IRYU 医龍 Team Medical Dragon

Guest dr jung

Guest dr jung

starring Sagaguchi Kenji, Koike Teppei, etc.

IRYU 医龍 Team Medical Dragon

Title: 医龍

Title (romanji): Iryu ~Team Medical Dragon~

Episodes: 11

Genre: Medical

Air time: Thursday 10:00pm

Broadcast network: Fuji TV

Broadcast period: 2006-Apr-13 - 2006-Jun-29

Theme song: Believe by AI

CAST

Sakaguchi Kenji as Asada Ryuutarou

Inamori Izumi as Katou Akira

Mizukawa Asami as Satohara Miki

Koike Teppei as Ijyuuin Noboru

Natsuki Mari as Kitou Shoko

Kitamura Kazuki as Kirima Gunji

Abe Sadayo as Arase Monji

Sasaki Kuranosuke as Fujiyoshi Keishi

Kishibe Ittoku as Noguchi Keno

This drama was the no.1 rated drama of 2nd quarter 2006!

Not when it comes to the viewership rating, but by viewer satisfaction rating.

It received around 80% satisfacation. No.1 among viewers in 10's, 30's, 40's. (#3 for those in 20's)

here is the chart in case you wanna see it (it has the ratings for other dramas as well)

HERE is the SYNOPSIS

Ryutaro Asada is enjoying his peaceful life in the countryside, when he is visited by Akira Kato, assistant professor of the Faculty of Cardiac Surgery at Meishin University Medical Hospital.

Ryutaro is a genius surgeon who used to lead "Team Medical Dragon," a world-class NGO medical team. In harsh environments that lacked medicine and electricity, Ryutaro witnessed many lives pass away. At the same time, he saved many other lives, helping his matchless skill overwhelm other doctors.

As a female doctor, Akira managed to become an assistant professor. She has ambitions to be promoted to professor by succeeding in a surgery using the Batista technique — an extremely difficult type of heart surgery — and also by writing a paper on it. A year ago, Akira witnessed Ryutaro's skills when he was an NGO doctor. That's why she recruits him and asks him to use the Batista technique. Since Ryutaro's arrival, urgent patients who would have been abandoned in the past, are miraculously saved by the "hands of God."

But Ryutaro's actions cause a stir in the closed university hospital, where power struggles happen everyday and the priority of doctors is to protect themselves. This environment doesn't stop Ryutaro from following his beliefs. Ryutaro's existence also bothers Dr. Noguchi, professer of the Faculty of Cardiac Surgery, the power broker of the hospital.

There is a man keeping a very watchful eye on Akira and Ryutaro's Batista team. It's Gunji Kirishima, Akira's boyfriend and assistant professor at a rival hospital. He and Akira have promised each other to carry on Japan's cardiosurgery. Gunji has also confronted Ryutaro in the past.

Other characters include Miki Satohara, an extremely brilliant nurse who looks up to Ryutaro and has more medical knowledge than the average doctor; Noboru Ijuin, an intern that first opposes Ryutaro, but is gradually influenced by him; and Professor Kito, who is looking for the opportunity to recruit Ryutaro away to the Emergency Room (ER). (Fuji TV)

-------------------

Has anyone watched this?

The last episode aired this Thursday.

It's a medical drama.. It's AWESOME!

I don't think anyone has subbed this.. in part because of all these crazy cardiological medical terms..

I'm watching.. and having a little trouble understanding because of the terminology.

I looked up many words.. most of them are explained there though.. hehe

MAYBE I'll sub one and see if anyone wanna see more. but that'll take.. a long richard simmons time. :lol:

Oh BTW. You shouldn't watch this if you can't stand blood because.. HELL it's like.. blood every episode.. haha . literally. every episode. blood and heart. Yep.

Guest shinhaku

i didn't watch it cuz there's no sub T_T, you should sub it dr. jung >_<, is it faster to do soft sub ?

Guest run_lola_run

This is aired at 10:30 pm where I live. I watch it sometimes for Kenji Sakaguchi & Teppei. Too bad it has no subs though. :-(

Guest dr jung

i didn't watch it cuz there's no sub T_T, you should sub it dr. jung >_<, is it faster to do soft sub ?

Maybe.. before summer ends, I might start. Softsub takes just like. an hour less because, for hardsub, it takes about an hour to merge the sub and the video together. ;)

This is aired at 10:30 pm where I live. I watch it sometimes for Kenji Sakaguchi & Teppei. Too bad it has no subs though. :-(

I'd have loved to watch this on TV.. =_= there's no Japanese channel here. :tears:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I like Sakaguchi Kenji since I watched his drama with Matsu Takako (Itsumo Futari De) also with Kimura Takuya (Pride)....I think he's so cool :P I hope this drama is worth watching.... :D Where 2 download this drama but not d-addicts,clubbox or megaupload didn't work 4 me but others is OK,thankz heapz guyz.... :rolleyes::phew:

tomoniichan.jpg

Guest Aoijen

really? they has it torrent? sub english? tell me where can I get this? :huh:

this first sub ep is available @ D-addicts :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest suedbee

i've just finished watching all of the eps. THIS SHOW ROCKS!!! :w00t:

the soundtrack also rocks! the song Aesthetic is just beeyootiful.

to everyone who's just passing by this thread, GO CHECK OUT THIS DRAMA!

the raws and the subs (thanks to madchuckles, mononoke102, tianj and indokid) are available on www.d-addicts.com

Guest lakatsumi

I Love this drama!! it is so interesting!!! Must Love the SUBBERS!! they are the fastest group!! The subtitles are completed. GO WATCh People.!!!

• 3 months later...

No wonder the rating is damn good :)

I think most of ppl are getting a bit too fed up with sad drama and need a breathtaking, spirit enhancing type like this one.

Honestly I give this drama a 10!

The storyline is great, not boring at all. Finished the eps all in just two days lol. There are sweet and touching moments, tensed moments, so i can say it matches the mood well.

The operations were explained pretty clear so even commoners would be easier to understand the terms and mechanism. It also fits a newbie med preps like me h :P

The timings for each trouble were exact, and flawless :mellow:

All the chars have their own characteristic and executed in their own way...Asada still stands out for tho hehe.

The dragon team charmed me as well! Such a great team wit outstanding skills! I'm currently on the rerun hehe. Have fun watching it.

suedbee...aesthetic charmed my soul rightaway!>.< do u know who's the singer??

t3n5h1bittorent also doesn't work for you? bittorent should be the easiest way to dl.

and Sakaguchi Kenji aaaa!!! super kakkoi!>.< hehe i just watched yoshitsune eps1 today and just realized Inamori also starred as Tokiwa, Yoshitsune's Mother..I love her. She's kind of cool and not the gushy typical of other Japanese artists.. :P

Guest XxminwoolovexX

Sakaguchi Kenji is sooo hot. and attractive.

this drama made me just drool all over him

:]

and its sooo touching

the drama is soo touching.

especially how Asada is such a caring doctor.

def. one of my FAVORITE drams

each ep. made me cry

not because it was sad but how touching it was/

:]

made me appreciate doctors and life more

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest jade_frost

I really liked Natsuki Mari in the role of Dr Kitou, head of the ER department. She had such a presence.

Iryu is very enjoyable but one of the rather underrated ones.

Guest hauwulli

I love Iryu =) A really inspirational drama! I really liked everything about it. At first, I was a bit uneasy about the surgeries, but I got used to it afterwards.

Asami, Teppei & Kenji were great too!!! And the soundtrack was AMAZING!!!! I love it, I could listen to it over and over again =)

Guest losborrachos

so what's up? i thought kitou was supposed to be A MAN?

anyways, the drama's not bad but the manga is A+++++

BEST DRAMA

I love this drama ... and especially on the operation part ...

how fast he finish the operation ...

and it's so TOUCHING ....

there are not many doctors in the world that

could help others even thought without taking money ....

Guest Ochibi

This drama was AWESOME!

I watched this as a kind of side thing one day when I was REALLY bored and I had nothing to do XD I went and searched through Crunchyroll and found something that looked watchable, which happened to be Iryu, and...wow, no regrets!

Like hauwulli, I was kinda uneasy at the thought of the surgeries at first, and I was a little put off by all the blood and cutting holes in people XD But once you get over that, it's great. The best thing about it, is that the action is non-stop, right through all the episodes. It was a LITTLE predictable at points, but instead of dragging or having fillers like some other dramas, this one just went at a lightning speed. Suspense and tension heightened and never slowed down 8D

Archived