Universities/Colleges in the Philippines

Guest driftwood023

Guest neinsager

^^cpopbaby19 that would be great. tsaka diba international studies ang course mo? ok yan kasi wala masyado nun dito. there are too many polsci, philosophy, econ and legal management graduates in law school already, in up law at least. basically people whose default option after college is legal studies (ok im guilty of this too. hehe). i guess diversity would enhance the law school experience. tsaka konti lang nanonood ng koreanovela dito. najojologan sila sakin pag yun na ang topic. wala tuloy ako gaanong makakwentuhan hehe.

study hard na para maganda grades mo. depending on the law school, admission can get pretty competitive. good luck i hope you think about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cpopbaby19

^ yup. :) LMAO! i cracked up at the kdrama thing. xD i suddenly missed watching dramas! T_T; i'm actually pulling an all nighter because i did two papers to be passed later at three. <_< (one is 10 pages and the other two.) T__T grrr. ang hirap ng IS! HAHA!

My dad actually suggested me just recently that i take up law after my undergrad. ._. i'm still thinking about it and well, i really don't know what happens in the future. :P

Guest iya.donghae

^

O________________O

HOLY!? Fine arts? OMG! XD Update here when you already have major subjects. lmao. i'd like to know what that course studies. :P even though i can't draw for my life. yeah, my drawings are damn wicked. -_- as in it'll kill you, the bad way. lol.

and it's okay to be busy. XD when i was in my first year, i definitely had hard time adjusting my study habits.. everything. -__-'' and now, i'm a second year already makes me feel kind of comfortable cramming, doing essays (especially! XD i can make a full essay in less than an hour! LMAO)

like what they say.. 'sanayan lang' :)

^Ahaha.

We ard have major subjects. They're bloody.

Especially the finals. Oh well! 2 down! 5 more to go! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Taking up Nursing (doesn't everyone these days? XD) at Riverside College.

Grabe, saludo ako sa lahat ng Law students dito. :worship:

man...Nursing is tough as it is, but Law is soooooo.... huwaaah.

I wanted to take up Mass Comm...but dad made me take up BSN. meh. life sucks.

Guest neinsager

^hehe di naman. some my classmates from high school went on to study nursing. a lot of them were average students back then and took up nursing because they didn't know what they wanted to major in. tumino naman sila at natutong mag-aral. now they're nurses. kaka-pasa lang ng board.

some of us went on to study law. and those who did are still law freshies. except for a couple of guys who did their undergrad at dlsu and got their college diplomas one year ahead of us. hehe. still a loooong way to go.

nakukuha naman lahat sa tyaga at aral. lol. who am i kidding? most law profs are just vampires.

masscom is also cool. although yeah, nursing sounds ok too. what's important is that you love what you're doing. if not, well, you just have to learn how to love it.

haha sorry sabaw na

Anyone here from UP?(I'm not, but I want to)

I'm currently a 3rd year eco major and I really hate it! I feel like I'm not learning anything at all!

It's already 2nd semester and I still don't understand even the basic concepts!

I hate all the subjects especially statistics and anything that has to do with numbers!

DOn't ask me why I ended in this major. Long story.

Anyway, it's too late for me to shift so I'm planning to take up linguistics in UP after I graduate.

This is something I realized I actually wanted.

Will they credit my G.E subject even though I'm not from UP?

If they do credit it, how long will I have to study again? 2-3 years?

Also, do I need to take upcat again,or will I just have an interview?

If it's just an interview, what kind of questions should I expect?

I'm not really fit to be in school.

As in I'm not the brightest person, so the least I can do with my life is study something that

I'm actually interested at, but I don't know exactly where to start.

I really need to rearrange my life. help!

Guest neinsager

^im from up diliman though i didnt take my undergrad there (i bleed BLUE!). i was also an economics major. ok naman statistics ah? i actually enjoyed my mathematical econ and econometrics classes back in college even though i already forgot most of it. siguro di mo pa lang ma-appreciate ngayon. but when you start reading and writing research papers (your thesis, for example), you'll realize how helpful they are in analyzing real world phenomenon.

i don't know which subjects they will credit but all up-d transferees i know had to go back to freshman year of college when they transferred. even those who already completed 2 years of college somewhere else had to repeat. how about doing a master's degree instead? it takes only 2 years and it definitely looks better on a resume than 2 (totally unrelated) bachelor's degrees.

^im from up diliman though i didnt take my undergrad there (i bleed BLUE!). i was also an economics major. ok naman statistics ah? i actually enjoyed my mathematical econ and econometrics classes back in college even though i already forgot most of it. siguro di mo pa lang ma-appreciate ngayon. but when you start reading and writing research papers (your thesis, for example), you'll realize how helpful they are in analyzing real world phenomenon.

i don't know which subjects they will credit but all up-d transferees i know had to go back to freshman year of college when they transferred. even those who already completed 2 years of college somewhere else had to repeat. how about doing a master's degree instead? it takes only 2 years and it definitely looks better on a resume than 2 (totally unrelated) bachelor's degrees.

Masters in economics? I'm already a below average student. My grades are barely hanging in there. So, no way!

Teh thing is, I HATE HATE HATE analytical thinking. All those graphs and curves, budget deficit reductions. No matter how hard I try to analyze them, they just won't go through my head.

I think I'll actually excel if I take up something which I will really enjoy.

If given the opportunity, I'd rather be memorizing pages and pages of world history.

Basically, I've been taking the wrong course for the past 4 years, and I've only realized it just recenlty.

----

You're taking law in UP? My cousin also took up law. SHe was even on the top 20 in the bar exams.

Guest neinsager

^no, i mean an MA in linguistics. up offers that program. since you don't like stats, econ grad school is out of the question.

you can finish your econ degree, then go on to take your masters degree in linguistics. MA programs in liberal arts disciplines (eg linguistics, economics, sociology, etc.) don't usually require a bachelor's degree in that particular field. for example, you don't need to be an econ major to take go to econ grad school, although econ grad programs usually require a minimum number of units in math, particularly in multivariable calculus and linear algebra. it's probably the same way in the linguistics department. ask them what their requirements are.

Guest orangeflip

hi fellow pinoys :D

a lot of people are from UP i see... well i studied for two years in UP diliman (BA Journalism) before deciding to transfer to ADMU--i'm now taking up AB Communication.well, i didn't really find my subjects hard in UP, i mean i left UP with a 1.5 gwa... pero i'm not happy lang talaga sa school. i didn't have friends and stuff. but now i'm in ateneo, okay na, i'm very happy :3

weee sembreak na ng most of our schools right? ^^

Guest iya.donghae

W00t. Since Oct 13 pa sembreak namin eh. Up to November 5. My friends are eating their hearts out. Haha. :D 3 weeks of freedom for me. :x

Then Christmas break. Ahh~life is good.

^no, i mean an MA in linguistics. up offers that program. since you don't like stats, econ grad school is out of the question.

you can finish your econ degree, then go on to take your masters degree in linguistics. MA programs in liberal arts disciplines (eg linguistics, economics, sociology, etc.) don't usually require a bachelor's degree in that particular field. for example, you don't need to be an econ major to take go to econ grad school, although econ grad programs usually require a minimum number of units in math, particularly in multivariable calculus and linear algebra. it's probably the same way in the linguistics department. ask them what their requirements are.

I didn't know that!

Thank you so much. I think have hope yet.

But still, those who had their bachelor's degree will have an advantage.

I guess I'll just have to work twice as hard.

Just one more year, then I'm off.

Guest neinsager

^sure you're welcome hehe.

^^ waah buti ka pa! today's my last day. we submitted our final paper just an hour ago. this has been one heck of a sem. sana wala akong bagsak haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cpopbaby19

waa. how do some people enjoy economics? T_T; I swear, i just took Economics w/ lrt last sem and i almost cried blood to get a 3.5! T_T seriously.

anyway, i won't have to deal with eco anymore (for now, at least! YAY~)

man, i hope i won't die with my majors this sem. T_T; i have to read tons of stuff everyday~~ *cries*

• 3 months later...

I'm studying in Ateneo ^^ and I'm a freshman...

But I've been thinking of transferring to UP! =x

I'm taking a fine arts course here, but I'd really like to take up History in UP instead. Would it be difficult? =S I mean will my units be credited ? =/

Guest neinsager

^ uhm. pardon me for asking this, but why would you want to transfer to up-d when there's a history program in ateneo? they have respectable professors as well. you will be in good hands. also, you haven't reached 3rd year yet. that's when ateneo educations starts to get fun.

unfortunately, most if not all of your units won't be credited if you transfer to UP. all the transferees i know had to repeat freshman year.

Archived