Universities/Colleges in the Philippines

Guest driftwood023

Guest yanshimkim

are they filipinos too?

Yes, Filipinos, too. ^^ But I did have this one Filipino-American classmate who was 21 and a freshman. But he left after one semester. I dunno where he is now. o_o

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest polabola

i asked this on my forum, but is it strange to have classmates that are around 20 years old in freshman-sophomore year of school in PI?

it is actually normal here. I would be 20 by the time I reach my sophomore year in college. This happens because some schools have 7th grades in them. That's why we're a little old, but we fit right in. It's great to feel very young

Guest A-I-Z-A

i asked this on my forum, but is it strange to have classmates that are around 20 years old in freshman-sophomore year of school in PI?

I had a classmate before who's 28 y/o already coz he worked as a seaman and went back to school to take another course... so its no big deal if ur older than ur classmates, they don't care actually as long as ur a nice person

Guest joneesmilie

^i have a classmate in her 20's too and i;m still a freshman in UST ^^

really?! i am too!!! yay!!! hahaha

so what course are taking up? ^_^

i hope someone can answer this..

as i said before, i'm probably going to college in the philippines, but there's a problem my mom and i thought of. since i'm a U.S. citizen going to school in the philippines for 4 years, is there something i'm supposed to do so i can study there? if there's anyone out there who's an american citizen studying in the philippines, PM me plz..

Guest yanshimkim

^ It depends on the school you're going to... Of course, private universities are bound to ask more. :x

Do you have a visa? Erm, a student visa? Or even any other type of immigrant visa? For example, I have a 13G visa.

And schools will ask you for an ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) if you enroll here.

I'm probably forgetting something else, though. :x They'll probably ask you if you have any guardians (if you're not living with your parents).

Btw, I'm an American citizen studying in the Philippines, too. But I've been here since 3rd grade. (:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest heejae

CEBU DOCTOR'S UNIVERSITY here... I'm taking up BS Nursing and its really hard if you're not a studious person like me... hmph...

• 1 month later...
Guest ehytee7

hi im dane.. just new here! from ateneo de davao

ooh.. most of my cousins studies there.. they're taking up nursing.. well most of them do..

i'm supposedly enrolled in University of Santo Tomas a year ago with advertising as my major, but i withdrawed a month before the school started coz i migrated in the us. I didn't have any choice. Actually until now i still regreted that i wasn't able to experience college life in the Philippines.

Guest marianae

Cebu Normal University....taking up BA communication...

so far it's been interesting and challenging at the same time...

Guest neinsager

hey friends! hello to all ateneans and up...uh....er.... people here (what are up students called anyway? hehe). and to everyone else in this thread, especially the INCOMING FRESHMEN (wohoo batch 2011!), hello! haha, parang hosting gig kung magsalita. atenean alumnus here, incoming law freshie at up diliman.

so how did u guys spend your summer? are you psyched about the new school year?

o balita naman dyan sa mga incoming freshies. i hope you guys enjoy your college years. its a lot different from high school because you must and will work harder but do not let the next four years pass without getting really wasted at a party that you wouldnt remember how you ended up sleeping on your couch, lol.

Archived