Universities/Colleges in the Philippines

Guest driftwood023

Guest sarah_luisa

^^ really i kn0w 2 people from my class(b4 in d' phil) back in h.s. taking up ab psycho they're in their 1st year 2nd sem

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neinsager

so now that entrance exam results are out, have you guys decided where to go yet?

haaay im graduating in march na! it all happened so fast. college is fun, but i really want to move on.

Guest chopsticksandspoon

^

eo!~

we never got to finish our battle!~

haha

anyways,

nag-apply ka po sa UP?

sana manila campus ka!!!!!

haha.

para magkita tayo. :P

madalang kasi akong magpunta ng diliman eh. and i have no plans of moving there now.

stick to manila na ako.

:P

grawr.

sana makapasa yung mga nag ACET!~

dream school.

lols.

Guest neinsager

yeah UP is a good school too. not my dream school for college, but when you look at their roster of notable alumni, the kind of professors they have (some the best in their field in this country), and the quality of students that they attract, it's no wonder why the name UP carries so much prestige. don't get me wrong, i love my school (ateneo) and have no regrets that i spent my college life here. it's been my dream university since i entered high school. but i doubt it if all soon-to-be college students have the same preference as mine. having said that, if you get accepted, mag-ateneo kayo sa college, hehe. it's a bit expensive, but the people are friendly, the campus is pretty, and the teachers are great (well... err... most of the time, hehe). overall i can say that the experience is worth it.

anyway, like many people here who are still trying to decide which college to attend, im at a crossroads myself. im about to graduate from college in march and i still have no clear idea what i'm going to do after getting my diploma. haha, typical fresh grad twentysomething dilemma noh? when i entered college, i was so sure it was simply a preparation for the real thing, law school. but now im having doubts.

here's the thing. exam results came out 2 days ago (for UP law) and im fortunate enough to get accepted without having to go through that nerve wracking interview (yes, the one that miriam santiago's son got so depressed about). while im happy about it, im still undecided though whether or not i should take the slot. it's a difficult decision to make. it's not about choosing between one school over another, it's about choosing how to live my life for the next four years and even beyond, and taking full responsibility for whatever decision i make. i have only until april to decide. one one hand, it's a rare opportunity, one that is hard to pass up and unlikely to come again. on the other hand, after going out of college, i would want to see a bit of the real world first and develop the kind of maturity and focus that law school requires. because right now, i really have no idea how i'm going to hack law school. yes, i passed the friggin exam, but that is by no means an assurance that i can and am willing to go through four years of torture from law professors.

although i fancy myself a future lawyer, in many ways, im still a 14 year old fan boy at heart, a phase that unfortunately i havent grown out of (im 20 by the way). law students don't spend hours on pinoyexchange, soompi and other forums looking for updates on their favorite drama series. law students don't go on weekly gimiks and waste time gossiping about showbiz personalities and other people in real life. law students don't spend hours and hours watching random videos on youtube. a lot of law students don't have love lives. law students don't have lives, period. law students STUDY. and that's pretty much all there is to it. sounds miserable noh? and yet, i want it, not now but perhaps when im ready.

ewan talaga :unsure::(

Guest joneesmilie

i passes UPCAT but I'm in UST right now..^-^

1st year student, taking up BS Biologyy... Am planning to shift courses though... Gah!

Guest polabola

^

eo!~

we never got to finish our battle!~

haha

anyways,

nag-apply ka po sa UP?

sana manila campus ka!!!!!

haha.

para magkita tayo. :P

madalang kasi akong magpunta ng diliman eh. and i have no plans of moving there now.

stick to manila na ako.

:P

grawr.

sana makapasa yung mga nag ACET!~

dream school.

lols.

yeah my bad! sorry :x...matatapos yan ^_^ konting rounds na lang eh hehehehehe. Medyo busy pa ako pati rin sa mga requests here and beyond (may pinapagawa sa akin na Grad ball invitation ><)

sana nga magkita tayo lol. Malamang sa Diliman ako mapupunta, kasi andyan course ko..archi, pinagpipilian ko pa kung sa ADMU or UST (pag pumasa ako) kung hindi ako pasok sa UP :sweatingbullets:

It's odd na maraming nakapasa sa DLSUexam kahit yan yun pinakamahirap ^^

yeah UP is a good school too. not my dream school for college, but when you look at their roster of notable alumni, the kind of professors they have (some the best in their field in this country), and the quality of students that they attract, it's no wonder why the name UP carries so much prestige. don't get me wrong, i love my school (ateneo) and have no regrets that i spent my college life here. it's been my dream university since i entered high school. but i doubt it if all soon-to-be college students have the same preference as mine. having said that, if you get accepted, mag-ateneo kayo sa college, hehe. it's a bit expensive, but the people are friendly, the campus is pretty, and the teachers are great (well... err... most of the time, hehe). overall i can say that the experience is worth it.

anyway, like many people here who are still trying to decide which college to attend, im at a crossroads myself. im about to graduate from college in march and i still have no clear idea what i'm going to do after getting my diploma. haha, typical fresh grad twentysomething dilemma noh? when i entered college, i was so sure it was simply a preparation for the real thing, law school. but now im having doubts.

here's the thing. exam results came out 2 days ago (for UP law) and im fortunate enough to get accepted without having to go through that nerve wracking interview (yes, the one that miriam santiago's son got so depressed about). while im happy about it, im still undecided though whether or not i should take the slot. it's a difficult decision to make. it's not about choosing between one school over another, it's about choosing how to live my life for the next four years and even beyond, and taking full responsibility for whatever decision i make. i have only until april to decide. one one hand, it's a rare opportunity, one that is hard to pass up and unlikely to come again. on the other hand, after going out of college, i would want to see a bit of the real world first and develop the kind of maturity and focus that law school requires. because right now, i really have no idea how i'm going to hack law school. yes, i passed the friggin exam, but that is by no means an assurance that i can and am willing to go through four years of torture from law professors.

although i fancy myself a future lawyer, in many ways, im still a 14 year old fan boy at heart, a phase that unfortunately i havent grown out of (im 20 by the way). law students don't spend hours on pinoyexchange, soompi and other forums looking for updates on their favorite drama series. law students don't go on weekly gimiks and waste time gossiping about showbiz personalities and other people in real life. law students don't spend hours and hours watching random videos on youtube. a lot of law students don't have love lives. law students don't have lives, period. law students STUDY. and that's pretty much all there is to it. sounds miserable noh? and yet, i want it, not now but perhaps when im ready.

Oo nga ang hirap gumawa ng choices. I know a handful of people too who don't want to go to UP because of it's other reputation and being too liberal.

Konting response/advice lang sa post mo kahit wala pa ako sa college hehehee

I think you should try working first and get experience before persuing your law studies. When you feel like you're ready and mature enough for the responsiblities of being a law student, then that's the time you study again. It's like taking a good and well-deserved vacation, so you won't have to miss anything when you're in it na.

Guest chopsticksandspoon

while im happy about it, im still undecided though whether or not i should take the slot. it's a difficult decision to make.

ah. i've always wanted to be a lawyer. so parang, i'm already VERY decided to enter law school.

but reading that last paragraph of yours made me go O.0 !!!!!

ibig sabihin walang shinhwa???

WALANG SHINHWA????

*kills self*

pero yeah, law school pa rin ang bagsak ko (kung makapasa man ako, which is... kinda malabo).

fine. di na ako mag-la-law school.

^^

just made up my mind.

yeah my bad! sorry :x...matatapos yan ^_^ konting rounds na lang eh hehehehehe. Medyo busy pa ako pati rin sa mga requests here and beyond (may pinapagawa sa akin na Grad ball invitation ><)

sana nga magkita tayo lol. Malamang sa Diliman ako mapupunta, kasi andyan course ko..archi, pinagpipilian ko pa kung sa ADMU or UST (pag pumasa ako) kung hindi ako pasok sa UP :sweatingbullets:

It's odd na maraming nakapasa sa DLSUexam kahit yan yun pinakamahirap ^^

dapat!~

lols.

kaya mo yan! fighting!~

grawr. bakit ba lahat ng tao nasa diliman???

pero really, mag admu ka kapag nakapasa kang admu ^^ dream school ko yun. tanga lang ako kaya di ako nakapasa. grawr.

lols.

dlsu?

nasurprise talaga ako nung nakapasa ako dun eh. kasi nakatulog ako nung math test. aircon ba naman yung room!!!! tapos hapon pa ako... kaya ang sarap matulog. kakakain lang din. ayun tuloy...

Guest cpopbaby19

^LOL. right. I am thinking about going to law school after college too. :mellow: but yeah, on what neinsager , parang natakot ako. lol. I think it's still early to decide things, cuz I'm still thinking about transferring to admu. it's my dream school and i really really wanna get there, but i didn't pass the freshmen exam. plus, i got lazy and forgot the transferee exam. T__T oh man. But the thing is, i'm really decided on my course right now. Which is International studies. Sa miriam lang ako. Basically ilang steps lang, makakarating na ako sa admissions ng ateneo! LOL haha! and if i do decided to transfer, my problem is that walang International studies sa ateneo. and the course is like suitable for me. .__. di ko alam, pero i really feel it. haha.

and dun sa dlsu exam. naku. 215454 times ko nang pinapaulit ulit, pero di ko talaga inasahang papasa ako dun. and hindi nga ako pumasa! hehhe. ang hirap ba naman ng math exam! T__T; di ko natapos and i only guessed more than half in the science part. :mellow: but anyways.. haha

Guest neinsager

thanks guys for your feedback. but you see, it seems that life outside law school isn't much of a vacation either. i already talked to my friends who are in law school (in UP and ateneo) and those who pursued other career paths. all of them said that life, wherever they ended up, turned out to be much harder than it was when they were still in college. so really, i don't know what to do. i can't stay in college forever, i have to move on and go somewhere. i just don't know where. right now im carefully evaluating my choices. i'm going to meet with my former high school debate teammate, whom i havent talked to for a long time, to ask him what life is like in UP law. i talked to another friend (also from high school, haha parang reunion kami run pag tumuloy ako) who also goes to UP law, and he said that while he doesnt discourage me from pursuing law studies, it would help if i work for a year first, and then decide if i really want it. id like to get a second, third, fourth opinion though so my decision will be as informed as it can be. at least, if i decide to go to law school, the shock will be somewhat lessened. forewarned is forearmed, diba?

also, all my law school friends said that it's not really impossible to have a life outside law school. you can still obsess over shinhwa, although maybe not as rabidly as you do now. besides i highly doubt it if by that time, your taste in music hasn't matured yet. because the truth is, we cant boy band worship forever.

ah sya nga pala, upcat results are out. good luck sa inyong lahat! medyo mabagal yung site eh. the best thing to do is to go to UP and check it yourself. trust me, it's much more exciting.

http://upcat.up.edu.ph/results/

Guest polabola

ah. i've always wanted to be a lawyer. so parang, i'm already VERY decided to enter law school.

but reading that last paragraph of yours made me go O.0 !!!!!

ibig sabihin walang shinhwa???

WALANG SHINHWA????

*kills self*

pero yeah, law school pa rin ang bagsak ko (kung makapasa man ako, which is... kinda malabo).

fine. di na ako mag-la-law school.

^^

just made up my mind.

dapat!~

lols.

kaya mo yan! fighting!~

grawr. bakit ba lahat ng tao nasa diliman???

pero really, mag admu ka kapag nakapasa kang admu ^^ dream school ko yun. tanga lang ako kaya di ako nakapasa. grawr.

lols.

dlsu?

nasurprise talaga ako nung nakapasa ako dun eh. kasi nakatulog ako nung math test. aircon ba naman yung room!!!! tapos hapon pa ako... kaya ang sarap matulog. kakakain lang din. ayun tuloy...

confirmed! diliman na talaga ako ^_^

Guest lheeyah

^ diliman din ako, ECE. kahit parang gusto ko rin sa ibang school, alam ko naman na ngaun pumasa na ako ng UP wala na akong choice kundi pumunta dun. oh well, at least hindi na akong maghihirap pang mag-decide.

Guest polabola

naks naman, congrats polabola! see you at UP next school year!

well... err... if i decide to go. maybe. :unsure::lol:

go mag soompi UP EB tayo ^_^

^ diliman din ako, ECE. kahit parang gusto ko rin sa ibang school, alam ko naman na ngaun pumasa na ako ng UP wala na akong choice kundi pumunta dun. oh well, at least hindi na akong maghihirap pang mag-decide.

congrats din sayo! BS Architecture ako..

sabi ko nga eh, pag di ako pumasa ng UP, mamimili pa ako...hwag na hehehehe

Guest cpopbaby19

^lol tag ako jan! XD kahit hindi taga UP. lols

anyways, WOW naman...! congrats sa inyo~ XP :) hope you guys enjoy college life..! hehee.

Guest neinsager

you know what, ive thought about it. maybe i should give law school a try, even for just one sem. how will i know if i like it if i havent tried it, right? i just talked to my friend and high school classmate who's now in up law. he agrees. tsaka sayang yung slot. so, yehey, im going.

polabola, game ako. im up for that soompi up eb next school year, hehe. see ya!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived