Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

^haha ok i might, do you have any recommendations?

Definitely try to use waterproof mascaras :L

Ummm right now I'm using Majolica Majorca lash expander and its my HG ^^

Another mascara that is underrated is Clio O'Tank mascara although i think it might be a bit hard to find.

Oh and if you haven't jumped on the Covergirl Lashblast wagon wheel then definitely try that out as well ^^

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mythairefyry

Hello :)

My question is:

How many times do you guys typically use your makeup brushes before you wash them?

Guest iPhets

thanks a lot everyone for the inputs :) !! they were extremely helpful =)

i think it could be both my mascara and my curling skills LOL.

i dont think i curl it long enough and my mascara could be a little too heavy + its not waterproof :o

i'll definitely try out the mascara recc's when this one runs out!

thanks so much again :)

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

My question is:

How many times do you guys typically use your makeup brushes before you wash them?

lol as for me coz im an OCD freak, i wash it like everyday. But as long as you keep your workplace sterile (or just even neat and tidy), then you can wash it once a week. But if you use two products in one brush, i must say you have to wash it after you have used it. :)

Guest NYCballad

My question is:

Certain brushes, like foundation, concealer, etc. I wash after about 1-2 uses. Those brushes gather bacteria FAST. I typically wash my other brushes after 2-3 uses. If you wash it the way painters wash their paintbrushes, it won't damage your brush at all, so you can keep washing your brushes as frequent as you like.

Guest __herodreams

Hello, fellow soompiers :)

I just very recently started wearing eyeliner and mascara and I have a question. I have pretty dark eye circles and I'm not sure how to get the right concealer. Anyone help?

But my main question is, does it look weird or unattractive if I wear my eyeliner/mascara without concealer until I get some concealer? I don't think it's too bad, but someone told me that it looks like my eyeliner got smudged all under my eye T ^T

Here's a picture.

OO1.png

Guest NYCballad

Hello, fellow soompiers :)

I just very recently started wearing eyeliner and mascara and I have a question. I have pretty dark eye circles and I'm not sure how to get the right concealer. Anyone help?

But my main question is, does it look weird or unattractive if I wear my eyeliner/mascara without concealer until I get some concealer? I don't think it's too bad, but someone told me that it looks like my eyeliner got smudged all under my eye T ^T

Here's a picture.

I always choose a concealer that's one shade lighter than my foundation. And I always choose foundation that matches my skin tone.

And I don't think it looks weird or unattractive. Most days I'm too lazy to do the whole foundation and concealer thing, so I just use eye makeup. It looks perfectly fine. :)

Guest skadoosh!

hello fellow soompiers!

Does anyone know of a gooood fake eyelash glue?

I am meekly treading into the forest of fake eyelashes.. ahah.

I know Duo's great but it's a bit pricey for like that tiny tube of stuff ($8!?) - or is there no other replacement?

Thanks!

Guest __herodreams

I always choose a concealer that's one shade lighter than my foundation. And I always choose foundation that matches my skin tone.

And I don't think it looks weird or unattractive. Most days I'm too lazy to do the whole foundation and concealer thing, so I just use eye makeup. It looks perfectly fine. :)

^ Thanks for your reply! :D

I got a Maybelline concealer quite a while ago and I thought it was pretty close to my skin tone, but my friend said that she could see that it (under my eyes where I applied it on) was lighter than the rest of my face T ^T

Guest NYCballad

hello fellow soompiers!

Does anyone know of a gooood fake eyelash glue?

I am meekly treading into the forest of fake eyelashes.. ahah.

I know Duo's great but it's a bit pricey for like that tiny tube of stuff ($8!?) - or is there no other replacement?

Thanks!

I don't use eyelash glue because for some reason it itches me. I've always had super sensitive skin though. If you have EyeTalk, the eyelid glue stuff, you can put a little on the fake lashes and it sticks. It's what I do. :)

^ Thanks for your reply! :D

I got a Maybelline concealer quite a while ago and I thought it was pretty close to my skin tone, but my friend said that she could see that it (under my eyes where I applied it on) was lighter than the rest of my face T ^T

Hmm what do you use to apply concealer? How much do you put on? Blending takes some practicing, but after awhile it gets easy. I find that I only need very little, like maybe a dab under my eye, and I blend it either with my finger (patting it) or my concealer brush.

Guest Special Ed

How do I lighten my eyebrows using makeup? Is there a specific product for this? My hair is currently brown.

Guest mis-cree

How do I lighten my eyebrows using makeup? Is there a specific product for this? My hair is currently brown.

just use a poweder thats a shade or so darker than your hair!

Guest __herodreams

Hmm what do you use to apply concealer? How much do you put on? Blending takes some practicing, but after awhile it gets easy. I find that I only need very little, like maybe a dab under my eye, and I blend it either with my finger (patting it) or my concealer brush.

I use the little brush it came with to dab it under my eye and use my finger to pat it in. I guess I just need to practice ^^

Guest MC_Lee

I was wondering what moisturizer do you guys recommend for REALLY dry skin?

Also what products can I use to make my skin have that glowing effect?

Guest laydeepkay

What do you guys use to clean your make-up brushes? I never seem to be able to clean them properly. >.<

You should try MAC's Brush Cleanser. I've read great reviews about it on makeupalley. I personally like to use Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Castile Soap.

Archived