★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest comforcloud

I'm fed up with people saying yb cant hit the high notes, cant imagine him sing all parts of bb songs. that is because producers produce their songs to fit in 5 different voices, of course he cant sing ds's part. without one or two members, a few changes to a song is just a piece of cake. and singing is not about how high your pitch can go, how great your technique is, it is about communication between singer and audience.

I like bigbang because they are very indepedent , I like the fact that they r not like cant live without each other. they still can be strong on their own as individuals, and strong as a group even without 1 or 2 members.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michala01

^

It looks like it will be a several part series. Very excited.

And I'm sorry if ppl felt the point of my question was so ppl could say that 'so/so isn't necessary" but more to revisit why each member is very necessary. The article said that they could see BB w/o YB but that it would be a very different BB. And that YB bring a "sincerity" to it. I'm not sure how much I agree with those statements but whatever.

I agree that YB does bring in a sincerity to the whole group, he's a very honest person and you don't get that much in the idol world. And he seems like someone very approachable, which by all accounts he is. In terms of music, obviously the R&B and soul feel to the music (adored him and TOP in AGM, and him in a Fool's Tears)  

GD has an opposite feel to YB for me, he gives that "superstar" quality and you can tell he was born for this. He's the brains behind the whole operation that is BB and you can tell how much he cares for the group and members. In terms of music, well GD brings so much I can't put it in words.

On stage TOP is charismatic but to me he's the heart of the group. You can tell how much TOP loves being in BB and wants to keep being a part of it. And he's really close to all the members in equal amounts. I can't wait for him to release his solo album just cause I want to know more about who he is and get inside his head. In terms of music, he brings in the hip hop and some soul too. His music is a little darker and harder than GD's which I appreciate too.

Dae is awesomesauce. He gives an approachable feel too and something fun and light to BB. And his vocals are to die for. Anyone who says Dae isn't necessary is fooling themselves. In terms of music, he brings in the ballad singer vocals which allows you can experiment with cause they're so expansive.

Seungri is so improved this past year that I'm still in awe. Baby doesn't rest where he's at but always striving to be better. And then there's that confidence that is overflowing. In terms of music, he brings in the pop vocals and he's improved so much. Anyone who says he isn't important hasn't been watching BB lately.

Without the maknaes, BB would have been too hip hop and would have been missing out on key vocals. Just their general appearance would have been very hip hop too. The maknaes, esp Seungri, give them that pop feel. And Dae gives them the ballad feel. So you have the pop (Seungri), R&B (YB), hip hop (TOP), ballad (Dae) and the mastermind behind it all (GD) and this is why BB is the top group. They have something for everyone.

I agree with everything you said. like 110%

I can't imagine Big Bang without one of them! It just wouldn't be the same sad.gif But luckily we VIPs don't have to deal with that unfortunate scenario because the boys all obviously appreciate each other a lot and that's why they'r still 5 biggrin.gif 

HARU DRAMA ON 24TH? YESSSSSS w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif I have something to look forward to then 

^

It looks like it will be a several part series. Very excited.

And I'm sorry if ppl felt the point of my question was so ppl could say that 'so/so isn't necessary" but more to revisit why each member is very necessary. The article said that they could see BB w/o YB but that it would be a very different BB. And that YB bring a "sincerity" to it. I'm not sure how much I agree with those statements but whatever.

I agree that YB does bring in a sincerity to the whole group, he's a very honest person and you don't get that much in the idol world. And he seems like someone very approachable, which by all accounts he is. In terms of music, obviously the R&B and soul feel to the music (adored him and TOP in AGM, and him in a Fool's Tears)

GD has an opposite feel to YB for me, he gives that "superstar" quality and you can tell he was born for this. He's the brains behind the whole operation that is BB and you can tell how much he cares for the group and members. In terms of music, well GD brings so much I can't put it in words.

On stage TOP is charismatic but to me he's the heart of the group. You can tell how much TOP loves being in BB and wants to keep being a part of it. And he's really close to all the members in equal amounts. I can't wait for him to release his solo album just cause I want to know more about who he is and get inside his head. In terms of music, he brings in the hip hop and some soul too. His music is a little darker and harder than GD's which I appreciate too.

Dae is awesomesauce. He gives an approachable feel too and something fun and light to BB. And his vocals are to die for. Anyone who says Dae isn't necessary is fooling themselves. In terms of music, he brings in the ballad singer vocals which allows you can experiment with cause they're so expansive.

Seungri is so improved this past year that I'm still in awe. Baby doesn't rest where he's at but always striving to be better. And then there's that confidence that is overflowing. In terms of music, he brings in the pop vocals and he's improved so much. Anyone who says he isn't important hasn't been watching BB lately.

Without the maknaes, BB would have been too hip hop and would have been missing out on key vocals. Just their general appearance would have been very hip hop too. The maknaes, esp Seungri, give them that pop feel. And Dae gives them the ballad feel. So you have the pop (Seungri), R&B (YB), hip hop (TOP), ballad (Dae) and the mastermind behind it all (GD) and this is why BB is the top group. They have something for everyone.

thank you for this. i agree with you. Big Bang is great when they pursue their solo activities but they are stronger when they are promoting together. they all have strong personalities and individualites that they are able to show during their own activities but when they are together, awesomeness explode every time, every performance!!! each member brings something to the table. Big Bang won't be Big Bang if you take out any member. Period.

That GTOP picture is adorable!!!

Very excited this week for Haru Drama and YB's concert!

I'm fed up with people saying yb cant hit the high notes, cant imagine him sing all parts of bb songs. that is because producers produce their songs to fit in 5 different voices, of course he cant sing ds's part. without one or two members, a few changes to a song is just a piece of cake. and singing is not about how high your pitch can go, how great your technique is, it is about communication between singer and audience.

No one said anything offensive about Taeyang's singing abilities, only that he wouldn't be able to sing absolutely every vocal part in every BB song... so chill - the comment probably meant more along the lines of the harmonization of the 3 voices sounds better than just TY singing everything, rather than dissing TY's vocal abilities.

many might hate me on this but i if i had to say the ones who give a big contribution to be recognized as ‘artists’ are the hyungs

--- snip

but i have to say i can imagine BIGBANG without seung ri or maybe without daesung ,, but not wihtout TOP, gd and TAEYANG .. THese 3 are always improving , doing things with the eyes closed

-- snip

And this is the reason why I'm sometimes really disappointed in YG, because they create fans like this (I'm not trying to attack you propera898 - I apologize if I come off as hostile). They create fans who only care about the hyungs of BB because the hyungs are more "artsy" or "better" than the maknaes or some other crap like that. BB has 2 insanely talented maknaes, but YG never bothers to break their funny man / cute maknae image. He doesn't even try to expose the 2 maknae's talents, instead he lets Dae sing songs like "Look at me Gwisoon". I understand Dae was the one who wanted to sing it, but you know, if your kid wants to get a tattoo on his face - you stop him.

Sometimes I feel like YG is just using the 2 maknaes to make Big Bang more appealing and famous to the casual fans, while letting the hyungs take all the credit. I felt that way when GD and TY got their solo albums, while the others have barely even gotten a proper song. Instead of letting the maknaes have solos to boost their artistic integrity, YG pushes the already more artistically recognized members to have solos - further estranging the maknaes from fans who like BB for their music.

I don't really know where I'm going with this rant, but I just feel so frustrated when "fans" say that the maknaes aren't useful / needed in Big Bang. And especially when a big reason why Big Bang has 30 - 40+ year old fans is probably because of the maknaes.

Guest Michala01

Sometimes I feel like YG is just using the 2 maknaes to make Big Bang more appealing and famous to the casual fans, while letting the hyungs take all the credit. 

wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

Whether you like it or not GD and TOP are popular because of their own merit not because they TAKE credit from anyone else. 

They get credit where credit is DUE TO THEM. 

wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

Whether you like it or not GD and TOP are popular because of their own merit not because they TAKE credit from anyone else. 

They get credit where credit is DUE TO THEM. 

And this is where you misunderstood my paragraph. Never have I once said TOP / GD couldn't be popular by themselves (actually I didn't even mention TOP once, so I don't know where that came from). But you certainly have to admit that DaeRi going on a lot of variety appearances definitely helped promote Big Bang to the more casual / variety fans.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Guest Michala01

And this is where you misunderstood my paragraph. Never have I once said TOP / GD couldn't be popular by themselves (actually I didn't even mention TOP once, so I don't know where that came from). But you certainly have to admit that DaeRi going on a lot of variety appearances definitely helped promote Big Bang to the more casual / variety fans.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Of course, each member has attracted fans in their own way. Your argument could be reversed and I could say Dae and Ri get the advantage of all the fans GD brings to the fandom. 

I just have to get this off my chest too. I don't see why YG should have given Dae and Ri solo albums before YB and GD, both of whom have been with the company since they were kids and have been working towards it for half their lives. YB is not my bias but I wholeheartedly believe it was his turn to release a solo album. 

I have to admit that the hyungs are definitely more popular and more lucrative in efforts (solos, compositions etc.) in terms of music. In terms of TV shows, however, there is no denying that the MAKNAES can eat the hyungs alive in solo appearances in variety shows. Man, Dae and RiRi are very funny to watch, and they both have the charisma for TV.

SO TO CONCLUDE, BIG BANG is definitely the only idol group of SOLOISTS in South Korea, and I gotta say I am proud of that. They have individual colors, and they sure are the only ones who have plenty of solo works in their resume. No one can even beat them at that.

I mean, they 2 successful soloists (GD and YB) with sold-out concerts, THREE Number 1 songs (Look only at me, Heartbreaker, I Need a Girl) and 350,000+ albums sold combined?

They have a break-out TV and movie actor(TOP) who starred in a HALLYU worthy and award-winning series (Iris), even if his part was only couple of minutes in total, it was memorable. He also starred in a box office hit with more than 3million movie tickets sold!

On top of that, they have a certified original variety idol (Daesung) who monopolized the idol variety appearance in 2008 - 2010 with ground-breaking ratings of 25+% for family outing, and officially gained popularity together with the top MC Jaesuk, top singer Hyori and top balladeer Jongkook. Soon he will definitely break out as an actor with the drama What's Up.

Lastly, but definitely not the least, they have an original musical idol (Seungri) who led two sold-out and very succesful musical, Sonagi and Shouting. Not only that, he is breaking out as a variety idol with Seize the day, and I'm pretty sure that he will soon gain popularity for this. Seungri's not even a joke as he successfully pocketed six mutizen awards for Strong Baby! Not to shabby for the maknae.

Again, in conclusion, I wrote all their achievements so as to emphasize that no one is better than who, because in Big Bang, they all have their thing! And together, they break records, not only because of GDYBTOP, but because they are all APPRECIATED together in South Korea. They have the group magic in South Korea to earn 4 hit songs as a group (Lie, Last Farewell, Day by Day, Sunset Glow), get high-profile deals of about 18 endorsements since their debut (6, being current endorsements: Lotte, LG, Fila, BSX, Eversense, Seoul Tourism),produce bestselling 3 singles, 3 mini-albums, and 2 full albums, which together have sold about a 1 million + copies already. THAT IS NOT EVEN A JOKE! BUT they also have the solo magic to have a music producer, a solo performer, a tv and movie actor, a variety actor, and a musical actor.

Guest LovingDae

yeah ... sometimes i am frustrated too

i mean ... Dae doesnt even have an MV . like what?

dont get me wrong , i definitely LOVE all the 5 bigbang members

@comforcloud : yes the hyungs stand out and they could be strong no doubt but definitely not as strong as the bigbang now! Everyone in Bigbang is IMPORTANT .Everyone of them contribute to the group thats why they can come out with different genes of music which make them the top group. i cant help but angry the so-called VIPs. I am really sorry if i offended you guys because i am alr depressed with the hiatus of bigbang and now this matter comes out.

@Kushi: i and couldnt agree with you more. Dae's family outing definitely exposes bigbang to more ppl from different ages and seungri's good in variety program. Sometimes i just feel like YG dont bother the two maknaes but only send them for variety to boost the popularity of bigbang and they barely recognise for their talent. Its true cause i always check out the comments on youtube and its mostly bout the three hyungs. Only after japanese single came out the two maknaes are slightly more praised for their vocals. :tears:

Guest juang_bb

i think i understand where Kushi is coming from, but in all fairness to YG, i do believe that he does plans to give Seungri and Dae their well deserved turn for a solo album when the right time comes. Dae is already working on his now, so im pretty sure he'll be able to show is "artistic" side aside from his trot and gag image. Seungri had his turn in Strong Baby, he's the youngest and he's still improving so i guess now isn't the right time for it yet. he might not be ready for it too, when he is, i think YG won't hesitate to give it to him.

and please, the "who had more fans" argument has brought some heated argument before so let's not just bring it up again. we have our own biases but please, let's not start counting again. like we said, all 5 are so different individually, they pretty much cater to different people and that's what makes BB more appealing to a wider audience.

and let's just understand that if we look at it from the maknaes side, i can see why there'd be some frustration from fans. i think some are just frustrated by the fact that DaeRi doesn't really get much opportunity to showcase their musical artistry and people usually neglecting them as if they have no musical contribution to the team. but at the same time, maybe they're not ready? or maybe they're just more comfortable doing variety now while they hone their musical talent. but it doesn't mean that they're discrediting and questioning what GDYBTOP have done so far. if i understand correctly, the concern is being directed more to YG and in now way intends to take anything away from GDYBTOP.

Guest Michala01

yeah ... sometimes i am frustrated too

i mean ... Dae doesnt even have an MV . like what?

dont get me wrong , i definitely LOVE all the 5 bigbang members

@comforcloud : yes the hyungs stand out and they could be strong no doubt but definitely not as strong as the bigbang now! Everyone in Bigbang is IMPORTANT .Everyone of them contribute to the group thats why they can come out with different genes of music which make them the top group. i cant help but angry the so-called VIPs. I am really sorry if i offended you guys because i am alr depressed with the hiatus of bigbang and now this matter comes out.

@Kushi: i  and couldnt agree with you more. Dae's family outing definitely exposes bigbang to more ppl from different ages and seungri's good in variety program. Sometimes i just feel like YG dont bother the two maknaes but only send them for variety to boost the popularity of bigbang and they barely recognise for their talent. Its true cause i always check out the comments on youtube and its mostly bout the three hyungs. Only after japanese single came out the two maknaes are slightly more praised for their vocals.  :tears:

Popularity can't be forced after a certain extent. I ADORE Seungri and Daesung but they are not as enigmatic and charismatic in the way that TOP and GD are for example. When I say stuff like that people get riled up as though I've said something horrible about the two maknaes but I really haven't. It's just a fact. Look at Japan for example, TOP and GD hardly talk and don't speak Japanese but are still the most popular. They just have something about them that attracts people like that. It's not an insult to the others for me to say that because all I'm stating is what is happening and how the public react to them. Not everyone loves them of course, Seungri, Daesung and YB have their share of fans, a lot of them. But to say that it's YG's fault that the others aren't as popular is pushing it. 

I know I will get thumbed down for this but I honestly don't care. I'm just stating the truth and if that bothers people then so be it. I'm sick of defending the hyungs on this issue. It's not their fault people like them 

Guest toozdae08

@Kushi

I don't get your argument. The maknaes have had plenty of solo opportunities. Seungri has done 2 musicals and that 19 drama with TOP, plus variety and is now hosting. He got several solo singles, even promoted one like Strong Baby. Dae has done 1 musical (was suppose to do another but missed it because of his accident), a long variety show, promoted a trot single, is now acting in a drama and is working on his own solo album. In comparison YB has had 1 mini album and now just did a full solo album, GD has had only one solo album. TOP has done a lot of acting but hasn't really promoted a single, but he is coming out with a solo album soon.

So the maknaes have been involved with a variety of activities and I don't see the validity of your argument that YG is neglecting them. YGE has said that he'll let them do what they want as long as they know that BB comes 1st.

what the hell are all of u talking about? To be honest, I'm SICK of this stupid topic: BB can be without someone and can't be without someone. I'm feeling crazy now. If u don't like BB with 5, please come to see others group. Never ever say those stupid things at thread of 5 anymore. Crazy!

Without Dae & Ri, all are OK? Seem likes u never ever really listen to BB' song. all u do only SEE, and ofcouse, u get GD, TOP, TAE.

Ah. I don't no what to do with those fans like u.

Guest intelligirl

So I just want to know... seriously who is competing? Because people seem so divided, idgi. Do you guys think the boys are competing with one another for fans? Because that's just ridiculous. As VIPs we may have our own biases. Some members enjoy a wider fanbase, but collectively don't we support all of their efforts as a group and as five individuals? At least I would hope so. For me, Seungri may be my favorite. He may not receive as much support from fans as all the other boys, but whatever that does not keep me from loving him >__< in addition to supporting all the other members of Big Bang.

Guest iheartgd4ever

So I just want to know... seriously who is competing? Because people seem so divided, idgi. Do you guys think the boys are competing with one another for fans? Because that's just ridiculous. As VIPs we may have our own biases. Some members enjoy a wider fanbase, but collectively don't we support all of their efforts as a group and as five individuals? At least I would hope so. For me, Seungri may be my favorite. He may not receive as much support from fans as all the other boys, but whatever that does not keep me from loving him >__< in addition to supporting all the other members of Big Bang.

I don't think the argument is about who has more fans etc. Some people have made statements in the sense that certain members deserve more credit or certain members should have had solo albums before others. It's the same argument over and over again in this fandom. 

I agree with you, we should support all 5 in whatever they do. I most definitely do. Whenever one of them has released an album or a single I have made sure that I buy it and support them as much as I can, not out of any obligation, but because I love them all. 

Someone said to me the other day on another forum that the VIP fandom is the most divided fandom they've seen. It really hurt me to hear that and then to see people agreeing. We need to be more united. Even though we may not agree on everything we should be able to agree on Big Bang's continuing success being our main aim and providing them with all the support we can. 

edit:

woops I topped the page with nothing to share! 

I think we need some happy gifs in this thread, it's getting too depressing

211mmi0.jpg

qqqst0.jpg

10frmh3.jpg

Guest intelligirl

^ I do think we are very divided and maybe it's because every member is mad talented and we'd like to see them all get their chance to shine. It's all a matter of time though and we should know by now that with YG we have to be veeeeery patient. :lol:

Anyways I hope we can drop the argument since it's a sensitive topic for many.

V I would agree with you except for the fact that a whole page and a half was spent arguing and classifying the maknaes and the hyungs into different categories. As well as stating the idea that GTOP stand apart from the rest all on their own. I don't sense animosity between us, but I do see a bit of a rupture in opinions, which ia is fine as long as we are sensitive to others.

Guest juang_bb

i guess it's just easier for people outside the fandom to judge VIPs as being divided because of such discussions that pop up but at the same time, they wouldn't understand because honestly, how can they when their idols have not had the opportunity to do solo activities as extensive as Big Bang members have had and be gone for 2 years. i think such topic has been brought about before, and i still stand by what i thought then, VIPs here just seem to be so passionate about Big Bang and we all have strong opinions on certain matters and some would not hesitate to voice it out. we just all have to keep in mind that we need to pick our words, especially when you know not everyone's gonna agree to it, we need to be sensitive too about others' feelings. the boys are all so different, so what more the fans right?!? we may not always agree on certain issues, but that doesn't mean we're divided (i mean, there's really no sides to pick because BB is still ONE)i think nobody really has a major problem when it comes to supporting Big Bang as a whole coz obviously if you do then you're not really a vip.

@intelligirl you have a point too, maybe im just in defensive mode when other fandoms' judgment comes in regarding VIPs, coz reading back the discussion, a few opinions still doesn't reflect the whole fandom although it's kinda tiring sometimes when such issues is brought up repeatedly (when we've pretty much already all agreed to disagree before)

okay yeah... we're supposed to drop the topic already. moving on... :)

i'll just answer Daesung's ASKVIP questions.

#1 It's been 4 years already!! How do you feel?

Well, i feel proud because of what Big Bang has achieved so far and yet im excited and looking forward to more things you'll achieve in the future. and never did i regret being a fan of Big Bang.

#2 V.I.P, what is your dream?

Oh seriously, as a VIP, i only have one dream... and that is to see Big Bang in concert. i want to experience and see the epicness myself. so yeah, YG better bring you guys over here in the USA, ASAP! i dont care if its in Alaska even! :lol:

and so i noticed im in the mood today, im posting quite a bit. :sweatingbullets:

oh and speaking of daesung and moving on to a happier mood, i guess i should just share this. I have this cake made for my sister who loves Daesung so much. it's a DAESUNG CAKE :lol:

daesungcake.jpg

Guest shinhdeplol

I think we all should move on...

viewimagexq.jpg

C: 승리갤 음헣헣 // 빅뱅LOVE♡

FILA catalouge

filafw10.jpg

C: TEAMBIGBANG+BOBOGD // 遇见爱丽丝s @ baidu

Australian designer inspired by Big Bang and 2NE1′s fashion

Australia’s Orri Henrisson debuts their first campaign photographed by Matt Jordan. Featuring Ashley McConnell of the indie band Operator Please, the campaign marks a new direction for the label, who was inspired by Big Bang 2NE1′s music video for Lollipop this season. Finding many stylish cues in music and updating sportswear with a contemporary penchant for suiting, details such as pleats dress the latest collection, Bobby, King of Boys Town.

Styling by James Dykes with post production by Lekkur Studio

See the photos here

C: thefashionisto.com // Chrisdaeee @ 21BANGS

Archived