少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest _Zoolander_

Remember at last years music bank mid year special when part of the stage fell on the artists and Onew was injured? Remember when Taeyeon got a face full of fireworks? Yea... I think Taeyeon remembers.

Get your act together KBS. Seems like Taeyeon want's to bring it to attention and it's about time someone did. They need to provide a good working environment where the singers don't have to worry about not only being able to perform at a high level but their safety as well.

By the way Taeyeon looked amazing today. :wub:

Guest timpa

Netizens always want to find ammunition to use against SNSD so they'll attack her, I hope some of the other artists speak up because as someone else said A LOT of the performances just seemed to have problems. The whole Lee Hyori tribute thing had a bunch in it as well.

BTW Taengoo looked so gorgeous in the show. Really loving that hairstyle on her and the outfit she wore for the Kelly Clarkson cover was awesome rocker girlish.

Guest Pike Yenny

Let’s Go! Dream Team Season 2 Ep 32 [English Subtitle]

Guest : SNSD, After School, Kara, f(x), Minho (SHINee), Sangchu (Mighty Mouth)

http://pikeyenny.wordpress.com/2010/06/25/let%E2%80%99s-go-dream-team-season-2-ep-32-english-subtitle/

4T4NA.jpg

Guest modernaffair

If anyone did not realise, taeyeon was missing during the interview for SNSD at music bank. She probably felt really really really bad after going off tune for the performance because anyone could tell the total change in her expression after her earpiece did not work. I thought that taeyeon said her speech in a polite manner in order not to offend anyone but to really say what feels.

Guest wilsone9

[06.25.10] Taeyeon, Criticises Music Bank? Netizens Argue Over "Music Bank, Create an Environment in Which we can Sing" Controversy

[Asia Today = Kim Soojin reporter] Girl group SNSD's leader, Taeyeon (22), during Music Bank, expressed her displeasure with the program and it's becoming a topic online.

On the 25th at 5:45 PM, The Looking Back on the First Half (of the year) was shown on KBS 2TV's music program, 'Music bank'.

Winning 1st place for the first half of the year, SNSD's Taeyeon gave her acceptance speech and at the end of it, said "I hope Music Bank creates an environment for singers to do better," leaving a meaningful remark. After that, Music Bank ended their live broadcast and netizens are arguing about Taeyeon's remark.

According to the account of a fan that was present at the scene explained, "On this day, Taeyeon, while doing a stage rehearsal, requested for help from staff because the sound in her in-ear (the earphone in her ear) wasn't playing and she showed displeasure towards the staff after two frustrating recordings.

In addition, "Even though the staff were clearing the stage, Taeyeon, still frustrated, refused to leave the stage."

Netizens argue, "I understand that Taeyeon is frustrated but I think it was careless of her to be saying those kinds of things on a live broadcast", "She should've watched her mouth", "A singer just talked about the stage environment, don't you think these reactions are a little too sensitive?" and the arguments continued with "How frustrated must she have been to have gone that far", "If the in-ear was indeed broken, Taeyeon's remark shouldn't become an issue".

Article by: Kim Soojin reporter@asiatoday.co.kr

Translated by: Hyunjin808@soshified.com/forums

Original link: [Click]

Translator's note: It may seem confusing in the article but it's implied that the staff didn't fix/change her in-ear, which is why Taeyeon was so displeased.

Guest Procrastinatoress

Yeah, KBS...They're questionable.

There have been slip-ups like getting names wrong, but there have been worse things like that incident with Onew, as well as Taeyeon and Yoona getting hit by fireworks.

Taeyeon might be under fire from netizens after this, so I hope it's not all for nothing and the MuBank staff really review how much effort they're putting into things.

Guest byuldee

poor taengoo...every idol got their own right to speak..

and i dont think she did wrong..shut ur mouth netizen..

what taengoo did is all for other idol too~~

taengoo jjang..i'm supporting u KIM TAEYEON...

Guest prettyoungthing

[News] SNSD: 'Dominated Music Industry' - Posted by Gina on 8:51 PM

[TV Daily = Choi Junyong reporter] SNSD placed 1st on the Looking Back on the First Half (of the year) K Chart.

On the 25th, from 5:45 PM, SNSD appeared on the live broadcast of KBS 2TV 'Music Bank' Looking Back on the First Half (of the year), singing their 2nd album 'Oh' passionately, leaving a strong impression on fans.

SNSD shared their feelings, "Thank you to everyone who showed love to SNSD's music in the first half of the year. We'd like to give the honor to our hardworking company family and fans. We'll work even harder."

On this day, SNSD Yuri, Yoona, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung had a special stage. They wore black outfits and did a dazzling performance, attracting attention. With the members' sexy dance and suiting arrogant gaze, they showed a fantastic stage.

The 9 members of SNSD caused the fans to cheer with their most liveliest and cutest stage yet. Also, they attracted eyes with their dazzling outfits and showed fans their 'Cow Herding Dance', Crane Leg Dance', and 'Twisted Bread Stick Dance', showcasing the performance of a top notch girl group.

SNSD, attained their first win on an analogue music program, 7 days after coming back with their 2nd album, 'Oh!', on KBS 2TV 'Music Bank'. Winning 5 consecutive times on the K-Chart showed their potential. They also won 1st place for 3 consecutive weeks on SBS TV 'Inkigayo', attaining the triple crown glory and creating the nation's 'Oh!' craze. They gained reputation as being in the lead in terms of the popularity of girl groups.

Also, the repackaged album, 'Run Devil Run' won 1st place on 'Music Bank' for 2 consecutive weeks, which was a hot issue. On the April 11th, they received the pleasure of winning 2 mutizen songs in one day on 'Inkigayo' and are experiencing an endless increase in popularity.

On this day, Super Junior, 2PM, SNSD, Kara, T-Ara, 2AM, 4minute, Seo Inyoung, CN Blue, After School, f(x), Secret, Hwayobi, Gummy, Lyn, and IU showcased impressive stages.

Article by: Choi Junyong reporter@tvdaily.co.kr

Translated by: Hyunjin808@soshified.com/forums

Original article: [Click]

The Pretty Jung Sisters

20100625_jungsisterstoryburch_1-460x306.jpg

Guest punk_angel

"I hope Music Bank creates an environment for singers to do better,"
^ NETIZENS are just crazy... How can they think that way..... I think she meant to say was for KBS to improve their work more in the future....

just because they're in the top 3 broadcasting stations in Korea doesn't mean they should not do better job in the future.....

I forgot to say that Just because Taengoo is a very popular celebrity in Korea doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to speak her mind.... Oh those netizens should go away.... far away from computers....... hahahahaha

Taengoo didn't do anything wrong it's just that those people who are criticizing her are too sensitive to The TRUTH or The REALITY....

@Wilsone thanks for sharing the translated news.....

Hyo yeon and Sungyu was really cute making that cute mistake......hahahahhaha

Guest cosmiclatte

Does not sound advantageous? Wish she would just suck it up? You mean to say you think she should just keep mum and hush up even though there was an obvious technical problem and the staff were not even willing to compensate their mistake by doing a re-recording? Why, just so that fans watching the performance will be kept in the dark about what went wrong and predatory netizens will not be pouncing on a chance to bash Taeyeon?

It was clear that she was affected by the sound system because she was clutching her earpiece halfway through the song and seemed to be straining to hear the music. So by voicing out she is providing an explanation for what went wrong and also providing necessary criticism for Mubank to improve on their errors. How can something like that be kept in the dark?

Just like that time BoA was performing for VMA Japan and the music came out wrong.

I think the relevant organisation owe the affected artist and the public an apology for screw-ups like this. Everyone knows how important image is for idol singers and the slightest mistake in public could be disastrous for their reputation. I think Taeyeon was brave to be able to voice out something she felt was wrong. You could argue it was a heat of the moment thing and not well-considered but I think it's the right thing to do.

Chill. Yes. From my point of view, there were other ways to deal with this.

I am a fan, I don't want to phrase my words badly.

By "not advantageous" I'm just worried they will get into trouble or anger the whole of mubank crew.

Yes she voiced her opinion and I will support because I'm a fan.

Mubank always had problems but do you think something would have changed just by having a singer voice it out on live broadcast? The lighting accident was known to everyone but what has changed from then till now? Still problematic.

Earpieces and tech problems are a huge obstacle in idols' performances. This issue hasn't been solved and wouldn't be solved easily, it's unavoidable.

By "sucking it up" I DO NOT mean for her to keep quiet and not express her views. I was referring to the Oh! stage. I'll just say I wished she continued to sing properly during Oh! because she is a professional.

I support her and soshi no matter what because I'm a fan.

I'm just "voicing my opinion" too. There is no wrong or right. Everyone thinks differently : )

Guest isabelelf

I don't think Tae Yeon voicing out her opinion is wrong. She was just concern about the overall environment on music bank. With horrible sound system and with history of accident which can be avoided (I believe) who wouldn't be concern?

As for haters who bash her instead of understanding the situation that Tae Yeon in, maybe they should be on the stage with horrible sound system, fireworks that shoots at them and with lighting that hang above their head that could fall anytime. Then maybe they would understand what Tae Yeon said.

So yeah, I am backing Tae Yeon.

Guest winaitip

It's been lonng time since my last post here. Just saw that video about Taeyeon complained about KBS. I think she's kind of familiar with KBS production now, because she get was involved a lot with them. Usually singer never have a chance or have a gut enough to speak out their mind about these kind of stuff. This because, to complain the production team of such a broadcast station, the people who speak out must've been acknowledged by staffs and have a lot of respectful from these staffs. And we always see only MCs or gagman can complain about those production team.

So right now people in KBS acknowledged her as MCs now so she now can say what she want. (^_^)'

Good job Taeng.. LOL

I don't know how other fan think about this but I feel like they have grown up, become big till the point that we can't reach them like before.

Well, the feel is kind of sad but proud of them.

Nowaday, I still think of the old days, debute day. They seem lacking, not so confident, keep trying and showed off what they capable of. That look natural to me and that's their charm.

Guest diioxide

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the 'one sentence long statement' that Taeng commented. It's just how Korean, well, most Asian culture is like. We pay respect to others in order to gain respect back. So from the way i see it, it's just another hot topic that will soon go away (though I feel like SM will do something .. response? =P)

But one thing that I question Taeng is .. her lack of willingness to perform. I mean, personal issue is understandable but on 'Oh!' stage, she's the leader, she represents SNSD as the whole, not only herself, meaning she should kept that issue behind for that moment .. put in even harder effort and comment about MuBank later. This will make her look good. Because if not, she could potentially have damaged the image of SNSD as a group which is very costly and she could get a new "rebellious girl" nickname from netizens or whatever. Even though that didn't happen and Taeng participated, I just wish all the best for her and hope that no regretting consequences shall come across the girls =(

Guest silis7noy2

I have only a minute to post but there isn't much need to clear up about what happened. It appears what the article says is what mostly happened, with fan accounts reporting the in-ear failing and Taeyeon wasn't able to perform properly but Mubank several times ignored the requests to correct it. Of course as mentioned this isn't the only time Music Bank was lacking in providing proper environment.

Although this is of some controversy right now in Korea, it's not a big thing to worry about. As always antis and trolls try to make a fuss out of this, but they are an ignorable minority and what matters is the general public's opinion. And more often than not, the general Korean public is sympathizing with Taeyeon right now, that what she said was understandable and appropriate.

Guest moiimusic

i support taeng!

but seriously hope that this issue will just go off soon!

taeng did tried her best to control herself and finish the performance

and her voice condition is probably not that good that day too

i'm so worried about her now

Guest happy go lucky

Guys keep in mind the issue was during the performance, although initially the issue arose during the rehearsal I believe they didn't amend it? Hence why her performance was so... "off". Admittedly there might have been a little influence from her frustration earlier on, but if the in-ear wasn't working, that couldn't be helped.

Correct me if I'm wrong though... that's just what I've gathered from the articles so far.

She may have also had PMS as LaBelle proposed earlier, LOL.

Guest surreal_v

LOL. ^ You better not mess w a girl who has PMS. It's gonna be ugly hahahahhaahahah. :P

Thanks Silis letting us know what is happening in Korea!

thnx for the info silis7noy2..

im kind of worried because i want the girls to leave korea with a bang(although winning the half year kchart was already the biggest bang they could possibly do),and now this issue might affect that a bit..

anyway,hope taeyeon is ok now,music bank understands her actions and things get settled fast.

congrats to SNSD for winning,and best of luck to their future activities.. ^_^