New Zealand!

Guest mindphase.net

Guest Keiyun

Tbh, this whole law sounds bs to me. They're using the excuse of no piracy, in-the-name-of-intellectual-property-law. But imo, it's just yet another way for us to pay fines. Fines = money to the govt. = good for the govt.

I don't think the money's even going to be paid to the government. Pretty sure it goes to the RIAA/MPAA etc. The rights holders of the copyrighted material in question.

And good point about downloading at uni xD Although I'm pretty sure the uni wouldn't be too happy if they found out, lol.

The logical solution is really to just create more outlets for legitimate downloading, but the entertainment industry has been EXTREMELY slow to pick it up. I'm pretty sure it's to do with profit margins - I'm pretty sure they don't earn as much from downloads vs. physical CD sales. I don't know how much albums are nowadays, but probably something like $20? Not worth it when you probably only like 2 of the songs from the album anyway. =_=

Meh, if you want to support an artist, it's better to go to their concerts etc anyway, since they get a bigger cut of the profits from that.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goo Hara and Yong Junhyung are dating! :o

So that happens to be the first thing I read this morning.....

yea I have no opinion on the downloading thing cause I know like nothing about computers, laws or how things work lol

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

well im lost now LOL.

this debate is getting too high lvl for me.

all I can say is, uni's internet is way too slow for downloading, sometimes when heaps of ppl r using it u cnt even stream youtube vids =/

So that happens to be the first thing I read this morning.....

aha I see, so ur jst like my brother, his morning newspaper is Kpop gossip

hes useless at comps as well apart from using it for browsing and dling

EDIT: well u guys wake up pretty early........... i thot i woke up early.... but I guess not

And good point about downloading at uni xD Although I'm pretty sure the uni wouldn't be too happy if they found out, lol.

The logical solution is really to just create more outlets for legitimate downloading, but the entertainment industry has been EXTREMELY slow to pick it up. I'm pretty sure it's to do with profit margins - I'm pretty sure they don't earn as much from downloads vs. physical CD sales. I don't know how much albums are nowadays, but probably something like $20? Not worth it when you probably only like 2 of the songs from the album anyway. =_=

Meh, if you want to support an artist, it's better to go to their concerts etc anyway, since they get a bigger cut of the profits from that.

This is why iTunes sales are booming. It's the easier way to buy music legally without having to pay the buttload extra for songs you may not like. And if you think about it, less CDs is being environmentally friendly =) Can you even recycle CDs/DVDS (optical output mediums in general) ?????????

I agree about going to concerts to support the artist, but I don't think the cut is that much bigger??

all I can say is, uni's internet is way too slow for downloading, sometimes when heaps of ppl r using it u cnt even stream youtube vids =/

Its fast if you're on a desktop provided by the uni. Wireless is only good for going on text-based web pages. Anything beyond that, wireless is useless.

I don't encourage or like people using uni internet for personal streaming of dramas to watch to dl-ing stuff, especially during the more critical periods of assignments and exams and tests. I get annoyed and pissed when I see people using the labs in OGGB for leisure - something to do when eating lunch - when there are a huge amount of people who are skipping lunch to find a computer to use for actual work.

You go to uni to learn/work. Not for fun and games. Why is using the internet any different? What's even more frustrating is that most people who do it don't see that it's a problem at all >=|

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

Its fast if you're on a desktop provided by the uni. Wireless is only good for going on text-based web pages. Anything beyond that, wireless is useless.

no its slow, it streams rly rly slowly.

but browsing is fast.

when's the last harry potter coming out...?

I thot its nxt week... but my friend said its like right before uni starts

???????????

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

lol, so much wif being poor.

have fun newayz.

jst be careful when ur driving in ice, not scaring u but its gg.

Guest Keiyun

My friends dragged me to watch it since a bunch of people are leaving again. TT

It was... okay. Pretty. Lots of shiny cars, awesome explosions, and the CG'd parts are gorgeous.

But it lacked substance. The new girl's acting is awkward imo, and I don't feel the chemistry between her and the male lead. Plus she's like WAY taller than him. She's literally just stuck into the movie because every movie involving explosions and cars and saving the world MUST have a trophy girlfriend, apparently. At least Megan Fox's character was a mechanic or something.

It was very draggy in the beginning. Humour was a tad awkwardly stuck in at times. Plot felt duct-taped together, and only picks up in the second half of the movie. Movie was super long. I thought the resolution was serious BS, and some of the characters are just plain unbelievable. Like their "motive" doesn't justify their actions at all.

Overall, worth watching. This is coming from someone who's never seen Transformers 1 or 2, so I'd say it's a pretty positive review haha xD

Harry Potter is coming out on July 14th. I'm going to the midnight premiere. :D YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

dun expect too much tho......................

IMO,

the only reason why its good is coz its 80% battle 20% talking

story is... meh.

and soundtrack is goood dats y its awesome, its greatness is nearly equal to batman's and inception's soundtrack imo :)

but its not a bad movie, but wasnt too happy paying $17 to watch it. maybe I was jst expecting too much.

I'd rather richard simmons my pants watching Human centipede wif $17.

keen as to watch that movie

n i wouldnt wiki dat movie heroine... its not gantz, dis one WILL giv u nightmares :s

EDIT: nah actually if u luv transformers u'll prob luv it.

cuz all my friends was like dang its so awsum, im the only one dat dun c the awesomeness :mellow:

Harry Potter is coming out on July 14th. I'm going to the midnight premiere. :D YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAHA, ME TOO. I'm watching mine at Manukau because they were the only big 3d screen left, sylvia park only had tiny screens left and imax sold out :( :(

welcome caroline! I go to you UoA. What are you doing at AUT? :)

I haven't seen transformers 3 (or any transformers, I know I suck~ lol) but my teacher said it was not the best transformers movie. Apparently it was annoying to her lol, especially the girl, cos she just runs in stilletoes half the time but at least Megan fox had alot of action~ and apparently the new girls lip pissed her off so much cos it was obvious it was Botox, lol she like ranted it to me lol, idk why haha I haven't even seen it~ also my other friend watched it in 3D and he said it was a waste of money lol cos only the opening is 3D and the rest was 2D. I was so excited to watch it but now they turned it off for me lol, I might just watch it on the net lol.

haha, the "downloading" topic became a debate lol, but for me I'll just go with the flow, i might play it safe for the first few months and then see what people do and I'll fo along lol.

WELCOME CAROLINE! :D

Ooooh I'm kinda doing digital designing at school (kinda lol) but I'm still in high school lol~

Have fun heroineeeeeeee! ;D

Guest appleinmyeye

hey guys.. regarding the downloading law.. Uni only gives us 200mb/month of internet usage anyway. I'm on a 20gb/month plan and I'm unable to download ANYTHING remotely close to a film. Even if I download say 5 videos a day for a week, I get 3 weeks of extremely slow internet afterwards

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

I havent seen any Transformors movies either :3 

u hvnt seen any????????????

even da first one :o ?

I do bachelor of Design, Digital Design.

wow, digital design... digital sounds pro.

what exactly is it though xD ?

hey guys.. regarding the downloading law.. Uni only gives us 200mb/month of internet usage anyway. I'm on a 20gb/month plan and I'm unable to download ANYTHING remotely close to a film. Even if I download say 5 videos a day for a week, I get 3 weeks of extremely slow internet afterwards 

mm tru, i'm on 40gb and I'm capped for a wk now :P

why did they even take out unlimited =/

Archived