★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest omgshinshin

I am definitely biased. I like every song, every single song. On first listen. That makes me biased, right? Who cares? I think this is perfect.

He co-composed 6/7, wrote 6/7 and choreographed 2/2 of the songs. One day, he will direct his own music video while starring in it at the same time. Seungri is boss.

I am so damn proud of him.

Mad props to choice37, DEE.P, Choi Pilkwang and BIGTONE. Perfect mini-album, overall.

Since I love Seungri's voice the most in Big Bang (personal preference, it exists!), I think it really was great that he co-composed these tracks because his voice fits the songs.

VVIP is like a melting pot of a lot of things. Probably because everyone had a hand in it. I like this one absolutely. The drums, the trumpet, the chorus people, the fireworks - the "show" feel of it. I can see it now, flashing lights and girls all over a pimpin maknae. This is seriously a very good opening track. It sets the exciting pace for the rest.

어쩌라고, first second and I already am in love. The teaser was great and amazing but the whole track is seriously amazing. The beat is sick and those high notes are really scaring me right now. This is perfect as the title track. Very good choice!

창문을 열어 (feat.G-DRAGON), not gonna lie, I listened to this first and was stuck playing it for 30 whole minutes before I moved on and played the rest of the album. Seungri's voice - smooooooooooooth. GD and Seungri's voices blending, GD rapping and Seungri singing - perfect match. YG I NEED A G-RI ALBUM. Listening to the last seconds of this album is just so good, I am repeating this song forever and ever and ever.

MAGIC, choice you GENIUS. I have never not liked a choice37 track before. This whole track is amazing in so many ways. Am I going to keep repeating myself over and over? This whole track is amazing amazing amazing. This whole track is MAGIC. The conversation between choice and seungri, lol, and then the little sounds, and the easy beat and this really is just MY FAVORITE TRACK.

I KNOW, really cute but probably not gonna repeat it for a lot of times like I would the other tracks.

WHITE LOVE, another one that I am absolutely in love with! The guitar! The guitar! The guitar! In love. This one is just so good. A very upbeat track to bring the mood up! Sounds sweet and fun. Easy to listen to and my second favorite track after MAGIC. <3

OUTRO (IN MY WORLD), definitely Seungri. This song has Seungri written all over it. The slow piano melody and the controlled singing that just breaks free as the music gets stronger. perfect way to wrap up the whole mini-album. I need a performance of this, while playing the piano ala Next Day.

I just flailed all over, didn't I?

Buying this album. Buying this album. Buying it!

Very solid, YG never disappoints.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest juang_bb

okay.. so i guess the album was really leaked since it was supposed to be released 10AM KST which is about 7 hrs from now. but oh well, just download the songs later legally for those who have listened to it now. i personally am already planning on buying it off of mnet/itunes whichever releases first. :lol:

btw.. i saw at bestiz that 1 day prior to official release, maknae sold 4k today. sales for tomorrow will probably be higher since that's the official release day. but still, 4k is good job for maknae. :D

My review on our dear SEUNGRI's 1st minialbum:

1. VVIP : The starting,the song itself is rather

analog & I love it.The song is not that catchy

as 'What About Me' but it seeps into you & stays

for long.& now I am looking forward to the lyrics. 9/10

2. WHAT ABOUT ME : It is catchy,the song

that will get people atrracted too soon after.

Yes,I love the way he sings the bridge the most. 7/10

3. 창문을 열어(feat GD) : His soft vocals makes

this song smooth yet tinge of sexiness

at the same time & I like it.It shows a different

side of Seungri,in a way. Plus Kwon Leadah adds flavour

to this song too. 8/10

4. MAGIC : This song makes me smile

for no reason. Rather than sweet,

it's more of a fun song to chill

while confessing to the girl you love.

His 'baby~' part is great & the random kissing

sounds is something special. 7.5/10

5. I KNOW(feat IU) : I can totally

imagine them performing this stage.

From the music & their vocals,

it compliments each other so well. 8/10

6. WHITE LOVE : This song is 100% totally

love just like VVIP at first listen.

The guitar strumming part is a great way to start

off with. 9/10

7. OUTRO(IN MY WORLD) : I can picture seeing

him perform this beautiful medley during BS CONCERT 2011

while playing the piano. I want to the lyrics to this,

most definitely. 9/10

Our DEAR Seungri maknae,the dancer,

the soft yet strong vocalist,the confidence

one,the composer & lyricist ; We are proud

& happy to be able to listen to

such beautiful songs :wub: .THANK YOU!~

I'm definitely impressed. There is so much potential in Seung Ri I was just waiting for YG to give him an opportunity like this. There is no way in hell I could ever say I was disappointed with this album. To be honest, I expected more pop-ish songs from him but he delivered songs that are more mature than the typical idol. To know that he took a significant part in the production of this album only convinces me even more that Seung Ri really is a force to be reckoned with.

Let's break it down.

VVIP - To be honest, this isn't my favourite song from the album. I enjoy the chorus most of all and I have to admit the song is really catchy but I think it just really surprised me. I can already tell that Seung Ri is going to have so much fun dancing/performing to this song. It's an upbeat song that promises and upbeat and fun choreo. I'm listening to it as I type this and seriously, the refrain is damn catchy--my favourite part of the song.

어쩌라고 - Smart move making this the title song. LOVE IT TO BITS. The teaser did not do this song justice. When he performs this, it's really going to show his vocal talent that has improved so much over the years. Love this song. Love it Love it Love it.

창문을 열어 (feat.G-DRAGON) - I definitely didn't expect a song like this from Seung Ri. I'm pleasantly surprised. It's an awesome track. It may not serve well as a title track because of the current climate and taste of the kpop industry but it's a damn high quality track from GD. They really do match, our Tom and Jerry. It's somewhat mellow so I can jsut listen to it and bob my head while jamming to the song. It's like GDTOP's baby goodnight, yaknowhaimean?

Magic: I'm not sure because I love pretty much all the songs but I have to say this tops the list. This and his title song. Seriously. I'm so turned on by Seung Ri's english. Seriously. Choice 37 is sooooo good. I'm looking forward to more of his works!

I Know (ft IU): Their voices are really sweet together. YG was correct in his statement about this song: together they have created a really sweet mood to the song. I can't wait to read the translations for the lyrics to this song. This is a song that I can put on repeat for days because it's just that easy to listen to. What's with the days of the week?

White Love: AHHHHHHH. I REALLY LIKE THIS SONG TOO. A poppy song! I think of icecream, lollipops, rainbows and hot guys when I hear this song. LOL

Outro: Our boy can definitely sing. The simple interlacing of Seung Ri's vocals to the melody of a piano is just beautiful. The only downside is that it's far too short. I could listen to this forever. Man, how great would it be if he played the piano while performing this song?

Okay, to be honest I'm a little too overwhelmed by the album to properly review it. All i know is that I'm impressed, it was beyond my expectations and I'm so thankful that Seung Ri was given this opportunity. So so so glad. So so excited. Along with GDTOP's album, Seung Ri is proving to me that Big Bang's comeback is going to be epic. The quality of their songs is just mind-fing-blowing.

Guest Michala01

I really suck at writing reviews of songs, so my take on the album will be short and sweet. 

I really love the WHOLE album. From start to finish, it kept me captivated and I couldn't stop abusing the replay button. That's always a good sign. 

My favourite tracks are  어쩌라고  and 창문을 열어. The choice of title track is PERFECT. I think it will appeal to the mass audience, it's totally a dance song but not too electronic if you know what I mean. I haven't been able to stop playing it biggrin.gif The choreo to this track should be amazing! 

창문을 열어 is just flawless, GD adds that extra umph to the song. It shows the variety on the album. This is a slow jam, really sexy song. 

Overall, A+ Maknae. I couldn't be more proud of you. You have surpassed my expectations. If this album is only the start, then I am very much looking forward to your future compositions, because you obviously have the talent for it. 

Being a VIP right now, is heaven. biggrin.gif

Guest choco|HOLIC

Okay the songs are indeed leaked :S, but as a VIP who pre-ordered this album, i can write a short review right? :)

VVIP - This song didnt give me a good vibe the first time i listened to it. And after a few listens, im still not into it. The melody isn't flowy, and it seems to be all about having fun?? i don't know what to make of this song but i think im gonna have to listen to it a couple more times, see the mv and lyrics to finally fall for it :)

WYWMTD - First beats reminded me of 2NE1's CF song. But i love this song!!!! Love the transitions from slow music, to fast music and finally to slow music. The chorus is fun fun fun!!! Love it!!! KYAAAAA!!! I'm totally breaking down, falling in love!!! THIS IS ON REPEAT!

Open the Window - This song has interesting melody. It is something i would consider myself listening to in clubs after a couple of drinks xD. And GD's rap here is really LOVE. LIKE SERIOUS. oh, maybe a song i would listen to when it's time to sleep, like GDTOP's Baby Goodnight :)

MAGIC - I don't know why, but the first time i listen to this song, it reminded me of TaeYang. Lol, this is the kind of song that i feel TaeYang would sing to. Love the cool, composed melody. And i love that many artists put in their voices in this song.

I KNOW - I was actually most excited about this song, but somehow, it seems to be lacklustre? Like i was expecting both singers to WOW me with their vocals, but i guess this is also one of the riding-down-the-highway songs.

White Love- I thought this was gonna be ballad!!! LOL, i didn't like it at first, but i think it's really a cute song. The 'owh' is really cute. And the buildup to the chorus. It is really a nice feeling. Nice melody!.

Outro - This is really a perfect outro to the whole album. All songs above have been fast tracks, pumping, and suddenly we have piano-vocal song to end off the whole upbeat. After bouncing and rocking, this really calms your heart. Not to mention, his vocals here...speechless. It's ...just nice.

The whole album really came off very unexpected. I was actually thinking that Seungri being his very kpop idol qualities would release songs that appeal to the kpop audience. But this album was really different. The songs arent those which you would fall for instantly like Big Bang Tell Me Goodbye, these songs, like GDTOP album, they grow onto you. And not to mention that the songs and genre are different of GDTOP, i am a contented VIP to be receiving double dose of happiness in these two months. Seungri's maturity is palpable in this album. Well done, maknae.

I have to be honest and say I didn't expect this album to be so good. I'm actually loving all the songs and definitely impressed with Seung Ri. I had expected something like "Strong Baby", but of course, I should have known better that the style would definitely change. ;D Seung Ri's voice is soft and so nice to listen to. Go, Maknae! I'm so happy Seung Ri came out with such an awesome album. ♥

Guest omgshinshin

Reading everyone's opinions on the album really makes me smile.

It's amazing how everyone underestimated Seungri and was wowed by this turnout. I'm thinking it was the same thing for YG. He wasn't expecting Seungri to make these great songs so when he listened, he was very impressed.

Seungri trained in YG for a very short time before debuting in Big Bang so seeing him mature and develop through the years on stage is really a wonderful feeling. Being around all those amazing people in YG, it's no surprise he's able to come up with this mini-album. That and the fact that Seungri is determined to give his all in everything.

Confidence and ambition - they get you far when mixed just right.

Proud of Seungri. So damn much.

Guest nerdie_breet

I've listen to the whole album for about an hour now and I don't want to skip anything.

This whole album is pure perfection and I love it to tidbits :wub:

He really impressed me with his vocals and his self-composed songs. Honestly, I never thought that his songs would be so damn good but he really proved me wrong.

I love all the songs but my favourite tracks would be White Love, Outro and Magic. These songs really stand out for me but I still listen to the album without skipping any track.

This is pure love :wub:

Maknae, keep making great music like this! You're the best!

Edit: opps! sorry, my first post here and I topped a page. Sorry I don't have anything to share :sweatingbullets:

Guest omgshinshin

Also, I would really really love to read the translations for these songs. I am keeping my fingers crossed that some awesome Seungri-biased fan will translate so I can spazz about Seungri's writing skills.

And the MVs.

We get MVs, right?

Tomorrow? Or later today. Depends on where you are.

I am seriously seriously in love with Seungri right now.

Biased fangirl is biased.

Guest MidnightByul

OMG I AM SO PROUD OF SEUNGRI!

This is a solid solid album. Totally beautiful. Totally....Seungri! LOL

I love his title track. perfect track. love the beats. Can not wait to see the choreo. And, omg.

Magic with choice! I LOVE IT! Second favorite track. And, I love the talks in between. so cute.

(I mean...all the songs Choice did for YG are amazing!)

Outro..aigoo. Baby's vocals. I love it, especially being accompanied by the piano.

And, the duet with IU. Love it...once again. I mean, I'll be honest I didn't that high of an expectation for Seungri's album. But, I'm totally blown. Baby did good!

Strong Baby Fighting!

I did not expect anything for Seungri's album because..well haha uhm not a big fan of his vocals. Thus,

i wanted to be surprised by this album of his.

I'm going to skip TRACKS 1 and 2 (VVIP and What about Me) because i have WAAAAAY different views for these two songs haha.

창문을 열어(feat GD) is one SEXY song, i love the harmony of their voices. GD didnt overdo his rap verse and

still put the spotlight of SR's vocals. Soft and sexy vocals meets soft,sexy rap. Perfect combination. It actually

gives me an old song feel..i dont know how to describe it. It's laid back but w/ a punch.

MAGIC- pop-laid back. Im getting the late 90s feel for this song. This is something i'd play on my stereo while

going for a long drive. Cool melody that would make your head bob.

I KNOW (feat IU)- Im really biased with IU haha even with Taeyang. However, i did expect for these two to show their powerful vocals but no, they opted for a more relax song. Somehow a song about COURTSHIP , its sweet melody and vocals would make you want to listen to this during rainy days missing that certain someone.

WHITE LOVE- it's a pop song that grows on you, the repetitive sound makes it an easy song to like.

OUTRO- good Lord! why is it only 2MINS?? why oh why??

i wish they made it into a FULL song to give this a justice. I dont know if i should say its a waste

that they made this an outro but i really would love to hear a full version of this song.

Lately, ive been wanting to hear ballads...this is one hell of a ballad..but alas only 2 minutes.

now to the TITLE TRACKS

VVIP and WHAT ABOUT ME...

i dont hate these but im not a fan. The two songs are like continuation of each other.lol.

Maybe because im not a big fan of these types of music. It gives a redundant feel...anyhow

i'll wait for the MVs..maybe it'll change my mind.

Again, it boils down to personal preference in Music.

Overall, excluding the first two songs. Id say the 5 songs are really well produced giving us

a very different side of Seungri. A musical side of Seungri that I didnt know existed,he really

surprised me. This is a break from GDTOP's hiphop album..

Seungri's album is pop-ish in some sense yet surprisingly refreshing and laid-back.

I kept saying "surprising" because i thought he'd go all out POP a.k.a Justin Timberlake style

though some of the songs gives a hint of JT influence in it.

anyhow JOB WELL DONE MAKNAE!

i hope he performs w/ GD and IU for their songs. ^^

Im happy that YG gave him a chance to showcase his songs to show the fans

his genre of music.

This album is a solid production from Seungri. I want to give him a huge hug/pat in the back for making this album greater than expected and say that I'm proud of him.

One thing that one can tell based on this mini-album is that Seungri's musical style is very very different from Big Bang's, GD's, TOP's, Bae's and Dae's (based on his solo songs). He has more pop influence with a mix of a little bit of rnb/ballad. The vibe of this album is more of pop and chill music. Something you can listen to while relaxing.

So, if your musical preference is totally that of GD & TOP's Vol. 1, a little word of caution. This might not be the album for you and you might have to adjust your expectations. GTOP's album is a little bit more rough and has greater impact when you first hear it. And of course, there's also vocals to factor in. If you're not into Ri's voice, you probably won't like this album.

Since I'm into GD & TOP's type of music, this album was not love at first hear. In fact, I see this album as very Seungri. Seungri is the type of person you have to get used to. He's a grower. Once you get to know him and appreciate his quirks, you will LOVE HIM. Which is the same as this album.

There are songs that are love at first hear for me though. 3 songs in particular: So What, White Love and Magic. These three are the stand out tracks for me. Seungri's voice is perfect for this kind of genre. Leaning towards more pop and easy to the ears.

So What/What do you want from me - I didn't like the teaser as much. It was too dance pop but it grew on me since it's pretty catchy. But when I heard the entire track, I loved the build up to the chorus. The best part of this song the part right before the chorus/hook. Good job to Ri and Big Tone for this song. The entire song>teaser. I'm glad that this is the case because it's usually the other way around. I can totally see why this is the title track.Between GTOP's and Ri's title tracks, I have to say, this is a better choice.

Magic - words cannot express how much I love this song. Choice 37's work is amazing. His beats are fresh. However, I wasn't as into his 'Of All Days' work. It was good but not as good as his 'A Boy' (which is one of my favorites off GD's album) but he has got his groove back. This song lives up to its name. It's indeed magic. This track (together with Outro) shows how far Seungri has gone from being the boy who dances more than sing. Ri's voice is very very smooth here.

White Love - this song is very laid back and something very mainstream. I can almost imagine this in english. It's easy on the ears and has a summer feel to it. I tend to gravitate towards this type of song if I'm listening to pop music since its really pure fun and just gives you that happy vibe. I love the beat of the song.

Now, off to the other songs of this album. The other songs I had to repeat to fully appreciate.

Outro - because I am a sucker for piano, I enjoyed this one. It reminds me of his Next Day solo and his composition in Nineteen. A sentimental track and you can feel emotions outpouring into this one. I like his voice here.

Open Window (ft.GD) - Seungri and GD's tandem works for this song. Seungri's voice is sexy here but there's a tinge of almost pleading/asking. This is not Strong Baby 2.0 which is good for me. While I love SB, I feel like it would be a step back from Ri's growth as a singer. I love GD's rap here. His flow and tone is different from his work in GTOP album. You can see that GD adjusts his rap depending on who he's doing a song with.

I Know (ft.IU) - I can't say much about this collaboration. I'm not a huge fan of IU's voice (though I think she's very very talented vocally). This track is good but I feel like Ri overpowers IU in certain parts. Probably my least favorite at this point. Though I tend to change my mind about songs XD

VVIP - this song is reminiscent of JT's Sexy Back and like others have said before me with a little of Dirty Cash. The song is a bit disjointed in certain areas and doesn't flow as well as the others in the album. There's some retro feel with it. But, it's a grower. It has a certain charm that will draw you in once you listen more to it. It's a fun song.

Overall, this mini is a great 1st effort from a 20-yr old Seungri. The production is great and something Ri should be proud of. He has an ear for beats and he really surprised me with this album. I thought this album would be more of electro-beats dance music. For him to throw in the kinds of songs he did, makes me proud as a fan. It's obvious that he worked hard for this album. Though I feel that he needs a little more maturity certain areas since this album feels young, I suppose it is appropriate with his age now.

So far these songs from Big Bang boys are sort of reflective of where they are in their lives. GTOP feels more mature but it's a product of their experiences in 2009-2010 which made them grow up so much. GD from HB to his contributions in GTOP has shown remarkable growth as a composer. TOP's growing love for rock is reflected in the album as well and the emotions he showed in ITF is capsulized in his songs as well. Meanwhile, Seungri's is young and vibrant which is reflective of a person in transition to being a young adult.

Sorry for the long post. But I just feel so proud at this point that Big Bang has grown into people who can express themselves this well through their music. YG should be credited for developing them into strong composers.

Guest MidnightByul

^

how is it possible that you say things so well? You took the words right out of my mouth. I agree with everything you wrote.

Guest oh`retro

After the first listen, I am sad to say that I did not really like any of the songs. The fast songs are a little J-Pop-ish sounding, which I'm not really a fan of. Open Window (ft. GD) is pretty nice. However, from an objective view, I do think this is a solid album, especially since it's Seungri's first album with his own compositions. I'm super proud of this guy. I can't wait to see the MV because it's going to be HOT. And I can't wait to see him perform these songs live. I'm going to go give the album another listen.

-edit-

After the second listen, I'm starting to really like Open Window. Seungri's voice sounds so sexy. And GD is flawless as always. And I'm also liking Magic too. Seungri sounds so flirty, sexy & fun. I love how he says "ooh baby," he sounds so hot. His voice is so unique & stunning in the outro.

Well,

it may have been some time, but I just had to come here and give a high five to Seungri.

I hope he does very well with this album.

I like nice feel of this album. Very solid, and balanced. Well done Seungri.

Best wishes to everyone. Live a good life, be healthy, and the rest will work out too. We may meet again...but until then,

peace out.

(after all this time.....this place still feels like home...I haven´t stopped watching you from above)

It came out earlier than expected!!

WOW Pandas album is giving off a different vibe from what I expected. Yet you can tell its a Seungri production. For some reason I'm getting a R&B feel from the album rather than just pop.

VVIP -  Have to play this one on the highest volume possible!! "I got something for y'all"  oh maknae can't wait to see the choreo to this one. I'll have to give it some more listens to REALLY get into the song itself but this is definitely a song that grows on you.

What do you want me do - Loving it. :wub: Perfect in every way possible.

Open the windows-  Smooth track. Really want to hear this live for Seungris sweet vocals.  GDs rap HOT!! can't wait for the eng lyrics it might end up being one of my very favs.

Magic  - LOVE IT. Another R&B type track. Where he learned to sing so sexy????.  hope this song don't get banned.

I Know - So love songs are Seungris specialty? lol I'm loving the duet their voices match perfectly.

White love - Sounds like a sweet light hearted song :wub:  Like it a LOT!!!

Though I feel like I've heard that beat somewhere before

:unsure: hopefully maknae and YG were careful

In my world - MUST HAVE THE LYRICS TO THIS PRONTO!!! Automatically my fav song :wub: *melting heart* Seriously if he sung this to me alone I would cry a river.  I'll fly with you forever baby :wub:

Overall I'm beyond happy with this album!!! Seungri worked really hard and it came out really amazing!  :tears: I'm so proud. Why do they all have to be so damn skilled???? Is there anything our BB boys not good at ?? VIP are so lucky. Each member gives us a different music and genre to love and appreciate.

Guest Michala01

Now begins the wait for the MV! I wonder what time we'll get it today ugh probably late as always. It's meant to be out today isn't it unsure.gif 

Sales for Wednesday 

889k.jpg

credit: dcbb 

GOOD WORK RI! biggrin.gif

Guest shinhdeplol

Get a glimpse of Seungri and Hyuna's dance :w00t:

C: zazero18 @ YT

I cant believe how hot its gonna get after editing :P

Fantaken photo of Seungri at Incheon Airport on 110119, returning from Thailand

seungriairport110119.jpg

photo by YUKO&NIKI via babypanda90.sina

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

I don't know what I was expecting for Seungri, but it definitely wasn't this. VVIP absolutely blew any preconceived notions of mine right out of the water. I was expecting something catchy, something flashy, maybe even something where Seungri attempted to make a stand that he wasn't just a STRONG BABY anymore.

Instead, I got something much much more.

I'm just really impressed by this mini-album. Like many have said, it really is high quality work. The instrumentals are gorgeous, the arrangements are well done, his voice is STUN.NING, and while each song is distinctive, as a whole everything just works really well together.

If there was ever a doubt as to whether Seungri was anything more than a dancer in Big Bang, this mini-album proves that he's got more than enough vocal talent to make it in BB, AND as a soloist.

I'll save my breakdown for everything I liked (and didn't like), since music is all subjective anyway, but the thing that I did want to comment on is how personal this album seems and how indicative it is of Seungri's own growth as an artist.

I don't know about the rest of you VIPS, but I was definitely not prepared to witness Lee Seungri's maturity from a teenage kpop "idol" to a full blown music artist in his own right. VVIP remains testament of a boy coming into his own as a singer. As an artist. Not just a dancer. Not just a vocalist in Big Bang. VVIP is without compromise, fully and absolutely Lee Seungri.

Even if some songs sound young, I believe Seungri's voice has matured along with his outlook. He didn't have to make any grand statements the way he did with STRONG BABY. Instead, he created a mini-album and let that speak for himself. And I think that alone says a lot for maknae's maturity.

VVIP, in my opinion, isn't just a mini-album by a kpop "idol." It's not something that should be praised because it was a good effort from one of the members of Big Bang. To me, it is a solid effort of a young artist that catalogs exactly where he is at on his musical journey.

Overall, I really couldn't have asked for more from Seungri. I'm really happy and proud of what he's done with VVIP. ^_^

Archived