[SUB-UNIT] ♪♬♪ GD & TOP ♪♬♪

leslie_lei

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sw8et_vietgurl

There has been so much negativities in here( bigbang forum) lately. It's unbelievable. Where is the YG family love? Well Happy new year everyone! To new beginning and hope YG family's fans will be united in 2011. Hope the boys all the success to come. 2011 will definately be their year :) :)

Guest peppermintsugar

Can I just say something? What's with all the negative votes on some people's posts? Come on, can we just respect everybody's opinions here? Just because a post is not filled with positive spazzing & has some negative criticism doesn't mean people have to thumb it down. Not everyone is going to have the same opinions as you, it's very immature to thumb down other people's posts just because you don't agree with it. I've been wanting to say this for awhile now.

Anyways, I'm always a huge fan of Big Bang & 2NE1 collabs because I'm a Blackjack as well. I think Minji pulled off her part really well, along with CL. HOWEVER, what I didn't like about the collab was that Bom barely got to sing any parts! Come on, it's HER song, she's the one who's supposed to be featured in it. It's unfair to her. Besides that, I loved the performance.

GD & Top were awesome during High High! GD's suit was...interesting, LOL. I love how he was like "Hello 2011!" His English is always so adorable. I can't wait for Knock Out's MV! :)

I agree with you about the thumbing down things just because. I find the reputation system annoying for that small reason but I wish people wouldn't abuse it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and there's nothing wrong with not loving every single small little thing that the boys, or YG Family in it's entirety, do.

Please, let's all be respectful. If you don't agree with someones opinion just ignore them :] Or feel free to maturely express your opposing opinion. Nothing wrong with discussion, in fact, it's encouraged, but a little red number offers nothing constructive to anyone :]

Anyways, I loved the performance, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could download the recording of the performance! I normally don't download them which I why I don't know where to find them but I'd really like this one, so if you have a reliable place you like to go please do let me know, thanks!

Guest lumierie

I guess it's time to break my silence too. I've been wanting to post here for the longest time, but I often get intimidated by the long time posters in this section. (My first post was the yg family card inquiry). Yes everybody is entitled to their opinion but from what I've read here some of them are very hurtful.

Other YG family members are nothing but thankful for the support of their fellow family members, and from what I've read from other YG family threads, collabs were most often welcomed and often looked forward to. If it didn't pass their standards, they either give constructive cristiscms or they just don't say anything about it at all. But here I find that some comments are "scathing" , if you don't like it then you could've just said "I still prefer the original version" and let's leave it at that. Or again, just don't say anything at all.

Yes, this is a GD&TOP thread on a BigBang section, but that doesn't mean that you can say whatever you ike against other artists especially if it involves a FAMILY MEMBER. If you do believe that YG Family is indead a family. Put yourselves in their shoes, you surely don't want to hear your fans saying those things to your sisters.

Can't we all just treat the collab as a FAMILY THING. Family wanting to stand on the same stage together and have fun together and showing support for each other.

(I think all this hostility stems from the fact that we are still waiting for BIGBANG to comebacka nd all this waiting are driving some of us insane)

Don't you think it's a better idea i we would just spend our energy into something more productive like, spreading the BIGBANG fever to others, and gain more following for BIGBANG. It give me joy whenever I'm able to influence someone into liking BigBang.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to end my TLDR post (Sorry about that, I tried to shorten it but .. um .. yeah). Again, could someone please help me with this YG family card registration thing :P . I've never tried this before. And I don't want to waste my 1 and only chance to get something from the raffle. I paid a hefty amount for the shipping and customs fees just to get the album, so I want to make the most out of it.

Thanks!

Oh look our first mini argument Welcome 2011 welcome  :lol:

I honestly don't have a problem with BB2NE1 stage collabs. And Its not like its shoved on us 24/7 but usually for special events or concerts.  However for music collabs I do have my limits. Don't get me wrong I love all of BB2NE1 collabs in the past but for BBs new album I want it to be purely BB and not some way for YG to advertise 2NE1s talents or YG Fam unity. Hes owes us at least that much.

Guest Jaejoongsgirl<3

well I didnt have a problem with the collab its the end of the new year and its a the GAYO DAEJUN and i thought it was appropriate for the occasion I mean if it was like during a regular music show and 2ne1 appeared out of nowhere it would be weird but during the GAYO all the artists have combined and join stages ex(Miss A/2pm, Super Junior/F(x), CN Blue/Fti) so it was BB and 2ne1.

But I have to say that at first it was cute and fun all the BB/2ne1 interactions and joint stages but I seriously want BB to collab with OTHER artists not from their company. I really want the WONDERBANG days to return and see more FRESH COLLABORATIONS!

I mean yeah it was 2ne1 (yet again) but all the other artists had special stages and collabs so although it was the same old same old it was a nice mix up.

Happy New Years guys! ;)

Guest juang_bb

we are in a BIGBANG forum so i guess we should just respect the fact that NOT ALL VIPS ARE 2NE1 FANS. for as long as nobody's bashing other artists, i dont see anything wrong if some VIPs express their opinions about a performance. its pretty much the same with any other performances, some will find it entertaining, some dont. as a VIP, i guess its understandable if some are only interested with the boys.

i personally enjoyed the performance, it was fun. and the boys are looking adorable and they look very happy too!

the bow that they did, i guess it's clear now who's the girl in this couple. LOL :P i remember reading a post in bestiz where kvips noticed the error in GTOP's classification in Melon... they were listed as a MIXED GROUP. LOL so who's the girl then? i guess with the bow, now we're clear. LOL.

anyway, i believe the boys should be in INKIGAYO later. im hoping for another win! :D

again, HAPPY NEW YEAR VIPs!!!!

Guest Michala01

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 

Oh I see we're having a heated discussion laugh.gif

Honestly when I watched the MBC performance I really liked 'Oh Yeah". I liked how Minzy and CL changed the feel of the song with their different takes on the chorus. I enjoyed it smile.gif 

I think the discontent some vipz feel about 2ne1 performing with GTOP stems from a deeper issue, one that has been festering for about a year now. It's not so much a dislike towards the girls people are expressing but a frustration with YG in general. 

I am not going to judge those people that are angry about the performance because I completely understand where they are coming from and I agree with them to some extent. I don't feel it's fair for us to hate on the girls for something we have against YG, his handling of big bang, and GTOP promotions overall, and I'll leave it at that. 

I am really excited for tomorrow! we get the Knock Out MV! Can't wait biggrin.gif

I'll leave a little present too, a fancam from MBC gayo. It hasn't been uploaded on youtube yet but you can watch it HERE 

I love love love their suits wub.gif

Guest doublehh03

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! 

Oh I see we're having a heated discussion *quoted image*

Honestly when I watched the MBC performance I really liked 'Oh Yeah". I liked how Minzy and CL changed the feel of the song with their different takes on the chorus. I enjoyed it *quoted image* 

I think the discontent some vipz feel about 2ne1 performing with GTOP stems from a deeper issue, one that has been festering for about a year now. It's not so much a dislike towards the girls people are expressing but a frustration with YG in general. 

I am not going to judge those people that are angry about the performance because I completely understand where they are coming from and I agree with them to some extent. I don't feel it's fair for us to hate on the girls for something we have against YG, his handling of big bang, and GTOP promotions overall, and I'll leave it at that. 

I am really excited for tomorrow! we get the Knock Out MV! Can't wait *quoted image*

I'll leave a little present too, a fancam from MBC gayo. It hasn't been uploaded on youtube yet but you can watch it HERE 

I love love love their suits *quoted image*

i think YG takes BB's popularity for granted. it's like, i don't even need to promote them that much and they will sell. in one week, GD/TOP already sold as much as 2NE1 new album. i mean, if you're YG, why put more effort?

but i wish he would. why don't you promote this one of a kind group even more? this group is the most versatile and most talented in all of korea. all of them can go solos and hold their own if they want to.

Guest toozdae08

wow, there's been a lot of discussion here and it got a bit heated.

Personally, I thought the collaboration was alright - nothing I would write home about but they did good. I was disappointed that GTOP only got 1 song - sorry but Oh Yeah turned into a 2NE1 song considering the amount of camera time and focus the girls got. I think a lot of us would have viewed the collaboration more if the boys were not so shortchanged on time - if we had gotten a Knock Out performance with the OY and HH, I don't think anyone would have been this upset.

However, it's nothing to get too upset about. I had fun, the boys had fun too. I think what we're most pissed about is the way YG has been handling promos as well as the fact that a lot of the songs on the album have been banned. I expected some songs to be banned but not this quickly - they usually wait at least a month.

Anyway, I hope we can move on from this and turn our attention to what is really important which is GD and TOP. ONly a few more days before we get a new mv and also one from Ri too. It's a good time to be a VIP so there's no need to be so upset.

Guest TheExConvict

i was actually a bit disappointed coz the other members performed and i wasn't able to have my feed of TOP and BOM interaction...lol :lol:

but i love 2NE1 ofcourse, i just prefer GD+TOP+BOM for  "oh yeah" more.

Guest juang_bb

^^^ LOL!!! that's what im looking forward most too, my dose of GTOP+BOM interaction. OH YEAH is my not my fave in the album, i would honestly prefer HH and especially KO more, but i look forward to OH YEAH perfs because of BOMMIE being there with the boys. :D

and btw... ASIAE hasnt posted the english trans of their interview with both GTOP yet, right? the 3rd part after their solo interviews. im looking forward to that coz i checked the korean and it looks like they talked a lot about BB's album too!

Wow, we're back in drama mode again I see.

About the whole collaboration issue,no one's really been dissing or attacking 2NE1.Just expressing displeasure that GTOP seems to get so little time in the gayos. They've had to share so much of their stage for MBC Gayo and even in SBS. They only sang 1 song that's entirely theirs. I think what frustrates some is that YG forgets that not all VIPs are BJs. Just like the reverse is true. I know some BJs are not really interested in Big Bang as a group or even some as individuals. Just imagine if the reverse happened. Imagine if it's 2NE1 who sang only 1 song, say Go Away then they feature GTOP on the 2nd one where most of the camera time went to GTOP and barely some for the girls. Won't you feel a little shortchanged? Like wow that's so fast and too short.

Some VIPs only really care about Big Bang; some like 2NE1 but not to the extent of being fans. This is specially true for fans who have been in the YG fandom longer and got to know Big Bang first.

What I'm saying is, please don't judge VIPs for not liking the collab. Some might come off as having strong opinions, but Big Bang has been having so much issues lately that it's almost impossible not to complain. Sorry, but YG is just making this promotions difficult for VIPs to 100% just enjoy the performances. And it's not just IVIPs overreacting, but KVIPs and even non-fans have been noticing (check Hanteo Boards/bestiz/DC inside). So, I guess that's where the negativity has been coming from.

Personally, I love both. I enjoyed the OY stage as much as I did HH. But that's because I love 2NE1 too and I'm fond of all the members as individuals and as a group. But as a VIP first, there are days when I want the focus solely on Big Bang especially since it is their promotions. The Bom feature are GTOP's decision though so I'm good with that. I think what this Big Bang promotion cycle seeks to repeat is something similar with their debut days when they released singles first with Bom before the actual group activities start. Like GD said, its all about going back to the basics. Except this time, they wanted to level up the game.

I believe 2NE1 have already sufficiently established themselves apart from Big Bang and can no longer be tagged as 'female Big Bang'. They have independently created a style of their own, and a separate fandom and following so there is no longer any need for YG to get Big Bang to promote them. This is how much I believe in them. So, YG should let them be separate groups and while I'm not opposed to collabs, maybe a little less of that in the future.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the KO MV! Come on guys, it's coming so soon. I wonder what kind of crazy they did for the MV. And Ri's album is coming out soon too. Let's just look forward to it and I guess be more understanding of each other, ok?

Guest propera898

lol i also really liked the collab but i agree , this is about GD&TOP so 2en1 should stop getting on their performance cuz even if they are just doing it for fun or cuz they say them , they are only getting antis and making it seem like they want spotlight ...

thats all lol

i found this fancam , its with SNDS jessica & TOP , she kept looking at him xD its so obivios she cant take her eyes off him >3 she is so cute lol

MBC ending , jessica has fallen for TOP?

Guest li_nikoru

Hello everybody!!!

Happy New year!! I'm sure will have a 2011 packed with Big Bangs songs and awesome performances :D

Well, I'm gonna change the subject a little... Does anyone know if Inkigayo is going to be on air tomorrow/today???

Cause I think SBS is going to broadcaste the Seoul Tokyo Festival around 3 o'clock.. but I don't know if Inkigayo is going to be on :P

And another thing.. I've been thinking lately that well, a lot of have noticed how GD kinda looks like Shikamaru with his new hair with a ponytail... but anyone has noticed how TOP's hair seems inspired in another Naruto character?? .. Kakashi!!!! Do you think they really thought about this anime characters or is it just a coincidence???

XD

Just a funny thought :P

@li_nikoru: YES!!!! Hahahahha. I thought they rly had NARUTO as a concept. XD

Anyway...

I'm not much of a 2ne1 fan so you cant do anything about it if i ddnt like the ohyeah perf. :)

I do love the version of Minzy and CL though. Dara...uhhh...everyone is saying that her

part was so cute and everything but it was just a mess for me. But ok. Gonna zip my mouth abt that.

Daragon followers or Dara stans would probably kill me after this. TROLOLOLOL.

Bom still best fits the song. When she came out, i uttered a THANK GOD. Love how GTOP introduced

her and they were all cheering for her on her part.

And i think people should accept the fact that not all VIPs are blackjacks.

Even if we are YG fam fans, it dsnt mean we stan 2ne1 too so i hope we can all

respect each other's opinions here. Besides, this is a bb forum XD What do you expect?

GD and TOP were looking fine in their outfits btw!!!!

Guest candyapple1111

WOW I'm not the only who thought 2ne1 did great but I really missed out on TOPBOM. Unfair. When I watched the performance i did notice that the camera time mainly went to the girls and GD keeps getting left out. I think he needs to ditch the hat and glasses who can see his face.

Here's some fancams My linkTOPBOM

Guest sakime-yong

I support their Yg family supports.

But I think the GDTOPBOM much becomes much more of 2ne1 song am now more liking the SBS gayo than MBC(sorry guuys this is really what I think.

Although Im a YG fan as well but Im more BB

I really hope YG would promote BB much BIG this time!

Im so lost and empty last two years waiting for them lol.

Im loyal certified VIP's and to fed my hung YG should really fulfill that!

IM excited for K.O MV wonder what would the MV will be?

Guest wanderlove

The case about the collab between GDTOP&2NE1 is like what happened in SBS GAYO 2009 .. 2NE1 only performed one song, Fire which was pre-recorded and then have to share the stage with GD&Taeyang...

But from what I see the performance wasn't intended to be a collab since GD&TOP was in the WHITE TEAM while 2NE1 was in the BLUE TEAM.. and most artists did have something of a comptetion performance in MBC GAYO..and YGE artists just incorporated it with the 'OH Yeah' performance.. this heated discussion wouldn't have been like this if GDTOP&2NE1 performed other songs.. maybe..

I do think that there is nothing wrong with the collab at all.. they had fun.. GD&TOP will have more performance that won't be shared with anyone. It's a one time thing.

Anyways, we're all just going to agree to disagree on this issue.. i'm going to walk away from it now..

on the other hand, is YG going to release the 'Knock Out' music video? I am really excited.. and is there INKI today? if there is i am hoping that they do win.. :)

Archived