Shorts and leggings.

Guest CriticalHit

Guest Painterlyy

It's super cute but I think it looks cuter when the leggings have a print on it.

like the 3rd photo.

And I think black tights look better than black leggings. :P

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crackednut

Yes with tights, no with leggings.

I just don't like that many interrupting horizontal lines on the leg...shorts, leggings, shoes. Even on a skinny girl its too much and ends up looking sloppy more times than not.

Guest Vic-Vic

The examples you showed us are fine, because they're tights with shorts. But leggings with shorts?? not a fan.

Guest Pulchritude

Yeah it's fine, no biggie, it just really depends on the indivduals' style. Although I prefer no leggings/tights under my jean shorts, I work it more with my dress up/work attire.

Guest Supernike911

i like doing that myself sometimes... but my friends were either like, "ugh, what're you wearing?" or "omg u'r so cute i love you".

it really depends of where u r and who you're with xD

Guest xindi

Yea there was a topic about this, but it was about shorts with tights ... and to everyone preferring tights over leggings, what's the difference? If someone was wearing opaque tights and another was wearing stirrup leggings, they would look same to me o_o

that said, I think this trend is super cuuute!

Guest hikaruchan03

I agree with xindi. Do you guys actually mean you prefer the tights to be sheer?

Yeah...I think it can look cute but I haven't actually tried it myself. I just see a lot of girls sporting this.

Guest carol

Shorts & leggings is kind of weird to me, but shorts with stockings are really cute. Leggings are too opaque.

Guest tokurei

i wear shorts with stockings all the time. 0:

but the idea of shorts with leggings sounds abit weird. D:

Guest plumplum

Well, girls at my university wore leggings under athletic shorts, which I think looks ridiculously frumpy and lazy.

Cuter with jean shorts or other shorts.

Guest Atmosphere.

I love those a lot... it's because I don't like to show my legs since it looks too boney +_+;

Or it looks out of shaped cause I don't exercise... my legs look hideous T_T!!!

Guest stylebubble

I think it's cute with tights. leggings and stockings are too thick. I wear them like the second picture.

Guest lalaiam__XD

Yeah, this style is pretty cute, but I don't like when like the leggings are a dark color, and the shorts you are wearing are a very contrasting color, such as black leggings and white shorts. Now that I think about it, it's just better to wear pants, LOLOLOL. It's better to wear tights than leggings; leggings are too opaque. Tights are more sheer. Anyways, I remember one time going out with khaki shorts and tights on, and my dad was like "WTF ARE YOU WEARING?" I was like, "Dad, I'm covered up, what's wrong with that?" And he said the reason I just stated, it was too contrasting, and he said I should just wear pants, or lose the leggings. And yeah, I believe it only works on some people if you have relatively thin legs...I remember seeing a rather chubby girl wearing shorts and tights, AND she wore spandex ( I saw it peeking out of the shorts), o.O.

Guest AoiAi

I don't like it. If you pair shorts with tights, that's another story though. :lol: Personally, I don't wear shorts with leggings/tights because it's just... not my style.

Guest anitazhou

i also agree with xindi. tights or leggings, either way, you're still wearing something under your shorts right? i do think solid black leggings are a big much, but leggings in solid, modest colours are fine (i do it often during that weird fall/winter weather).

but one thing i do have a problem with: it's not quite related to this topic, but i HATE it when i see wrinkles on someone's tights/leggings cause they're too loose!!! especially around the back of the knee area. omGG i dont know why it bothers me but it just looks SO bad!

Archived