[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest theoddone33

Ahh, I'm a little sad it's over.  I feel like it could have used another 2 episodes as the 5th target was a bit rushed, or maybe the 4th was too drawn out.   I didn't like how they just wrapped up all of the subplots in the whole drama in the last 5 minutes.

Overall it was a good drama, I'm gonna miss it (but mostly Park Min Young).

I'll admit I read some of the theories in this thread a couple of weeks ago and thought "there's no way that will turn out to be true" and yet it did.  You guys are awesome.

Guest fossilgirl

a reporter talked to the pd over the phone and asked him to clarify if yoonsung died because of some people's interpretation. the pd said that yoon sung lived and that although the ending seemed a bit ambiguous, they never meant for yoon sung to have died.

he also clarified that the last part where yoonsung is driving alone is to emphasize the legend/yoonsung's role as the city hunter.

the reporter asks if there's a possibility for a season 2. the pd says probably not...but then adds with a chuckle "unless lee min ho chooses to star in it."

lastly, the pd clarifies that nana and yoonsung reunite! yay!!!

loved city hunter<3

thanks so much for translating.. now its clear, YS lived with nana.. all you guys assumptions that why must JP say he is city hunter if YS will also die is useless and that the bright smiles Nana and YS had when they saw each other at the airport really were proof that YS indeed lived!!! i love this drama.. but as the PD said, we'll only accept a season 2 if Lee Minho and Park Minyoung are in it.. otherwise, forget it.. haha.. GREAT WORK PDnim.. hope to see more great works from the talented cast..

EDIT: Now that i am thinking about it, the ending was well thought of.. it might be too open ended for some but i think that the writers did well.. i love how they did not show everything but left some to our imaginations.. how they didnt rush things with YS and NN but rather showed that Nana lived alone after the events and even did not have YS when her father diied (i assumed they saw each other again for the 1st time at the airport.. just see their happy excited smile..).. its nice that they thought of giving a time jump to at least suggest that they gave them time to heal from such a sad thing that happened (meaning JP died and the first shot came from Nana..) it would have been more unreal if after such an event, YS and NN were immediately together.. anyway, sorry for my ramblings.. its just that its only now that i get how great the ending was.. that even in all its subtlety, the drama managed to give me what i truly want.. a happy ending!!!

To people who translated the article (sorry I can't quote, I'm typing this on my iPhone right now :( YES I am that hardcore, I can't leave this thread alone even after the drama ended LOL), thank you so much <33. Now we are 100% sure YS lived, and a happy ending for City Hunter <3333

And City Hunter season 2 with LMH and PMY would be awesome <3

Guest merlyunho

I NOW CAN REST ASSURED KNOWING THE FACT THAT YS DIDN'T DOE AND HE REUNITES WITH NANA.

GAH.

You hv no idea how scared i was to see how the bullet almost pierced through his heart. But then again I argued with my insecure self that if the bullet really pierced through his heart then wouldn't there will be more blood which came out from his scar? i don't really know about bullet shots but i guess i just ned the pd's clarification that ys didn't die. lol.

BUT I DEMAND A SEASON 2!!!!!! OR AT LEAST A SPECIAL!!! LOL.

No matter how the ending stayed in the 19-20% benchmark, I still think that CH has secured a definite position as one of the very few best dramas in 2011. And from what I see, the international viewers' response were great, too, weren't they, well they must be or unless that famous hollywood director (i forgot who his name is) won't go to Korea to specifically scouted LMH.

Guest pallycute

a reporter talked to the pd over the phone and asked him to clarify if yoonsung died because of some people's interpretation. the pd said that yoon sung lived and that although the ending seemed a bit ambiguous, they never meant for yoon sung to have died.

he also clarified that the last part where yoonsung is driving alone is to emphasize the legend/yoonsung's role as the city hunter.

the reporter asks if there's a possibility for a season 2. the pd says probably not...but then adds with a chuckle "unless lee min ho chooses to star in it."

loved city hunter<3

Thanks for your translation. :)

I like the PD have good sense of humor. :lol:

Yes you must made city hunter season two with original cast. That's the right thing haha..

Btw, this is picture when Park Min Young attended City Hunter farewell/ending party

au8cuw.jpg

great casts.. great storyline.. thumbs up to lee minho... those tears in his eyes.. omg it's really good... his acting is superb.. keep it up..

what i don't like is YJ's death.. freaking sad.. he died!! i had alittle hope after watching ep19, that he'll survive somehow.. but then in ep20 his death killed me inside T___T his awake, where nana tried to hold back her tears, i just couldn't stop crying.. T___T

and i'm still confused with the ending.. YS seems to be alive.. if he died, it'll be more tragic that way.. and his dad, Jin Pyo took all the blames.. and died in respect..

edit: above translation.. YS is alive. he really met Nana at the airport not his ghost..

The PD's explanation of the ending is exactly how I interpret it although there was an initial reaction of "WTH" excl.gif is this but then after careful reconsideration of the scene and knowing that Yong-Sung was not shot right at the heart, he shouldn't & couldn't have died. Plus, if his mum has known his death she would not have agreed to go to US. Therefore I never thought the last scene was a Yong-Sung ghost...(Lee Min-Ho looked really good with the black shirt & pants too!)

As for the ending scene where he drove his car on the road indicates to me that "the Journey of the City Hunter continues..."

BUT...

I can also interpret this another way i.e.  it's just ONE last time to promote for Hyundai sponsoring City Hunter the cars. HAHAHA!

Honestly though, the Lee Yong-Sung I have come to know in this 20 episodes tells me otherwise. He is no Bruce Wayne/Batman even though they have similarities. Bruce grew up happily and blissfully with his family in a rich home whereas Yong-Sung is completely the opposite. He longs and dreams to live a normal, peaceful and happy life with his loved ones so for his City Hunter journey to continue then he will have to sacrifice his dream of a normal life with Nana, Ahjussi and his mother. Even though his sense of righteneous is there but he could not possibly WANT to throw what he now has away just to set the corrupted society right (honestly, how many of them can he puts in jail?) and don't forget, Jin Pyo has already taken the City Hunter's title away for him so that he can live a normal life! If he continues to be CH then what is the point of Jin Pyo's sacrifice?

There will not be another season at least I don't wish it to happen because I cannot bear to see the character of Lee Yong-Sung risking his/loved ones' life and shutting out his loved ones all over again. It pains me even though this is just a bloody drama!!! So good bye City Hunter, it has been great watching you. Great storyline and fantastic OST, absolutely loved almost all the background instrumental music especially the City Hunter theme. *Hearts*

I really enjoyed the drama and Lee Min-Ho sshi, you did a fantastic job especially in the change of your facial expression when you found out from mum that Jin Pyo knew all along you are the President's son and also the look you had (you soften up for that few seconds but toughen up again with a determine look) when the President apologised for the life you lived because of him, his true father. And those eyes...those tears...you are a great actor now. I hope with this fantastic performance in CH, you will be nominated for Best Actor in the upcoming Awards. *Thumbs up*

Guest PMYLMH143

Got a question for those people who wants a season 2.

In season 2, what story do you REALLY want to see? The continuation of CH's fight against corrupt/bad people or the love story between YS and NN? or both?

loved city hunter<3

I'm glad YS ALIVE omg thanks

Guys I have one question...where place NN meet YS it's like airport but many flower in there and why Nana bring the luggage? where she want to go???

Guest samasta93

In season 2, what story do you REALLY want to see? The continuation of CH's fight against corrupt/bad people or the love story between YS and NN? or both?

nice question~

personally I halfheartedly agreed if there would be a second season, but if it happened.. then.. I would want to see both plots: CH's fight against corrupt/bad people (and please include a flashback that explains those untold stories: the creepy guy, who helped CJM escaped, the president impeachment plus how was his family reaction after they found out he has another son, why NN's dad finally passed away, where were YS and NN after JP's died, how was SH after YJ died) and OF COURSE the continuation of love story between YS-NN~

and another absolute precondition is... must be LMH and PMY~~~ ^_^

Guest alley86

I'm thinking about a thing

Yoon Sung and Nana first meeting:(At the beginning they didn't see each other )

jqt7nk.jpg

16lfnd1.jpg

n33s74.jpg

Yoon Sung and Nana at the end ( Finally their eyes meet)

9e8e02a050275eea4d3532f75f8cadb1_medium.jpg

decd8198472e2662d2b788ba44fdb95b_medium.jpg

I like how they want to complete their first meeting, very poetic

Photos credit to jbarky recaps

Guest peppermint_fairy

Both for sure, but since YS and NN have supposedly become a couple, there wouldn't be really much development for their relationship, unless they break up for some reason. The main focus should be once again the CH's fight against crime, and then put YS-NN' daily life (and bickering) as a couple in love in the background. Of course she should be his partner at work as well :lol: I really don't want a season 2 without Nana and some other woman taking the lead as the love interest, 'cause Nana's presence was just too important for YS, no one can take her place in our hero's heart. And if she were killed off he would probably go dark and depressed :unsure:

Maybe instead of a second season they could do a movie, with another big case to solve, so they can also give us a closure on their relationship (with them getting married for example).

Let's keep hoping LMH will consider the possibility of acting as CH again and not fear of being stucked with the character.

It wasn’t perfect but I’m quite happy with the ending.  I skipped that part where YJ was being beaten to a pulp and was still in a state of shock when he asked forgiveness for his father as YS cradled him in his arms.  But as soon as I saw SH sobbing in front of her husband’s picture, I was a goner and started bawling.  YJ paid for the sins of his father, poetic justice for Kim Jong-shik.  

After all the unquenchable anger, the thirst for revenge, the spilling of blood, love triumphed in the end. As they lay dying, their hands held together, there was no denying that JP loved YS as his own son and YS loved JP as his real father.  JP took the blame by admitting his crimes and confessing that he was the City Hunter.  It was his final act to show his son how much he loved him.  And although, he did not live to see it, YS did fulfill his father’s desire for revenge on the final member of the Group of Five by exposing the President, the biggest traitor of his country. This was a love story between a man and a boy who were inexhorably bound together by a cruel twist of fate.  The man kidnaped the boy when he was still an infant and raised him as his own son.  The man trained him to be the instrument of his revenge and the son trustingly obeyed.  As they embarked on their mission of revenge, they also grew to love one another.   

The death of YJ, in my opinion should not have happened.  He symbolized justice that is pure and untainted.  He was the white knight to YS’s dark knight and together they would have made a formidable team.  I would have preferred that his father died instead so that he need not have to do the painful task of bringing him to justice and I would have wanted to see him prosecuting the president and the rest of the corrupt officials.  But I guess it was now YS who would take the cudgels for him, maybe paving the way for City Hunter 2.  

I would like to have another season of City Hunter, hopefully, it’s Lee Min Ho and Hwang Seon Hee with Ajussi as the sidekick in it  (the actor who played Ajussi was just fantastic).  There’s so much chemistry between LMH and HSH and I want to see it played out on screen.  With the open ending, there are so many possibilities to explore.  

My City Hunter Season 2 Dream Team

yssh.jpg\\

ajussi.jpg

I'm thinking about a thing

Yoon Sung and Nana first meeting:(At the beginning they didn't see each other )

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Yoon Sung and Nana at the end ( Finally their eyes meet)

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

I like how they want to complete their first meeting, very poetic

Photos credit to jbarky recaps

I also love how the parallels complete themselves in this show :wub: And all the parallels are poignant scenes too, like the bullet wounds to the back, pointing guns at each other, stopping cars with human body, dream sequences vs. reality, etc.

Just looking at the above two scenes, and thinking back to everything that happened in between and all that it took for the two of them to get from one point to the other, makes me tear up tears.giftears.gif *time to go rewatch the series*

This was a love story between a man and a boy who were inexhorably bound together by a cruel twist of fate.  The man kidnaped the boy when he was still an infant and raised him as his own son.  

I like what you wrote and have highlighted the portion that still reminds me of the words JP spoke to YS the baby....."You will be happy."  He kept his promise to him.:wub:   I loved these guys from the very beginning.  What an entrance into my heart they made.

I will wait until Saturday to watch the finale.....Let's hope for a season 2.:D

Annyeong~~

I'm sure all the HUNTERS are somehow excited after watching the ending. Good drama deserves high rating! Congrats to Minho and all CH team ^_^

CityHunterFamily.jpg

source: dc

^^ You've worked so hard Minho aah and now it's for you to enjoy your free time. Take care~

Since it has ended, I need to at least write my first post and to say thank you to all the people who contributed to CH (specially to my MinMin couple whom I wish to be together in real life)... As much as possible I kept myself giving in so much emotion for city hunter since it gets hard when it ends, though I tried I'm now again suffering from withdrawal symptoms for CH like I did to Coffee House and CS, PK, and MMM last year... Feeling heavy and Im gonna miss my MINMIN couple, wish they could still work again in the future and when that time comes it would be rom-com. Of all the dramas I've seen this year City Hunter is the only one I've come to love so far and is added to my favorites Korean series list.Don't wanna shed tears on the last episode but I can't help it. I don't want YJ to die and also JP, though most hates JP but I don't, in fact I sympathize with his grief and understand his reason for revenge.

Guest alga215

i still cant believe that last night was the last episode.. I will really miss Lee Yoon Sung and Kim Na Na..

Why am I feeling lonely and teary eyed...

City Hunter, what have you done to me??? :(