★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest doublehh03

^ it's coming soon! i think the next few weeks will be finalizing their comeback performance. hopefully they will revolutionize kpop b/c this year has been somewhat disappointing.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest toozdae08

@propera898

DON'T LIE TO ME!!! DON'T LIE TO ME!! CRAZY FANGIRL HERE.

ELECTRICITY was rumored for a while and I'm not sure how much I believe that title, kfans like to make up titles and tracklists and fool international fans. I'm waiting for an official statement before I believe this. See how bitter and unbelieving YG has made me.

Guest GDBABYBABY

I heard about the date 17th november since 24 oct.

someone try to retweeet this for a week, but I also don't believe it.

I'm not sure about the date, but I really think the title won't be electricity.

it's just a rumor , and all I believe is official statement.

however, thx for an update^^

Guest toozdae08

^

Agreed. I have no problem with the date but the album title doesn't seem real at all.

Until I get an official date from YG I wont believe anything. Hopefully we'll get some news soon, the boys have been awfully quiet lately.

I can't really contribute much on the discussion about the musical direction of the boys since most of you guys have said what I've thought. I've posted a while back that I think this album will be a turning point in Big Bang's musical career and longevity in the kpop business. That's why I'm biting my nails in both anticipation and worry over this comeback. I'm scared and excited at the same time because the turn out can be epic or disastrous depending on how you view things. So, right now, even if I'm totally out of my mind waiting for comeback after all the November is the month of comeback posts, I'm okay with them taking their time to really prepare well for this album. I'd rather they not rush things and release songs that they're not confident in and mvs that are not greatly done. If they need the time, VIPs should be generous enough to allow that.

About autotune, I agree that having autotune does not equal bad music. But as with anything in life, it requires moderation. If done sparingly and only to enhance the natural voice of the singers, it can make a song richer and more pleasing to the ears. I hope Big Bang will use it judiciously for their comeback.

On sampling, I'm okay with it. A good song is a good song, whether it is sampled or not. Knowing that it is sampled will not detract my liking for it. I get sweetflower's point on originality as well. I'd prefer a brand new song as a title track though but not because I find it more creative but because I want to hear something really new from Big Bang themselves - something raw and something they can call as entirely theirs. I guess this issue on sampling is a matter of preference.

on the topic of their international fame, what do you guys think of their popularity in other parts of Asia and the western nations (esp. USA).

i'm from the states (Cali) and the most popular big bang member over here seems to be taeyang. i mean, wedding dress didn't appear to be a huge hit in korea, but it's like the korean theme song over here. EVERYBODY knows wedding dress over here basically.

thoughts

In Australia, at least where I live in Sydney, big bang is considerably popular. I think Tae Yang is most popular as well and seriously, I run the school radio and stuff sometimes and a lot of people request wedding dress. Umm, big bang's haru haru, lies, last farewell -- all of these songs have been really popular.

Guest hayakatsu

hmmm... it's true. internationally, taeyang is definitely the most popular. maybe because he seems more like a guy's guy and non-flashy. or ignorant ppl call it, gay. <_<

but ya know, speaking of "international" fame how about outside of the asian community? like the general public. are they at least acknowledged in a positive way?? because obviously asians are more accepting of the kpop scene, but non-asians are less likely to notice. and definitely more likely to condescend.

and ELECTRICITY is such an unlikely name. i have nothing against it. just don't like the sound of it for their big comeback, y'know? lol.

Was this posted? Anyhow let me just quote one poster

If pure talent, no one will be able to over rule BigBang.. why?? simply because they are a group of Passion.. Achieving high remarks with 1% perspiration & 99% talent & skills... They need not to deal with issues which can ruin their unbeatable success... people disliking BIgbang are just showing their insecurities notwithstanding the fact that they are jealous for BigBang have had already gone far beyond their expectations... once BigBang is on stage, you have no other thing to do shout to the loudest of your voice... with that, it implicates that you are a spectator of an Artist's Performance.. and that is BIGBANG!!! Fighting!~!!.. a world class performance indeed!

i felt like crying to this because im into Kpop since the time HOT,SHINHWA,GOD were reigning supreme on the charts

and BOA just debuted. yes i am that old but i have never stan any group as i have stan BIGBANG. It was not LOVE at FIRST sight but more of knowing how they are with their music and simply be blown away with every performance they have. As i have said they are crossbreeds of being an artists and idols that's why instead of following a trend they actually create the TREND.

There is more to them then what meets the eye and for their activities in Japan. I have to agree with what GDBABYBABY mentioned that Japanese market does have a different taste in music...majority that is. As much as i would

love to see their sales ranking high i can only be contented and happy to see them being respected from other japanese

artists.

For rumored dates..seriously people it made my heart skip a beat!

i think id passed out once the teaser would come out..lulz

for what its worth..waiting and all...BIGBANG is definitely WORLD CLASS

Why Big Bang are legitimate artists and not just another Hallyu act

20101105_bigbang_01.jpg

Male group Big Bang has successfully differentiated themselves from many Korean artists debuting in Japan by relying on their raw talents alone. Consequently, many believe that the group is leading the new wave of male Hallyu stars because they have firmly established themselves as legitimate artists in Japan.

The group performed at the “Seoul Tokyo Music Festival” on November 3rd, held at the Saitama Super Arena. The festival was created to celebrate SBS’s 20th anniversary, and was a collaboration effort with Japan’s TBS.

Over 16,000 fans in their teens and 20’s gathered to see the performances by Korean artists, but Big Bang’s stage managed to garner the hottest response.

A representative of the festival verified Big Bang’s popularity by stating, “The ‘Seoul Tokyo Music Festival’ was very much like a personal ‘Big Bang Concert.‘” While other artists performed 2-3 tracks at most, Big Bang sang a total of five.

Their success can be seen in other areas as well.

Their ‘Big Show Big Bang Live Concert 2010‘ DVD sold 15,000 copies in the first week of its release, and ranked first in the weekly charts for music DVDs. Its predecessor, the ‘2009 Big Bang Live Concert Big Show‘ DVD, also achieved similar results. Additionally, the group’s first official photo book, ‘Big Bang Presents Electric Love Tour 2010,’ locked down a #1 position on Oricon’s photo book ranking.

When we consider their musical achievements, Big Bang’s debut single last year ranked third place on the ‘Oricon Daily Chart’, while their latest Japanese single, “Beautiful Hangover“, ranked at fifth place on the day of its release. Indeed, all of Big Bang’s Japanese releases landed in the ‘top five’ category.

Big Bang never received a rookie award in Korea, but received one in Japan on May 29th at Tokyo’s “MTV World Stage Video Music Awards Japan,” winning a total of three crowns.

A representative of their Japanese marketing team commented, “Big Bang have been promoting themselves not as Hallyu stars, but as artists. Their strength comes from their high quality, highly talented performances. They’ve never lived in Japan but consistently promoted for at least a week for each of their album releases. The response from their Japanese fans are so amazing, that even we’re surprised.”

Big Bang will be returning to Korea with their participation in “2010 YG Family Concert” on December 4th and 5th.

Source + Photos: Osen || ALLKPOP

Guest peppermintsugar

When I was first getting into Big Bang, one of the first, hardcore opinions I heard about them was something along the lines of "Big Bang shouldn't even be called an idol group anymore, they're too talented for that title."

I didn't really understand it at the time, but I think I understand why they said that a lot more now, and I kind of agree. If you compare them to a lot of other idol groups out there, Big Bang just stands out in a way no other group does -- or can.

People that know my kpop interests well know I only stan three groups. Only three. Big Bang, SHINee, and BEAST. I stan these groups because I feel that, although they're all very different in look, style, and composition, they have one major thing in common; they literally drip with talent. Big Bang is, and always will be at the top of this list of talented kpop artists as long as they just keep doing what they have been doing: making incredible music that they love, and that we love, and that means something to them.

Uhhh, sorry for the pointless rant guys lol. I know no1curr.

Guest GDBABYBABY

I saw some comment in allkpop . I really like it and want to share ...

I'm afraid about the drama here. all I gotta say is Bigbang is different .. I know that they re not goona be the king like DBSK in japan but they walk ahead in the different way. I always find the reason about thire popularity in japan. their new style song, their expression , less promote and why they are always out of the rule in japan mainstream. why they got many award (almost 10 awards in one year) but they never reach the 100k album sales. I wonder why they got so much fans everywhere they go, take over all the concert that they appeared by the yellow crown , but why they didn't reach to the number one on oricon single chart. all I think is becuz of their music and their pormotion is not in the mainstream, I rather not like BB japan songs but I always love their performance. it's different , it's still in Bigbang style. they are not change their name to japanese. not try to be somthing that look like japan artist . promote the song just for a week. it's like they are indy boyband there. I also respect DBSK and hope every band will get well in JAPAN music industry , so plz dont try to bash our boy here. they choose their way to be the real artist and want people to see them like that. they didn't want to get the number 1 spot in the rush way. but they need to stay still in the music industry as like the sentense they said.....'2010 2020 2050 maybe, they will split the band or they will die together with the name of BIGBANG'. they also said , their hope wasn't to be number 1 but to make the legend together like U2, or another band that always stay still.

absolutely agree!

I posted this earlier in VIP Lounge but seeing the comments here today, I think this is relevant. I was reading askakorean blog and was reading comments on his article asking for KPOP submissions since he was doing an article on 50 most influential kpop acts. This one got to me. It made me proud of the boys BECAUSE even people who don't really like kpop acknowledge how talented Big Bang boys are:

"I'm also not a huge fan of Big Bang, but I admire the fact that each member has a very distinct identity. They are much more distinguishable to me than most Korean groups, and I actually find them more interesting as solo artists. In particular I gained some respect for 대성 when I discovered that "대박이야" was his song. Few mainstream pop stars would attempt something so musically adventurous. Hype and media overexposure notwithstanding, I think these guys have the potential for some staying power in the long run." --Marc Hogi (ESL Teacher in Korea since 2006)

"And definitely, Big Bang. They're the only major Kpop act I'm aware of who have several songs in English that actually make sense. They're increasingly well known across the region and for whatever reason, display more talent than any of the other current boy band acts I can think of." (t-hype - not much on his profile except he's from Seoul)

http://askakorean.blogspot.com/2010/03/ask-korean-wiki-submit-your-k-pop.html

I checked out their blogs and there's really no mention of kpop in general there. They mostly like indie music and for them acknowledge our boys like this, makes me doubly prouder.

i always do think that Big Bang

is way way better than any guy groups that we have now..

Big Bang was just so independent..i always think that

they always done a good job...

Big Bang can write songs,can produce their own

album,their stage presence, performance and style

was so unique...they always give their 100% on whatever

they were doing..

they have been in the kpop industry for so long..

but they hasn't change a bit..

i like it how those critics have good comments about

our boys..they deserve it..Big Bang had been through a lot

of hardships..but they all endured it..they wanted to

show us what they've got..they dont think on getting the no.1

spot..its as long as they have shown us their best..

and their everlasting friendship,bonding and trust towards

each other..i think that's one of the reason why Big Bang stays

on top...they always watch and take care of each other..they dont forget

to talk about the things that involve the group..they are so

independent...

^

i never really thought of them,

going this far..they have a lot

in store for us..they always gave us

amzing performances...

and it makes us proud...

they also dont forget thanking us,

VIPs...they also know what we have going

through because of supporting them...

Guest juang_bb

i only have this to say...

proud to be a VIP!

i was actually surprised by the almost all positive comments in AKP about that article. coz when you put Big Bang and Japan together, it's like an open invitation for Big Bang bashing. im just happy that VIPs are showing them a lot of love, and are not taking the bait of the trolls to ruin such a nice article.

im just proud that critics, people in the industry and non fans are always praising them and recognize the boys as REAL ARTISTS. i mean, this isnt the first time. i hear some people say, why do VIPs love putting Big Bang on such a "high pedestal" every time, but see... in this case, we aren't even talking but other people gives them the recognition anyway. just love that they've always been a popular choice for critics and industry professionals, since aside from their VIPs... these are the opinions that matter. :D

okay, now that i've said that. let me try to go into hibernation for today. some stuff needs to be done and unless YG releases a comeback date, i must not come out of it lol :lol: so if you see me posting after this, please feel free to kick me out. lmao! :D

Guest shinhdeplol

Just read through all the comments in allkpop about the boys today and I can only say one thing as juang_bb has said:

proud to be a VIP!

Some 240x400 celphone wallies :D

1289044355112.jpg1289044355122.jpg

1289044355102.jpg128904435592.jpg128904435582.jpg

128904435572.jpg1289044418182.jpg1289044418152.jpg

1289044418162.jpg1289044418132.jpg1289044418142.jpg

128904423662.jpg128904423652.jpg128904423642.jpg

128904423632.jpg128904423622.jpg128904423612.jpg

See more here: http://www.bbvipz.com/bbs/view.php?id=bigroom&page=1&sn1=&divpage=3&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=16082&PHPSESSID=1d9ac0b84472c611c80d152e6991c9df

C: GD지디니즘 @ BBVIPZ

HQ scans of Taeyang from「Electric Love Tour」photobook

taeyangeltscan02.jpg

taeyangeltscan01.jpg

source : YBMania.com

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

Guest SeungriIsMine

I have this unsure feeling of 11/17 

ph34r.gif

11/11 keeps getting stuck in my mind. Haha

Here I go again, first i start the 10/10/10 thing now its 11/11/10. Ahaha 

sweatingbullets.gif

But I seriously think they should comeback next year 

sleep.gif

What about you guys? 

Btw, follow  

@seungrifacts on twitter :))

Taken from Allkpop:

Big Bang’s Daesung talks about copycat group OK-Bang

Last year, we reported about OK-Bang and they’re back in the news again. For those of you who aren’t familiar with them, OK-Bang is a Chinese group that basically ripped off Big Bang. They even performed tracks very similar to Big Bang including their hit track ‘Last Farewell.’

At the time of their discovery, OK-Bang received much backlash and criticism from the netizens but it seems Big Bang member Daesung has a different opinion about the group. Daesung recently appeared on the November 6th edition of KBS Entertainment Weekly and shared his thoughts about the group.

The show asked him, “Have you ever heard of OK-Bang?” Daesung replied, “Oh, yes I’ve heard of them before.” When they asked him what he thought of them, Daesung replied, “Since they followed us so closely we were really happy. Since it’s somewhat difficult to discover who we are and find our music, we were excited.”

Interview of Daesung talking about OK BANG

YT vid of OK BANG dancing to "La La La"

cr: Allkpop, YT uploader, & 21Bangs

^ I hesitated to share this because I didn't want this to become a bash fest. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Let's just leave it at that & keep things friendly here.

Guest gauri92

but was it really imitation...or was the new group simply practicing on the Big bang song??? 'cuz if they were, then i feel sorry for them...(i don't mean nay offense to anyone with this statement..!!! really..!!!)

'newayz....the comeback!!! even tho most ppl are saying it might be in the middle of november, i kinda sorta feel tht they might come back in december, with the YG family concert...

Archived