Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest yani*

A long time ago I stumbled upon a chart with corresponding foundation shades from different brands (I remember MAC and Bobbi Brown were in it) but I can't find it anymore :(

Does anyone here maybe have the link? Or any other website with the information?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest huzzahmuch

Exfoliate your lips! Brush your lips softly with an old toothbrush to get rid of all the dead skin flaps. Apply a good lip balm underneath your lipstick. Drink lots of water to make sure your body's hydrated!

Thanks! is it ok to exfoliate lips as often as needed? which would mean everyday? :)

Guest littlemisssunsunshine

^

you probably can, but dont over do it.

i only ever exfoliate my lips before i apply lipstick.

anyways, make up from missha... has anyone tried?

any thoughts in general would be nice.

Guest YukiPuu

Thanks! is it ok to exfoliate lips as often as needed? which would mean everyday? :)

I exfoliate every 3 days, because that's how often I get the feeling of chappy lips. Observe your lips and decide whatever works for you ^^

Guest Kanzen

A long time ago I stumbled upon a chart with corresponding foundation shades from different brands (I remember MAC and Bobbi Brown were in it) but I can't find it anymore :(

Does anyone here maybe have the link? Or any other website with the information?

The Foundation Matrix.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ao...hzVVE&hl=en

Don't forget that you can change the skintones from NW to NC to Neutral at the bottom.

ok so I have no idea what to do and it's so frustrating!

so far, I have not been able to find any foundation that matches my skin tone. Indoor lightings, my foundation matches perfect with my skin tone and it looks nice, but when I'm outside in natural lighting, it's a whole different story. My face is pale/slightly pink-ish while my neck is yellow/gold in tones. So when I wear foundation under natural lighting, my face is freakishly white/pink and you can tell it's a different color than my neck.

I don't know what to do to remedy this problem. Do I match the foundation to my neck instead or what? Ugghhh...so frustrating.

You need to watch this. It's a Youtube video done by a makeup artist, explaining how to correctly match your foundation. IMO, it's one of the best on Youtube. You will look 100x better if your face matches the rest of your body.

Guest tinatran_

The Foundation Matrix.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ao...hzVVE&hl=en

Don't forget that you can change the skintones from NW to NC to Neutral at the bottom.

sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there a foundation similar to Lancome Teint Idole in Bisque 3n? i've had it matched by an SA there a few months ago, but i need a cheaper alternative. i've checked the Foundation Matrix, but i can't seem to find the shade. there's a debut i'm going to next week, and i don't use foundation daily (which is why i don't have any), but it'd be nice if i can get it for free.. if not, then a low price. >.<'' can i get a make-over there or anywhere else for cheap? thanks in advance!

EDIT: nevermind! ^__^

Guest pikasaki

I have a problem with my lip stain.

A couple of minutes after it dries, it doesn't look "stained" or "tinted", instead it looks like splotches of random color in some places on my lips. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to apply it so this doesn't happen? Or is it just my lip stain? I'm currently using Etude House's Fresh Cherry Tint.

Guest sindee

For some reason when I apply bb cream onto my face it always make my face look flaky and dry. I do use a bb boomer before I use bb cream but its still the same -.-' i end up with a flaky face. Could it be that the bb cream I'm using is not suitable for my skin? I'm using missha M perfect cover bb cream and my skin type is dry combination

Guest lychee_poo

For some reason when I apply bb cream onto my face it always make my face look flaky and dry. I do use a bb boomer before I use bb cream but its still the same -.-' i end up with a flaky face. Could it be that the bb cream I'm using is not suitable for my skin? I'm using missha M perfect cover bb cream and my skin type is dry combination

From my experience with Missha perfect cover that it is a little drying on the skin compared to others. When my skin was dry combination in the winter it didn't work for me at all but now that it's summer and my skin is combination oily it works a lot better. Try a different bb cream, Skin79 has some really good ones for drier skin

Guest sindee

^thanks =) I'll check out skin79. Good thing I didn't buy the full tube missha bb cream I just used the free sample I got :lol:

Guest eyeheartyou

A couple of minutes after it dries, it doesn't look "stained" or "tinted", instead it looks like splotches of random color in some places on my lips. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to apply it so this doesn't happen? Or is it just my lip stain? I'm currently using Etude House's Fresh Cherry Tint.

Try applying a little bit of balm before you apply the tint. I find that if my lips are aren't moisturized before I apply a lip tint the color doesn't spread evenly. The balm lets the product 'slip' a little around your lips before it dries. But only apply a little bit of balm otherwise the tint won't stain your lips like it should.

Guest magnolia_

My eyeliner ALWAYS smudges at the bottom corner of my eyes...it's really really starting to annoy me. I tried switching to gel liner (the loreal HIP one) from liquid liner, and that's not doing the trick...and I also prime my eyes with Urban Decay's primer, but IT STILL SMUDGES. The only time it's never really smudged on me was when I used hairspray, but let's face it, I'm not going to go and spray my eyes with freaking hairspray every time...

So...can someone help me out? Should I try MAC's fluidline instead? (I was *going* to get it, but I kept reading all these reviews that the HIP was pretty much the same, and Rite Aid had 40% off...soooo...)

Thanks in advance.

I agree with eyeheartyou

I use Etude House's Fresh Cherry Tint aswell and before use it i apply a tiny bit of lip balm before using the tint and it works amazingly :D

Guest <3 Kim

So...can someone help me out? Should I try MAC's fluidline instead? (I was *going* to get it, but I kept reading all these reviews that the HIP was pretty much the same, and Rite Aid had 40% off...soooo...)

I don't know what HIP is, but I have MAC's fluidline and it works great for me. It doesn't smudge.

Can someone recommend for me a good concealer that can cover up acne scars? I'm thinking of either getting Bobbi Brown's corrector or the Physicians Formula green concealer stick but not sure which one to get :/

My eyeliner ALWAYS smudges at the bottom corner of my eyes...it's really really starting to annoy me. I tried switching to gel liner (the loreal HIP one) from liquid liner, and that's not doing the trick...and I also prime my eyes with Urban Decay's primer, but IT STILL SMUDGES. The only time it's never really smudged on me was when I used hairspray, but let's face it, I'm not going to go and spray my eyes with freaking hairspray every time...

Thanks in advance.

i'm currently using clinique's cream liner..

works great.. same price as mac's fluidline.

tried HIP's gel liner already..

not that great.. i usually do like a cat eyes and throughout the day it smudges

so i switched to liquid liner.. lorea'l "lineur" is pretty good also..

but i do recommend clinique's cream liner

smudgeproof and waterproof.

Guest lightangel

magnolia_

You have to use 3 kind of eyeliner type. Otherwise it doesn't do the trick

What I did was use the eyeliner pencil stick the waterproof one.

Then apply gel eyeliner, Bobby Brown. I love that one. The color is so black.

Then apply the powder one from l'oreal paris bare naturale. It stays on forever.

Guest diana78

hey, what can i do to correct one of my eyelids? One is mono, but the other is semi-double. is there some kind of makeup technique i can do to make them look the same? or otherwise some kind of product?

Guest lychee_poo

Thanks in advance.

I've heard great things about Fluidline but I've never tried it.

You should try setting your eyeliner with black eyeshadow, works for me when I have eyeliners that smudge. It's a bit like setting your foundation with powder. But be careful with fallout.

hey, what can i do to correct one of my eyelids? One is mono, but the other is semi-double. is there some kind of makeup technique i can do to make them look the same? or otherwise some kind of product?

You can always try eyelid glue or eyelid tape.

Guest PrincessBoa

I think maybe we should create a skincare thread too..haha. Does skincare qualify as part of make up in a way? :S Well I guess I'll post my question here.

The thing is- I have combination oily skin- my forehead and nose get extremely oily esp. in the summer while my cheeks are normal - > dry depending on how the weather is. I've been looking for oil free moisturizers + cleansers.. and I've seen okay reviews on the Nivea Visage Cleansing Gel.. and the Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer (Forgot the full name xD) Has anyone else tried these products and if so (Thosewwith the same type of skin as me), what do you think of it? Does anyone have any recommendations on some good not too pricey skincare products for combination oily skin? (a bit acneprone)

Thanks so much :)

Also one more question- I get the occasional hooded eyelids and its very frustrating to put make up on my eyes ): I know there used to be this chart around make up forums where they tell you how to put on your make up for different eye shapes? I was wondering if anyone had that and if so- can link me to it? :D

-PrincessBoa

EDIT; Haha so many questions.. I was wondering - if anyone knew any good eye cream or affordable concealer for really dark under eye circles? ><

Archived