少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest slowmindedone

I think it's because he wrote his own songs in cnblues album...if you look at gd he look like he doesn't do much but still earn the most was because he wrote his own album

Guest tdrat

I doubt that the list is all that accurate, highly doubt sme or other companies would release the real %'s artists get from album/cf/etc so who knows where they are getting their numbers.  Wouldnt take that list too seriously

Guest taetaeluver

i dont think the chart true 100% not all company will give the true income how much the idol will get for their each job. for CF and drama for example MNET people can get the data from the production company but for the singing n appearing in the show i dont think Sm will never let anyone know how much allowance or payment that our girls will get. recently, they didnt get chance alot to appear in any show due to busy schedule of singing in japan and korea.but still if you can see they appearing alot in biggest company CF n have singing shows alot, so i have also in my mind that SM takes from them alot. i have nothing again Yoona to be in the chart, but i seriously sad no other m embers being there. Taeyeon my bias for example, have three ALL KILL SOLO song. did she should get much royalties for that. if you analyse clearly the chart almost all the face all from all group member get to be in the chart except IU and Lee Seung Gi of course,  so i always are the company disturb singing money equally. in my opinion, member should get money arcording to their lines. main vocalist always strains their vocal cord compared to the dancer n supporting vocalist. and all them to dance in the stage, so it will be seriously unfair for the main vocalist if they get paid almost equal. it's a shamed that they should earn y get paid more from their singing show because idol is all about singing.

if you compare suju member, leetreuk and shindong get  a lot of side job which put which not in the singing form. kyuhyun had musical, KRY, SM the Ballad and SUJU-M so how come he did not at least in 20th place. thus i think this chart only from idol that had side income job only plus with write song n lyrics. no offence. but for their singing i still hope SM will distribute the money equally like i said before. just my opinian not throwing the troll here. sorry for mybad english.

I can only say that what the Sones above me are saying are true. NO COMPANY in their right mind will release exclusive information like this. Neither will any advertising company or the company who hired the artistes reveal how much they pay as well. Everything that's "leaked" or "researched" are all very basic and rounded up figures. Take these information with a grain of salt.

But it's definitely true that composing/ producing [rights] earns the most income.Because even if CF income are higher, it will be split for the group whereas composing and song rights more or less tend to be for individuals. CFs and dramas followed after, respectively.

And can't we Sones tell that our girls are having a pretty good life now? Materialistically, not talking about their schedules. From their airport and casual fashion? I wouldn't worry about how much the girls earn, but I can support them as a fan with the albums, or concerts and merchandise. :) Now that will help.

Guest gdnite

taetaeluver, i don't think taeyeon would get royalty just because her song became all-kill, just payment i think. i know you love taeyeon that much but what with 'member should get money arcording to their lines'? they are singing SNSD songs -_- if that ever happen i think there should be 'pay to members according to their dance steps' ... idol is not all about singing.

Well, I don't know how they are getting the revenue of all these artists from, but I would think because SNSD is 9 members, that profit is split into 9. Again, just a guess and not entirely sure.

i don't think it has something to do with the number of group member. i don't think they share income from solo activities. i remember there was a show where fan asked yoona about income as an actress and as a singer, and she said she got more as actress cause she don't have to split into 9. gd and yonghwa wrote their songs, lsg, jgs, iu, khj are solo artists and despite the fact that yoona has tons of solo cfs since pre-debut (including the big ones like s-oil, innisfree), being lead in dramas, appear in mvs/shows/magazines alone, it does make sense why her name on the list but well, i think this mnet show is always really nonsense, it's not the fact but just their guess/opinion.

Guest seohyunny

why yoona is the only snsd member made it into the list? did yoona get special treatment from sme or something? i think it's kinda unfair for other members if yoona get all of those income from her cf alone cause she is still 'snsd yoona', even it's her solo cf but she is well-known for snsd member. i'm surprised that no taeyeon in the list, taeyeon is the most popular snsd member, most of snsd fans are taeyeon fans, and as someone said, she is the main vocalist, she gets most lines, she works the hardest, her solo songs always all-kill, she is most successful snsd member, so i think she should get paid more than other members.

Guest couch_tomato

Aren't we all making too big of a deal with the list of earnings of idols? Obviously all the girls get paid very well. It's just that some members have more solo projects, thus more income. I think we should just leave it at that and shouldn't get too bitter.

And OMG the teaser for the album...... w00t.gifw00t.gif

'You-aholic' and 'Bad Girl' are totally going to be my jams! The ballads sound awesome too. I really like the direction SM is going with their music. It's got more electronic, dance beats :D Hopefully Japan is gonna love it too!!

Guest YoonTaeLove

Guys, I don't think that list is 100% accurate. No company would distribute the exact amount their artist earns.

Too me I never really paid much attention to Mnet rankings and list its like a bunch of people from their company coming together and giving their so called "expert" opinions on which idol "is the best singer" or which idol "has the best natural looks".

Guest taetaeluver

gdnite, in my country, even singer will get royalty but not much as the composers and song writer because song  can not only do well because how good that song but also the popularity of the singer. if the distribute cant be 1:1:1 it can be 1:2:2 (less for the singer). similar SNSD song if the song can top the chart(means make alot of money)n SNSD also should get more money  plus their already stated payment.

in one episoed of FLOWER (shinee as mc) JESSICA is the guest, park mung soo tell how much he glad that naengmyun do well(even well than the TMYW in the digital chart) n they get paid well. so i do think singer(sorry i'm always consider taeyeon as singer not idol:vicx:) also should get more if her song do really well in the chart. sorry not against you. just said. justice for everybody.

Guest ice_soshi

Sillis has said before... none of these so called listing and Numbers released should be taken seriously.

They do not have real figures from any of the companies.

There may be some ways to guess how much the person may earn in terms of % but never the actual numbers.

They have no access to the actual amounts nor privy to how much the members are paid for each CFs.

It is all a calculated guess base on plausible number of royalties w/o actual paid figures. Take it at face value and shrug it off...

As for why only YoonA is up there, my guess would be Innisfree's CF & her past dramas.

Those would make it seem like she earned a lot more. Whenever one of them lands a CF or some contract, everyone celebrates and the 'lucky' member would give treats to the others. This is how close and comfortable they are. If one of them have money troubles, would you think the rest would not help?

I am disturbed that fans who would want to even decide how much each member should earn.

It's their privacy and their personal life so let's respect that rather than argue over who should get more...

At the end of the day, what matters are the girls are happy with what they have and are happy with themselves.

As fans, we should not be  arguing over who should get more money.

In fact, we should focus on how to get more money because there's more SNSD stuff to come '_' ... my money TT;;

edit: 

I don't remember where I read this... but I followed some idol contract problems before. Also I might be a little off but this is what I read also from previous soompi discussions

Basically, Digital songs, distributors take the biggest cut. Distributors would refer to folks like Mnet / Bugs etc They take almost half of it. The rest are distributed with the singers/composers/company etc. But digital songs can sell in huge numbers like how SNSD is able to achieve, is able earn considerable amounts... so we don't need to be too concern that they get very little.. but still its not like how taetaeluver puts. 1:1:1 .. you left out many people involved.

For Albums, it has to sell more than 50k ~ 100k to be profitable to the singers because any amount under is needed to cover the cost of production etc. Understand that there's a lot of staff behind all these... not just the composers and singers. Now for what I understand, SM tend to pay bonus to their artistes (again I cannot be sure it applies to ALL their artistes as it is via contract.) when they release the next full album. Means, each time the girls release a full album, they would take a good pay home :)

Guest DiamondDust

Wow! The JP Album teaser was exciting to listen to ~ JP version of Hoot sounds good ~ and I liked that last song. o3o

Hey SONEs ~ I busted out a new subbed MV ~ it's RDR, like I said it would be ~ : D <3

thumbs20110520225315.jpg

Guest tantungnam

one more thing.

Apparently IU is above Jang Geun Suk on the list, IU just raise to stardom last year, and there was an article saying she could make at most 4 million $ but JGS himself bought a 10-million-$-building somewhere around this year. He also stars in many dramas, cfs, his japanese debut album also sold well. There's no way JGS's income is less than IU's.

and again, no one know exactly how much an artist made besides the company and IRS ( i don't know about the other country but IRS stands for Internal Revenue Service) and they obviously couldn't disclose those info since they're government agency

Mnet is famous for those.."infamous" ranking like this. This is not the first time their rankings spark up controversy.

for the chart i dont think the charts correctly true ,maybe just some survey or not from reliable source/just kinda polling

about yoona only snsd who make in the chart maybe they see from individual activity

which yoona is known to have a lot personal activity like cf,drama,photoshoot ect.

i have read that type of sm when it comes to individual activity is they dont share earning with the other member

so the person shared just with company and maybe manager.

well in video they explained snsd fee for cf is 700 million won

yoona and taeyeon both have fee 300 million,yuri and tiffany 200 million

if you look at the number and if yoona get paid and didnt share so yoona get a double

from snsd and from her solo activity ,although taeyeon have same payment like yoona

she didnt do a lot of cf or drama.so maybe thats the reason why only yoona on that list

*well if the list based on how wealthy the idol maybe sooyoung,siwon make on the list

because their parents is chaebol in korea.

Guest JINuNa_soompi

[iNFO] PHILIPPINES! Girls' Generation's Mr. Taxi MV will premiere on MYX Philippines tomorrow, May 22, Sunday at 7pmVote: MYX VOTE MR TAXI and send to 2366.

cr:MCA Music

[salfcam] 110521 Cheer(Actors&MC)+Rood(Singer)+Gam(Singer) fo Thailand

5cddb72264dc4ccdb66ad7dee17ecb1f_7.jpg

cr.Gam the star

Guest LaBrosse

[iNFO] PHILIPPINES! Girls' Generation's Mr. Taxi MV will premiere on MYX Philippines tomorrow, May 22, Sunday at 7pmVote: MYX VOTE MR TAXI and send to 2366.

cr:MCA Music

Awww yeah, you know I'm voting for that.

Also, with regards to the earnings of idols, no company in their right mind would release an idol's actual earnings. Hell, even small companies, not just in music, keep their finances under wraps.

Guest Sweet_Escape

one more thing.

Apparently IU is above Jang Geun Suk on the list, IU just raise to stardom last year, and there was an article saying she could make at most 4 million $  but JGS himself bought a 10-million-$-building somewhere around this year. He also stars in many dramas, cfs, his japanese debut album also sold well. There's no way JGS's income is less than IU's.

and again, no one know exactly how much an artist made besides the company and IRS ( i don't know about the other country but IRS stands for Internal Revenue Service) and they obviously couldn't disclose those info since they're government agency

Mnet is famous for those.."infamous" ranking like this. This is not the first time their rankings spark up controversy.

well, i wouldn't be surprise if that lists was pulled out of their asses...Yoona should definitely place higher since she's been making money from cfs long before she became an idol. and majority of her cf deals are TOP brands, add the fact that her first drama had higher ratings, followed by her team up with Kwon SangWoo (a top actor) on another drama. seriously this Mnet idol ranking is too inconsistent for it to be LEGIT:rolleyes:!!! just look at the two MCs, they're comedians...

Guest strawberryfield

Hmm I am pretty sure that it is based purely on this year so far income and that is why IU is placed so high on the list because it is in this year that she rocked to stardom. I am surprised at Yoona's rank considering that she does have solo side projects, and the fact that the other members were not on the list because they were fixed members in particular shows for a while... Again I don't know the legitimacy of the result but I don't doubt that the truth is not that far fetch from the result, and if it unfortunately happens to be so, then the girls definitely deserve more.

Guest starduster34

I think it's absolutely hilarious that everyone is taking this whole "Mnet Income" so seriously... The girls just released their 1st Japanese Album teaser and this entire page has been dedicated to the girl's earnings... I'm sure they are getting paid well or else they wouldn't own brand name clothing and accessories... Just check out SoshiStyle on Soshified... Lol...

Anyways, I'm super excited about their Japanese album... I just know it's going to be awesome :wub: SM sure is good at teasing us when it comes to the girls!