少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest james18

Chichinhu @ twitter

[Rumor] Today the girls recorded show SMAPxSMAP

OMG. if this is true then I foresee the girls especially Yoona fangirling over Takuya Kimura :)

Guest zahieyjunki

What's your favourite SNSD song to jam to?

out of SNSD singles, i only have 1 song repeated, that is :

1. ITNW (this song will never get old) this is how i knew a girl group named SNSD. i think most of kpop groups debut song, ITNW are one of the best.

2. Forever

3. Star Star Star

4. Complete

5. Echo (they should at least sing this song once on music shows) kinda disspointed sigh* damn Sketchbook should air this but they didn't!

winkme^^ thnx for sharing. ouh how lucky you get jessica's card. i would love to trade anyone with jessica's card in it if my copies has arrive but let's see first cuz i'm ordered 10 copies for myself & friends.

Guest falling_star_142

OMG. if this is true then I foresee the girls especially Yoona fangirling over Takuya Kimura

OMG OMG please please please be true tears.gif though i find it's hard to believe sweatingbullets.gif i don't know, this show is BIG

but yaahh Kimura is mine :wub::P I'm watching you Yoona and Hyoyeon :ph34r: keke

anyways, congrats the girls for reaching #4 spot today :w00t:

man, i'm "nervous but not scared because nine of us (+Sone) are in it together" :wub:

let's conquer Japan together girls :)

favorite Soshi songs?

1. Into the new world (i may not play it as much but it's always my no.1, i bet this song will always hold a special place in Sones hearts)

2. all slow songs: Dear Mom, Complete, Star star star, Forever, Tears, etc, and Tae's If

3. Gee, Genie, Chocolate love, Kissing you, Beginning, Echo, Baby Baby, Merry go round, Hahaha, etc

umh ok this is a lot :wacko:

Guest eyeless201

There is no recent Japanese girl group other than AKB48, Perfume and Morning Musume who sold more than 30K 1st week.

Genie hitting 30K 1st week means surpassing all other J-girlgroups in existence. 30K is not to be taken lightly!

Actually there are more girl groups reach 30k.

Hello Projects idol groups: Morning Musume, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, Buono

AKB48 and it's sub unit: Watarirouka Hashiritai, no3b, Queen & Elizabeth, Team Dragon

SKE48 (this another idol group from Sakae, Nagoya)

SCANDAL

Perfume

That's all I could remember, probably there're more ..

Guest jiawern

OMG. if this is true then I foresee the girls especially Yoona fangirling over Takuya Kimura :)

Haha...lol..don't forget, our hyoyeon too..

Maybe there will be a "fight" between this two to win over his heart ....lol....

Then we'll get to see Im choding and Kim choding "Fighting" lol...

Guest silis7noy2

Ok so the real challenge is the next stages of promotion where we shall put the whole Japanese public under SNSD's spells. There are differing opinions on how the promotion should be done, and there are some heated arguments about this in Korea too... let's keep the discussions here civil ^^

I don't have an idea yet how SM/UMJ will do this exactly. I would like to just observe for the next crucial few weeks.

What is known is that SM stated the general strategy for Japan is to present SNSD "luxuriously" - continue to build reputation as Asia's no 1 girlgroup and transfer that title to Japan and promote correspondingly as artists. The promotion will be gradual under a long term plan(For example SM didn't go all out on Genie promotion to maximize sales because they deemed immediate high sales is not crucial). The concepts to be used in Japan will mostly use the concepts from Korea.

SM explained they skipped on ordinary album sales promotions such as fan signings, handshaking fanmeets that can increase album sales. Instead, through the showcase SNSD was presented with an upscale presence.

Each TV appearance will be very carefully deliberated. Instead of miscellaneous promotional events and frequent TV variety show appearances, SM is planning on holding midsize or large scale concerts as the main means of promoting SNSD.

And all of these while going back and forth all over Korea, Japan, and Other parts of Asia, though activities will be concentrated in Japan during this debut period.

Even though all this is from SM, don't take every single thing at face value. SM is not some almighty omniscient company you know, often times I feel they don't truly understand what SNSD is really about ^^ Or the fans - they couldn't even assess the Jsone fanbase correctly initially for the showcase and had to do a major re-adjusting. Once real promotions start and depending on responses things could make SM change plans in different ways.

And this rumor of girls being on SMAPxSMAP - this is a major big name show and it's actually quite surprising that SNSD got invited already. If true interesting observations can be made... well ok it's just a rumor for now let's wait and see..

Actually there are more girl groups reach 30k.

Hello Projects idol groups: Morning Musume, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, Buono

AKB48 and it's sub unit: Watarirouka Hashiritai, no3b, Queen & Elizabeth, Team Dragon

SKE48 (this another idol group from Sakae, Nagoya)

SCANDAL

Perfume

That's all I could remember, probably there're more ..

Sorry I missed SKE48. Other than that and the ones in my post, the groups you mentioned didn't reach 30K 1st week in their recent releases. Edit: Ok I was using month old data but just checked latest charts and just yesterday Watarirouka did 38K and TD sold lot too. Anyway the point I still make is that other than these AKB48-tied groups, Perfume, and MM, other girl groups haven't reached 30K 1st week - 30K is really a huge number for a new entrant.

Guest herojaejoong:)

SNSD on SMAPXSMAP? Even as a rumor, that's BIG. Everyone knows and watches that show here. I hope this rumor is true.. seriously TT

And Yoona won't be able to stop smiling after seeing her one and only ideal man, rofl. And Hyo too!

But I wish instead of making one-time concerts, I hope SNSD guest up on more shows here. Cos in that way they'll be more exposed to the public... and by just making concerts means only jsones would probably going there. Not much of exposure to public :/

Guest harris90

^^^

Sept 7th - Oricon No.5 (eyeless201 got the figure, GENIE first day sales was 11,000 copies)

Sept 8th - Oricon No.4 (based on No.3 sales, i guess GENIE sold 8,000 to 12,000 copies)

2 days estimated sales will be around 20,000 copies

I LOVE LOVE LOVE TIffany's pic at the previous Page

gosh soooooooo pretty and girly and stunning <333

she kinda look like jessica lol XD jeti

anyway LOL OMG if the rumor true

i can totally imagine Yoona and Hyoyeon having a showdown XD XD XD

kimutaku prob gonna smile all the time there's 2 gorgeous ladies fighting over him

and his family at home prob gonna be jealous lol

Hopefully the SMAP SMAP rumor is true too.  I want the Japanese people know how great the grils are! :) Heheh, there's a news on Allkpop along with pictures to 'prove it' that woori Taengoo and Teukkie are dating cause they're wearing matching bunny earrings. ..

Guest cantthinkofaname

is there any way how we can know how much snsd sold w/ their genie single??? like how w/ hanteo and stuff??

i really want to know the number, or at least a good almost accurate estimation. and when will we get to know how much the girls have sold so far lately? like how when ppl said that snsd sold 11k for the first day...and stuff

Guest mydeeryoona

just wait for weekly chart

all you see are just estimate/make up number

just be patient like when we wait for dvd sales number

so where are snsd right now? Japan or Korea

http://blog.livedoor...s/51744524.html

According to this site, SNSD sold around 7160 copies today for a total of 18420 copies sold.

Comparing with KARA's second day, they only sold around 4281 copies for a total of around 13k copies sold

前日比 アーティスト              水       推定     新         週間

累積    係数      推定 

1 1 嵐(Lφve Rainbow)       121773   354452 1.02      361541

2 2 GLAY                        14584     41652  1.02      42485

3 3 放課後ティータイム

(ごはんはおかず)               12344     30982 1.02      31602

4 4 フレンチ・キス               6802      19475  1.01       19670

5 5 少女時代                    7160       18059  1.02      18420

Guest silis7noy2

The girls are in Japan of course, they're getting ready for the big day tomorrow(or today already) when they will perform live on TV for the first time in Japan~

The show is Tokudane at 8AM JST

Let us not miss it!

Wait but on Nayutawave homepage a new live performance seems to have been added for same day but I'm not sure if it's a typo, let's see if it updates correctly...On front page it says live performance confirmed for DON today but if I click it there is no news...