Universities/Colleges in the Philippines

Guest driftwood023

^ haha all right thanks. anyway if you're not particular about the law school you would want to attend, it's easy to get accepted into one and become a law student. schools like san beda don't really care much about their admissions as much as their retention requirements.

haha, don't worry too much about sleep or social life. you will get enough. it's all about time management and excellent cramming skills that you will get to develop in college.

i don't know about the frustrations of seeing my batchmates already getting jobs though. surely, some of them got financially rewarding jobs that offer a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth. but that's not what i hear about most of the time. my friends from ateneo keep telling me how lucky i am that i don't have to work yet. especially if you enter law school right after college, a lot of your batchmates will probably get 9 to 5 jobs in makati where they stay in their cubicles all day, with pay that's not even enough to support their college lifestyles. that's hardly anything that i would look forward to. you however, as a law student, get to study at your own pace and spend money that you don't have to earn yourself. you don't have a boss. if you botch a recit or an exam, you don't have anyone to answer to but yourself.

of course, after law school, you might decide to join a law firm, and therefore, the ranks of the makati 9-to-5ers. imagine 30 case piles randomly strewn across the floor of your office. but you will probably make a lot more money in the long run, which is kind of the point of going to law school anyway. yeah. you weren't thinking of saving the country with your super awesome lawyer powers, were you? hehe.

yeah.. i heard it is quite hard to retain there in san beda

they dismiss students like every sem or something T_T

thank you so much for the tips, advices and stuff

it is really helpful cause you actually say the good and the bad

so the pressure on adjusting and doing poorly is quite lessened for me

hahaha! saving the country with my awesome super lawyer powers?

why not?! hehe.. this country could really do some savin..

but aside from that, i just don't wanna have anymore regrets

i don't wanna be sitting somewhere 10 years later thinking i should've really dared to do this

granted that we're entering a pretty screwed up world, many in our own generation dares to dream, and fight, and risk, in order to succeed. we should do no less.

*read that in their prospectus..XD

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest geronsky

^why hello April~ ^^

Yes, HOMG :D It's rare that I get to spazz with someone of the same age (in person) hahaha~ Are you coming to Cassiopeia Philippine's gathering this week (on the 19th)?

Congrats!~ Some of my friends are going to Ateneo as well~

I don't think I'm going to the gathering though. I haven't attended one yet. I'm afraid I'll get all out of place because I don't know anyone. XD

I'm from MC too, but I'm older than you both lol. I'm an incoming senior and I'm taking up CDE..

Speaking of IS, some of my friends in IS are taking up their OJT now, and they're going to the US. Awesome!

^ Hey I didn't know you were from MC~ XD

And wow you're going to be a senior already~

Guest cpopbaby19

Wow you're studying at MC? I just graduated high school there and I'll be going to college there soon too~ I'm going to take up the same course as well.

I actually wanted to go to UPLB or UST before because I wanted a new school.. but my parents wanted a school that was close to my house. Now I'm fine with MC as my school =D I'm actually excited about college.. since I got the course that I want.

Aww~ GO IS! 8D HAHA You're seriously gonna have fun with all the philosophers~ XD I hope you'll have Ms Israel as your professor in Socio-Political Thought. :]

Let's meet up in June~ ROFL. :P

I'm from MC too, but I'm older than you both lol. I'm an incoming senior and I'm taking up CDE..

Speaking of IS, some of my friends in IS are taking up their OJT now, and they're going to the US. Awesome!

OMG! T_T Yess. I know them~ +__+ (Officers of ISsoc. lol Ate Nash and Kam! :P ) I just saw their first leg of pictures in multiply~ +_+ But MUN is too hard. lol. I might do it next year though. 8D

Guest badstar

^ Hey I didn't know you were from MC~ XD

And wow you're going to be a senior already~

Yes, I'm gonna be a senior soon. lol and you're an incoming freshman right? We might bump into each other some time. Dont take IS! haha Take CDE instead! I'm an officer and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in my course! haha

Anyhooo, I'm like you, I haven't been to any of the CassPh gathering, I only know a few people and yes, I'm also too shy to go there without knowing anyone. haha

OMG! T_T Yess. I know them~ +__+ (Officers of ISsoc. lol Ate Nash and Kam! :P ) I just saw their first leg of pictures in multiply~ +_+ But MUN is too hard. lol. I might do it next year though. 8D

Yea, you should! it'll be a great experience for you. And that'll be nice to see in your resume.^^

Guest cpopbaby19

^O.M.G.

You're a CDEC officer!?! :o We might've bumped into each other before since I was the TAPAT campaign manager for the previous elections. ;_; Daannggg. What's your position? XD

AHAH Battle of the courses here! ROFL. IS vs CDE! 8D

Guest kehlo

i'm a freshie from UP Diliman...haha! it's really nice to be in college!

it's a lot of fun...well, except for those times you need to meet particular deadlines...

haha! but i enjoy it...YEY! :lol:

Guest badstar

^O.M.G.

You're a CDEC officer!?! :o We might've bumped into each other before since I was the TAPAT campaign manager for the previous elections. ;_; Daannggg. What's your position? XD

AHAH Battle of the courses here! ROFL. IS vs CDE! 8D

Haha.. I'm not from Tapat, I'm from VOX.. lol I'm the president of CDEC... Wow! You're the campaign manager? I forgot who ours was, coz I didn't really care. hahaha!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keiko04

Hwaiting, keiko04! May we know your real name, by the way? (: Anyway, if you're taking the UPCAT, take the ACET too XD

Hahaha, just kidding :D See you in... 2010, hopefully <3

This is really late, but thank you. ^^ I'm Kiara (: Ah, I'll probably end up taking as many tests as possible, just so I'm sure I'll actually get into a uni... And in case unexpected things happen =_=

worry about your SAT first before the upcat.

if you're graduating from an american high school, you will need to get a score of at least 1200 in your SAT to get automatic admission to UP. otherwise, you will have to take the upcat.

Ah, thanks, I forgot about that. Hmm, 1200 out of 2400? ><;

One thing I'm worrying about UP, though, is that if they'll accept students who took AP classes/exam(s). @@; I'll have to look into that.

v Ah, thank you ^^ I only looked at the main page *facepalm*

Now that's a pretty high score to aim for o_o

Guest neinsager

^ hmmm maybe. but it can also be 1200/1600 if they disregard the writing test.

it says in the rules:

NEW FRESHMEN

General Requirements

Graduates of Philippine and foreign high schools accredited by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports may be admitted as freshmen into the University based on the following: (1) performance in the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT); and (2) weighted average of final grades obtained in high school. A total combined score of 1200 for the verbal and mathematics subtests in the Scholastic Aptitude Test (S.A.T) will also qualify an applicant for admission as freshman to the University.

Guest wiijee

i'm a freshie from UP Diliman...haha! it's really nice to be in college!

it's a lot of fun...well, except for those times you need to meet particular deadlines...

haha! but i enjoy it...YEY! :lol:

congrats for making it this far... hehehe

i'm an incoming fourth year Isko. ^^

Guest neinsager

^ it depends on the pace of the professors. some are incredibly slow or show up only when they feel like it. and some would rather discuss a large number of cases than be thorough with a few ones. but most professors rarely discuss more than 10 cases in a one hour session. that's about enough time to go over all the important issues. so on most days, we read maybe around 10-15 cases. not really inhumane. anyway, most of these cases are only 20-30 pages long so it's not really hard to finish them. sometimes you can even pick the parts that you want to read. for example, if it's for a constitutional law class, it won't help you to focus on the civil law aspect of the case.

it's not really the number of cases that matters. it's more about how complex the issues are. some cases, like those in legal ethics, are simple and short. so even if you have to read 20 of them, it doesn't feel burdensome. but if there's a long landmark decision in your case pile (some of which can go up to 300-400 pages long), you can expect your weekend to be miserable.

God! Thank god I found this thread! (:

I'm currently a high school senior. I'm still deciding for what course I want to take. I'm leaning unto Interior Design, International Studies (major in Japanese Studies), or Information Technology. Could you guys help me pick a good college to take all these courses?

Just one question? In Philippine colleges... is it possible to get minors? Like... Let's say I'm majoring in Interior Design... can I minor in International Studies?

Is that possible or would it at least double my tuition?

===

By the way my first choice for a college is La Salle... and next is UST (in where I'm currently studying as a high school student btw)

Guest badstar

^^My bestfriend is taking up Japanese Studies in DLSU, I think it's the only one that offers that course.

RE the minors case. I'm not really sure about this, but I think your minor should be related to the course you are majoring at. I'm not sure about other schools, but in my school, I think it's required for us to have a minor. Like in my case, I have a minor in Special Education. Of course you have to pay for the units of your minor.

Guest cpopbaby19

^Ateneo also has Japanese Studies.

I think it depends on the school if you can have minors. Coz my course is International Studies major in International Politics, minoring in Peace Studies but I didn't choose it. :x (btw, I'm studying in miriam) We are practically forced to take this minor because it's related to my track/major (badstar and I are from the same school so it's the same deal for us). :tears:

In TOP universtities like DLSU, ADMU, UP, UST etc others.. I believe you can choose your own minor.

^ ADMU has Japanese Studies... but I believe that it's not as thorough as the curriculum that DLSU has for its Japanese Studies degree.

And from what I understand, the Japanese Studies that ADMU offers can only be taken as a 'minor'. (o.o)

(I assumed that way, since I don't see it under the Undergrad Degrees list)

To anyone who's kind enough, what are the career options under Multimedia Arts?

Guest 15;;1/2

Japanese studies in ADMU is offered as a minor, while the one in DLSU is AB International Studies major in Japanese studies.

@ &kara04: A degree in multimedia arts can land you a job in advertising, film / tv / media, photography, graphic design, teaching (in art schools). Depending on your school's program, you may choose a concentration such as animation or 3D design or other related things.

Guest sweetRUI

Hi! I'm from CSB taking up MMA...

actually MMA caters to almost anything media and communication...you can work as a 3d/2d animator, photographer, illustrator, graphic artist, web designer, film director/producer/editor....basically, the course also allows you to choose a track on which you want to focus on....but you're still going to take up other multimedia subjects as well...

you may land a job in media industries but as far as I see it...you can even apply for jobs in companies that are communication based....you can be assigned in their marketing and creative depts.

MMA is a wide variety of careers all combined in one course....it actually depends on you on which field you want to focus on...

^___^

CSB is also a good school if you plan to take up Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Music Production, Digital Film Making, Photography, Animation, Technical Theater, Production Design, Arts Management...i forgot the other one...yikes...

hahaha...i'm promoting...^^

Guest ikay

^^ same as aya, also an mma student at benilde.. :)

(were classmates, actually.. xD)

To anyone who's kind enough, what are the career options under Multimedia Arts

aya has said most of the career options you can have under mma.. ^^

um.. there's also digital film and photography which are given as courses, too.. :D

and yeah, it helps for marketing.. a lot.. xD

it's mostly for media and communication, so you can land a job at companies like abs-cbn or gma.. :)

Archived