Dry skin..?

_siku_

Guest AAgurl789

Try Cetaphil cream. It's the only thing that works in saving my dry skin in this crazy Canadian winter.

that's what I usu use too since oil of olay stings my skin in the winter. cetaphil is a charm..although in the summer it can be a bit oily..but for the winter it's the only thing I use. =)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's dehydrated, not dry. Try Hyaluronic Acid?

+1

hyaluronic acid really plumps up the skin and helps the skin retain moisture.

it's better to get a concentrated version (like a serum) and apply before moisturizer

there are many different products in the market that have hyaluronic acid, a lot of them overpriced.

but if you look on ebay there are a lot of hyaluronic acid serums that are concentrated and not watered down.

I feel your pain! I have dehydrated skin - combination.

Guest electricwingsx

hmmm i had dry eyelids over the summer and i had some diprobase cream prescribed and that worked at times so maybe you should that if you can get it over in toronto. Try putting slices of fresh cucumber on your eyelids as that pretty much did the trick for me when my eyelids were dryy!! :)

Guest x.3christine

i had dry eyelids before too!

mine's was actually so bad that the crease part actually "cracked"

like it looked like i got a cut there.

i went to the doctor and they prescribed me this eye ointment and it worked.

oh yea, maybe you'll want to switch your eye cream if your eyelid is still like that

i agree with the others. use cetaphil.

Guest Veeneee

use some vaseline or gel-like moisterizers.. the cream ones dry up for me so fast too!! as for the heat.. make sure to not turn it up so high. and drink lots of WATER..

ex-foliating and doing some masks can help your skin :)

dont worry, you're not alone.. that happened to my left cheek about a month ago..

Guest alicia0344

I know what you mean I had that too really bad in the winter last year. I know this might sound weird but it works better for me to get rid of the dry dead skin than moisturizing and trying to repair the dry skin. I go in the shower and let my face get wet for a long time and eventually if I just rub it thoroughly to get the skin off the area with the dead skin and I end up with new soft skin when I get out of the shower. After wards though I have to put Vaseline on but this way works pretty good.

Home remedies way : 1 egg yolk, beat it, and just lay it on your face for couple minutes till it dries, then rinse with water.

It may disgusts some of you, but trust me, it works :))

• 3 years later...
Guest mylinh1995

Try using Dr.Jart's Cream, it has done wonders for me! It doesn't really give an oily residue, so it won't make your skin further as oily. Here is my review on it. http://serenity-days.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/review-drjart-ceramidin-cream.html
I think the change in weather is the main cause of your skin changes here. I think just trying to accommodate for the dryness through using creams and masks should do the trick.

Guest Cobalt.Butterfly

Holy crap, I've been getting the same thing! Well, for me it's been more along most of my face, especially in the cheek and jaw area. I live in Toronto as well, so as you know, this winter has been REALLY brutal. Honestly, what worked for me was drinking a lot more water, moisturizing twice a day, and using cold water on my face. Here's what I use on my face, if you're interested:
Cetaphil cleanserSephora intensive instant moisturizer
I cannot stress how much drinking water will make your skin better. I cut all soda out of my diet and started drinking water, and my dry skin was gone in 1 week, max. I started seeing results 2-3 days after changing my diet.

Guest radenayu

I use this cream from The Body Shop, it really works!
the+body+shop+vitamin+e+cream+review+ima

Full review here >> http://imaginarymi.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-body-shop-vitamin-e-intense.html

• 1 month later...
Guest OnyxiaE

Did U try OCM method (oil cleansing method) - U clean your face with different types of oils. It helps your skin to get moisturised.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest carissabrown

For recovering your dry skin, there are many natural methods that can help you out. Use, milk cream and rub your face with it, use aloe vera, curd etc which make your skin normal as well as provide some glow.

Archived