[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

Written previews are posted on the official website!

Episode 3

고기 냄새를 맡고 들어온 안드래를 보자 다모는 얄미움에 안드래에게 나가라고 한다. 수라가 안드래의 생일잔치를 해준다는 말에 다모는 질린 표정을 하고.. 라리는 그저 그냥 하루 고기나 연어 하루 특별식을 해주는것 뿐이라고 하는데..

Episode 4

도화를 만나러간 사란은 춤을 배운 사람 아닌사람 반반 이라는 도화의 말에 자신의 춤이 특별히 나을것이 없다고 한다. 사란과 함께온 라라는 사란말고 같이 온 친구들중에서 하면 안되냐고 묻지만 도화는 온화한 표정으로 안되겠다고 딱 잘라 말하는데...

There's just something about this drama that charms me... ^_^

Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zealioner did a brief recap of episodes 1-2. It's mostly focused on Da Mo & Sa Ran scenes.

http://justdramas.wordpress.com/2011/01/29/new-gisaeng-tales-episode-1-2/

Zealioner hasn't decided whether or not to continue recapping. The decision to do so will be based on her impressions of eps 3-4.

according to zealioner, the lead guy's name, Ah Da Mo is based off of Salvatore Adamo, an Italian balladeer. and Sa Ran asked him during the ski group date whether or not he can sing one of Salvatore's songs, Tombé la Neige.

but i am interested in the drinking game that the group played at the ski resort. what questions were asked? does anyone know? i know one was about beauty..?

Written previews are posted on the official website!

Episode 3

고기 냄새를 맡고 들어온 안드래를 보자 다모는 얄미움에 안드래에게 나가라고 한다. 수라가 안드래의 생일잔치를 해준다는 말에 다모는 질린 표정을 하고.. 라리는 그저 그냥 하루 고기나 연어 하루 특별식을 해주는것 뿐이라고 하는데..

Episode 4

도화를 만나러간 사란은 춤을 배운 사람 아닌사람 반반 이라는 도화의 말에 자신의 춤이 특별히 나을것이 없다고 한다. 사란과 함께온 라라는 사란말고 같이 온 친구들중에서 하면 안되냐고 묻지만 도화는 온화한 표정으로 안되겠다고 딱 잘라 말하는데...

There's just something about this drama that charms me...  ^_^

Can't wait for tomorrow!

A translation to the best of my ability, feel free to correct any mistakes!

Episode 3:

Andre smells meat and walks in when Da-mo tells him to get out. Hearing Soo-ra say that he is going to make Andre a special dinner for his birthday, Da-mo wears a defeated expression. Ra-ri says that she's just going to feed him mean or salmon once a day for a special meal...

Is episode 3 going to be an Andre special? Some preview...lol

Episode 4:

Sa-ran goes to meet Do-hwa who tells her that half of her is someone who has learned dance and the other half isn't, furthermore, Do-hwa tells Sa-ran that her dance has nothing special. Ra-ra, who followed Sa-ran, asks Do-hwa if their other friends could give it a shot but Do-hwa puts on a poised expression and cuts her off by saying no...

C51236: Thank you for the link to the recaps for 1-2! The drinking game the gang was playing was where they each call out a characteristic or trait and whoever fits that has to bring one of their fingers down. The one with no fingers left has to drink. For example, one of the girls said for all the guys to put one of their fingers down and they all did. At the end when Da-mo had his pinky up, Sa-ran said, "Ah Da-mo put your finger down," and he had to drink. On their next turn, Jin-am said, "The person who made Da-mo drink put your finger down," and Sa-ran had to drink.

Guest dramaok

lol an episode on the pet dog's birthday feast? haha only Im can pull off such ludicrous plot.

thx for the previews.

yeah, ah-da-mo is a funny sounding name even w/out knowing the meaning, but this is another Im trademark. her characters have funny names. damo's parents names are funny too. dad, 아수라 (ah-soo-ra) is a Buddhist demon. mom, 차라리 (cha-ra-ri) means (i'd) rather.

another thing she loves to do is doing character fantasy sequences. so we should expect lots of scenes where the characters have daydreams/fantasies.

Actor Sung Hoon Makes Headlines for his abs...

ahdamo1.jpg

ahdam2.jpg

10000007752.jpg

Source: 1, 2, 3

the scene is from this Saturday's upcoming episode..

thanks Q_Park for explaining the game.

yeah dramaok: Da Mo already had that daydream about getting Sa Ran's number :) i wonder how many scenes Da Mo and Sa Ran will have in this week's episodes though.

Guest dramaok

OMG my dorky goofy kyle is back. ><

*dies*

they dropped another bomb today.

Dan Saran's deceased mother is not her birth mother.

Dan Saran doesn't know this it seems.

this drama is full of not really real moms.

A little disappointed in today's episode...there really wasn't anything going on...

I suspected that

Sa-ran's deceased mother wasn't her real mother because in episode 1, they showed Sa-ran and Soon-duk at the train station, standing on opposite sides of the platform but they didn't notice each other because the trains came. 

I guess since Ra-ra is actually Hyo-ri's daughter, Sa-ran is somehow part of the Geum family. Maybe she's Soon-duk's daughter or Joo-hee's? crazy.gif 

Lots of filler things today...maybe all weekend dramas are like that. This is my first weekend drama in a long time, hopefully it won't disappoint. 

- Kyu

Guest dramaok

A little disappointed in today's episode...there really wasn't anything going on...

I suspected that

Sa-ran's deceased mother wasn't her real mother because in episode 1, they showed Sa-ran and Soon-duk at the train station, standing on opposite sides of the platform but they didn't notice each other because the trains came. 

I guess since Ra-ra is actually Hyo-ri's daughter, Sa-ran is somehow part of the Geum family. Maybe she's Soon-duk's daughter or Joo-hee's? *quoted image* 

Lots of filler things today...maybe all weekend dramas are like that. This is my first weekend drama in a long time, hopefully it won't disappoint. 

- Kyu

well i kind of like the fillers. yeah wkend dramas are like that. i guess it's gotta please all the demographics.

but i like the old ppl in here doing reckless funny things. i guess i like cheap humor. >< but the grandpa playing games was so funny.

i think you are right about the spoiler.

i also think..

Saran is Soondeok's daughter, but SD mistakingly thinks Rara is her daughter. so this means, she probably thought Saran would've been raised by the Geum family, which means she was probably Dr. Geum (Rara dad)s first love. and she probably had the baby and gave it to Dr. Geum's wife, Joohee, but Joohee (being the cunning two-faced fox she really is) gave the baby away. And then since she's infertile or something she went and got the baby from Hyori to raise as her own.

the grandpa kept saying how Saran looks just like the wife, Hong-Ah, when she was young. so it makes sense Saran would be Eo-San's daughter.

right? maybe not but it's kinda funny there's so many secrets already.

Guest SakeDon

so many mothers )))

agree, think Saran is Soondeok's daughter, Ra ra is Hyo Ri's.

i watched Paradise Ranch and saw Im Soo Hyang playing the younger sister of Da Ji, she looked so young like true schoolgirl! and there she's so living & more emotional than in NTOG.

P.S. Does anyone know what the song is playing at the end of each episode?

Semi-fly: Perhaps she could tell that Sa Ran wasn't giving it her all? It's hard to say considering the episode hasn't aired yet.. previews are sometimes misleading and confusing... the preview for episode 3 was straight from a scene!! that preview was weird... deciding what to feed Andre??

It wasn't Sa Ran's idea to contact the head gisaeng, Do Hwa, in the first place. SR was sort of pressured into doing so by her friends (spearheaded by Ra Ra).. SR didn't even use her real name. She told Do Hwa that her name was Jin Joo Ah which is Jin Ye Sol's character's name.

tmrw's episode looks interesting from the previews.. especially since Sun Duk saw Ra Ra at the gisaeng house at the end of ep3.

scenes for ep4

SR and Da Mo are walking & talking and SR's step-mother sees them together.. in another scene, SR and Ra Ra watch as DM is horseback riding..

Archived