Universities/Colleges in the Philippines

Guest driftwood023

ooh.. most of my cousins studies there.. they're taking up nursing.. well most of them do..

i'm supposedly enrolled in University of Santo Tomas a year ago with advertising as my major, but i withdrawed a month before the school started coz i migrated in the us. I didn't have any choice. Actually until now i still regreted that i wasn't able to experience college life in the Philippines.

i think college life in usa > college life in Phil. i had a chance to study in Phil. since it's cheaper, but i decided not to and endure tons of debt for taking up loans. decided to stay in US tho..

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neinsager

^ wise decision hehe. if you're going to stay in the US, unless you're planning to take up nursing, its better to get your undergrad degree there. but if you're going to stay here a local degree is good enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest janeh

hi. ^^

i'm studying in uplb. ^o^

any schoolmates here?

and oh, about college

it's fun when you have friends

*justpassingthroughthestageofbeingalonerhahaha*

and i think the difficulty of the subjects/courses you're taking depends on your professor.

well, that's what i observe. :x

Guest guru_ozami

ooh so there's a thread for filipinos here heh? nice.

i'm studying at dlsu. :)

helloo to all.

Guest cpopbaby19

hi. ^^

any schoolmates here?

and oh, about college

and i think the difficulty of the subjects/courses you're taking depends on your professor.

Oh, right. That's sometimes the case~ :P If you have great professors (that makes you listen to them), even if you don't excel on the subject, there's a higher possibility that your grades will be higher.

Guest neinsager

^ true even in law school. hehe.

but here its amplified three times. the professor is god. since teaching here is done by socratic method, we do daily recits. if you cannot fully answer the question, never mind that you missed just one minute detail that he's looking for, out of a 2-inch pile of cases, for chrissakes, he has license to humiliate you in front of your blockmates, sometimes even to the point of calling you stupid and telling you that you should be in [insert name of "inferior" law school here] instead. this is the way the law has been taught since nobody knows when. and it works, i swear. fighting back is out of the question. the only way to prevent this from happening is by studying harder.

i have teachers though who arent so much into the socratic method. still, they wield almost unlimited powers over our grades, which in effect would give them importance in determining how far we'll go in our legal careers. plus the fact that we'll run into them from time to time in the legal community. never ever ever cross a law professor, hehe.

Guest VitaDolce*

Question:

What are the requirements for PSID [Philippine School of Interior Design]

and do they have website?

thanks

Guest K-Doll

im a senior in highschool and im still deciding where to go for my college.

hekhek. ill be taking the upcat this aug. 4 and i hope i'll pass the exam.

if i do pass it, then ill be studying at UP-Dilliman but if not, guess i just

have to settle at Lasalle. -_-

Guest craziiasschiq

i study in addu (ateneo de davao) im in my sophomore year taking up BSN!wooh koreans are envading our schooL! every year their population is getting bigger! everywhere you'll see a korean! :) but oh not only koreans there are some indonesian, chinese and etc!

i think college life in usa > college life in Phil. i had a chance to study in Phil. since it's cheaper, but i decided not to and endure tons of debt for taking up loans. decided to stay in US tho..
but college in phil is nothing can compared with! we were not really into academics! hahah..

Guest 15;;1/2

Question:

What are the requirements for PSID [Philippine School of Interior Design]

and do they have website?

thanks

I'm not sure, but DLS-CSB students who are taking up Interior Design continue 2 years of their studies their and their practicum. Just check out the PSID site.

• 1 month later...
Guest panda_07_ice

HI!!!

Can anyone list the schools that have linguistics course (major in japanese language)

i know that Lyceum offers a foreign language course,

you will study japanese at your 1st year in college..

UP diliman has an Asian center too

Guest iya.donghae

UST.

Right now my life is hard. Too much workload. Ack. Maybe I'm just adjusting.

I'm a fresh,an, studying Fine Arts majoring in Advertising.

Guest cpopbaby19

^

O________________O

HOLY!? Fine arts? OMG! XD Update here when you already have major subjects. lmao. i'd like to know what that course studies. :P even though i can't draw for my life. yeah, my drawings are damn wicked. -_- as in it'll kill you, the bad way. lol.

and it's okay to be busy. XD when i was in my first year, i definitely had hard time adjusting my study habits.. everything. -__-'' and now, i'm a second year already makes me feel kind of comfortable cramming, doing essays (especially! XD i can make a full essay in less than an hour! LMAO)

like what they say.. 'sanayan lang' :)

Guest neinsager

hi everyone kamusta na kayo. hirap ng buhay freshman no? haaay the sem hasnt even ended yet it already feels like ive been here forever. in my three months in malcolm hall i managed to read probably more than i read in my entire undergrad career. ok that's an exaggerration but i feel helpless just seeing my 4-feet tall stack of readings. and it gets taller everyday. but my mind's made up. im not leaving this place without a law degree. im staying here, even if it kills me. thank god for korean dramas. keeps me sane hehe.

freshman life is hard no? waah i miss college.

Guest cpopbaby19

^waaa. you're taking up law? OMGOMGGG

I've been thinking about taking it up after my undergrad. :S

but i don't know if i'll enjoy it or not.. xP

and yes, i agree! dramas keep me alive too! :P hehee. even when i have an essay due the next day, i still make time to watch dramas to wind up~

hi. ^^

any schoolmates here?

and oh, about college

me? hehehe i was from UPLB then, but i managed to transfer to the flagship campus in Diliman. i was a BS Math and Science Teaching student then. now, i'm a Bachelor in Library and Info Studies stud [a course DOES exist].

Archived