★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i miss them..i'm so sad right now..feel like crying..lol

don't mind me..lol..i just wish that they will have more than 2months of promotion

bc vips deserve that but i doubt it..lol..when the comeback date is nowhere to be seen

Did You Know?-Big Bang Facts

1. G-Dragon loves his maknae, Seung Ri because he never had a younger brother.

2. YB used to feel awkward when left with Daesung.

3. As much as GD loves dogs, Seung Ri is the opposite.

4. TOP and Daesung are close buddies. Daesung once reveals TOP’s unusual habits during one episode in a reality show they were both casted.

5. YB, back then, was literally scared of ladies.

6. During their starting days, Mr. YG doesn’t call Seung Ri by his name. He used to call him “the guy in a red shirt”.

7. Back then, YG staffs though that Daesung doesn’t have the star quality because of his looks.

8. TOP has a deep voice that could awaken a sea of whales.

9. GD has weird habit of wearing shades indoors.

10. YB and GD never had a fight.

11. Back then, TOP and Seung Ri were not close because of the large age gap.

12. GD portrayed roles that includes running three times. Haru Haru, Lies and My Heaven.

13. During their stay at the hostel, YB is in-charge of the laundry. He constantly complained about their small washing machine.

14. TOP is a self-confessed glutton.

15. Seung Ri used to sneaked in GD’s room and tried some of his clothes.

16. GD is a neat-freak. He loves organizing his things and once told that “once you lost them, it’s hard to bu them back”.

17. YB felt insecure of GD because the latter was praised by Mr. YG and his sunbaes more than he was praised.

18. As the maknae, Seung Ri was in-charge of waking up his hyungs and half of all the house chores.

19. During their starting days, it was revealed that TOP is not athletic among the rest.

20. GD was disappointed when his self-composed song, Lies, was decided to be the group’s new single. He had to rewrite it again.

source:babygeedee@tumblr

Guest toozdae08

^

Are these facts real?

Cause

2. YB said he felt awkward when left with Ri - said it during Intimate Note

and

10. YB and GD had that one fight because of that basketball game

Guest Michala01

@Alla

I'm really sad right now too. The MAMA nominations just came out and even though I knew they wouldn't make it in time for some reason it really got to me. tears.gif 

VIPs deserve a lot more than just some richard simmons weak one and a half month promotions. I will hate YG forever if they don't have a lengthy and proper promotional period. 

Ugh just really bitter right now don't mind me 

On the updside, Taeyang was nominated so we gotta get behind him and vote

Guest shinhdeplol

Im sad that the boys wont get anything from MAMA this time too :( But let's try to support Tae as much as possible, he's up for 3 awards and I dont want him to miss any awards like in 2008 >.<

SME, YGE, JYPE on the impact of Youtube and international promotions

112a9gg.jpg

With an increasing amount of Korea’s idol groups heading overseas, Youtube has become a strategic focal point for popular entertainment agencies such as YG Entertainment, SM Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment.

The three immediately realized the potential of Youtube and created official channels as a new promotion measure.

The individual international business teams of the three companies revealed a bit of their thoughts on their Youtube channels and how they’re using it to market their idols.

YG Entertainment

28u1pau.jpg

- How did you come to create a Youtube channel?

YG: “We first used GOM Player and released music videos, mostly catering to just our fans in Korea. However, with Se7en going overseas in 2008 and Big Bang beginning their Japanese promotions, we decided to use Youtube to promote our company to international fans. Youtube also became quite popular in Korea at the same time anyway, so everything coordinated perfectly.”

- Does YGE’s Youtube channel have its own concept?

YG: “There is no special concept, we just matched everything to the hip hop street style that our company is known for. We change the channel layouts for each artist whenever they release a new album. We have also been catering to the international fans by offering a more variety of languages such as Chinese, Japanese, English and many others.”

- What is the usual age range and location for YGE subscribers?

YG: “2NE1 has a lot of international fans in Thailand and the Philippines, and the majority of YGE’s channel subscribers consist of female fans in their teens and 20’s. The channel also gets a lot of hits from the U.S. as well – YGE has just as much popularity in the U.S. as in Asia, actually.”

- What are the merits of using Youtube to promote yourselves?

YG: “We can easily see the stats for each video since Youtube provides a detailed analysis of which country, age group, or gender the video is most popular with. We’re also able to just upload videos without any additional expenses, which gives us a hefty return in advertisement income.”

- How are you using Youtube to promote yourselves?

YG: “We’ll release new songs or music videos first on Youtube to give both Korean and international fans a faster chance at sampling them. We can also use Youtube’s streaming service for our live concerts. Beginning in the new year, we’ll be improving each of our artists’ individual channels so that fans can zoom in and focus on content specific to their interests.”

- Compared to when you first started your channel, how has the way you’ve been using Youtube changed?

YG: “With the release of smartphones, people can search Youtube videos through more various routes. Our company will be attempting to utilize this to our advantage, along with the use of Facebook and individual Twitter accounts.”

- Is there a limit to using Youtube for promotion?

YG: “When artists release a new album and promote it, there’s a lot of content to upload and consequently, there’s more updates. However, once their promotion cycle is over, they usually take an absence ranging from six months to a year. There’s nothing to upload during that time period, so it’s difficult to maintain our subscribers. We’ll be working on trying to come up with a way to decrease that gap as much as possible.”

Full article here

Korean sources: Newsen (YG Interview), (SME Interview), (JYPE Interview)

Source: Allkpop

Taken from omonatheydidnt @ LJ

Guest juang_bb

im posting this here since not everyone goes to YB's solo thread and we need all VIPs' support for this.

if you have an MNET account, please log in and vote for TAEYANG. FOREIGNERS CAN VOTE

here are the current results...

BEST MALE SINGER: Rain 29.1%, TAEYANG 24.3%

BEST DANCE PERFORMANCE: Rain 25.7%, TAEYANG 25.7% (rain is up by 1 vote over YB)

BEST MUSIC VIDEO: 2ne1 29%, TAEYANG (4th) 15%

SONG OF THE YEAR: 2pm 23.8%, TAEYANG (4th) 8%

ARTIST OF THE YEAR: 2pm 24.4%, TAEYANG (4th) 8.7%

note that voting is only a part of the entire criteria for winning. obviously, 2pm fans are the first to start voting like crazy. it's still a long way to go so there's a lot of chance to catch up.

edit: i don't think the ALBUM OF THE YEAR award nominations are up yet. someone said that ALBUM OF THE YEAR is purely judges choice and no voting and TAEYANG IS NOW FIRST IN THE BEST DANCE PERFORMANCE CATEGORY. keep on voting guys!

here's a tutorial i found on how to register: http://ygnxgeneration.wordpress.com/2009/10/24/how-to-register-on-mnet-for-2009-mama-award-for-foreigners/

check if that works because it seems like that tutorial was made for last year's MAMA. i dont know if anything changed in the registration. if there is, maybe someone else can post it

Guest toozdae08

Answered my own question

To Join: https://newmember.mnet.com/Registration/MbrJoinGate.asp

-hit foreigner

To Vote: http://mama.mnet.com/2010/en/AwardVote/AwardVote.asp

-Also use Internet Explorer cause I couldn't join with either firefox or google chrome. And check your spam for your authentication #.

Also wanted to share,

3 LANGUAGE MIX: FOOL'S TEARS

^

A flawless mix of the English, Korean and Japanese version of a Fool's Only Tears/Together Forever/ Candle

which is in my top 5 fav BB songs.

Everyone! Let's show our support to YB! :) Vote here, int'l fans:

http://mama.mnet.com/2010/en/AwardVote/AwardVote.asp

^ Just click at the VOTING START. A pop-up window will open.

Choose Join Mnet.com and then just follow the procedures

to register :)

I know everyone deserves to win but YB has been waiting

for this solo album ever since he started training at YG.

Not being biased here at all. The boy worked so hard

during his promotions~ <3

The boys look so good in this FILA interview! And so close too. It warms my heart so much. And say hi to an even more BINGU Tabi. LOL. I love them SFM! Comeback now!

I'm so excited for them to comeback. Why are they so awesome? I need someone to make a gif of Tabi's "airplane" moves..lmao..he's such a kid! And Jiyong's airport fashion makes me lol especially the yellow shorts.

I miss them so much.

EDIT: LOL. My fangirl spazz makes 0 sense. Anyway, wow, 1k + guests? Everytime there's some sort of update,the numbers just jack up and when people see that there's no news, it goes down. Hmm. I guess it shows how people are just itching for this comeback! I'm excited for Tabi's first nomination. If he wins, he'll probably cry. LOL. I'll probably cry. I'm already so proud of him for being nominated for his first film appearance.

EDIT EDIT: It looks like all of them got a hair cut or was this photoshoot a while back? Ri's, Bae's and Dae's hair look like they are shorter than in their previous appearances.

Anyway, some scaps for you all

71914923.jpg

lipsj.jpg

gd1kc.th.jpg

ty1rs.th.jpg

tabim.th.jpg

daeg.th.jpg

94371813.th.jpg

TODAE LIVES :P

Guest juang_bb

^^^ bwahahaha! that photoshoot LITERALLY made me LAUGH!!! im laughing so hard... OMG!!!

BINGU DAEBAK!!!

everybody's looking good, everybody's in a good mood, everybody's laughing!!!

ahh! YG!!! I WANT MY BOYS BACK NOW!!!

someone has to make GIFs and LOADS of it please!!!

r23t6x.gif

c:woaiweier@omona

btw... the Daejong Awards is tomorrow/later Oct 29th, so i hope Tabi wins and let BINGU SHINE!!! imagine him running around like that if he wins in a SUIT!!! hot and dork all in one!!! :lol:

Guest vstephaniew

wisnc9.jpg

what's up with the forum? is this for real? coz i've been refreshing it and the user readers keeps on going up until it reached 1.2k already then it slowly come down to 200, what's the truth? is this a bug or something? i was like hurrying on reading all the topics coz I've been absent for 2 weeks already and i think i missed a lot. I thought my big bang already released the album i was liked so happy then frustrated when i came to the last page of the forum errr >.<

I want Big Bang now!!~ this is so frustrating...

Guest toozdae08

^

I'm thinking that every time ppl see that's it really active in here they think we got word of BB's comeback cause everyone knows it's close. Yesterday it got active for a bit (we were talking about random stuff) and it was around 750+ ppl.

However,

there's been a lot of problems with the forum lately so maybe that's it.

Anybody knows why they choose I'll be there for the MAMA nominee list instead of I need a girl ? I have no idea with this since I need a girl is included in Solar which the main album Bae promote this year :unsure: .

And how many time can we vote per day ?

Archived