[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest alley86

I liked the ending, it was deep and well made i don't have complaint.

Moreover there is a little possibility to have a season two thanks to this ending.

Maybe the production wants to see if the drama will be a success around the Asia.

Don't forget this is the first City Hunter drama.

Hanayori dango had four version and a huge success.

Sorry if my english is not perfect I hope you can understand :sweatingbullets:

I just skimmed through the RAW last episode briefly and from what I see, the ending seems pretty satisfying. Of course some of us our unsatisfied (no drama ending can ever satisfy everyone) as we have all envisioned/hoped for something much more but we all have to keep in mind that the crew only had one episode left to tie up all the loose ends. It's a really hard feat and they managed to do it quite well. Plus as alley86stated above, more possibilities for a second season. This is definitely a drama that can be carried on season after season... ;)

I'm really going to miss City Hunter... especially the cast.. LMH and PMY need to work on another project together. And maybe LJH and HSH? Keke, my fav OTPs ever <3

Guest sunyeon kim

@Good123 , please submit and shared the download link for medium quality raw !

need to download it as soon as you provide the download link , Need the MKV raw . because it's already THE END :]

need to watch it .

curious to watch the ending part !!

thanks in advanced <3

Thanks to everyone for posting all the links to watch the show.

I just watched it with no subs and yep...the ending is definitely rushed. The show really needs like another 10m ins to really kind or wrap up everything that they can. For the part where JP and YS is holding hands, that part is not unusal to me because I saw that same part in Time of Dog and Wolf ( I think that is how you say that name)....it had the same ending like that and then the next scene Lee Jun Ki was okay. So, that scene is not shocking to me. For the rest of the show, we just all have to assume.

Definitly Ahjussi and YS's mom is going to the US because YS wanted to take her there before, but couldn't. I think that is where she would get her cure. The one question is that isn't YS going with his mom...considering he has to give his bone marrow to her. I'm assuming later. I don't really think that NN is going with Ahjussi and KH, she seems like she is going for vacation and YS...probably just sent his mother off....saw NN and stopped to smile at her. NN's dad passed away because of the flower in her hair, so that is probably why she is going on vacation, to take her sadnes away. As for the ring, who knows?..it was such a big emphasis and then it just disappeared. He will probably give it to her later on. The ring might just be the writers telling us that they will eventually get together because it sort of gives YS the courage to live. As for why YS put a guy on his head, I don't know how he was going to get out of that, but I think he had a lot of confidence that him doing that might stop JP. I guess at that time, YS was quite happy that someone else tried to stop JP so that he could get out of that situation. I think the prosecutors didn't question anymore because the past story has been brought to light and it was probably enough for them to stop looking. It already dragged too many people in, including the President. For YS, he hasn't given up on being CH, so the driving of the car at the end is supposed to mean that. A lone ranger in the night doing what he needs to do.

This my take on the ending. It isn't that bad. I remember watching another ending where the girl didn't know that the guy lived until he left her a note saying he will wait for her. Then, he left for I think the States and she stayed in Korea. I accepted that ending, so this one...at least NN and YS got to see face to face and it's not like they are not staying in Korea anymore.

Spolier Question:

who is the mole in Esp 19 who release Chun?

yeah, with all the questions being ask here ( the ring, where is ? and ? and more other Q )....I only have this one QUESTION like yours. I dont understand korean and the subs are not out yet, but i cant remember a scene showing us who let go Chun Maen.

Bravo for Lee Mi Ho for another good acting...he's getting better and better and we'll be expecting a lot of him in his next project...

Guest JoyceTeo

Final esp Chinese subs

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/AigzdsIyXCc/

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/is7D0JP_YBs/

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/sa-ipcf39qg/

Thanks for answering all those questions and just so you know, you are DEFINITELY not the only one who liked the ending b/c I LOVED it! Also, I suspect a lot of people who are complaining about it are basing their comments on what other people said and not b/c they actually watched it themselves. Once people see the episode for themselves (especially with the subs) I think they'll have different opinions.

As several others have already mentioned, the drama was not a rom-com, nor a romance, it was a revenge story with a lot of father-son angst (and a little of the mother mixed in). From about the half-way point I know I started seeing the parallel's between YS and YJ's stories, their conflicts with the moral differences between themselves and their fathers, struggling to fight for justice in their own ways, etc. etc. For me, those relationships were the crux of the story, along with getting justice for the men who died in North Korea.

I'm completely satisfied with the ending. City Hunter continues his missions bolstered by the words YJ said to him as he died. Nana's father finally is at peace, as is JP and the 21 men who died. YS and NN are together, his mother is recovering, etc. etc. Everyone's stories were wrapped up. I'm used to K-dramas having rushed endings, so for me that's not even worth complaining about at this point.

I just finished the final episode. And I have stopped crying.

I took a sneak peak at this thread before I saw the last ep and read that people were unsatisfied and that the ending was rushed.

While I agree the ending was rushed, I can't say that I am unsatisfied. Because I am totally emotionally spent right now.

I cried like a waterfall two times during this episode.

First was when Jinpyo died.I knew death was coming for him because honestly, he has done so many horrible things. But I was totally watching this from Yoon Sung's point of view. Before the shooting, Yoon Sung had asked Jinpyo if he had ever thought about Yoon Sung. He told Jinpyo that he just wanted to live a normal life with him. My heart was breaking for Yoon Sung who then has to watch his person who raised him, who lost a leg for him, who Yoon Sung held onto to the very last hope that he cared for him.... I cried and am crying again for Yoon Sung who watched his father die after confessing to be the City Hunter so that Yoon Sung can live a normal life.

Hold on... I need a tissue...

Second was when we were shown the memorial for all those soldiers that died and Lee Jinpyo's name for on it. Not that I particularly cared for Lee Jin Pyo but because this is what Yoon Sung and Lee Jinpyo wanted. That this was the country that finally delivered justice for those people who died serving.

I know that Yoon Sung and Nana are going to be happy together. And that life will go on for President Choi and his family. While I wished there were more Yoon Sung and Nana scenes, I feel like the drama did played up and resolved their issues in the middle and from then on, like Nana, I could just go on faith that Nana and Yoon Sung will be together, happy.

So I am satisfied with the ending.

I fell in love with a story about a man who was trying to correct the wrongs in the world. Who risked his life for what he believed was right. Who had the whole world to shoulder. Who had to deal with the weight of his actions. Who had to learn that it is only an uphill battle. Who still kept his faith, who protected the faith of citizens who wanted what was right.

Thank you, City Hunter. Thank you.

thanks for your comments, Joonni, you're making me cry again and I've yet to watch 19-20 with the subs, so I'm sure there will be more waterworks in my future!

I especially love this part:

I fell in love with a story about a man who was trying to correct the wrongs in the world. Who risked his life for what he believed was right. Who had the whole world to shoulder. Who had to deal with the weight of his actions. Who had to learn that it is only an uphill battle. Who still kept his faith, who protected the faith of citizens who wanted what was right.

I feel exactly the same way, I'll really miss this drama!

Guest aya2299

Thanks for answering all those questions and just so you know, you are DEFINITELY not the only one who liked the ending b/c I LOVED it! Also, I suspect a lot of people who are complaining about it are basing their comments on what other people said and not b/c they actually watched it themselves. Once people see the episode for themselves (especially with the subs) I think they'll have different opinions.

As several others have already mentioned, the drama was not a rom-com, nor a romance, it was a revenge story with a lot of father-son angst (and a little of the mother mixed in). From about the half-way point I know I started seeing the parallel's between YS and YJ's stories, their conflicts with the moral differences between themselves and their fathers, struggling to fight for justice in their own ways, etc. etc. For me, those relationships were the crux of the story, along with getting justice for the men who died in North Korea.

I'm completely satisfied with the ending. City Hunter continues his missions bolstered by the words YJ said to him as he died. Nana's father finally is at peace, as is JP and the 21 men who died. YS and NN are together, his mother is recovering, etc. etc. Everyone's stories were wrapped up. I'm used to K-dramas having rushed endings, so for me that's not even worth complaining about at this point.

agree with you  ............. i am one of those who judge it befor seeing it but when i see it i love it great ending great beginning supper great drama .................... 

Guest good123

Medium Quality

City Hunter Eps.20

200 Mb MKV File

http://depositfiles.com/files/l2bwr7cws

or

http://www.fileserve.com/file/6ckn6zB/City.Hunter.E20.END.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.easy-share.com/1916964500/City.Hunter.E20.END.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1537581934/City.Hunter.E20.END.XviD-HANrel.mkv

Guest bokchoi

I think the biggest scene for me outside of the ending climax,

and me wondering if YS was actually gonna die (ala Lee Byung Hyun IRIS-style) was when the President apologizes to YS as his father. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, tear jerker (at least for me).

Well played City Hunter, well played. Really impressed with how far LMH has come and I remember thinking how did this pretty-boy become such a badass.

Guest mind.love

And another show comes to an end. It was a fun action pack drama. Looking forward to the actors/ess in their future project. 

I think a lot of people are confused about the ending because they don't understand Korean.

I actually really liked this episode considering that this drama isn't supposed to be romance-based.

I cried like crazy though. Sigh.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for JinPyo? I never hated him. I just felt really bad for him :/

Lee MinHo is a hottie. I can't wait for his next drama.

SPOILER:

Oh, I also love the part where the President helps YS find the notebook and how 'ready' he seemed to die by JP.

And truthfully, I understand WHY NN had to shoot JP but still.. come on. It's YS's dad. Why shoot him and hurt YS????

I just finished the final episode. And I have stopped crying.

First was when Jinpyo died.I knew death was coming for him because honestly, he has done so many horrible things. But I was totally watching this from Yoon Sung's point of view. Before the shooting, Yoon Sung had asked Jinpyo if he had ever thought about Yoon Sung. He told Jinpyo that he just wanted to live a normal life with him. My heart was breaking for Yoon Sung who then has to watch his person who raised him, who lost a leg for him, who Yoon Sung held onto to the very last hope that he cared for him.... I cried and am crying again for Yoon Sung who watched his father die after confessing to be the City Hunter so that Yoon Sung can live a normal life.

Hold on... I need a tissue...

Thank you, City Hunter. Thank you.

I too love the scene between the father and son ( although they are really not related ) still he raised him and you can see that JP cares about YS since he always flinch each time YS tries to hurt himself ( when he stabbed himself on the hand and when he turned the gun on himself ). YS cares and loved him no matter what because he is his father figure after all. The scene where they were reaching for each other's hands was a touching one for me since JP seems like saying ...." It's over and we're free from all of these pain " and it's like he's saying goodbye to his son or at least that's my point of view.

Guest vickajenny

I'll try to answer some questions.. even though most of it is probably opinionated.

1. What in world did YJ death managed to do? Why kill him for no reason?

it's for dramatic purposes. You NEVER expected the prosecutor to die right!? At least he went out with a heroic BANG!

2. What happened to SH and YJ's dad?

-*Time jump.

3. What happened to YS after he was shot? How did they explain JP and YS holding hands :mellow: after getting shot? :unsure: (So there was never going to be a NN bodyguard and YS CH facing one another but just YS CH and JP? Then shouldn't the dream have been about JP and YS being shot and then dying while holding each others hands?) Am sorry but I found the holding hands and dying scene of JP and YS very weird.  :ph34r:

-it was a moment between father and son. no one in the room mattered. and time jump.

4. CH was tall and young. JP was definitely not that..so weren't questions asked by other Prosecutors? What about YJ's assistant?

-time jump for YJ's assistant. who is CH?

5. Didn't anyone ask WHY YS was in the room with the President and NN?

-He's the city hunter... he got in, and probably was asked that afterwards. Or they were preoccupied b/c JP said he was the City Hunter... And if anything, they would probably be more focus on the guns that were being pointed at the president.

6. Why did YS promise NN that he will come back if he intended to splatter his brain on some wall?

-He was in the moment! Look, if you had the dilemma of protecting your real father against the man who raised you by blocking that assassination by targeting the one weakness Jinpyo had... I would go for the weakness too!

7. What happened to the ring that KH gave YS to give to NN?

-Uh... I dunno, maybe he gives it to her after they meet again. Imagine bigger!

8. What happened to the bell thingy date on New Years?

That was a off the cuff just future plans that they MIGHT DO. and besides he was choking on toxic fumes when she said that to him. And seeing from what they are wearing it looks like it's still summer.

9. If NN's dad died, then where was YS when she needed him? Was the scene of the smile, really the first time they met after the shooting?

-it's implied that nana's dad's died a few days ago, so he could have helped her though the tough time then, or if anything he probably went into hiding/resting, you know with him being shot and all.

10. Where was NN after YS was shot?

-time jump.

11. Is KH cured? Or is she going to US for further medical procedures?

-time jump.

12. What happened to CJM's lackey?

-time jump.

13. What happened to the President?

-time jump.

14. The scene where YS is driving in the night..is he still in Korea?

-yes. He was driving his car in Korea.

---------------------------

*When I meant time jump, I mean that there is literally a time jump. You could tell that time has passed, NN's friends are getting married (practically, that would NOT happen in less than a month). Time heals and also people move on and change. For all we know YJ's father could be running a nice charity or something...

what I'm trying to say is. There is a time jump. Time heals, it changes people and things and people move on.

That is what I got from the ending of City Hunter.

I'm probably the only one who liked the ending. :P

I love your answers... Time Jump...And I love the ending too... 

I watched the last episode on livestream and I really like the way they squeezed so much of the important revelations in the first half of the episode, I'd thought they really don't make any fuss about it and went head on with it . Overall the episode was fast paced after few moderately paced episodes so it was great to see that they returned back to basics, so to say, which brought so many people to this drama.

It wasn't the best last episode of a k-drama that I've ever seen, however, I would still rate it among the better ones. I was plesantly suprised that the editing didn't lack in quality as it's so often in other last episodes.

Well, about my reaction to the confrontation between YS and JP: the moment JP and YS pointed their guns at each other I started screaming: They are going to kill him!! Please, don't kill him!! :ph34r: and then after YS was shot: That's straight in his heart!! He isn't wearing a bullet-proof vest!! That's fatal!! He's going to die!! and finally: He's dead!! He died!! How could they!!! How could they!!! They'd said it was a prequel!! How is it supposed to be prequel when they killed the City Hunter!!! :tears:

I'm used to the fact that the last episode is usually slightly longer (3-5 minutes) than the regular episodes so I was really suprised they didn't take advantage of it. I admit there weren't some of the loose end tied, however, altogether it is was satisfactory ending but I must admit that I can say that only after waiting 5 hours to write this post and calmed down all those mixed emotions I had just right after the episode ended.

The things I am, however, dissatisfied is the short reunion scene between YS and Nana. First I'd thought he's a ghost only she's seeing, then, when I came finally to the conclusion he is indeed real and they, me and their legions of fans would at last get the long awaited happy ending, there was this abrupt camera shot at YS driving through the night in Seoul :blink: , probably "hunting" and wearing the same clothes he had in the previous scene. I gathered the scene was at an airport and they're leaving to U.S.. NO touch NO embrace NO kiss!!! excl.gif I mean they had still time so I don't understand why there was no kiss. I hadn't thought I would ever say this but I was hoping for at least one of those typical k-drama kisses that last half of a second you must zoom so you can check they lips are touching and the sun is shining in such an angle that you are lucky just to see the silhouettes (how low did i stoop :( ). I lowered my standards so much and still no gain excl.gif:tears: I mean 30 seconds and one butterfly touch later they would have made thousands of OTP shippers world over blissfully happy and prevented outbursts of dissatisfaction phew.gif . I think both LMH and PMY would survive, too, since they are professionals ;) .

So the real question for me is this: Did he go with Nana to the States or did he stay behind being the City Hunter??? From all the informations we got I know it would be really difficult for him to stay as CH and not to be caught but the last shot is kind of misleading. But maybe it was used only for sentimental reason, you know, last shot belongs to the infamous City Hunter, the dark hero driving through the night. :unsure:

P.s.: I saw 666 users here right after the episode ended. That must be on the level of Secret Garden, You're Beautiful and BOF!!!

huhuhu!

i dont like the ending

why NN and YS only stares T---T

even the stares are so intense <33333~

yeah, well.this isn't romance drama --"

i know, but the genre is romance also right?? (Action+ Romance) T-T

huks!

hehe!

btw i'm glad, YS isn't dead! ><

SPECIAL EPISODE PLEASE~

Guest HeLLAsian

I think a lot of people are confused about the ending because they don't understand Korean.

I actually really liked this episode considering that this drama isn't supposed to be romance-based.

I cried like crazy though. Sigh.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for JinPyo? I never hated him. I just felt really bad for him :/

Lee MinHo is a hottie. I can't wait for his next drama.

SPOILER:

Oh, I also love the part where the President helps YS find the notebook and how 'ready' he seemed to die by JP.

And truthfully, I understand WHY NN had to shoot JP but still.. come on. It's YS's dad. Why shoot him and hurt YS????

I also feel really sorry for JinPyo ! Maybe he wanted to kill these 5 people but his goal to get out the truth to all korean about what happen in 83 is a right thing !

Aigoo there are many many questions left without answers ! I hope to found answer with the eng translation soon ^^

I really wondered what happen to the President !

Thanks u guys ♥ CH was awesome ♥ Thank to the staff ♥ Thank to the Producers ♥ Thank to Minho&Minyoung ♥ Thank to all actors ♥

All these "Thank" are just here to proof that i can't admit that it's the end T^T

Guest boraah

Guys... I think if there going to be a City Hunter 2, it's going to be more based on the comics/manga. Where he becomes that private detective and Nana becomes his partner (or the actress doesn't come back, and we get a new female character). Anyway, I saw this series as a "orgin story". You know like Batman Begins. Does anyone else think that?