Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

I have been watching movies and dramas without Joo Won in them and I would always find myself thinking "Joo Won can do this one better" or "Hmmm...would Joo Won be able to do this? Maybe yes, probably not. Yet." So you see, I can be watching a show without Joo Won in it and yet this man pervades my mind.

Drama Watching

I am starting to be an ahjussi admirer. Admiring and sometimes in awe of their acting.  So while half the world is besotted by extra terrestrial being and chaebol princes, I am immune. That said, I consider Cutie very different from his peers. Beneath his aegyo nature and cute dimples, I see a very mature man, a lot more than he lets on. With the exception of Cutie, my taste now is actors in their 30s and 40s. Rather, I would say it's their acting that attracts me.

I watched <King of Drama> and was awed by Kim Myung Min's acting. The only other show I have seen him was in the movie "Deranged". But his Anthony in King of Drama was so perfectly characterized and fleshed out, despicable, pitiful, comical and yet someone you end up rooting for. I just marathoned "God's Gift 14 Days" and though I am more interested in the whodunit than fangirling on Jo Seung Woo/Cho Seung Woo, I am nonetheless impressed by his acting and charisma. I knew him sometime ago as the guy who belted out "This is the Moment" from Joo Won's musical Jekyll and Hyde. Then my admiration grew when I discovered his great acting in "Marathon" where he acted as an autistic man. He is currently getting a lot of good reviews and raves on his role as the flawed hero Dong Chan in God's Gift.

Movies

I watched a few really good shows and 1 totally craptastic one. When Grandmaster won a record number of awards at the Hong Kong Film Awards and praised for raising the standard of kungfu genre, I almost threw up my breakfast over my papers. I digress. Back to awesome movies.....12 years A Slave, Captain Philips and Philomena were really enjoyable, not to mention the acting of the leads in these movies. But the one who surprised me was Matthew Conaughey. Although I didn't watch him in Dallas Buyers Club in which he won Best Actor, I was impressed with his minor role in The Wolf of Wall Street. I knew of his existence in Hollywood but when I wiki him, I realized he made a dramatic turn in his career as an actor in the recent years in successful projects like the drama "The True Detective" and successful movies back to back in "The Wolf" and "Dallas Buyers Club" after years of forgettable romcoms. It is when I watched him and actors like Tom Hanks, Leonardo Di Caprio, Judi Dench and many acting greats out there that I truly appreciate these professionals who I deduced love their craft and continue to perserve even when there are long bouts of dry spell or still work hard at acting when they have already amass fortune and fame. Recently when I read Denzel Washington garnered rave reviews in the Broadway "A Raisin in the Sun", it immediately reminded me of Cutie. Find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life. 

Joo Won is the youngest or one of the youngest to win the prestigious "Korea 26th PD Award" but I know I have not seen the best of this man yet.

Guest mydeed

Wah wah wah... Palli palli Thursday!

I hope PD Ki Min Soo will attend the award ceremony too :-)  Joo Won was successful at 2012 KBS Drama Awards & Baeksang Awards for Ki PD's Ojakgyo Brothers and he did it again this time with Good Doctor.  Congratulations for their awesome collaborations.

Wonder when will he come back with a new drama, we have to wait for 2 years from OB to GD and I hope Ki PD and Joo Won can work together again in the future. 

Ahh, can't wait to see Dr. Park Si-on/Moon Jun Won tomorrow.  We miss you bebeh!

Cutie just tweeted... he is probably worried for the missing passengers of the cruise ship/ferry that capsized earlier today.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/more-300-people-missing-south-korea-ferry-sinks-073745553.html

I hope that he is not too affected by the news, and I pray for the passengers and their families :(

I read in Baidu that all the 3 TV stations are not airing their regular programmes tonight and are focusing on the updates on the unfortunate incident.