[Drama 2010] Smile, Dong-hae / Smile Again 웃어라 동해야

Guest fanda4000

I can't read this but from what I saw of the previews- SW is the key since she now saw twice that DJ was meeting with SN. I wonder if she'll blackmail her way into DJ's side again or get revenge on him for casting her aside.

And poor GP and GM- this was fast to know that money was missing. But then again, it's episode 139- there's only 10 episodes that are left... or 160 if they go up that high. (But sincerely, I hope not.)

GM told GP not to trust HS because if they kept her around them no telling what would happen to them. All of this will fall on GP head because he's the Chairman and should be watching his people and the money. He's not going to think that HS and DJ had anything to do with this until it walks up and slaps him in the face.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest farhah1986

GM told GP not to trust HS because if they kept her around them no telling what would happen to them. All of this will fall on GP head because he's the Chairman and should be watching his people and the money. He's not going to think that HS and DJ had anything to do with this until it walks up and slaps him in the face.

I guess GP gonna be in a big problem caused by HS...I worried that GP got collapse and HS take control  of all hotel operation.If that happen then DH will be in dangerous situation cause it seems that HS ordered him to report all matter about kimchee business to her like she know what gonna happen.HS is ungrateful to the person that believe to her for 30 years.The two face chef also look like suspicious in this episode further more with he assign at Taebon Kimchee,I got a feeling he will do something unethical but I hope TH and BY dad caught him red handed.From the preview it seems that GP will be investigated....thats why I said he shouldn't trust HS anymore after all the lies she did.With no doubt GM will suspect HS involved in this mess.Does it mean this drama gonna end at 150?Because if it end at 160,it still have long way to go since they already know that the fund already missing.About SW she know something suspicious is going around..what will she do?I hope she will do a right thing now.

Sometime i thinking that let HS and DJ got the hotel that they adore so much...

And let KJ, GM, GP leave them alone... They got no one beside them, let they know how miserable life without love and family. That they just can watch how DH, Anna, KJ, GM and GP live together happily even without the hotel.

EP139 TRANSLATION

After partnering up with Tae-Bong, Camellia Kimchi's brand image has been improving and as the recall requests have been decreasing, DH greatly rejoices. As DJ & SW planned, the IRS comes and confiscates everything for investigation and this upsets PY. HS pretends not to know anything about this situation. Meanwhile, Chef Bang is working at Tae-Bong Kimchi's factory and runs into SN who came to drop off the twins. He is surprised to find out the woman he's been thinking about is TH's mother-in-law...

Hopefully SW has saw the light and will not try to help DJ and HS but help to stop them. Everything was going so well for the Lee family and this happens with GP right when they decide to go into business again with the hotel.

EP139 TRANSLATION

After partnering up with Tae-Bong, Camellia Kimchi's brand image has been improving and as the recall requests have been decreasing, DH greatly rejoices. As DJ & SW planned, the IRS comes and confiscates everything for investigation and this upsets PY. HS pretends not to know anything about this situation. Meanwhile, Chef Bang is working at Tae-Bong Kimchi's factory and runs into SN who came to drop off the twins. He is surprised to find out the woman he's been thinking about is TH's mother-in-law...

This is a mess. I'm really surprise that this drama has gone on as long as it has. I checked the rating which have been in the 40% range up until eps 136 when the plot to take over the hotel really started to take shape the ratings have dropped down into the 30% range. In Seoul for ep 137 they rated a 36%. Nationwside 38%. Also the number of eps have been changed from 100+ to 159.  KBS has a bulletin board which I was reading and people are upset and complaining about the crimes that have been committed in this drama and continue to keep happening. Especially with the characters of Anna and now the Grandparents. (The elderly and the disabled)  Also the fact that this is broardcasted at primetime and listed as a family drama.

Guest farhah1986

EP139 TRANSLATION

How could GP never thought that all this mess caused by HS and DJ when the project is given to them?HS and DJ dare to put the old man in this kind of situation.HS and DJ with thick skin pretend know nothing!?I hope this matter won't get prolong too much.It does not seem GM know anything about this.Taebon just started their business again with Camillia because of DH and GP sincere heart but now they try to create problem for them when Camillia Kimchee business almost get back in business.Its not fair for Lee's family and DH,GM and GP get suffered because of this while HS and DJ get away from their crime.I can't bear to see what happen after this.

I can't read this but from what I saw of the previews- SW is the key since she now saw twice that DJ was meeting with SN. I wonder if she'll blackmail her way into DJ's side again or get revenge on him for casting her aside.

And poor GP and GM- this was fast to know that money was missing. But then again, it's episode 139- there's only 10 episodes that are left... or 160 if they go up that high. (But sincerely, I hope not.)

According to DramaWiki this drama will have 159 eps ending May 13th. The drama replacing this will be The Women Of Our Home starting May 16th.

How could GP never thought that all this mess caused by HS and DJ when the project is given to them?HS and DJ dare to put the old man in this kind of situation.HS and DJ with thick skin pretend know nothing!?I hope this matter won't get prolong too much.It does not seem GM know anything about this.Taebon just started their business again with Camillia because of DH and GP sincere heart but now they try to create problem for them when Camillia Kimchee business almost get back in business.Its not fair for Lee's family and DH,GM and GP get suffered because of this while HS and DJ get away from their crime.I can't bear to see what happen after this.

This has truely been a ruff drama to watch. Hopefully this deception does not drag on for to long. After Friday there are 20 more eps to go. I hope they don't take it down to the last 10 or less eps for this mess to be resolved, This is one drama where I want to see the evil doers punished for their crimes.  An ending of I'm sorry (KJ's favorite line) and all is forgiven will not do it for me.

According to DramaWiki this drama will have 159 eps ending May 13th. The drama replacing this will be The Women Of Our Home starting May 16th.

Four weeks is a long time for nonsense. I hope the writers will at least come up with an interesting storyline for us to enjoy.

Guest LadyBella84

Hello all. First time poster, longtime lurker. In epi 138, I was wondering about the scene with Anna and her parents. They obviously went to see if they could 'fix' Anna...what was the outcome? I'm watching this w/o subs. Thanks to anyone who could answer. ;)

Guest farhah1986

This has truely been a ruff drama to watch. Hopefully this deception does not drag on for to long. After Friday there are 20 more eps to go. I hope they don't take it down to the last 10 or less eps for this mess to be resolved, This is one drama where I want to see the evil doers punished for their crimes. An ending of I'm sorry (KJ's favorite line) and all is forgiven will not do it for me.

If this drama really end at 159,it still a long way to go with 20 more episode.What I think is that DH and Lee's family gonna be in trouble for at least 10 episode while another 10 episode will be HS and DJ dig their own grave.But still its too long for HS and DJ deception to reveal.Will BY's mom change her mind again about marrying her to DH because trouble that Camillia have now?

Will HS and DJ take over the Kimchee business from DH since GP being investigated...if that happen then Taebon will be in trouble since they partner with Camillia because of DH.Moreover its not fair for DH who's the one solve the problem of Camillia Kimchee while they easily take his effort as theirs.I hope SW will do something good this time..I think she still has a soft spot with DJ,so maybe she will try to prevent DJ knowing the fact that what he did will bring harm to him.

Will GP collapse with this sudden attack?Even so I hope He won't collapse too long making DH in difficult situation.With GM not in a good heath she must be in shock with what happen to the hotel.DJ not grateful with GP that still care for him,even worried with his marriage.

Hello all. First time poster, longtime lurker. In epi 138, I was wondering about the scene with Anna and her parents. They obviously went to see if they could 'fix' Anna...what was the outcome? I'm watching this w/o subs. Thanks to anyone who could answer. ;)

There is no cure for Anna- at least not yet. There has been some experiments with DNA modification but they are not safe yet.

In the doc's experience, most people do not recover from a trauma that Anna had during the typhoon.

Guest LadyBella84

There is no cure for Anna- at least not yet. There has been some experiments with DNA modification but they are not safe yet.

In the doc's experience, most people do not recover from a trauma that Anna had during the typhoon.

Thanks so much for answering. I saw they were all crying, I wasnt sure if they were tears of joy or not. But one of the few words I understood was when Anna said sorry to her mother.

If this drama really end at 159,it still a long way to go with 20 more episode.What I think is that DH and Lee's family gonna be in trouble for at least 10 episode while another 10 episode will be HS and DJ dig their own grave.But still its too long for HS and DJ deception to reveal.Will BY's mom change her mind again about marrying her to DH because trouble that Camillia have now?

Will HS and DJ take over the Kimchee business from DH since GP being investigated...if that happen then Taebon will be in trouble since they partner with Camillia because of DH.Moreover its not fair for DH who's the one solve the problem of Camillia Kimchee while they easily take his effort as theirs.I hope SW will do something good this time..I think she still has a soft spot with DJ,so maybe she will try to prevent DJ  knowing the fact that what he did will bring harm to him.

Will GP collapse with this sudden attack?Even so I hope He won't collapse too long making DH in difficult situation.With GM not in a good heath she must be in shock with what happen to the hotel.DJ not grateful with GP that still care for him,even worried with his marriage.

I have given up trying to quess where this drama is going. Who knows where this writer will take us next. I really thought the suffering was over. The trouble could be over next week or it could last another 2 weeks. After all the misery and suffering we have seen. Hopefully we will get to see some happy times soon.

Will HS and DJ take over the Kimchee business from DH since GP being investigated...if that happen then Taebon will be in trouble since they partner with Camillia because of DH.Moreover its not fair for DH who's the one solve the problem of Camillia Kimchee while they easily take his effort as theirs.I hope SW will do something good this time..I think she still has a soft spot with DJ,so maybe she will try to prevent DJ  knowing the fact that what he did will bring harm to him.

I was also thinking about BY mother and what she will do. She's changes like day and night. Going with the man for BY who has the most to offer. But I don't think BY father will let her come between BY and DH relationships. He already told her that BY marrying SN was not going to happen and that was before DH found his grandparents.

Can't believe KJ could just walk out on his family with his suitcase just like that!  Even with DJ's divorce.  Unbelievable!

Poor Anna, just when there's some hope for her to become a normal person again, the result came out negative.  I would love to see the change in her.  But it's her innocence which makes people around her, love and adore her.

Being a president of the hotel, solely responsible for the project, it's ridiculous that HS would say she doesn't know what is happening.  I'm worry about GP getting a stroke after watching ep 138.  Poor GP, just when he has found his long-lost daughter, getting a filial grandson, and can almost enjoy his retirement, he's inflicted with the fraud he knows nothing about.  IRS is investigating him, taking away all the hotel documents.  HS and DJ are likely not be inflicted since GP is the one signing all the documents.  If GP collapses and hospitalises, HS will have all the authority in her hands to deal with DH and the hotel.  It would then be much easier for her and DJ to take over the hotel.  Look like HS isn't happy with DH not reporting the kimchi business to her and that the hotel is partnering with Taebon kimchi.  It's an insult to her.  She will definitely make things difficult for DH and the Lee family. 

Noomma, I agree with you.  GM doesn't seem to warm up with HS right from the start.  She has always objected to HS taking over the hotel.

And yes, poor BY.  It was supposed to be her marriage announcement to DH during the family dinner but it was an unexpected turn of event instead.  It's so sad to see her cried.  Fortunately DH made his stand known that he loved BY and that there was already a marriage proposal.  GP and GM seem to like BY but they have Anna to worry about.

Haha... you reminded me of Mia Farrow/Woody Allen/SoonYi fiasco.  Woody is nut to have married his adopted daughter.  Like you, I can't bear to watch his shows anymore as well.  Poor Mia, it must be a great blow to her.

As much as it may sound wierd to have uncle and niece marrying to the same family, mother and son, korean dramas seems to love such complicated relationships.  BY's kids would address uncle as grandpa instead of granduncle while Anna's kids if she has any with PJ, will address BY as their sister(-in-law) instead of cousin.  For me, as long as the couples are of the same generation, it's okay.  It actually happens in reality.  I will faint if uncle marries the daughter while his niece marries the father.

Semi-fly, I'm with you.  After what the Yoon family have done, especially SW and SNyeo, they seem to go scot-free, carrying on with their normal daily lives.  Even GP and GM are worried about SW and DJ's divorce.

Why is SW always the one knowing everything first?  From DH-Anna-KJ's relationship to Anna-GM's relationship, and now DJ-SN's secret meetings.  What will she do?  If she's pregnant, she is likely  to threaten DJ to stay by her side but keep quiet as she wants the hotel to herself too.  She's too evil to turn into a good person overnight.  But I hope she has a tumour so that she will realise too late, how evil and a fool she has been, loving and doing so much for her man who couldn't even be bothered to protect her from the reporters.  Only then will she turn good and hopefully exposes DJ's evil deed.  But the preview looks like she is worry about DJ doing something dangerous.  She still cares for him.

With his GP being called for investigation and the hotel in crisis, DH will definitely take matters into his own hands and solves the problems.  DH won't and can't be soft with DJ and HS anymore.  The hotel belongs to his GP who has worked hard to become what it is today.  He can't let it just disappear like this even if DJ is his brother.  He has to retrieve what is rightfully his and his family.  Hopefully he won't forgive DJ this time and let the matter rest.  GM definitely won't allow DJ and HS to go scot-free.  They have to be severely punished.  I believe the Lee family will help DH out.  They won't forgive SN if they know it's SN who has helped DJ.  Poor DH and BY, their marriage will be put on hold once again. 

Farhah1986 and Awsparkle, I doubt SO will change her mind about DH-BY's relationship even if the hotel or their kimchi business are in crisis.  She will freak out no doubt.

Awsparkle, for a family drama, it's hard to digest indeed.  But the past few episodes have been easy going, with nothing too exciting to follow up.  Thus the decline of the rating?  But when there are agony and misery in it, viewers will watch it because they want to know what happens next.  It's also when the viewers sympathise with the innocent victim, as in this case now, GP.  Viewers would want to know how the problems will be solved and most importantly, a happy ending for the good people while the baddies get severe punishment.  Sometimes I wonder if koreans believe in retribution cos most dramas that I have watched, the baddies go scot-free.

Not surprise if the drama ends at ep 159 as there are still many matters left unsolved.  As much as I want this drama to end soon, I don't want it to end abruptly.  I hate lousy and meaningless ending.

Can't believe KJ could just walk out on his family with his suitcase just like that!  Even with DJ's divorce.  Unbelievable!

I can't blame him- he was ordered to go back to his family and forget Anna by GP. KJ really wants to think of the best thing to do, both for DH and DJ. He's a messed up father, but still a father who wants his children to not fight and try to get along...which would be a hard deal considering what a (several choice words) DummyJ is.

And looking at the previous episodes with the Eng. translations, I think there is a part of him that wants to capture a little bit of happiness for himself. And I can't blame him for that selfishness- HS used emotional blackmail on KJ so much, he's like a broken doll flying around in the wind. ("I'll die if you leave me!" "I'm throwing away my pride for you!" "We've been married 27 years and you were never a father to our son!" "I'll kill myself if you leave!" "I'll destroy Anna and DH if you leave and you'll only have yourself to blame!") With her mainpulations and her attitude, I'd have left her myself.

Anyway, with him not knowing about DummyJ's divorce, I think that KJ realizes how deeply he hurt the little brat who is now practicing the same emotional blackmail practiced by his mother.

Noomma, I agree with you.  GM doesn't seem to warm up with HS right from the start.  She has always objected to HS taking over the hotel.

And yes, poor BY.  It was supposed to be her marriage announcement to DH during the family dinner but it was an unexpected turn of event instead.  It's so sad to see her cried.  Fortunately DH made his stand known that he loved BY and that there was already a marriage proposal.  GP and GM seem to like BY but they have Anna to worry about.

Why is SW always the one knowing everything first?  From DH-Anna-KJ's relationship to Anna-GM's relationship, and now DJ-SN's secret meetings.  What will she do?  If she's pregnant, she is likely  to threaten DJ to stay by her side but keep quiet as she wants the hotel to herself too.  She's too evil to turn into a good person overnight.  But I hope she has a tumour so that she will realise too late, how evil and a fool she has been, loving and doing so much for her man who couldn't even be bothered to protect her from the reporters.  Only then will she turn good and hopefully exposes DJ's evil deed.  But the preview looks like she is worry about DJ doing something dangerous.  She still cares for him.

Yes, thank heavens DH made his intentions for BY known without any misunderstanding. And I understand where the grandparents are coming from- they just want to protect Anna from all harm since she can't take care of herself.

She is worried about him because he's the only thing she's ever loved and the only thing that she ever suffered for love. Why else would she have endured the humiliations of HS and did all the things she did? It might be a twisted version of love, but it is love.

If SW is pregnant, she'll get back together with DummyJ because he's the dad and she wouldn't want her kid to be without a dad like she was. Her pregancy will for him to think about what he's doing but he won't stop until he's about to go to jail. Then he'll realize that he can't contact his kid because if he did, the kid will have the stigma of being a child of a convicted felon.

If she has a tumor, she's going to think of all the things she did and regret the bad things she did. And the DummyJ finding out, will angst about her before he sees her again.

With his GP being called for investigation and the hotel in crisis, DH will definitely take matters into his own hands and solves the problems.  DH won't and can't be soft with DJ and HS anymore.  The hotel belongs to his GP who has worked hard to become what it is today.  He can't let it just disappear like this even if DJ is his brother.  He has to retrieve what is rightfully his and his family.  Hopefully he won't forgive DJ this time and let the matter rest.  GM definitely won't allow DJ and HS to go scot-free.  They have to be severely punished.  I believe the Lee family will help DH out.  They won't forgive SN if they know it's SN who has helped DJ.  Poor DH and BY, their marriage will be put on hold once again. 

Farhah1986 and Awsparkle, I doubt SO will change her mind about DH-BY's relationship even if the hotel or their kimchi business are in crisis.  She will freak out no doubt.

Oh, BY's mom will change her mind again. SN will come around and she'll start calling him her son-in-law again.

If GM has to move out of the hotel, then Anna and DH will live with the Lees again. I hope she doesn't see how BY's mom will act towards DH if he's not the main owner of Camillia. She wouldn't want her as her DH's mother-in-law but she'll love BY's dad.

And when SN finds out what he did jepordizes the family he's close to, he won't rest easy even if he sees how BY's mom accepts him and BY reject him even though he has money. He'll be in for a rude awakening.

On a note- I bet that Clingy-girl will have seen DummyJ and SNeaky together.

Awsparkle, for a family drama, it's hard to digest indeed.  But the past few episodes have been easy going, with nothing too exciting to follow up.  Thus the decline of the rating?  But when there are agony and misery in it, viewers will watch it because they want to know what happens next.  It's also when the viewers sympathise with the innocent victim, as in this case now, GP.  Viewers would want to know how the problems will be solved and most importantly, a happy ending for the good people while the baddies get severe punishment.  Sometimes I wonder if koreans believe in retribution cos most dramas that I have watched, the baddies go scot-free.

Not surprise if the drama ends at ep 159 as there are still many matters left unsolved.  As much as I want this drama to end soon, I don't want it to end abruptly.  I hate lousy and meaningless ending.

The baddies never go scot free- they always lose what they schemed and committed crimes for. And they're always shown a kindness that they never deserve but get anyway...which if you ask me, burns my vindictive and retribution filled soul.

KJ will stay with DummyJ because he's in jail. DummyJ will accept DH as his brother and allow him to be registered under the family name. HS will still be a part of the hotel but offer to divorce from KJ to atone for her sins and she'll allow DH to be registered in the Kim family registry. And she'll be with SW trying to be a good mother-in-law. Anna and PJ will be together but not married. BY and DH will be married and be registered under KJ's family registry. SW will live, have a baby and be an announcer again. SN will disappear from everything or be married to Clingy-girl.

And those are my predictions.

Guest farhah1986

I think GP gonna leave all hotel operation to HS and DJ since the investigation.These will leave HS and DJ continue their plan.I think its because not easy to shake GP position as a chairman,He's still a major shareholder in the hotel right now and has been establish the hotel by himself.He has so much power and influence in the hotel.Thats why they use this tactic to put dirt on his name,weaken his power and create trouble in the hotel as a sign that GP no longer eligable to handle the hotel operation again.If its true this drama gonna end at 159,then I think HS and DJ plan may continue at least for 10 episode before all of them get busted by GP.What make me feel weird is that after all this GP still don't know HS and DJ intention to outcast him as the chairman.Poor old man he just want to retire in peaceful but being force to leave his position in shameful condition.

Archived