[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

City Hunter Episode 20 (Finale) English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

cityhunter.jpg

City Hunter 1-20 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1527-city-hunter-2011%2F

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

Really sad that this drama/project has come to an end...

This one was really really good. I was really impressed with the way they "dealt" with it... everything from the OST to the filming shots was made as if City Hunter were a Movie/Film rather than a Drama.

I'm hoping that in the future we will get too see more projects like this one:)

thanks raine_evenstar for the analysis!  You really expressed my thoughts :) I also never thought that  YS  could've died after I watched  ep 20 the first time too. But after  reading some posts in this forum about his possible death,  I was  a bit shaky in my thoughts about him being alive or not . However,  after you wrote this analysis, I feel the same as i did before  and i truly don't think YS died at all :)  To me it just makes  makes more sense w/ YS being alive than not, esp. the car scene @ the end  :)

BTW I cant read Korean but I recently found this twitter account on the  http://tv.sbs.co.kr/cityhunter/ for YS: can anyone interpret the last few tweets? I tried using Google translate but idk how accurate it translates ( btw sorry for the weird formatting :/)

EDIT: thanks raine_evenstar for the edit and twitter update :) if we happen to look @ the same twitter account, then i do think it is official because I got it from the SBS website :) yEp yay.  

Wow I didn't expect so many people to agree/like my post lol :P I'm happy that I can help bring closure to fellow Hunters :lol:

But to answer your question, yes, those twitter accounts are the ones I'm refering to in my post :) City_Nana and City_YunSung

Guest nana544

What an amazing ending of CH. Like some of you, I agree and believe that YS didn't died. Also, Nana and YS did see each other, but when they separated, that is a mysterious that I cannot figure it out since YS drive away by himself. LMH is such an amazing actor-the scene where he watched his father died...*it breaks my heart*. I love love this drama oh so much more, everyone from the castings to the writes to the producers and the director---everything was plan out so good. I hope for a season 2 :). PMY and LMH are great actors! I'm going to miss CH so much!!!!!!

Guest kokoro.

someone pointed this out on tumblr, i can't remember who though (sorry, but credit to whoever did! ) but in the scene where ahjussi and yoonsung's mom were packing their luggage, an orange suitcase was seen with the packed stuff. and as it turns out, this suitcase shows up again in the airport scene with nana rolling it behind her. so it looks like our couple did get back together and lived together before ahjussi and mama went to the states, with nana accompanying. seeing this makes me feel that the airport scene was nana returning from the u.s. since she's alone and reuniting with yoonsung (who i'd like to think came to pick her up)

and since we don't really know for sure, let's just say yoonsung is driving by himself in the car at the end so that his pregnant fiance/wife (i REFUSE to forget the ring) can rest at home. good ending, right? haha.

Guest sweety86_ph

i'm so glad i read this thread again. raine, your post gave me hope. 

also, i read the soompi recap of the final episode and, since this is the prequel after all, i think it's only fair that they give us a full-on CH show, right? and i hope that, when they do, they'll still get PMY and LMH together :)

Guest shopaholican

someone pointed this out on tumblr, i can't remember who though (sorry, but credit to whoever did! ) but in the scene where ahjussi and yoonsung's mom were packing their luggage, an orange suitcase was seen with the packed stuff. and as it turns out, this suitcase shows up again in the airport scene with nana rolling it behind her. so it looks like our couple did get back together and lived together before ahjussi and mama went to the states, with nana accompanying. seeing this makes me feel that the airport scene was nana returning from the u.s. since she's alone and reuniting with yoonsung (who i'd like to think came to pick her up)

and since we don't really know for sure, let's just say yoonsung is driving by himself in the car at the end so that his pregnant fiance/wife (i REFUSE to forget the ring) can rest at home. good ending, right? haha.

I LOVE THIS!wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

((( Episodes 01-20 --- COMPLETE )))

"City Hunter (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ City Hunter Team @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter

Softsubs Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter/posts/7777-city-hunter-2011-viki-softsubs

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The RAW video files are also in folders on file hosting services...

MU Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel -|- 720p-HanSun

FS Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel -|- 720p-HanSun

The softsub links will be in folders on file hosts...

MegaUpload Folder | FileServe Folder | MediaFire Folder

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

SWTCH.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E03.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E04.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E05.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E06.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E07.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E08.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E09.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E10.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

Thanks to omgsun for covering for Ahoxan for this week. :)

SWTCH.E11.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E12.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E13.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E14.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E15.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E16.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E17.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E18.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E19.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E19.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.vf.srt ((( new )))

SWTCH.E20.END.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

Thanks to...

The Perverts Team

aka

~ City Hunter Team @ ViKi.com ~

NOTE:

"ViKi.vf.srt" version contains post-release edits.

ViKi Softsubs synced to 720p-HanSun by BaekSoo are in Softsubs Folders.

Guest crazypilovee

after rewatching ep20 again... i am SOOO sad CH ended...

i think i need to find a support group to get through CH withdrawal symptoms.... hehe

my fav parts of the last ep was the conversation b/wn YS & the president when he handed over the ledger. when YS talked about believing in the faith/trust of the ppl and country... i thought it was so eloquently said & says alot about justice and all.... damn i love that guy.

and of course i cried at the shootout.... even though i kinda knew from the beginning JP wouldn't end well, seeing YS so torn over his death after finally realizing that JP truly loved YS (through his sacrifice).... that was so heartbreaking :'(

Guest samgirl

i dont wanna join the debate if YS is alive or not, I choose to believe he is and is living his new life with Nana and mon and ahjusshi. one thing that got me thinking this is that JP took all the blame from YS before he died knowing all he wanted is a new life away from all of this. and this is what they're doing actually towards the end of the episode.

Nana and YS's mom and Ahjusshi moving out of the country and The ex president wishing mom happiness , how else would she find her reason to live again if YS is dead.

The ending was well crafted making us go crazy thinking of our version of this drama's ending.

LOve this drama to bits! LMH has outdone himself , such a great talent at a young age, ive always been a fan , well because he is pretty, but dang this guy can really act and Im bound to pick up anything he will star in the future! I hope he wont make us wait that long before he chooses another project. A movie perhaps? And City Hunter Season 2 for 2012! Woohoooo!!

Thank you hunters for always providing juicy information, spoilers, links throughout the run.

I'll sorely miss Lee Yoon Sung and Kim Nana on Wednesday and Thursday nights. :(

Guest tfz_hebe89

If the ending scene of YS driving in a car had NN sitting beside him, it would make it VERY CLEAR that YS is still alive..but he is driving alone..

after watching ep19 i have this little hope that kim young joo might be alive... just started watching ep20 like 2 mins... and i just couldn't cont it... it breaks my heart to see kim young joo died... tears.giftears.gif why he must die?? it's so unfair... he deserves to be happy with sae hee... he deserves a happy ending too...

ITA ITA x 1000 with @raine_evenstar's post. Great post. After reading your post it made me like the ending more. 

After reading @toma_sis post, it also made me appreciate the ending more and gave me more hope for another season of City Hunter. I have not read the comic but I may take a look it at more after reading your post but the style of art of the comic doesn't really suit me either ^_^ 

"CITY HUNTER drama 2011 was the BEGINNING of the story of the City Hunter."

"I’m praying for CITY HUNTER 2012 – Their Journey ^^ :wub: "

Beginning. Yes!!!! 

Can't believe that the last episode aired already :( I will miss my City Hunter Thursday and Friday nights. ;___________;

I have learnt quite a bit about korean politics/politics (?) too! So this is great! 

The death of JP...I really like how they ended his character confessing that it was all him. You could totally see in his eyes that he did love his baby YS when he shot him instead of the president, same with the time when YS stabbed his hand. :(((( Once again, another great scene which was greatly acted by Lee Min Ho and Kim Sang Jung. Loved JP too wub.gif

tumblr_lp2byq6zbJ1qcuukeo1_500.giftumblr_lp2byq6zbJ1qcuukeo4_250.giftumblr_lp2byq6zbJ1qcuukeo3_250.giftumblr_lp2byq6zbJ1qcuukeo2_250.gif

credit: peachringring@tumblr

I just loved that circling ending scene with KNN and YS, even though there was no sign of any physical contact haha I loved that scene. Ahhhh @ when the camera was circling around both of them......those two ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. @_@ I can't take my eyes of them tehee. Beautiful people....ahhh

]smgfbt.png

2199bnq.png

(I hope the spoiler tags work, sorry I don't post too often ^_^)

The whole CH TEAM did such a great job on creating this good drama! Thank you!! Such a good job! I really hope they consider and continue the story of the City Hunter because really it doesn't seem finished!! If they continue the story I will be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifph34r.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Man, I wish the PD would make a City Hunter special where the cast can talk about the NGs, their experiences and perhaps talk a bit about the ending (like how some drama, such as Secret Garden and IRIS had specials episodes). Idk if everyone remember the drama Iljimae (with Lee Jun Ki) ended with an open ending, I heard the fans went crazy and later the PD said that Iljimae didn't die, etc. So please CH's PD-nim, would you kindly explain the ending? D: or else we will spam the questions and crash the site! (jkjk)

Guest monkeyshinobi

ughhhh sooo good!!! XD City Hunter has been such a thrill to watch~ Can't believe it's over...

I kinda wish that the drama had an extra episode...idk episode 20 didn't feel too complete. It's very loosely ended but maybe we can hope for City Hunter 2 LOL XD

AHHH Can't believe the prosecutor died! T___T I actually liked him...ah and he finally reconciled with his ex-wife...they were going to restart everything too!!

and the dad...aww he really did love Yun Sung as his own son :D

so...what ever happened to the guy in the basement? lol

Guest samosvetleee

So please CH's PD-nim, would you kindly explain the ending? D: 

I'm really looking for an article-dedicated-explanation of the City Hunter's very last minutes - finale,cause i'm still confused over what exactly happened,after the dramatic gun-shot !!!

I'm ok with an open ending,as long as i don't have to wonder what exactly happened...ph34r.gif

Guest pallycute

City Hunter Ending Party

fty42kj65.jpg

mguu.jpg

qk06g.jpg

Man, I wish the PD would make a City Hunter special where the cast can talk about the NGs, their experiences and perhaps talk a bit about the ending (like how some drama, such as Secret Garden and IRIS had specials episodes). Idk if everyone remember the drama Iljimae (with Lee Jun Ki) ended with an open ending, I heard the fans went crazy and later the PD said that Iljimae didn't die, etc. So please CH's PD-nim, would you kindly explain the ending? D: or else we will spam the questions and crash the site! (jkjk)

I found news about City Hunter PD explained the ending. Sorry, It's in Korean and I don't know korean.

Mabye someone can translate the whole article? It would be nice. Thanks :D

‘시티헌터’ PD, 이민호 유령설에 폭소 “이민호 살았다”

기사입력 2011-07-29 14:49:14

[TV리포트 박진영 기자] ‘시티헌터’ 이민호의 유령설에 제작PD가 웃음을 터트렸다.

28일 SBS TV 수목드라마 ‘시티헌터’(황은경 최수진 극본, 진혁 연출)가 종영한 가운데 시청자들은 이진표(김상중 분)가 쏜 총에 맞은 이윤성(이민호 분)이 죽었다며 ‘사망설’과 ‘유령설’을 제기했다.

이와 관련해 ‘시티헌터’ 연출을 맡은 진혁PD는 29일 TV리포트와의 전화통화에서 “사망한 것이 아니다”라고 말하고는 ‘유령설’에 대해 재미있다는 반응을 보였다.

진혁PD는 “결말에서 애매모호한 부분이 있기는 하지만 그런 의도는 절대 아니다”며 “마지막에 차를 타고 도로를 질주하는 것도 남아 있는 불의에 대한 ‘시티헌터’의 의지를 표현한 것”이라고 설명했다.

결국 열린 결말을 선택한 진혁PD는 “혹시 시즌2를 생각하고 있느냐”는 질문에 아니라고 말하면서 “(이)민호가 출연을 해야 가능한 일이다”라며 껄껄 웃음 지었다.

한편 총 20회로 종영한 ‘시티헌터’는 사회적인 문제를 언급하며 많은 화제를 낳았으며 마지막회에서는 이진표가 이윤성을 대신해 죽음을 맞이했고, 훗날 이윤성은 김나나(박민영 분)과 재회했다.

사진=SBS TV '시티헌터' 화면 캡처

Source: 박진영 기자 neat24@tvreport.co.kr

City Hunter Ending Party

I found news about City Hunter PD explained the ending. Sorry, It's in Korean and I don't know korean.

28일 SBS TV 수목드라마 ‘시티헌터’(황은경 최수진 극본, 진혁 연출)가 종영한 가운데 시청자들은 이진표(김상중 분)가 쏜 총에 맞은 이윤성(이민호 분)이 죽었다며 ‘사망설’과 ‘유령설’을 제기했다.

이와 관련해 ‘시티헌터’ 연출을 맡은 진혁PD는 29일 TV리포트와의 전화통화에서 “사망한 것이 아니다”라고 말하고는 ‘유령설’에 대해 재미있다는 반응을 보였다.

진혁PD는 “결말에서 애매모호한 부분이 있기는 하지만 그런 의도는 절대 아니다”며 “마지막에 차를 타고 도로를 질주하는 것도 남아 있는 불의에 대한 ‘시티헌터’의 의지를 표현한 것”이라고 설명했다.

결국 열린 결말을 선택한 진혁PD는 “혹시 시즌2를 생각하고 있느냐”는 질문에 아니라고 말하면서 “(이)민호가 출연을 해야 가능한 일이다”라며 껄껄 웃음 지었다.

한편 총 20회로 종영한 ‘시티헌터’는 사회적인 문제를 언급하며 많은 화제를 낳았으며 마지막회에서는 이진표가 이윤성을 대신해 죽음을 맞이했고, 훗날 이윤성은 김나나(박민영 분)과 재회했다.

사진=SBS TV '시티헌터' 화면 캡처

a reporter talked to the pd over the phone and asked him to clarify if yoonsung died because of some people's interpretation. the pd said that yoon sung lived and that although the ending seemed a bit ambiguous, they never meant for yoon sung to have died.

he also clarified that the last part where yoonsung is driving alone is to emphasize the legend/yoonsung's role as the city hunter.

the reporter asks if there's a possibility for a season 2. the pd says probably not...but then adds with a chuckle "unless lee min ho chooses to star in it."

lastly, the pd clarifies that nana and yoonsung reunite! yay!!!

loved city hunter<3

City Hunter Ending Party

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

사진=SBS TV '시티헌터' 화면 캡처

I don't know if this is the exact article concerning the ending clarification, but someone over at Baidu translated a Korean news article where TV Report interviews the production team (namely the PD). Basically the article is saying that both the PD and the scriptwriter CONFIRM THAT YS IS ALIVE IN THE END. They responded to netizen's "ghost" theory, stating that's not their intention at all. They purposely made the ending kind of ambiguous (open ending) but YS being alive or dead was never part of that ambiguity lol. The last scene is stated to be Nana reuniting with YS after a lapse of time. REST EASY HUNTERS LOL NO MORE DEBATE NEEDED

EDIT: Just saw the translation above, thanks for the translation! foodbagjoon :) And I agree, without LMH and PMY I don't want a season 2 lol