★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest wanderlove

Is the music video going to be released today? If so, what time?!?! Can't wait..

Still jamming on the album.. I feel so proud of what Seungri has become.. he really has matured and is doing something great..

And I am also proud that he's doing well in the charts.. hoping that it stays that way..

Strong Panda For The Win!! MCountdown later!!

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shinhdeplol

Jiyong should have a proper est to recover right now, they can always perform the song in the near future :)

4 hrs till MCD. Im so excited to hear him live again :w00t:

Wallpapers

5adb771237ece896a7ef3f3.th.jpg105763dd1b89120494ee370.th.jpgd224df4977a3d87309f7ef0.th.jpg

f5966600508737273912bb0.th.jpg0f785a83e03692879123d90.th.jpgf4fd6beeba699d1f78f0550.th.jpg

C: BBCN // fan‵ @ baidu

110120stardayvimg01.jpg

17845186.jpg

C: S @ VIPZ // bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

Guest omgshinshin

I am highly anticipating the lyrics.

I could care less for rankings. lol. Awards really aren't a big thing for me. All I am happy for is that the mini-album did not disappoint!~

Anyone have the lyrics yet?

^ aww that lil girl will be in Seungri's MV?

i remember watching her interview[she's a child actress] where she said she's a BigBang fan and fav member is Tabi

..another thing, why are some people calling the title track "so what?" lol 어쩌라고 doesn't mean so what..more like what do you want me to do

edit:

I didn't know MV's coming out today! :w00t:

Guest juang_bb

okay.. last before i go, gotta take a nap for awhile and wake up for maknae's MCD comeback stage.... latest update at 2PM KST real time.

Cyworld

#1 WDYWMTD

#3 OPEN WINDOW

#4 I KNOW

#7 VVIP

Soribada

#1 WDYWMTD

#6 VVIP

Mnet

#1 WDYWMTD

#2 VVIP

#3 I KNOW

#8 OPEN WINDOW

Bugs

#1 VVIP

#2 WDYWMTD

#3 I KNOW

#4 OPEN WINDOW

#6 MAGIC

#7 WHITE LOVE

Dosirak

#1 WDYWMTD

#5 VVIP

Naver

#1 WDYWMTD

#2 I KNOW

#3 VVIP

#4 OPEN WINDOW

#5 MAGIC

#6 WHITE LOVE

#7 OUTRO

Daum

#1 WDYWMTD

#3 I KNOW

#4 VVIP

#6 MAGIC

#7 OPEN WINDOW

#8 WHITE LOVE

#10 OUTRO

Melon

#7 WDYWMTD

so pretty much, he's #1 all over except for Melon, which is the largest so it is the hardest to get into, but usually the less volatile. he's slowly but surely moving up though, he just overtook GTOP's HH and OY which are at #8 and #9 respectively (good feat for GTOP, they're on their 6th week now)

Hanteo Real-time ALBUM chart

#1 SEUNGRI 1st MINI ALBUM: VVIP

hopefully he stays strong on top and go for a long run! fighting!!! CB stage later! :D

Guest intelligirl

Ft Island's Choi Jong Hun tweets about Seungri's album

1295501074.jpg

내 친구 승리 오늘 첫방입니다 응원해주세요 화이팅 승리 :)

— JongHoon/フニ様 (@FtGtJH)

January 20, 2011

Ok, where are the MVs? I hope they're not delayed until tomorrow or something. I'm expecting them before his comeback stage, but idek..

Guest 25cotton

I'm so excited right now. I already downloaded the whole album as well as pre-ordered it on Yesasia. Seungri was one of the first artists in KPop I was interested in (him and SNSD, oddly enough). I saw a clip where he confessed how much he wanted to be a good singer and cried, and decided immediately he was someone to keep an eye on.

I always enjoyed his dancing and voice, even though I'm not much of a fan of BIGBANG (they're really talented, but I only like a few of their songs), and was so excited when I heard he was going to be getting his own solo mini-album. When I was reading some comments on the songs (before I listened to any of them), I became worried; some people thought that only some of the songs were good. But I listened to the whole album, and love every song!

He even wrote/composed my favorite songs of the album! I'm so proud of Seungri!

Can't wait for the MV.

Can't wait for the performances.

Can't wait for my copy of the mini-album.

Can't wait to hear more of Seungri in the future. (especially now that the world can see his potential)

Guest sweetflower

Before I go any further with my review of the album, I would like to say that whatever you'll see below are ME,MY, MINE personal and subjective opinions only. With that said, here we go:

SEUNGRI:

I'll give props to SR for his participation in his first mini. Gradually, he's becoming a man and slowly stepping from under his hyungs' shadows and spreading his wings far and wide. Of course, SR is lucky in that he belongs to YGEnt, a company that actually encourages and nurtures the growth of an artist, and that he has awesome hyungs to look up to, especially GD, who SR respects the most. A child must learn to crawl first before learning to walk, and this album represents the beginning of SR's growth because boy still has a long road ahead of him, but comparing SR 5 years ago to the SR of today - he has come a long way.

THE ALBUM:

Seems like I'm the only one, but overall, I'm not too impressed with this album - maybe because this album just screams 'SR' to the T and it's just not my cup of tea or maybe I was expecting a lot more. The biggest problem about this album is that there was NO song that really stands out to me - all the songs are good, but NONE ARE GREAT. None of the songs were memorable after the first listen and after listening to the whole album repeatedly - the songs became a little repetitive, especially the two titles.

1. Titles: VVIP + What Do You Want - to be completely honest, VVIP is not good enough to be a title song - this song should have been cut short and make as the Intro. What Do You Want is a little better, but this was the first time that the full title song did not live up to its teaser - I was expecting a lot more based on the teaser, but was disappointed. SR is really channeling JT with these two songs, except SR's songs are the weaker versions (can I say Sexy Back v. 2?). VVIP 5/10 + What Do You Want 7/10

2. Open Window (feat. GD) - THIS.SHOULD.HAVE.BEEN.THE.TITLE.SONG. (or one of the title songs) - my favorite from this album. From the swing-your-hips-side-to-side melody, to the sexy (not nasally sounding) and harmonizing voices of GRi - this song really stood out for me, something that I would never have expected from SR. 8.5/10

I've never complained about YG's choices of title songs before, but from how things are going, it doesn't look good. I felt like ever since the title song fiasco with TY's I Need A Girl, YG's camp have been steering clear of slow or slower songs and going with songs that have faster beats/melodies.

3. Magic - a solid song, but would have been better if the narration and talk that infiltrated annoyingly here and there throughout the song was completely taken out, and SR's voice was especially nasal. 7/10

4. I Know (feat. IU) - very kpopish, very generic and bland, forgettable - a song I would have expected from IU's camp or SM's camp, but not from YG's. 5/10

5. White Love - a filler track, easily forgettable - seems like an extension of What Do You Want, except slower. 5/10

6. Outro - nice ending to the album, reminds me of TY's Solar intro - short and sweet but have fans begging for more. 8/10

An overall 5.5-6/10 rating from me - not too impressed, not a solid album - but like I said earlier, this album is just the beginning steps for SR. I hope to see something better from him in the future.

Guest omgshinshin

@sweetflower, I liked reading your thoughts on the album since I am very Seungri biased and couldn't, for the life of me, stop from flailing all over the place when I try to write a proper review for it.

I'm going to agree that this whole thing is because of Seungri being in YG with all of those amazing people surrounding him. However, I would also like to give credit to Seungri for being a wonderful 'sponge' and being passionate and determined to prove himself worthy of his post in Big Bang. The guy definitely has the ingredients, YG saw that and took him in. Because if he doesn't have the talents and the charms, he most definitely won't even be in YG. I think, something people forget when they say that 'if only so and so is in this company, she/he/they'd be way better' is the fact that they wouldn't even have made it into that company in the first place. This is the case for Seungri. Seungri was able to improve because he's in YG but the mere fact that he is in YG is already a big thing. Not everyone can be in YG. Not everyone has the privileged to be in YG.

I think the fact that you said that his album screams SR and how you equated that to being a somewhat let down for you does not make sense. However, when you said that it is because you do not like SR's style, then I understood. It's true that the whole thing screams Seungri and that's what I love about it. If it gave me YB vibes or GD vibes, I'd definitely leave him and fangirl over someone else. However, he delivered and I saw him in this and I was satisfied.

About the choice in Title Tracks, I doubt if Seungri would have liked a slow title track. He's very passionate about dancing and he loves choreographing songs so I couldn't really see him choosing Open Window.

As for the I Know, same here. Exactly what I thought.

I am surprised with your opinion on White Love though, haha! Everyone seem to love White Love so far. I don't think any of these songs were filler tracks though. And I think it's a very solid album :) Personal preferences do exist!

Agree. This is just the beginning. When he debuted, I could see so much potential in him. This one proved that he is capable of growth but he can improve so much more.

So excited!

DOWNLOAD VVIP ON ITUNES!

SWEETFLOWER yay!

lol and i thought im the only one not specially crazy about the first two tracks. WHAT DO YOU WANT

sounds like one of TY's song on SOLAR album. The two songs (VVIP and WHAT DO YOU WANT) screams

of SR pulling the Justin Timberlake feel which is known to all ever since he started

with BIGBANG. However, i personally would want to hear a different side of Seungri which

was justified by tracks 3 onwards.

SR is really channeling JT with these two songs, except SR's songs are the weaker versions

hahaha so TRUE..which is why everytime i listen i skip tracks 1 and 2.

Open Window (feat. GD) - THIS.SHOULD.HAVE.BEEN.THE.TITLE.SONG. (or one of the title songs)

O.M.G YES please...this song totally gives a different feel..it gives a refreshing SEUNGRI that i havent seen before.

It's like an old song..uhm even like a classic song being revived..

However,it seems that title tracks are really leaning more on upbeat songs. I guess they

want it to appeal more to the kpop masses.

as for the IU collab..i too was a bit disappointed. I was expecting equally strong vocals

from the two but then again im biased with IU lol..so im fine w/ it.

@omgshinshin

About the choice in Title Tracks, I doubt if Seungri would have liked a slow title track. He's very passionate about dancing and he loves choreographing songs so I couldn't really see him choosing Open Window.

true.i pretty much expected that he'll have those types of song which was why my excitement for his album

didnt soar high. Bad, but in my head i was stereotyping what songs he would come out w/. When i listened

to the first two i was like "ah ok...." but when track 3 played my stereotyping for his album changed 180 degrees.

In every album there will always be the favorites and least liked songs..so yeah it will boil down

to personal preference. For this album i have two least liked songs but the rest are pretty good IMO.

Props still to Seungri for coming out w/ this album because i wouldve always thought he's really the POP-ish

guy of BIGBANG..w/ this album he showed me that he can do other genre..a more laid back one..one that really

surprised me ♥

Darn you laptop & slow battery shipping! My main laptop w/itunes is currently unavailable so I can't support VI just yet. Hopefully in due time.

I always knew maknae Seungri's vocals matched perfectly with a slow/ballad song. =)

[Outro; In My World] You had me at: So let's fly, just you and I. I could listen to this line alone repeatedly. :P

The track I'm feeling the most at the moment is actually Magic, it just has this feel good mood to it.

G-Ri <3

Just a thought, I could totally hear What Do You Want Me to Do in American mainstream. Just the beat, build up, and maybe the lyrics? speaks radio boppin', club hoppin' groove. Maybe YG/Seungri should consider turning this into an English single.

Be proud Panda! :)

Guest SilentReader

SR's minialbum came off as fresh and new to me from BB. I thought the album was overall really good. Reviews for each song aside, my personal favourites are Magic, So What and Outro. These are songs that grown onto me on seconds. It's hard for me to pick a best one, because imho, there aren't one that really came off as WOW, on first impression. To quote past songs, TaeYang's Wedding Dress, Big Bang's Tell Me Goodbye and some of Big Bang's intro songs. But of course, these are just personal preferences and that would mean his music taste would be similar to Big Bang. I've made certain observations and I also realise that VIPs really ranked these songs differently, which goes to show that the songs appeal to a variety of people with different tastes, which I find this album really admirable.

One thing I feel is that Seungri is not getting enough credit than he should get for this minialbum. Praises have thus far been superficially that he composed and produced almost all songs in this album, he's gotten from a kid to a man, his vocals are improving, and that he has grown a lot. I think we don't know a lot about what SR has gone through and how he feels about making this album. From my perspective, I think Seungri put in a great deal of risks presenting an album whose songs tend to stave away from the KPOP mainstream genre. Being him and his liking for being an artist or an idol, he actually has presented himself as a man and his passion for his music interest. I feel that from the songs I hear, he is prepared to put aside awards and success just to show the real SR, which is why this album is very him. The same feeling I had when i heard TaeYang's solar album and GDTOP's High High. Both just want to show their music. And SR should get the same amount of respect and credit for that. I don't think it's just about how he has improved, but I really believe that he is on par, if not inches away from his hyungs to be great artists. I'm really proud of him.

Guest doublehh03

Before I go any further with my review of the album, I would like to say that whatever you'll see below are ME,MY, MINE personal and subjective opinions only. With that said, here we go:

i thought seungri is the weakest link in the group (but that's b/c BB is just really talented) but this guy delivered. that song "magic" is a pure class american market type of pop song. i thought that song was better than any song on gd/top's album, and arguably on taeyang's album. and i think taeyang and GD are the 2 most talented in BB.

seungri still has ways to go vocally and other stuff, but the guy delivered.

and it is so obvious why BB is so great when they are together. they all have different musical tastes, and you can see it in their solos.

GD/TOP - hip hop (GD obviously more creative musically)

taeyang - r&b king

seungri - pure pop

daesung - trot, and i'm sure when he released his album, it's more r&b/alternative

Guest teenace

okay people especially GTOP fans are being waaay too harsh here.

this is a 100% pop album excluding GD's rap part. this is Seungri. yeah yeah its your opinion but saying something like this album is so him and I'm disappointed. lol what? sorry he's not someone else. Seungri is pop. period. if you don't like it or don't like his music then don't bother to listen. even if you're BB fans. its ridiculous to come here and expect him to change the way he is and what type of music he prefers. thats like saying "GTOP are rapping. I hate rap. why don't they change and sing instead". lol thats how ridiculous it is. Seungri worked hard on this album. Mentioning other members isn't helping either. How do you think Seungri fans feel? Comparing them when they have totally different genres? Its not fair to him.

Sorry but I hear this kind of crap from nonVIPz and now I have to hear it again from BB fans in his own thread? why do I even come here -_-

Guest shinhdeplol

Awhh Seungri has just come back, we should be supporting him without any tension here :(

Anyway, here is a selca of Maknae with Hwang ssabu

3a46db0ce8bdd69f3ac7632.jpg

C: BBCN // Fatina_21 @ baidu

Archived