Suggestions? :]

da-chan

Books, tv series, dramas, anime ♥
Hi! I'm looking for a HUUUGE AMOUNT of new things to read/see :3

Books:

-Romance, fantasy, paranormal type of books ;D

Books I read & Loved (recently)

-The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare & The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

-Vampire Kisses series

-Twilight Stephenie Meyer

and much more >.< (Dont remember any more)

TV Series:

-Romance, fantasy, paranormal etc xD

TV Series I saw:

-Skins, Vampire Diaries

Drama's/Anime:

-Romance (maybe student x teacher?), paranormal etc

Drama/Anime I saw & loved (recently)

-Nabari no ou (I LOVE IT)

-Vampire Knight

-Shugo Chara

-Hana Kimi

-Orthros no Inu

and more but, dont remember Lols. Please, if theres like also a new or upcoming drama/anime thats good please also suggest it ♥ && If its possible, the

drama's cant be older then maybe around 2000's

Guest cuppycake

So basically any paranormal romance right?

BOOKS:

My Blood approves series - Amanda Hocking

"Seventeen-year-old Alice Bonham's life feels out of control after she meets Jack. With his fondness for pink Chuck Taylors and New Wave hits aside, Jack's unlike anyone she's ever met. Then she meets his brother, Peter. His eyes pierce through her, and she can barely breathe when he's around. Even though he can't stand the sight of her, she's drawn to him. But falling for two very different guys isn't even the worst of her problems. Jack and Peter are vampires, and Alice finds herself caught between love and her own blood... "

Vampire academy series - Richelle Mead

- once you get through the first like 1/2 of the first book, the romance begins

"After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir's Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It's filled with intrigue, danger - and even romance."

NON-PARANORMAL BUT STILL GOOD/YOU'LL PROBABLY LIKE:

The Hunger Game series - Suzanne Collins

"In a not-too-distant future, the United States of America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war, to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year, two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcasted throughout Panem as the 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss's young sister, Prim, is selected as the mining district's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart, Peeta, the son of the town baker who seems to have all the fighting skills of a lump of bread dough, will be pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives."

Matched - Ally Condie

"For Cassia, nothing is left to chance--not what she will eat, the job she will have, or the man she will marry. In Matched, the Society Officials have determined optimal outcomes for all aspects of daily life, thereby removing the "burden" of choice. When Cassia's best friend is identified as her ideal marriage Match it confirms her belief that Society knows best, until she plugs in her Match microchip and a different boy’s face flashes on the screen. This improbable mistake sets Cassia on a dangerous path to the unthinkable--rebelling against the predetermined life Society has in store for her."

TV SHOWS:

True blood - Watch out, it's HBO. So nudity is a given. Based on Sookie Stackhouse books. Read the books if you aren't comfortable with the nudity.

The Gates -- Paranormal community: street of families with werewolves/vampires/succubuses, etc. Some romance I suppose, but it's more mystery/drama.

Desperate housewives -- I don't know what it is about this show, but I love it so much. It's about housewives obviously on a surburn neighbourhood. But they go through so much stuff as friends, individual romantic relationships, family problems, etc.

Gossip girl -- high school drama, backstabbing, etc, etc.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head. I'll post more when I can think of more lol.

I can give you manga suggestions as well if you read manga.

^

About the True Blood series, I'll also like to add that they are sexual situations in it that might not be appropriate for younger viewers.

But on that note, have you seen Supernatural? It's about two brothers battling supernatual things. And the first few seasons are pretty good. Plus eyecandy!

Books:

I'm an avid reader, but some of what I read are slightly mature? Anyways I'll list the teenage paranormal romances that I have read and loved.

Silver Kiss and Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klauss

First one is a vampire story and the second is a werewolf one.

Then there's the Demon's Lexicon series by Sarah Rees Brennan. Her writing is phenomenally funny.

Summary
: Nick and his brother, Alan, have spent their lives on the run from magic. Their father was murdered, and their mother was driven mad by magicians and the demons who give them power. The magicians are hunting the Ryves family for a charm that Nick's mother stole -- a charm that keeps her alive -- and they want it badly enough to kill again.

Danger draws even closer when a brother and sister come to the Ryves family for help. The boy wears a demon's mark, a sign of death that almost nothing can erase...and when Alan also gets marked by a demon, Nick is desperate to save him. The only way to do that is to kill one of the magicians they have been hiding from for so long.

Ensnared in a deadly game of cat and mouse, Nick starts to suspect that his brother is telling him lie after lie about their past. As the magicians' Circle closes in on their family, Nick uncovers the secret that could destroy them all.

This is the Demon's Lexicon. Turn the page.

Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. (there's 5? maybe more books in the series.

Anyways, I think that's all I can recall atm for suggestions. Do tell me if you're interested in more suggestions though. I'll love to help :]

Guest cuppycake

Just got home and was looking at my bookshelf.

I also really liked:

Hush, Hush and the sequel Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

It's about angels, but surprisingly good romance drama.

Your age would help. :P

Books:

Anything by Neil Gaiman! because I am mildly obsessed with him and must promote him whenever possible

If you're younger: The Graveyard Book/Coraline/Stardust

Kid is raised in a graveyard by ghosts/kid crawls through a mysterious door to the "other" world/some kind of fairy-tale fantasy love story that I didn't read very carefully :lol:!!

If you're older: American Gods/the Sandman series

Very nice story about gods who exist based on what people "worship", old gods are slowly fading due to people's new reliance, or "worship" of the new gods, like technology/graphic novel series mainly focused on the Sandman, or Dream, and his family of The Endless...stuffed full of everything and everyone from everywhere, appearances by anyone from Shakespeare to the Greek muses to Eve! (from the Bible...)

TV series:

Avatar: The Last Airbender (not joking, doesn't matter if you are 13 or 30)

Dramas: (sorry, don't watch animes so no recommendations...though some of my friends keep trying to get me to watch Full Metal Alchemist?)

Personal Taste is very cute

Proposal Daisakusen is really, really sweet, and if you liked Hana Kimi maybe Nobuta wo Produce or Kurosagi?

Liar Game 1+2 are very clever :)

Archived