Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Joowon looks so different in real life compared to when he's acting. It is rare for us to see that the character he plays is Joowon. He's always fully immersed in his character. I think around once or twice we do get to see the character as Joowon, like when he laughs in the kitchen with Yeojin during his first night at the house, or when KangTo was eating with a very big mouthful in Gaksital once he's at the camp. But all other times, there hasnt been a moment of doubt that he's not the character. Joowon becomes the character. It's what made him a very good actor indeed.

I had the exact same thoughts when I saw him ! That was the moment when I believed in a real good relationship with Kim Ta Hee. He sounded so natural !

I like him the most when he's dressed in a classic way, I think he's more handsome and manly in those simple (color/style) but well-tailored (this word exists ?) clothes. I don't like to see him in those short pants, who don't pay tribute to his longs legs.

It's fall, winter is coming and I'll have the great pleasure to see him again in scarfs....

Joo Won said he doesn't like to wear shorts or short pants(?), bermudas?

I was talking about those pants cut at ankles, i really don't like it, it's very ridiculous for me. For a very long time, only poors and countryside men had "short" pants, because they couldn't afford by a new one when they grew up, so nowadays, it's very difficult to not look like old fashion and not well dressed with those pants. It's a little different in summer, because with the heat, shorts are more current but they are cut "highter", at calf.

I like still as much as before your last pic with his riding pants:D

• Like 4

Just saw on IG that JW got his head "broken" during the filming of the movie... OMG!!! We always learn about his injuries long after the incident happened. Like in OB, he broken his pinkie, badly strained/sprained his wrist for BM, got cut on the bridge of his nose in L7CS and his nose bumped at the ball game in 1N2D... I wonder how many other injuries that he did not share in the past years. Never once did his agency or himself use these as a "promotional tool" to gain attention like some other agencies or their wards. JW is always sharing good news but rarely/never bad or unhappy ones or complain once. He takes on all these onto himself least his fans worry for him. He has said recently in Healing Camp that he does not want/like to cause inconveniences to others. He is such a considerate person.

• Like 12

Just watched the Taxi episode he was in. He's so sweet lah. And so sincere. But I didn't like the male host of the show (this is season 2 right? Season 1 hosts were so much better.) I felt like he wasn't very nice to Joo Won. Tsk.

Yeah, I get the feeling he was mocking Joowon at some point. The host is known for being painfully critical about celebrities in all of his talk shows, and he will say whatever he wants to say without a single thought about the affect that line of questioning will do to celeb's reputation or his own. In this taxi show, Joowon being the positive person that he is, just takes it with a laugh and keep being truthful about his vision and motive in life. I was in a bit of a bad mood while being involved in the subbing project for Taxi, but when I watch in full, Joowon made me happy again~ Towards the end, I think the host got better and was nice to Joowon. He stopped making fun of Joowon, and turn it into a positive thing.

• Like 5

Just watched the Taxi episode he was in. He's so sweet lah. And so sincere. But I didn't like the male host of the show (this is season 2 right? Season 1 hosts were so much better.) I felt like he wasn't very nice to Joo Won. Tsk.

Yeah, I get the feeling he was mocking Joowon at some point. The host is known for being painfully critical about celebrities in all of his talk shows, and he will say whatever he wants to say without a single thought about the affect that line of questioning will do to celeb's reputation or his own. In this taxi show, Joowon being the positive person that he is, just takes it with a laugh and keep being truthful about his vision and motive in life. I was in a bit of a bad mood while being involved in the subbing project for Taxi, but when I watch in full, Joowon made me happy again~ Towards the end, I think the host got better and was nice to Joowon. He stopped making fun of Joowon, and turn it into a positive thing.

Good thing the female host was clearly smitten by him though. That Joo Won survived Mr Grumpy and made him less grumpy is actually a testament to Joo Won's nature. He's a really nice guy. I can see why people say they would like a son like him - the female host said it, Kim Tae Hee said it, and now I will say it. If my little boy grew up to be well mannered like this, I would be a very happy mummy.

• Like 10

Just saw on IG that JW got his head "broken" during the filming of the movie... OMG!!! We always learn about his injuries long after the incident happened. Like in OB, he broken his pinkie, badly strained/sprained his wrist for BM, got cut on the bridge of his nose in L7CS and his nose bumped at the ball game in 1N2D... I wonder how many other injuries that he did not share in the past years. Never once did his agency or himself use these as a "promotional tool" to gain attention like some other agencies or their wards. JW is always sharing good news but rarely/never bad or unhappy ones or complain once. He takes on all these onto himself least his fans worry for him. He has said recently in Healing Camp that he does not want/like to cause inconveniences to others. He is such a considerate person.

what is "broke" head? Was it dangerous? I know he injured his hand as he punched  the fake glass(although they are fake,they are still sharp pieces) and swollen hand after prison scene. He also suffered from sudden high Blood pressure? Due to too much emotions was put in.

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 2

@Ma OO Broken head? Swollen hand? High blood pressure? Why is his hand swollen after the prison scene? Do you have the article for the high blood pressure? I wondered if the blood on his hand is his real blood. And there was a scene of him crying in the jail cell. That could be him really crying because he cant stop crying or because he was in pain.

cry.gif

• Like 2

@Ma OO Broken head? Swollen hand? High blood pressure? Why is his hand swollen after the prison scene? Do you have the article for the high blood pressure? I wondered if the blood on his hand is his real blood. And there was a scene of him crying in the jail cell. That could be him really crying because he cant stop crying or because he was in pain.

cry.gif

if i remember correctly, JW had said before in an interview or during the BTS of BM that in the scene where Kang-to cried in front of his hyung Kang-san's or mother's grave, he cried so hard and long that he got terrible headache or something to the effect. Or was it lack of sleep due to the long filming hours caused him to get headaches? JW must really start to take care if his health as these might be symptons of hypertension especially if it is a condition that runs in his family which I hope not. I have this medical condition and previously I had mistakenly attributed the frequently headaches that I had to work stress, and these went on for a few years until I was diagnosed with hypertension after having a severe headache that persisted for nearly a week, 3 years ago. I really wish that JW will love himself more and to be a little selfish sometimes by putting his own welfare as the priority before considering others'.

• Like 9

cry.gif

check the press con about "That Guy" at Joo Won's V app. YHJ said that JW hand is swollen after repeating prison scene for a few time. I think Jang Woo was handcuffed and wanted to break free from it. So JW had to use force to show that.And it was repeated a few times .Well,whose hands won't be swollen after all these. Be lucky that he didnt injure his wrist.

About High blood pressure,JW said it in Press conference also.The english translate shows it as "caught the neck" and rush of blood to the head. But there is no such thing as caught the neck,so I assumed he is talking about high blood pressure.

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 6

what is "broke" head? Was it dangerous? I know he injured his hand as he punched  the fake glass(although they are fake,they are still sharp pieces) and swollen hand after prison scene. He also suffered from sudden high Blood pressure? Due to too much emotions was put in.

Probably means he got a concussion. Ow. :(

• Like 2

A lot of people are saying Joowon gained weight. He has chubby cheeks, so he is often mistaken for having gained weight even during the drama's run. Joowon likes wearing big clothes, so with only upper shots, he definitely seems chubbier. I always judge Joowon's chubbiness by his thighs though. I think he's resting and eating well now, and I love his slight weight gain. Huggable~

CRwpxeFVEAEg6hD.jpg

cr in picture

• Like 9

Finally heard Joo Won speak English in TC... not bad actually! Sounds natural, like someone who has learnt English as a second language. Not fluent, but definitely believable (unlike some actors whom you know can't even get the words out, much less a sentence - so unconvincing when they are supposed to have lived abroad, or studied abroad, or whatever). But ah... His German CMI. I had difficulty understanding his German... :P

• Like 6

BTW, What happened with this "Passion Heaven" thing?

Chinese dramas and films are pre-produced.They will take at least 1year+ to be on screen.In the mean time,no news and no updates. Unless,everything is green light AND all the actors included are high profile. Even with that,very little news.Well,the casts of Passion Heaven are popular idol actors but it is not that level yet.So it will stay quiet for awhile.

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 3