少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest happy go lucky

I know the discussion has pretty much just died but I just feel like sharing my 2 cents.

Quite frankly I'm surprised most of you are... surprised that they lip sync. If that's the case, it happens a lot more than you realise. Why? The general consensus seems to be that it's because they are lazy, that is not the reason. Other people seem to think it's because of their vocals, again not the reason.

So why? The reason is that, as has been pointed out a number of times, there is just too much of a chance to make a mistake. First of all, most of the girls cannot speak Japanese and even after practicing a LOT to sing at that pace in another language is not easy. In fact in the Genie Don perf when the camera zooms up on Yuri she gets a little tongue tied - understandable. Secondly they are performing outdoors, there's wind, stuff can hit you in the face, etc etc. In addition, given their schedules, it's likely the girls will start to suffer from fatigue AND they need to look after their voices. The girls are at such a high standard that avoidable mistakes like these will be harshly criticised if/when they occur. It's just a contingency.

It's a common (obvious) fact that the girls (and anyone) lip sync quite often, sometimes it's just some of the girls depending on their circumstances (could be suffering from a cold, might have strained their vocal cords, etc). It's nothing new, and artists world wide have been doing it for years.

If it's new concept to you, it's time to get used to it.

As for the emphasis on their legs, it has always been there. The only difference is that in Korea the marketing is less explicit compared to Japan. As someone pointed out a few pages back it's purely an attention tactic. Again, nothing new.

On a more positive note, those outfits were S-M-O-K-I-N-G!!!

Guest cantthinkofaname

i remembe some few pages back, someone posted up japan's oricon chart site, the official site, can someone please re-post it again??? thanks in advance :D

after SM Town concert in shangai, where are the girls heading to? japan or korea? or to taiwan???

after SM Town concert in shangai, where are the girls heading to? japan or korea? or to taiwan???

*more schedules could be added or change*

September Schedule 2010

update as of Sept.10

10th

> [Japan] 05:25AM Mezamashi TV

> [Japan] 08:00AM Tokudane! TV

> [Japan] 11:55AM DON! TV

11th

> [China] 07:00PM SMTOWN LIVE '10 WORLD TOUR in Shanghai

17th

> [Japan] 04:30PM MTV 「少女時代」 IN JAPAN SPECIAL

18th

> [Japan] 03:00PM Girls Award JAPAN 2010 AUTUMN / WINTER

22nd

> Hyoyeon's Birthday

26th

> [Korea] 05:00PM S♡NE 1st Official Fanmeeting

credit: sosiz

Guest Ice-Sama

This thread has been overflowing with too much negativity recently.

First there were some of us concerned about the girls moving to Japan. Then some of us were worried that using 'Genie' as the first song was not going to be successful. Then there some of us who were stressing about the sales. Now there is discussion about the girls' live singing and lipsyncing.

I know its not a bad thing to have a bit of concern about the girls and discussion about this is not neccessarily a bad thing. I for one have had doubts as well. But sometimes we cant do anything else apart from 'believing'. I think some of us should have some confidence in the 9 girls and the fans. And if things don't quite work out at first, its fine. Try again. The girls are still rookies in Japan.

Have a bit of faith.

Also there will always be anti-fans. Its part of life. Sometimes I find that having antis shows signs of success. Your only going to get haters if your good at something. Who's going to hate you if you are not popular to begin with. Try and look at it this way 'if your not hated, then there is something wrong in what you are doing'.

On another note, I am pleased to hear the J-SONEs fanchants. And I loved the outfits too. Its becoming one of my personal favourites.

Guest herojaejoong:)

wow, after seeing how much SNSD already sold. I must say SM and UMJ knows how to rake empty our pockets. I think they purposely put SNSD against these big names not just for exposure but also to fire up SONES in supporting the girls. And fate was on their side since AKB48 unit rookie was also there, putti g more heat to sones on buying CDs hoping to beat another known group. Brilliant. If that's the case, I fell for it, obligingly ofcourse. The power of 9 to me. I have nothing to complain since it's outcome is good.

It looks like everywhere the girls go people are welcoming them with similar enthusiasm and warmness. They really are asia number 1 girls group. Cant wait to see more pics/fancam/fanaccouns from Shanghai :) Cant believe that theyre still managed to smile warmly to the crowds knowing how tired they have been this couple of weeks. Himnae, girls!!

Guest eyeless201

LOL .. Oh.. OK, I see now, when it's about SNSD outselling AKB48 related unit, no problem to mention that group name and no one complaint, but not the other way around. Got it! :lol:

BTW, SNSD has a quite consistent sales, they'll probably get 35k at the end of the week.

Guest Wildcats1204

I know that everyone are worried about the girls health and their status in Japan but let's all have fate on our girls.

All the girls have are us SONEs to back them up

We're here to support them and not put them down

We are here to encourage them to be the top Girl Group that they are right now

Let's give them a smile on whatever the outcome will be

because in the end, SNSD will give us all a smile in return.

I don't worry about the girls not being number one, all I want is to see our girls have fun as they perform.

The smile they give us always put me at ease even though I know they're tired

I will always believe in the Power Of 9 <333

I really love the girls performance and also their outfits!!

I missed their navy blue uniform :)

I'm happy the girls are doing great in Japan

LOL .. Oh.. OK, I see now, when it's about SNSD outselling AKB48 related unit, no problem to mention that group name and no one complaint, but not the other way around. Got it! :lol:

BTW, SNSD has a quite consistent sales, they'll probably get 35k at the end of the week.

Erm..there is one or two sone mentioning akb48-related group(excluding me) which is different from the previous few pages where akb48 related unit was brought up in every comment.

So your sarcasm of us having double standards isn't really needed. And that you don't even give us time to complain about it(since you posted it immediately after a few sone mention french-kiss).

So I read somwhere about the way Oricon determines its charts:

http://tokki.vox.com/library/post/oricon-daily---a-very-technical-post-xd.html

The New Approach

Starting on March 2nd, the Oricon chart now shows the projected actual sales for the previous day.  With the following updates:

• Actual daily sales are collected from the POS System (Point-of-Sale System) of approx. 3,370 stores nationwide (this will be the projected sales you see on Oricon Daily)
  • by the end of the week, additional actual sales are also included from: i) another 700 stores that fax in their weekly sales results;  ii) website sales; iii) sales from promotional events..etc.
  • Therefore, when the weekly sales figure is released, the total projected sales per Oricon Chart =/= total final sales