[img=http://pds16.egloos.com/pds/201002/21/86/e0093086_4b8119431dad3.jpg]

[img=http://pds16.egloos.com/pds/201002/21/86/e0093086_4b811947edaeb.jpg]

credit:as tagged&DCGD

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest think_gemini

I do admit that rankings on the charts matter to most fans, but it shouldn't be everything, especially if it's just a CF song.

Come on guys, not every group gets the chance to endorse a cellphone model/line, more so to endorse it for quite some time.

It doesn't mean that since Big Bang isn't #1 in all the charts for Lollipop 2, they're no longer popular. Hello?

Sometimes it also reflects that listeners just might not be into the song.

Do we even realize how good it is for Big Bang to get the 'prized' endorsements?

If they get the 'endorsements that matter', then that's already a proof that they're popular!

I don't want to sound so arrogant or cocky, but Big Bang's group and individual achievements and earnings are something most artists/idols groups can only dream of in their entire idol shelf-life. Sometimes we fans should just be thankful for these things.

I guess its pretty normal to fear our favorite group losing popularity in their homeland. That's part of being a fan. But, as fans, in case them losing popularity is true (which I doubt), let's look at this as a lesson on being humble about our favorite band. We should, like the boys, keep our feet on the ground and just continue on supporting them.As a member of an idol group said, popularity is seasonal. We cannot expect that Big Bang will always be at the top of every chart and we should be grateful that there are still many that support them to catapult them into the top 10. As international fans, we cannot do anything at this point with their popularity with Korean fans. Since many of their fans are teenagers who have the tendency to move from one band to another, we can only hope that they will support the boys when they come back. Right now, Korea seems to love catchy, hook songs. Lollipop 2 isn't much of a hook song if we listen to it.. Plus, they're barely promoting right now. They don't go to variety or have radio shows to keep them visible. I have nothing against idols who do that but what I'm saying is, the more exposure you get, the more likely the song will enter charts. At some point I was also feeling that KVIPs aren't as supportive now as before but if we look into the success of GD's album, I don't think their support is flagging at all. Remember at the time that GD's album was about to be released, they had GDTV to help them promote. Now, they're reduced to me2day which GD or Dae don't even update as much when the songs are released. So, maybe all KVIPs need is a little fanservice from the boys or YG doing some amazing marketing strategy like what he did for 2NE1 to make them feel that their idols are still there doing good music.

Also, I don't want the boys to follow the autotune trend. I think GD has done that for the group. I want BB to comeback with a new style. They've never been trend followers. Big Bang has always been trend setters in my eyes. But having said that, I hope they don't overly go far from their BB style so that their fans can still see BB style. Big Bang is in transition right now, from being boys to becoming men. So, they need to mature musically as well to fit this image. Their transition must be slow but sure and not a complete overhaul.

Sorry for the long post, but that's how I see things.

Guest kresten

think_gemini you are absolutely right! You're not being arrogant or cocky at all because you are just stating facts.

Big Bang, solo or group, has achieved legendary things.

In their 3 and a half year career, they have 1.2million+ albums sold, 5 daesangs in their belt, 7 hit songs, 13+ high profile endorsements, 45 sold out concerts, and many more.

You know the drill.

Next to Seo Taiji and the Boys, H.O.T, Shinhwa and DBSK, it's Big Bang. They are just up there. Fact.

I prefer to be proud of their achievements than self-pity or worry whether they are losing popularity or what.

Guest shinhdeplol

^ I dont think there has been any news about it :D

CN0.7299735_1_1.jpg

SP0.7299736_1_1.jpgT50.7299738_1_1.jpg

Political Animals: Hillary by Fat Cat, Inc.

C: 프다미G @ DCinside

^ TOP's accessories are all so cute :)

Guest ilovearronyan

I still think YG has the Talent>Looks

Looks and Image are two different things.

Honestly most of YG isn't extremely attractive, but they make up for it with their style. Their fashion, hair and other accessories. In the end even if your not attractive, you'll still have a unique, strong and presentable image.

I'm positive that YG still puts talent first. All of Big Bang got in because of their talent People ask why Dara got into YG if YG only looked for talent well Dara was originally a YG actress not a singer. She still had to work hard to be considered a singer of YG.

So no offense but I think your wrong saying that YG is slowly going for looks.

I'm the biggest YG fan and all but if they were really going for looks whoever recruited Big Bang and 2ne1 should get fired lol. Cuz lets face it they're not the best looking idols out there. However they have the most talent, charisma and stage presence out of anyone

I think I just loved you for this comment (: (:

Looks and image are two different things

This is what really needs to be emphasised.

Imo the ones that's NATURALLY got looks are only our two Seunghyuns.

But all 5 of them give different but powerful presences wherever they are.

TALENT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LOOKS

This is just like saying BEAUTY shouldn't only be seen in the outside

but it also depends what's inside. <3

If you're beautiful inside, then that's MUCH better than

being beautiful ONLY on the outside.

Of course, being beautiful in both is a plus!

And Big Bang is not really poor in that department.

I think they're (mad) GOOD-LOOKING and (mad) TALENTED :))

So yeah. I don't know abt you guys.

I just know that we shouldn't question anything as early as now.

Or even predict anything from what we see now.

As fans, we should just anticipate their most-awaited comeback

and support them. REGARDLESS OF THE NEGATIVE ISSUES.

And so i rest my case :D

OHHHH!!! The fancam from ELT made my day.

XD Hahahaha. I can't help but worry that Ji might fall

with all his hyperactiveness =))))

It's great to see him like this though<3

Seeing him enjoying performing...same with the other guys.

That's another important thing!

If they love what they're doing...charts don't matter.

They bring good music, we love them. <3

Figures are just figures, yes?

Guest maxim16

i have been reading different views here about bigbang, are they popular or not so anymore? talent versus looks. my opinion is based on my first impression, i wont deny that the bigbang boys are not good-looking compared to other idol groups but this was before their debut, trainee days (documentary) said it all, that time youngbae was sporting a kinda afro style, gdragon a little bit chubbier, dae where everyone was surprise why he was scouted by YG, seungri so young and skinny and top? oops, im sorry but he is always good looking to me, lol. anyway, those were predebut days, however, their stylist in fact did a good job, especially with youngbae, i cant even figure out how he turned into the present youngbae, moreover,i dont think it is all about looks per se, of course we have too deal with that since the first thing we appreciate in an artist is looks, however, these boys charismatic appeal is undeniable, for the fact that no other idol groups could just performed on stage even without sychronous dancing could turn the performance into a party...they delivered effectively.

chartwise, lollipop2 even though does not garnered much attention compared to lollipop 1 but for the cf song to reach number in some of the charts is already a successs. we should not forget that as fans we have to support them all the way, and i dont complain much whether the people are loving the song or not as long as the boys are proud of their work it is fine with me. ;)

Guest shinhdeplol

posted?

YZ0.7301790_1_1.jpg

2R0.7301819_1_1.jpg

C: fuanner @ dsholic

Dae looks more handsome each day. There is one comment on omonatheydidnt that I really like "Daesung is like a good wine, he gets better with age" <3333333

posted?

http://c.upanh.com/upload/3/195/YZ0.7301790_1_1.jpg

http://c.upanh.com/upload/3/195/2R0.7301819_1_1.jpg

C: fuanner @ dsholic

Dae looks more handsome each day. There is one comment on omonatheydidnt that I really like "Daesung is like a good wine, he gets better with age" <3333333

Agree!! Daesung is getting more and more handsome everyday I see him.

I miss big bang music. I hope they'll come back as soon as possible to dominate korea's music again. :D

Guest geminine10

HELLO soompiers!

it's my 1st time to post here in soompi...

and also i'm a new comer in the soompi family...

Hope you welcome ME...

anyways, just wanna ask...

Do you think GD and Dara into something???

because i saw many similarities of them...

try to watch this:

the MVs are actually a compilation of GD and Dara similarities...

Don't get me wrong guys...i just wanna ask you, or should i say just wanna know the answer...

maybe some of you are friends of GD or Dara...just try to get some informations...

Guest kresten

@geminine10, Certainly not. Big Bang and 2NE1 members share clothes, accessories and styles so the similarities with GD's and Dara's clothing shouldn't be surprising. All the other 2NE1 members have worn clothes and accessories that Jiyong have once worn. Kk.

@maxim16, I couldn't agree more to what you said. What is amazing about Big Bang is the GREAT ENERGY that they bring up on stage. You're right when you said that they don't even need synchronized moves or choreographed dancing just to provide us EPIC STAGES. Their energy and charisma is more than enough to make each and every performance OUTSTANDING. This is definitely what sets them apart from other idol groups.

@shinhdeplol, thanks for Dae's screen caps. Dae is soooo cute and charming. His eyes and smile is sooo wonderful, and he is also growing up to be a fine man. I always forget that he and Seungri are just 1.8 years apart.

@jiyongiebaby83, YES! My thoughts exactly! The Big Bang that we know today is MAAAAAD talented and MAAAAAD good looking. Lucky us!

Also, I'm sure that once Big Bang comes back, we will have PLENTY OF PRODIGAL FANS! Some people just grew tired of waiting for something new, and so they snooped out and tasted other delicacies and other groups. They've fallen out of love with Big Bang, but I they will eventually realize that their true love is these 5 amazing boys.

I personally know someone who went astray. A close friend of mine was madly in love with Big Bang last year. But because Big Bang was inactive and didn't bring anything new to the Kpop table, she got tired and found love on other groups. First it was puppy love with 2PM, and now she found true love with Beast. Of course those boys are amazing too. But a big part of me still hopes that this friend of mine would eventually realize that Big Bang was her first love, and is her true love. Cheesy much? I hope the same for all the prodigal VIPs. I know this is too much to wish for, but certainly not impossible.

Guest juang_bb

we are having a real discussion here. first, it's nice that VIPs are able to have a discussion about the boys without bashing and keeping it in a very respectful manner despite some disagreements on opinions. just recently it was about our maknae and now about BB. I just had to say my piece. I, personally, am disappointed, not about the Lollipop2 chart rankings, but on some fans doubting Big Bang status. as i was reading some posts, it seemed like all of a sudden some fans are judging them just because of a cf song and when you read these posts, it is sad. Let's face, lollipop1's success and all the hype surrounding it was an exception. it is very hard to duplicate. I love lollipop2 more as a song, but in terms of hype and promotions, i don't think it is near what they had for the first. However, eventhough i disagree with some fans here, I know we are all just concerned for Big Bang. Otherwise, we wouldn't even have this lengthy discussion. It's just that some are more pessimistic than others and vice versa. Personally, I am happy with the release of lollipop2 and it's more of a treat for the patiently waiting VIPs. When it's time for their actual comeback, I am very confident that they'll do well. I mean, GD killed the competition by himself.

on a more positive note, I am so happy to see DaeRi on Music Core! love those two! and thanks for more ELT pics too! This thread is just moving soooo fast, I had to back read a lot of pages so I haven't seen the new ELT fancams yet. see?!? BB barely even made a comeback yet and this thread is flying! I hope they drop the lollipop2 MV soon. btw, what are we looking forward to next?!? is it going to be the mar6 lotte event? still 2 weeks!

ooohhh... TABI and JI, why must you two be so hot?!?

@geminine10 i understand it is your first post on soompi, but try going to YGL instead, they have threads there for shipping. just so you know, some people can get really sensitive about these shippings. it was bad on 2ne1's thread and we know 2ne1 and bb share fans! lol! i just don't want that kind of negativity here in BB thread. we already have enough negativity here for the time being. personally, i could care less about shipping posts but i've seen the worse of these shipping wars so, yeah, I am on the defensive side here.

speaking of pairing, i've seen the go crazy vids.. and there's a lot of TODAE!!! i miss them! as much as i love GRI, i really want to see more BINGU-DAE, they crack me up everytime.

Guest tearjerker

geminine10: Hey dear! Thanks for your post, I've actually seen your vids in YT but I just need to orient you that there are other places suited for spazzing. We don't want to mislead the non-shippers; this is primarily for Big Bang updates. I'll PM you the link of our fansite, we definitely want to hear from you!

For the rest of the patrons of this thread, thanks for being open and understanding. Carry on!

edit:

I honestly haven't been keeping myself updated with Big Bang news, except for the release of Lollipop2 and I was quite surprised to find out that it hasn't been doing well in the charts as expected. It's not as catchy as the first one but the funk is still definitely there. It's still the Big Bang style that I know and love and I guess since it's just for a CF, I've already consoled myself with the idea that rankings aren't as important. But yeah, when they finally make their comeback, they'll most definitely pwn it. :D there's no one else like them, hehehe now I'm being cocky.. Mianhe. :) VIPs unite!

I like the Stylish fancam of GD at ELT. gdsupporters always post best fancams in HD

on the other hand, unseen fancams from Big Show

100129-30 BIG SHOW(TOP ver).flv

100129 BIGSHOW - Hallelujah(TOP ver) .flv

thx choi871104 @ YT for the uploads

Guest thart143

@ geminine10- you know what i'm also wondering between the two( GD and Dara) because few weeks ago i watched some of their MVs at youtube (specifically made by RYELSI7) i can see in those MVs that there's really something between the two...because as we all know GD and Dara are really close before( when dara was still a yg trainee) but on GD TV , BB TV or even in 2ne1 TV you'll see that there's no really interaction between the two...it seems like they're hidden something (well infact they're really close before and i think until now...right?)

@geminine10, Certainly not. Big Bang and 2NE1 members share clothes, accessories and styles so the similarities with GD's and Dara's clothing shouldn't be surprising. All the other 2NE1 members have worn clothes and accessories that Jiyong have once worn. Kk.

yes i agree with you also kresten BUT as you can see with those videos...there's A LOT of similarities with GD and Dara...while when it comes to CL, Bom and minzy you can only count the things that GD lend them...i think if we count it, more or less 5 or 3...right? with Dara there's really many similarities...just like the hair things, the're moves and style...

Archived