you guys just make my day^^

Never cease to make me smile,

& spazz over bigbang<33

BIGBANG is our uniter!!

they brings us together

in our love for them

like a family.

bigbang hwaiting!!!

what do you guys hope bigbang's comeback concept to be? Honestly, i was thinking about it at first, however; now i absolutely do not care, JUST GIVE ME MY BOYS!! lol.

I'll be happy with anything they give us^^Im really excited & anticipating this, iknow they will exceed our expectations as always<33

edit: for some who doesn't really visit YB's solo thread that often. PEREZ HILTON blogs about our boys yet again...well, at least one of them. YB's IBT at PerezHilton.com http://perezhilton.com/2010-08-20-k-pop-deliciousness-2#comment-5284364

Sorry to cut your post.

I'm glad Perez is exposing Big Bang and Taeyang to America, but his gossip site usually consists of haters and I guess racists, so I don't know how to feel about that.

:lol: BB 1N2D parody is so funny. Daesung so cute shoving potato in his mouth when YB walked out. And TOPGD moment was super sweet. Loved the dancing.

What do I expect from BB comeback concept? Honestly I'm hoping that it will lean towards having a good balance of pop/hiphop/rock. I know that seems like a lot to ask for but GD has a really good feel for all these genres so I'm really excited about the mixture were in for. Style wise. I'm not really sure. They could go with something completely trendy or more laid back (which not a lot of people are doing casual style these days) and I would love both. Knowing GD and YG stylist they will do something that will bring out each members personal style like they have done in past. I just want October/November to get here as soon as possible.

Guest toozdae08

^

Honestly the whole comeback thing still seems unreal to me, I can't believe and my mind is kind of blown. I got into kpop while BB was in Japan and have yet to experience the awesomeness that is BB in Korea. I can't barely imagine them in S.K. and comeback concepts are more than I can think of. Whatever it is it will be awesome and new and innovative because that's BB and they wouldn't be anything else.

Guest nguyenx_x

What do I expect from BB comeback concept? Honestly I'm hoping that it will lean towards having a good balance of pop/hiphop/rock. I know that seems like a lot to ask for but GD has a really good feel for all these genres so I'm really excited about the mixture were in for. Style wise. I'm not really sure. They could go with something completely trendy or more laid back (which not a lot of people are doing casual style these days) and I would love both. Knowing GD and YG stylist they will do something that will bring out each members personal style like they have done in past. I just want October/November to get here as soon as possible.

concept wise, hmm ill be happy with whatever what they give us..SURPRISE MEE(: if i had to pick i would go for the hiphop or sexy concept^^~ also please have good hair!lol. daesung i love you♥, but please no part in the middle :o

& for songs im also looking to be surprised, i think they should have some songs with their old syle, while incorporating in some new style (whatever their concept is) youknow? itll be good anyways.

dont loose the bigbang flair~

Guest heartsburstintofire

THEIR KOREAN COMEBACK BETTER NOT CONTAIN ANY OF THESE THINGS:

Autotune ( they have very good vocals by themselves they don't need autotune like other idol groups)

Eye liner ( they are men and not a visual kei band, any makeup besides concealer is unnecessary)

Tight pants ( no I don't need visual proof that they are really male through their pants)

Screaming out the year ( we know what year it is)

5 seconds of rap ( I would like longer rap parts from both rappers)

Any clothing that contains metallic material ( it's very unflattering)

Techno beat ( it sounds the same in all songs and plagerism issues would come out)

Shirt ripping or ab flashing ( I can't take any group seriously with that)

Effortless lyrics ( if you're gonna make a catchy song, at less have some good lyrics to back it up)

An overused concept ( I would like to see something different from BB and not wait everyone else is doing.

I know I sound mean or rude or whatever and I know that I have no control over them and whatever but if they do 5 out of whatever # of things on this list I can't help but to see them indifferent from any other idol group. Big Bang are muscians right? Well why do I see and hear things that I just listed coming from them? They have the capabilities to be considered muscians but when I watch their music videos from 2009 and later I can't help but to think of them as another idol group. Honestly I'm not impressed by any of their recent stuff (Japanese or not) and I just hope that they would blow me away with a not so generic kpop song.

P.S: I am a very very very very big fan of Big Bang, I just wanna prove the stupid butthead hater at the AKP forums wrong.

P.P.S: sorry for the weird typing and grammar mistakes it is very hard to type from an iPod touch.

Guest Michala01

Autotune ( they have very good vocals by themselves they don't need autotune like other idol groups)

Eye liner ( they are men and not a visual kei band, any makeup besides concealer is unnecessary)

Tight pants ( no I don't need visual proof that they are really male through their pants)

Techno beat ( it sounds the same in all songs and plagerism issues would come out)

Effortless lyrics ( if you're gonna make a catchy song,  at less have some good lyrics to back it up)

An overused concept ( I would like to see something different from BB and not wait everyone else is doing.

I know I sound mean or rude or whatever and I know that I have no control over them and whatever but if they do 5 out of whatever # of things on this list I can't help but to see them indifferent from any other idol group. Big Bang are muscians right? Well why do I see and hear things that I just listed coming from them? They have the capabilities to be considered muscians but when I watch their music videos from 2009 and later I can't help but to think of them as another idol group. Honestly I'm not impressed by any of their recent stuff (Japanese or not) and I just hope that they would blow me away with a not so generic kpop song.

P.S: I am a very very very very big fan of Big Bang, I just wanna prove the stupid butthead hater at the AKP forums wrong.

P.P.S: sorry for the weird typing and grammar mistakes it is very hard to type from an iPod touch.

Wow what a way to generalize. Firstly everyone uses a bit of autotune these days. It's become an almost inherent part of popular music.  So if there is some, who cares? We know the guys can sing live. It's not like they're using it to cover up their weak voices. It would purely be for production values. 

Secondly, what on god's green earth does it matter if they wear tight pants. We are in no position to demand that any of them wear any particular style of clothing. I want them to wear whatever the hell they want. If that means tight pants, then so be it. It's their choice. 

Techno beat? Firstly, go google techno before you start generalizing yet again. 

wacko.gif

I hope as a Big Bang fan you don't judge them on petty things like that. 

for people complaining GD as a producer..

are you a new fan or you never bought their album?

GD has been the producer from the beginning..so why it has become the issue now

on every BB album you can see that GD is one of the producer

producer doesn't mean only him working on the album

there is nothing wrong voicing out your wish but questioning the other member's ability is wrong

how many times the boys have to say that each of them always involve in the production of every album

i'm saying this not trying to change your mind or anything bc i could careless

it's just that i thought that when you say your are a fan of bigbang

you would never trying to bring down or questioning the ability or the other member

so much negativity in this thread since last year

Effortless lyrics ( if you're gonna make a catchy song, at less have some good lyrics to back it up)

^^THIS.

@heartsburstintofire:

I'm glad you have your own personal list of things you think qualify as either good music or music that real musicians do and not idols.

Well let me just say that you don't need to worry about Big Bang. They will do just fine whether you "take them seriously" or not.

I HOPE they have auto tune. I HOPE they wear eye liner. I HOPE they rock tight metallic pants and flash their abs in every MV. I HOPE they scream out 2010 in every song over techno beats. I HOPE they reuse concept & have superfluous lyrics.

why?

Just to prove to YOU that even with all of those things, Big Bang will still BRING IT. They will do it bigger and better than anyone else.

Even with all of that, they will still stand out and stand above all the rest.

Wow what a way to generalize. Firstly everyone uses a bit of autotune these days. It's become an almost inherent part of popular music.  So if there is some, who cares? We know the guys can sing live. It's not like they're using it to cover up their weak voices. It would purely be for production values. 

Secondly, what on god's green earth does it matter if they wear tight pants. We are in no position to demand that any of them wear any particular style of clothing. I want them to wear whatever the hell they want. If that means tight pants, then so be it. It's their choice. 

Techno beat? Firstly, go google techno before you start generalizing yet again. 

wacko.gif

Well I know that alot of people have problems and are tired of autotune. I was kidding with the whole tight pants thing but you can't seem to take a joke. I'm basically saying that groups are starting to look and sound the same in Korea and I don't speak for all VIPs but I'm pretty sure that they want BB to seperate themselves from that.

And eurodance beat or techno or house or whatever Idc it all sounds the same to me.

Guest missARROGANT

[NEWS] Big Bang’s BIG SHOW 2010 DVD reigns with the #1 spot on Hanteo Charts

chartz.png

Korean idol group Big Bang released their BIG SHOW DVD Vol. 5 after holding a succesful concert last January with an attendance of 50,000 people. The DVD consists of 2 discs that wish to relive the excitemenet of the concert for the fans who were not able to attend the concert.

The BIG SHOW 2010 DVD has already taken the #1 spot on both real time charts and daily charts on Hanteo passing BoA and girlgroup Secret.

Big Bang’s DVD took a longer time this time around due to the failure of creating it into a 3D DVD. YG Entertainment said in the past the entire concert had been recorded in 3-D but unfortunately there were issues when trying to make it into a 3-D DVD, thus they had to take twice the usual time.

Big Bang’s BIG SHOW 2010 sales are conquering the charts just as the BIG SHOW 2009 DVD did and many other of their albums and DVDs have done it in the past. Meanwhile, Big Bang is getting ready for their much awaited Korean comeback after 2 years, with 80% of an expected full album done.

cr:jae in @ibigbang

[NEWS] Big Bang’s TOP, overwhelmingly crowned as the “Best idol fighter

Member of group Big Bang, TOP was crowned as the 쌈짱 “Best fighter” from amongst idols.

Because of action blockbuster movie ‘토너먼트’ “Tournament”, a survey titled “Who seems like the domestic idol that would be the best at fighting?” was hold from August 11th to August 18th.

As a result, with overwhelming support, TOP gained the 1st place. Among those involved in the survey, 60% of them supported TOP giving him the #1 place after TOP’s acting in drama “IRIS” and movie “Into the Fire” left a strong impression on the public.

TOP the charismatic idol, showed off unseen aspects through the drama, such as his emotional and breathtaking acting.

In additon, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon and 2PM’s Taecyon tied for 2nd place with 17% of the votes, and Beast’s Lee Ki Kwang received 7% of the votes.

cr:jaein@ibigbang

Guest toozdae08

@heartsburstintofire

Don't worry about BB, they are in complete control in Korea unlike in Japan. GD is producing this and considering that he, YB and TOP have all been vocal about how they too haven't liked some of their recent music (2009 era) because it's a little stale says that this album will be something fresh. The hyungs especially have had a lot of say in the direction of BB's music, if they say that they want something fresh and new and different then we'll get that.

Most of those traits you mentioned earlier are stuff BB brought to kpop and I doubt that they will comeback using the same concept and trends that they left Korea with. Chilax, BB got this album comeback on lock.

^^THIS.

@heartsburstintofire:

I'm glad you have your own personal list of things you think qualify as either good music or music that real musicians do and not idols.

Well let me just say that you don't need to worry about Big Bang. They will do just fine without you "taking them seriously" or not.

I HOPE they have auto tune. I HOPE they wear eye liner. I HOPE they rock tight metallic pants and flash their abs in every MV. I HOPE they scream out 2010 in every song over techno beats. I HOPE they reuse concept & have superfluous lyrics.

why?

Just to prove to YOU that even with all of those things, Big Bang will still BRING IT. They will do it bigger and better than anyone else.

did I say that I dislike them? Nooooo

it's that alot of people are disagreeing that they are muscians and we all know that they are wrong so I'm hoping that they would come out with something totally different.

And no I'm not blaming GD for all of this I'm blaming overall modern pop music in general for making richard simmons like that a trend.

Guest Michala01

Well I know that alot of people have problems and are tired of autotune. I was kidding with the whole tight pants thing but you can't seem to take a joke. I'm basically saying that groups are starting to look and sound the same in Korea and I don't speak for all VIPs but I'm pretty sure that they want BB to seperate themselves from that.

And eurodance beat or techno or house or whatever Idc it all sounds the same to me.

I'm sure they will stand out either way biggrin.gif

Sorry if we get a bit defensive in here...we know haters are gonna be coming in droves in the next few months and during the comeback so  we're on extra alert lol laugh.gif Not that you're a hater but we're just very protective sometimes to the point where jokes fly straight over my head. 

did I say that I dislike them? Nooooo

it's that alot of people are disagreeing that they are muscians and we all know that they are wrong so I'm hoping that they would come out with something totally different.

And no I'm not blaming GD for all of this I'm blaming overall modern pop music in general for making richard simmons like that a trend.

did I say that you dislike them? Nooooo

Big Bang are musicians. That has nothing to do with if they wear eyeliner or tight pants. That's not music, that's styling.

It's been 2 years since their last album. Do you really thing they'd come back with something generic and used? They always come back with something completely different.

Big Bang doesn't follow trends. They don't have to. They're Big Bang. People expect new & different from them. Of course they are going to deliver.

I trust in that.

Guest toozdae08

^

Yeah. Agreed. Haters are going to come out in droves when this album is out, esp with GD producing it. People are looking and so many are hoping that BB fails or GD fails or something. We VIPs have to stick together, we've aired our concerns but remember how quick ppl are to judge. Take the controversy with GD's Heartbreaker last year and how quick haters were to call YB (and the rest of BB with him) a failure when SOLAR came out. Last thing we need is for VIPs to be divided. Critiques are nice but try to keep it positive.

on that note.

I've still not excited yet (but I've been in a depressed mood all day so that's part of the problem) and I'm still in a state of suspended disbelief right now though my original response was to dance around my room for 15 minutes. I'm still in the "Is this reality, is this real life" phase of BB's comeback.

did I say that you dislike them? Nooooo

Big Bang are musicians. That has nothing to do with if they wear eyeliner or tight pants. That's not music, that's styling.

It's been 2 years since their last album. Do you really thing they'd come back with something generic and used? They always come back with something completely different.

Big Bang doesn't follow trends. They don't have to. They're Big Bang. People expect new & different from them. Of course they are going to deliver.

I trust in that.

well it seems to me that you took what I said the wrong way. I wasn't really expecting angry fan girls and blah blah blah.

I already know that Big Bang are muscians it's just that they haven't been showing that muscian side of them lately.

And the whole list thing was purely just for lulz, please don't take it the wrong way :)

lol, it's Bigbang boys who set all these trends more than 2 years ago..now everyone is following them..and it's getting old bc of that

it's always been like that..

when GD or Bigbang boys wear or spotting something new like headband,guyliner,blond hair and so many other things,

they always so many people who criticized them..

but when others are doing the same thing..people have no complain..lol

what i'm trying to say is that BB is the trendsetter

but people/haters always trying to deny this fact..lol

i don't take the news of comeback in Oct seriously

i just hope they will get a long rest n break like 1 month before making a comeback

i will patiently for their comeback

mm..i think you're forgetting or ignoring or watever it is...the fact that bigbang is a KOREAN band. not american, not korean-american, etc. altho what they do/might do/have done might not be your fav (or perhaps you're talking about other artists), its what is well-recieved in korea. yea, these boys are musicians, but they are mainstrean musicians..so they have to keep that balance. yes, they have to (and have) push foward and bring new things to the table. and of course, make the korean public accept/like what they like/bring to the table..bc thats what pop artists do. but esp, in kpop...the korean public has a certain taste, just like you and i do, that we might not like/understand. but its a CULTURAL thing..which to me a while to accept. (i have come to accept this..i just refuse to accept and do not understand why the korean general public are so inflexible in mainstream music. its either pop or ballad. and pop most of the time includes dancing) so bigbang has to bring all this into account when creating their new album. (ie.a bunch of us are always asking wheres the hip hop/r&b from eary on. it was well-recieved. so they changed direction...just like i adore ybs music..but am not surprised when it doesnt do as well as bigbang's music in korea) altho yg pushes the envelope with mainstream music..they are still mainstream artists (and want to be) so they have to work within certain boundaries.

and a few things you listed includes what bigbang made mainstream. yea, some people did it before, but many credit bigbang for making the public actually accept and follow these trends. guys wearing eyeliner, baggy then skinny jeans, etc. also, korea (like europe) adores techno. they always have and i think always will. here in america (where im from), its not that big..but again, a cultural difference. fortunately, koreans are starting to get over autotune..so we'll see about that.

just wantedd to make this point bc im hearing a lot of talk about how people dont like some stuff that bigbang does. and thats fine. i dont like everything either. but i just with people would consider the cultural aspect. bc if not, we just all sound really ignorant. (no offense intended)

Archived