[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been in Soompi for maybe 2 years. Never thought I'd be back, but this drama is really getting to me. :) I just stumbled upon it yesterday and assumed it would only be 20 episodes. I decided to watch it for that reason since I rarely watch dramas that are still airing. I want to wait until they're finished and do marathons. :) Imagine to my horror when I realized this one is slated for 50 episodes! (I knew something was up when they went into so much detail about the lives of the workers in the gisaeng house so that's when I decided to find out exactly how many episodes this one was gonna have. dry.gif)

Oh well. Now that I've finished watching all 20 episodes (yes, I also skip the woes of Elvis-wannabe Ahjussi), I'm bummed. I'm tempted to watch 21 and 22 unsubbed but I know I'll just end up confused as heck, as I think this is one of those dramas that I just can't watch with my limited understanding of the Korean language. Sighs...

Favorite character so far is Gong Joo. I have sisters so I feel the sistah and her protective streak. ;-) And I hope and pray Da Mo is headed for some major heartbreak. I need me some angst. :)

Guest dramaok

Am i remembering this right.... Sa Ran slapped Da Mo before, right?

Before the fight at the river in ep. 22.

Do you remember when and maybe which episode?

And also did Da Mo slap her back?

I hear they're going to release another ost track for this drama,

this time the singer is "Rumble Fish" Choi Jini (최진이).

The track is titled 사랑은 잔인하게 쓰여진다 [Love is written mercilessly].

It's gonna be Damo and Saran's theme. so it's gonna be sooooo sad.

201104080010810.jpg

Anyone know when it comes out?

She has a great voice.

A sample of her in another song.

okay, I am embarrassed to admit this, I stayed up all night to watch episode 21 and 22. I was stalking the sites, until it was posted. This is why I prefer completed dramas, NTOG is messing up with my schedule :D.

Okay about the drama, I love when Damo and Sa Ran are fighting, that is when they are both at their best acting wise. There were scenes in episode 21 and 22, that almost made me cry, the butterfly clip scene, and the scene by the Han River. Damo is so stupid, why is he basing his decisions on others expectations of him, rather than his heart. He is repeating the same mistake Sa Ran's father made, by choosing to marry a woman he was unhappy with for 30 years.

Sa Ran's adopted father is a colossal disappointment. When he took the signing money, I literally snorted in disgust, cause I am sure there are parents like that in the real world.

Sa Ran's final dance, and the flash backs. Aigoo, so emotional.

BTW was the head Gisaeng aka "Mother" also in Hwang Jini the TV drama, as the evil rival Gisaeng house madam.

Guest m-addict

*quoted image*

She has a great voice.

A sample of her in another song. http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Oh noooooooo.......I don't think my heart can handle sad endings.  I am thinking whether I should abandon this drama now before I invest too much time, emotion, and energy only to have a sad ending.

Currently this is my favorite drama. The reason why escapes me. So far there is no violence, no gore, no thugs to repay, no evil mother-in-laws, no drunken men; in other words, no depressing actions. However, the underlying mood of Da Mo's clouded thinking pulls me back every weekend. If he has an inheritance from his grandfather, why doesn't he just marry Sa Ran? In Korea today some brave lovers marry without their parents approval, although it can be difficult.

Guest rayevang

dramaok, the song is out~

you can go to jenpoo.com to check it out

*ooh. the song is......sad T.T

*quoted image*

She has a great voice.

A sample of her in another song.

they just have to make it more cruel with such sad tune~

the song here for dl

http://www.mediafire.com/?lh5kgpztnceh3db

for those who wants to see it, short clip from their recent press conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ-W4bpSFVk&feature=feedu

enjoy it!

ps : it's been a looong time since I saw SR and DM getting along well~ :D

^thanks for the link! i love sung hoon's comment that from his pov the drama doesn't appear to be a mak-jang drama. lol dude that's cuz damo's the only character in this drama w/o a birth secret!!! lol all the other kids are feeling lost over their heritage and all the other adults are running around trying to obtain guardianship over their misplaced kids. i guess damo has his own issues, what w/ his parents's previous suspicion that he was gay and their current attempts to marry him off. anyways, excited for ep 23 and wishing it was sat night in korea already!!!

Guest kirana86

okay, I am embarrassed to admit this, I stayed up all night to watch episode 21 and 22. I was stalking the sites, until it was posted. This is why I prefer completed dramas, NTOG is messing up with my schedule :D.

Okay about the drama, I love when Damo and Sa Ran are fighting, that is when they are both at their best acting wise. There were scenes in episode 21 and 22, that almost made me cry, the butterfly clip scene, and the scene by the Han River. Damo is so stupid, why is he basing his decisions on others expectations of him, rather than his heart. He is repeating the same mistake Sa Ran's father made, by choosing to marry a woman he was unhappy with for 30 years.

Sa Ran's adopted father is a colossal disappointment. When he took the signing money, I literally snorted in disgust, cause I am sure there are parents like that in the real world.

Sa Ran's final dance, and the flash backs. Aigoo, so emotional.

BTW was the head Gisaeng aka "Mother" also in Hwang Jini the TV drama, as the evil rival Gisaeng house madam.

yes, then mother also in Hwang Jini..you almost cry?i had cry for entirely episode 21..=( so many scene that break my heart especially when SR went out from the house and Gong Ju bite her hand..hope to continue the next episode tonight after finish my writing=)

Guest Q_Park

I don't know if I should post this here but since Sung-hoon is the male lead of the drama. I know a lot of viewers lately have been upset at Da-mo's character but let's take a moment to enjoy these pictures. There really isn't enough pictures of him. I actually think he looks a lot more handsome here than he does in the drama. 

Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's episode! 

2emizv9.jpg

2itouo8.jpg

euo7wh.jpg

2vcyn37.jpg

r9pu1k.jpg

wh1fnn.jpg

2mozdp1.jpg

rw3mnn.jpg

6e0z0g.jpg

2e2jp80.jpg

2388bd.jpg

Goofy Da-mo?

260flmp.jpg

- Kyu

I don't know if I should post this here but since Sung-hoon is the male lead of the drama. I know a lot of viewers lately have been upset at Da-mo's character but let's take a moment to enjoy these pictures. There really isn't enough pictures of him. I actually think he looks a lot more handsome here than he does in the drama. 

Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's episode! 

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Goofy Da-mo?

*quoted image*

- Kyu

With tears in my eyes... i thank you for digging up these amazing pictures......................................

So he was a model before being an actor then???

Oh my god! The best episode so far...

I know i keep saying it ever time... but they hugged twice and had a conversation.....

someone plz... take me out of my misery and plz give me a quick notes version.

Guest avonmarissa

What an exciting episode.I tuned in when the episode had started but I sure saw a lot. These can be considered as spoilers so don't read if you don't want to know. My Korean is limited so please pardon any errors.

Anyway, Damo gives Saran a message to meet her, but it seems she ponders over it for so long before deciding to go. She arrives at the cafe and doesn't see him until she exits and finds him outside. They walk and talk. He holds her hand but she tries to pry her hand away from him. He proposes marriage and I believe she refuses because he then proceeds to a jewelry store to buy a ring. He drives back to the Gisaeng House and tries to put the ring on her but she refuses. She asks to continue the conversation inside since they had been standing outside. Inside they talk some more.(my Korean still sucks so I will leave the conversation translation to the veterans)They hug, Saran initiates the hug, and it still seems Saran is not going to accept. Damo gets up, grabs the hair band on Saran's hair, breaks it and throws it on the floor. He then leaves. He tells his parent about going away for sometime(I think 1 month).

According to the preview, it seems he seeks temporary employment at Buyonggak, the Gisaeng House, and he moves in.

In other news, Geum Eo San wants to marry Soondeok which his mother naturally opposes.

hi,

yes she did, the hotel scene at end of ep5 (last 10min)

and no he didn't

Archived