Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest michellemao

sweetdreams_87 said: ctfrsgp said: Cutie is saying farewell to his fave cookies and snacks :D He sure must be really sad... Awwwwww... poor baby... just bear with it till Dec... after the drama ends, you can have all thr cookies that you can eat... :)

ctfrsgp said:

Cutie is saying farewell to his fave cookies and snacks :D He sure must be really sad... Awwwwww... poor baby... just bear with it till Dec... after the drama ends, you can have all thr cookies that you can eat... :)

But but...why does he have to farewell his snacks?!?!? O-O Why are snacks forbidden whilst he is filming?? T___T

For weight management bcoz of thr new drama, I suppose. Can't have a chubby Cha Yoo-Jin sunbae on the screen or else the anti-fans will have things to criticise about the drama and uri cutie later.

ctfrsgp said:

ctfrsgp said:

Cutie is saying farewell to his fave cookies and snacks :D He sure must be really sad... Awwwwww... poor baby... just bear with it till Dec... after the drama ends, you can have all thr cookies that you can eat... :)

But but...why does he have to farewell his snacks?!?!? O-O Why are snacks forbidden whilst he is filming?? T___T

For weight management bcoz of thr new drama, I suppose. Can't have a chubby Cha Yoo-Jin sunbae on the screen or else the anti-fans will have things to criticise about the drama and uri cutie later.

Trust me, the anti-fans will always find a bone to pick with Joo Won whether he looks like Cha Yoo Jin or not and we can expect more when TC starts.

My primary concern is how Joo Won will pull off his role as Cha Yoo Jin. Of course, we only get to see his preparation now like taking lessons in violin and conducting and this losing weight to look the part of Cha Yoo Jin. Tamaki Hiroshi has a very thin face, sunken cheeks almost. IMO, it made him look older but I guess they need Joo Won to lose a bit of weight or maintain it so he looks the "best" for the role.

=================

Don't we all know tat by now. Wat I meant to say is those anti-fans shall not be given any legitimate 'ammo' to fire at the drama or cutie :)

[Preview]

It's........!!!!

Hehhhhhhhhhhh.

Go away bug!

*runs away*

Coming back to your small screen............ in HD!!!

- Joo Won Cutie

@rionae‌ chan, gambate kudasai... I will be waiting for youuuuuju and uri Cutie neh... :x :x :x :x

@rionae‌ chan, gambate kudasai... I will be waiting for youuuuuju and uri Cutie neh... :x :x :x :x

Soompi is not allowing me to edit my post... i have to quote myself X(

I want to say I have been looking forward to JW Cutie Subbing Team's updates since the past few weeks... I think my neck has grew a few cms longer... Thanks in advance for the team's hard work and time :)

☆ Why Audiences Are Concerned About American Adaptations Of K-Dramas ☆

On August 29, KBS released a statement confirming the adaptation of "Good Doctor" by CBS. CBS approved production on the American adaptation following a pitch meeting which was held on August 8.

At the helm of production for this project is a company called 3AD, which should not be confused with the indie rock label 4AD. 3AD was founded by Daniel Dae Kim of “Hawaii Five-O” and “Lost” fame. The objective of 3AD is to adapt Korean dramas for American television viewers.

“Good Doctor” starred Joo Won as Park Shi On, a developmentally disabled man who endured physical abuse as a miner's son to become a pediatric surgery resident.

Park Shi On is on the Autism spectrum, while displaying the atypical trait of being a savant in medical diagnosis. While he starts off on shaky ground with his fellow residents, Park Shi On develops a relatively functional relationship with pediatric surgeon Cha Yeon Seo (Moon Chae Won). The drama concludes with a happy ending for both Park Shi On and Cha Yeon Seo.

“Good Doctor” was a program which provided an unique opportunity for Korean audiences to view disability in a new light.

K-Drama viewers outside of Korea have different reasons which motivate their viewership of Korean television programming. For many American fans, Korean drama presents an opportunity to watch unique story lines which extend past the current bloat of reality shows and crime procedural series.

Shows like “Panda & Hedgehog” which focus on the dynamics of a couple working within a bakery or the teen pregnancy meets department store drama “Wild Chives and Bean Paste Soup” would almost never make it into the fall must-see TV lineup in the U.S.

Author Euny Hong touches upon the appeal of Korean drama in her book “The Birth of Korean Cool.” In a chapter focused specifically on K-Drama, Euny Hong illustrates the impending “death of must-see [American] TV.” In this chapter, she includes statements from DramaFever co-founder, Seung Bak.

Seung Bak singles out American prime-time television stating “There's only a limited [number of hours in prime time], so studios don't want to take risks.” As Euny Hong points out, those risks include the refusal to air non-American shows.

Readers of Soompi, which maintains some of the most active K-Drama forums on the Internet, had mixed response to news that “Good Doctor” was receiving a green light from CBS. Soompi reader Yan Bu expressed concern stating, “Good Doctor was perfect. I am sure the US will change scenes just because they want to take credit. Like Ninja Warrior, they started sending [a] few people and now they don't even show the original Japanese [version].”

“Ninja Warrior” is one of the few instances in which an Asian variety program has been adapted for American audiences. However, Korean movies have repeatedly received a makeover for the U.S., often with mixed results. One instance is the 2006 film “The Lake House.” “The Lake House” is an adaption of the visually stunning Korean film “Il Mare.”

“Il Mare” was released in 2000 and starred “My Love From The Stars” actress Jun Ji Hyun opposite Lee Jung Jae. “The Lake House” featured Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. While credit is attributed to “Il Mare,” many aspects of the Warner Brothers production differ from the Korean version of the film.

While K-Drama fans have been upset over announcements regarding "Good Doctor," it was an announcement about an adaptation of "Reply 1997" which drew the greatest criticism. Titled "Reply 1999," the Korean drama would be written by the writers of the dance film "Step Up 3D." "Reply 1999" is in the works for Fox, the network which delivered the show choir hit "Glee."

"Good Doctor" and the "Reply" series are not the only Korean dramas receiving American adaptation. In October 2013, it was announced that “Nine: 9 Times Time Travel” was going to be adapted by the production company Fake Empire for the American network ABC. Fake Empire is responsible for delivering popular but racy teen dramas such as “The O.C.” and “Gossip Girl.”

Fake Empire producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage were announced as the executive producers of the adaptation.

==============

Original article at

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/25916/20140829/why-audiences-are-concerned-about-american-adaptations-of-k-dramas.htm

☆ CBS in US Remakes ‘Good Doctor’ Starred by Joo Won and Moon Chae-won ☆

SEOUL, Sep. 1 (Korea Bizwire) – ‘Good Doctor,’ the KBS 2 TV human medical drama starred by Joo Won, Moon Chae-won, and Ju Sang-uk, is going to be remade by CBS, one of the US leading broadcasting companies. This is a milestone that any Korean broadcasting company has never reached.

KBS confirmed on Aug, 29 the fact that CBS would remake ‘Good Doctor’ and the remade US TV series are expected to be on air between 2015 and 2016. This is the first time that a US broadcasting company remakes a Korean drama. On Aug. 8, CBS Studios, 3AD, and EnterMedia pitched for the schedule of the American remake of ‘Good Doctor’ and CBS decided to startproducing it on the spot.

The writer of the American ‘Good Doctor’ is Adele Lim, who was a joint show runner of ‘Star Crossroad’ aired on the CW Television Network, and the remade TV series will be set at a teaching hospital in Boston.

CBS Studios is going to be responsible for comprehensive production aspects, while 3AD, the production firm of actor Denial Dae Kim played in ‘Lost’ and ‘Hawaii Five-o,’ and EnterMedia, a production company to adapt Korean dramas to the US format, will be in charge of practically producing the remake series.

By Eugene Yu

===============

Original article at http://koreabizwire.com/cbs-in-us-remakes-good-doctor-starred-by-joo-won-and-moon-chae-won/17931

Notice from joowon508.com

09012014_zpsa5d24a5a.png

from @mei8805 :D

It is said that there will be a website maintenance/updates on September 4 and 5, 2014.  So sorry for the inconvenience it may cause to those camping at joowon508.com. And on September 11, 2014, an announcement about Joo Won's Fan Meeting (in Korea) will be announced.

>>> awww, Korea fan meeting. Hopefully some of us will be able to go and have a fan account, videos and pics. It would be a bit difficult for me, situation is not on my favor. Aisssh... oh well. It may be on the last days of September... according to my crystal balls... yes balls, its kinda shiny, round, bouncy two balls, but balls may be mistaken so better wait until September 11. To see Cutie again is my goal and my dream but maybe this time... its not going to be a reality... sighs.... th_21.gif