★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest koreanfan74

If y'all guys have time, please go to Allkpop and read again the review of Seungri Mini Album VVIP. Y'all guys will see the same author who review for Big Bang new mini album. His/her nicknam is Rowdyruff. His reviews always sound like Bigbang is not that good, why people expect too much from them. Oh my god, I can not calm down right now. Just want to know who write these article.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest omgshinshin

If y'all guys have time, please go to Allkpop and read again the review of Seungri Mini Album VVIP. Y'all guys will see the same author who review for Big Bang new mini album. His/her nicknam is Rowdyruff. His reviews always sound like Bigbang is not that good, why people expect too much from them. Oh my god, I can calm down right now. Just want to know who write these article.

Haha, that guywas recently hired by allkpop to write supposed reviews.

Chill.

I always hang out in the comments section of Big Bang allkpop articles. I'm usually there with my VIP crew from Twitter and we have so much fun answering haters. It's a wonderful pastime but requires patience with trolls. Humour also helps :)

Anyways, YG UPLOADED THE VIDEOS ALREADY SO DAMN HAPPPPPYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

And wait, the sold 100k already? F-Yeah!

^ Reviews are opinion pieces. It's based on personal taste. I'm actually okay with the review. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism but of course everyone's entitled to disagree.

The person doing the review doesn't necessarily dislike Big Bang. In fact, he actually likes them. You should visit his blogsite. Here's his review of GD & TOP Vol. 1. Putting it in spoiler since it mentions other groups.

[Review] ‘GD&TOP Volume 1′ by G-Dragon and T.O.P. of Big Bang

7 Comments Posted by mcroth on 03/01/2011

I don’t know why it took me so long to type up a review of this album. Maybe I was waiting for my hard copy to arrive or perhaps I’d been too busy enjoying it to even think about writing anything, but finally, I sat my richard simmons down this week to deliver my first review of the new year. Woot, woot!

First thing’s first: I-love-this-album. Mainly because it captures just about everything I enjoy listening to from the YG Headquarters. We’ve got quirks. We’ve got killer beats. And to top it off, we’ve got awesome vocal performances from GD, TOP and, yes, even miss Bom herself has satisfied my appetite with her contribution to this heartwarming release.

The biggest surprise was hearing this rap duo venture into styles I hadn’t heard them in before, i.e. pop-rock, disco, etc. And while they step in and out of styles throughout the album, they still maintained a strong sense of cohesion between the songs (excluding one, which I’ll get to in a sec). Something, I think, that other big companies like SM Entertainment struggled to deliver last year. The only real album which stood on its own as a strong pop package was SHINee‘s 2nd Album, “Lucifer“. Others, like Super Junior‘s “Bonamana” and SNSD‘s “Hoot” EP failed to make any sense to me in comparison, so hearing songs on the same album actually blend well, makes me happy.

“GD&TOP Vol. 1” opens with a gratuitous hip-hop intro. It’s very much YG and I wouldn’t expect anything less from these two, especially when they live and breathe hip hop. They’re the only few mainstream artists who surrounded themselves with the style and culture day in and day out, which also sets them apart from the herd. Listening to this, though, almost makes me want to press pause and look for a 1TYM song to really amp up the feel-good vibes the album greets us with.

Song number 2 (High High) kicks in and it hooks you right in with the electro-pop goodness that has become synonymous with performers like G-Dragon and 2NE1. The production is amazing. Even if I beg for a ‘better’ chorus, the whole thing still catches my attention and warrants only praise for how well it’s been put together. I mean, I could stop right there if I wanted to because I can say the same thing about the rest of the album. From the Intro down to “Turn It Up“; it’s obvious these two put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears into their work and to know that they pretty much wrote the whole thing themselves escalates my respect for them as artists and YG for allowing them the liberty to do so.

One of my favorite songs on this album is “집에 가지마” and I’m so glad GD nixed Bom from singing the chorus because she just doesn’t have the control to carry the ‘elegance’ of this song with her overpowering voice. She sounds great on “Oh Yeah“, but here, GD and TOP were clearly going for another style, something softer and delicate. Which I think they achieved, not to mention their modern approach to disco that came out sounding amazing on the final mix.

One thing I have to point out is TOP’s singing. TOP? Singing? Uh, yeah. He at least attempts to do it on one of these songs (Oh Mom) and all I have to say is valiant effort. I know it, you know it, HE knows it – the man can’t sing. I mean, he CAN, but not well enough to be called a singer. Personally, I’m not a fan of listening to TOP’s voice for more than 30 seconds at a time, so it goes to show how much I enjoyed him on this song. What saves it though, surprisingly, is the auto tune. HA! Yeah, my thing with it is that if it’s done right and kept to a minimum, I’ve got no problem with it. And thank goodness, because it worked in his favor during the verses. I’ve heard TOP ‘sing’ without it, and uh, let’s just say it is not the best listening experience in the world. (WE AWR DA WURRR, anyone?) Another thing that saves the song is, well, everything else! The rock elements are nice.

My least favorite track? Probably “어쩌란 말이냐?”. I just don’t get it. I got the same feelings listening to this as I got when I first sat through Girls Aloud‘s “Out Of Control” album and “Live In The Country” kicked in. Long story short, I had my ‘seriously-wtf?’ face on every second of the song. It’s a one of these is not like the others scenario for me. I mean, it’s almost like a song for a children’s rodeo talent show or something. I don’t even know. I don’t hate the song, let that be known, but how it fits in with the playboy bunny/gigolo concept is beyond me.

The album in its entirety is worth the 39 minutes you’ll spend listening to it; it’s playful, fresh and full of swag. If anything, it sets up a perfect idea of the quality there is to come when Big Bang drop their 2011 album.

Rest of his reviews are here: http://mcrothsresidence.com/2011/01/03/review-gdtop-volume-1-by-g-dragon-and-t-o-p-of-big-bang/#more-3855

Guest omgshinshin

^ Reviews are opinion pieces. It's based on personal taste. I'm actually okay with the review. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism but of course everyone's entitled to disagree.

The person doing the review doesn't necessarily dislike Big Bang. In fact, he actually likes them. You should visit his blogsite. Here's his review of GD & TOP Vol. 1. Putting it in spoiler since it mentions other groups.

They are. However, it would have been nice if he actually reviewed the songs.

I'm okay with the review too. Not everyone will like the same things. Do I totally love GDTOP's album? No, not my cup of tea. How about Solar? Yes, it was perfect. How about VVIP? Yes yes yes yes. Personal preferences. What you can't deny though is the high quality production behind all of these releases.

Ive seen that and actually read his blog before he got on with akp so I know he's not necessarily hatin on Big Bang.

I actually like how hard he is on them because it only goes to show how much he respects them as artists as opposed to those he only praised and praised and gave gushing reviews with really high marks.

I think I can't repeat this enough but...

I actually love how everyone cares so much about Big Bang's music. Their music! I think that says a lot.

Guest koreanfan74

[Review] ‘GD&TOP Volume 1′ by G-Dragon and T.O.P. of Big Bang

7 Comments Posted by mcroth on 03/01/2011

I don’t know why it took me so long to type up a review of this album.  Maybe I was waiting for my hard copy to arrive or perhaps I’d been too busy enjoying it to even think about writing anything, but finally, I sat my richard simmons down this week to deliver my first review of the new year.  Woot, woot!

First thing’s first: I-love-this-album. Mainly because it captures just about everything I enjoy listening to from the YG Headquarters.  We’ve got quirks.  We’ve got killer beats.  And to top it off, we’ve got awesome vocal performances from GD, TOP and, yes, even miss Bom herself has satisfied my appetite with her contribution to this heartwarming release.

The biggest surprise was hearing this rap duo venture into styles I hadn’t heard them in before, i.e. pop-rock, disco, etc.  And while they step in and out of styles throughout the album, they still maintained a strong sense of cohesion between the songs (excluding one, which I’ll get to in a sec).  Something, I think, that other big companies like SM Entertainment struggled to deliver last year.  The only real album which stood on its own as a strong pop package was SHINee‘s 2nd Album, “Lucifer“.  Others, like Super Junior‘s “Bonamana” and SNSD‘s “Hoot” EP failed to make any sense to me in comparison, so hearing songs on the same album actually blend well, makes me happy.

“GD&TOP Vol. 1” opens with a gratuitous hip-hop intro.  It’s very much YG and I wouldn’t expect anything less from these two, especially when they live and breathe hip hop.  They’re the only few mainstream artists who surrounded themselves with the style and culture day in and day out, which also sets them apart from the herd.  Listening to this, though, almost makes me want to press pause and look for a 1TYM song to really amp up the feel-good vibes the album greets us with.

Song number 2 (High High) kicks in and it hooks you right in with the electro-pop goodness that has become synonymous with performers like G-Dragon and 2NE1.   The production is amazing.  Even if I beg for a ‘better’ chorus, the whole thing still catches my attention and warrants only praise for how well it’s been put together.  I mean, I could stop right there if I wanted to because I can say the same thing about the rest of the album.  From the Intro down to “Turn It Up“; it’s obvious these two put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears into their work and to know that they pretty much wrote the whole thing themselves escalates my respect for them as artists and YG for allowing them the liberty to do so.

One of my favorite songs on this album is “집에 가지마” and I’m so glad GD nixed Bom from singing the chorus because she just doesn’t have the control to carry the ‘elegance’ of this song with her overpowering voice.  She sounds great on “Oh Yeah“, but here, GD and TOP were clearly going for another style, something softer and delicate.  Which I think they achieved, not to mention their modern approach to disco that came out sounding amazing on the final mix.

One thing I have to point out is TOP’s singing.  TOP?  Singing?  Uh, yeah.  He at least attempts to do it on one of these songs (Oh Mom) and all I have to say is valiant effort.  I know it, you know it, HE knows it – the man can’t sing.  I mean, he CAN, but not well enough to be called a singer.  Personally, I’m not a fan of listening to TOP’s voice for more than 30 seconds at a time, so it goes to show how much I enjoyed him on this song.  What saves it though, surprisingly, is the auto tune.  HA!  Yeah, my thing with it is that if it’s done right and kept to a minimum, I’ve got no problem with it.  And thank goodness, because it worked in his favor during the verses.  I’ve heard TOP ‘sing’ without it, and uh, let’s just say it is not the best listening experience in the world.  (WE AWR DA WURRR, anyone?)  Another thing that saves the song is, well, everything else!  The rock elements are nice.

My least favorite track?  Probably “어쩌란 말이냐?”.  I just don’t get it.  I got the same feelings listening to this as I got when I first sat through Girls Aloud‘s “Out Of Control” album and “Live In The Country” kicked in. Long story short, I had my ‘seriously-wtf?’ face on every second of the song.  It’s a one of these is not like the others scenario for me.  I mean, it’s almost like a song for a children’s rodeo talent show or something.  I don’t even know.  I don’t hate the song, let that be known, but how it fits in with the playboy bunny/gigolo concept is beyond me.

The album in its entirety is worth the 39 minutes you’ll spend listening to it; it’s playful, fresh and full of swag.  If anything, it sets up a perfect idea of the quality there is to come when Big Bang drop their 2011 album.

Rest of his reviews are here: http://mcrothsreside...bang/#more-3855

Is this the same author that i mentioned above?

Whatever, I dont care what review said anymore. Just enjoy BigBang and 2ne1 music now kakakaka. I want Oh Yeah performance @ Big Show kaka. GD's suit is yellow and Top's suit is Blue. Man, it's awesome. Does any one have fancam video?

Guest shinhdeplol

Seungri cant take his eyes off Taewoo :P

e169.jpg

e16w.th.jpge161.th.jpge162b.th.jpg

e163.th.jpge164.th.jpge165.th.jpg

e166n.th.jpge167.th.jpge168.th.jpg

C; 선서나는너를기다리겠어

[NEWS] Big Bang hits 100,000 sales mark in less than a week!

In retrospect, it was probably a smart move for artists to reshuffle their comeback schedules, as Big Bang dominated the Korean music market in both online and offline sales.

On February 28th, Hanteo reported that Big Bang has sold a record-breaking 100,000 units of their latest mini-album. On February 28th alone, they sold 58,000 copies. This is an enormous achievement, as it normally takes top groups a full year to sell 100,000 units.

Big sales numbers in Korea are generally lower than that of other countries thanks to the prevalence and ease of

illegal downloading. Last year, B2ST gained attention for being the only rookie group to have sold over 100k units, but that was with the release of four mini-albums and a grueling promotion cycle. According to Hanteo, the top seller in 2010 was Super Junior’s “BONAMONA“, which sold 129,000 units.

Big Bang also accrued another achievement, as they entered the ‘U.S. Top 10 iTunes album charts’ for the very first time, peaking at #6. Congratulations to Big Bang!

Source: Allkpop

Taken from: ibigbang.wordoress.com

@omgshinshin

His reviewing style isn't really something I'd say I like lol. He does tend to skip songs. It's a general trend in his reviews. But I can appreciate that he thinks about their music and respects Big Bang as artists. I don't really react negatively to reviews unless it's really off tangent or just plain hating on the music (i.e. it's autotune therefore it sucks type of reviews). He was pretty respectful in general but like us, he is also entitled to his own opinion.

But I'm actually flattered that Big Bang's music is being reviewed by people. It means that their music is important enough to them that they actually bother to think and write about it. I was actually surprised when AKP started to do these opinion pieces. Before AKP would just have bashed BB just to get a rise out of people. Anyone remember the Number 1 album review? They did give an ok enough review for Remember album though. XD

@koreanfan74

yes, he's the same person. He links his blogsite with his reviews. Though I found his site way before he started to work with AKP.

ok YG needs to seriously release Dae's album!!! at first listen Baby Don't Cry didn't really catch my attention but now I can't stop listening to it!!! I'm like freaken listening to the fancam and it's not doing the song or Dae justice! I demand an official release! You hear me YG! OMO I'm falling in love with DaeDae!!! it's his time to shine for me! I think this time Imma fall very hard for him! YB I'm sorry you have to move aside a little I'll come back to you when I'm done with Dae...lol GD take a step back let DaeDae come closer to me. Tabi scoot a little to the left and let DaeDae through and Seungri you can tag along with DaeDae cuz you're pretty close behind him...gah! move aside huyngs it's the maknaes turns!

on another note...lol...I am loving all the performances and what I notice is that even when they're all in a performance together their individuality is always showing through! THAT WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THEM!!!!

I'm ecstatic with the news! over a 100, 000? It hasn't even been a week! the best thing about this is that it solidifies the fact that Big Bang are still one of the main, if not the main, representative for Kpop! I'm so proud and so happy for them I can barely contain myself. This isn't it, I'm sure. It was only a mini-album... I cannot even imagine how successful a full album will be!

LOVING THE TRANSLATIONS FOR SEUNG RI ON NAN. He is so beautiful, easily misunderstood, but beautiful nonetheless. hahahaha.

Guest xxxKrissKrossxxx

Congrats on selling 100k units in just 4 days!!! AMAZING! But that's why they're BigBang. ;) Is there any group that has sold that many units in such a short amount of time in Korea? Also they made it to #6 on iTunes that's an amazing start! They'll only reach higher in the future!! :D BigBang, and YG must be soooo proud!!!! ^^

Guest doublehh03

^ another group holds the record. but big bang has broken their own records so that is all that matters. and they have achieved new heights around the world also.

and yes usually sales for mini-albums are lower than full albums. so this is kind of surprising. i was expecting 60-70k first week

EDIT: i'm sure the #s are even more since hanteo doesn't include YGEshop and a lot of other retailers. but it gives you the trend of physical sales

Guest bettechai

Hello VIP's..!!! :)

just done watching the Secret Garden parody. and it was Daebak.. hahah TOP why kiss the boys why not me...LOL... and yeah just done watching the other parodies men TOP really knows how to act.. eheheh

regarding the Charts..! wow.BRAVO BIGBANG...!! you've done it again.. perfect...!!another record... wooohooo and haters go go away...:)

i made some GIF's from the SG parody i really really love this Parody..hahah

1xvid.gif

^sexiest Man has come..:) ♥ wooot..

3xvid.gif

^ "oh wait.. lemme fix my breast..."LOL

4xvid.gif

^ THE NEW TRENDY DANCE...:))

5xvid.gif

^*wink wink wink..

7xvid.gif

^ best reaction evah..!! LOL

8xvid.gif

^*how to kiss, first tickle the victim then when he/she loses his/her mind then......

9xvid.gif

^dive in for the KISS..!! (TOP + 1point LOL)

11xvid.gif

^"oh gosh....ottoeke.??? "

12xvid.gif

^another Lesson "This is how you do FOAM KISS♥"(TOP = 2points)

10xvid.gif

^WTH.??!!!

14xvid.gif

^"hmmm...SMELL" =))

17xvid.gif

^hahahaah

16xvid.gif

^THE END...:)

EDIT:

additional GIF'S

13xvid.gif2xvid.gif

Guest doublehh03

just came back from the gym, and there was a dance class and they played tonight as the song. this is in SF too.

Guest fiyfly

^^ You beat me to it.  :)  I knew the MV shown during The Big Bang Show wouldn't be the final one as there was too little Daesung and seemed to be missing something.  LOVE the final, official version - Poor Daesung!  And TOP is just a pimp - no other words to describe him.  :D

Archived