[TVB] Beauty Knows No Pain (女人最痛)

Guest miss scarlett

Guest miss scarlett

Maggie Cheung Ho-yee, Michelle Yim, Joyce Tang, Joe Ma, etc.

BEAUTY KNOWS NO PAIN (女人最痛)

2mialw.jpg

Synopsis:

Mrs. Cash (Michelle Yim) is successful in both career and life. However, she accidentally discovers that her husband Mr. Cash (Dominic Lam) has committed adultery. In order to maintain the relationship, Mrs. Cash is willing to take the risk of getting pregnant despite her age. Pregnancy has imposed great pressure on her daily life as well as her career. Her aggressive subordinate Jackie (Maggie Cheung Ho-yee) therefore seizes the chance to take up her duties. Jackie is a bold and decisive person at work but she is caught in a quadrangular relationship by falling in love with the married man Nick (Joe Ma Tak-chung).

Discouraged by the relationship failures of her bosses, secretary BiBi (Joyce Tang) further impairs her confidence. Bibi's "outstanding" body shape, further increases her inferiority. Encouraged by her colleague Chi Lam (Power Chan), BiBi decides to boost her self-esteem by getting plastic surgery. Subsequently, she becomes the sexiest goddess on the Internet and the hottest brand spokesperson in town. Upon her getting rich and famous, BiBi suddenly realizes that this is not what she really wants...

English title: Beauty Knows No Pain

Chinese title: 女人最痛 (Cantonese: Nui Yan Jui Tung) (Mandarin: Nuren Zui Tong)

Genre: Drama | Comedy | Romance

Production company: TVB

Language: Cantonese

Episode count: 20

Producer: Lam Chi-wah

Editor(s): Suen Ho-ho, Chan Kam-ling

Director: So Man-chung

Writer: Wong Bing-yi

Starring:

Maggie Cheung Ho-yee as Jackie Sha (Sha Yuen-kei)

Michelle Yim as Noble "Mrs. Cash" Wong (Wong Hoi-king)

Joe Ma Tak-chung as Nickson "Nick" Ko (Ko Chi-lik)

Dominic Lam as Vincent "Mr. Cash" Chin (Chin Kwong-lung)

Joyce Tang as BiBi Yue (Yue Man-yau)

Power Chan as Chi Lam (Tsi Nam)

Elena Kong as Angela "Auntie" Hung (Hung San-wu)

JJ Jia as Yeda So (So Na)

Savio Tsang as GM (Lam Gar-man)

Gordon Liu as Ng Lap-chau

Yoyo Chen as Stephy

Wong Ching as Sa Yeung

Suet Nei as Wong Wai-heung

Yeung Ying-wai as Sa Yuen-biu

Catherine Chau as Mok Yuk-lan

Fung So-bor as Yin Suk-tak

Chun Wong as Ko Yan-tai

Lily Ho as Amy

Kayi Cheung as Betty

Lee Cheuk-ling as Cindy

Cha Cha Chan as Daisy

Law Wing-han as Elaine

Kibby Lau as Fion

Vanko Wong as Gloria

Mak Ka-lung as Hong Mak (Mak Chi-hong)

Deno Cheung as Kong Kam (Kam Chi-kong)

etc.

Guest AhYee

I didn't plan on watching this, but the cast is too good to pass over. And the plotline seems really interesting after watching a few... eh TVB series. I'm really glad I gave it a shot because it's so far so good; excellent acting and dialogues. I look forward to the next episode every day =)

Guest miss scarlett

Besides A Fistful of Stances, this is the only TVB drama that has attracted me this year. The cast is absolutely amazing. The sets, the wardrobes, the characters, the dialogue, etc. are all excellent. I really hope this drama gets good ratings. It's been so far, so good, and it seems like the HK audiences are also really enjoying it.

I started watching this recently, it's actually really good! I love the script so far <3 I love the scenes with Joyce and Power, they totally make me LMAO! And the scenes when Maggie and Joe were trying to help "Kitty" lose weight were PRICELESS...the bug scene totally made my ROFL <3 I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode!

Guest aznkc

i have never seen JJ before until this series...where is she from? i can see why she was casted in this series tho lol

Guest BAM♥BI

Just started watching this yesterday.

Wow, I absolutely love Maggie in this series, her character is just so.. likeable.

The scenes with Power + Joyce are hilarious too. That opening scene where they made

her run for the elevator just got my laughing my butt off. So far, this series

looks quite promising.

Guest AhYee

i have never seen JJ before until this series...where is she from? i can see why she was casted in this series tho lol

If I'm correct, I believe JJ won the Beautiful Cooking first season...?

I love Maggie's fashion in this series. I just had to say that, haha.

I LOLed every single time Cash Tai and her husband speaks of making babies with the doctor. Their dialogues are really funny =) But yes, this is a definite watch after Fistful of Stances.

Guest heartdrops

Yes, JJ did win the Beautiful Cooking champion in 2006 and then she became popular from being one of the 'angels' on Foodie 2 Shoes. She even got to release an album about that...

So how is this series?! I was a bit hesitant at first but I just dled the first episode because I'm so bored. Haven't watched it yet.

Guest heartdrops

^ Really? I actually got interested in watching on after the first episode. Joyce is soooo cute in this series!

^

^aww really? you should pick it up again...i didn't think much of the first episode either but my mom wanted to watch it so i watched with her and it was really good. I love the script. They pick up on interesting points. It definitely surprised me with the sex talk and mild sex scenes LOL, i never expected it coming from TVB since to me TVB dramas always seems so family friendly. The development of characters is also done really well. And I must admit there are some interesting twists here and there that I never expected coming...

For those who are wondering JJ plays Joe Ma's wife in this series...her character gets interesting near the middle, gave me quite the shock....

^

^aww really? you should pick it up again...i didn't think much of the first episode either but my mom wanted to watch it so i watched with her and it was really good. I love the script. They pick up on interesting points. It definitely surprised me with the sex talk and mild sex scenes LOL, i never expected it coming from TVB since to me TVB dramas always seems so family friendly. The development of characters is also done really well. And I must admit there are some interesting twists here and there that I never expected coming...

For those who are wondering JJ plays Joe Ma's wife in this series...her character gets interesting near the middle, gave me quite the shock....

lol. i have friends like JJ's character too.

really interesting. laughs.

Guest heartdrops

I forgot to mention how this series reminds me a bit of Ugly Betty.

I love Power Chan and Joyce Tang's line. I neeeeeed more of them! lol

Guest heartdrops

I have to say. I am HOOKED to this series. It's so funny, especially with Joyce Tang and Power Chan. Gotta survive through the weekend before more epis are coming out D:

Archived