Guest iPhets

haha ok! thanks for your opinions =)

i will play around with the false lash when i have time XD

maybe get the clip if im bothered to try

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Seems silly but my routine is spf/foundation/powder. During the day, I need to reapply sunscreen. Do I just apply it ontop of my foundation and powder? Typically, I wash it all off and do it over again ==

no. Never apply sunblock over your foundation/powder. it just clogs up your pores.

wash everythign off and reapply again. else use those powder form of sunblock to do touch ups. I think bare minerals have it.

Question: when I apply my eyeliner I trace the contours of my eye it sometimes gives me uh..well I feel like it makes my eyes seem droopy, I want my eyes to look more bright and alive, how can I do this? -_-;; sorry for this comlicated question

do the winged out look. extend theliner and flick it upwards =) and add highlight to your inner eyelid portion.

*google*

angelina1.jpg

is there a way to set the foundation better during the summer time?

like sweat proof?

primer.

foundation primer helps foundation last longer even in a hot weather.

i suggest you also use a foundation that 'hugs" your skin tightly (ex. revlon colorstay)

or BB creams.

for primer i recommend mac prep+prime face visage.

do not use moisturizer anymore after putting on your primer

and its a must to have a foundation w/ spf.

Guest coldfire-x

Thank you for the help !

What's a good & cheap drugstore face primer that won't dry out my skin ?

Guest meringue

Hi guys, I wanted to ask, is it alright if me and my sister shares the same make-up? Esp. eyeliner pencil or cream eyeliner w/ brush?

With eyeliner, I don't recommend you share. If your sister gets an infection, you will most likely get it too. It's better to be safe than sorry. It's just more hygienic and you just don't want to pass on any nasty stuff.

I have a sister too and I buy a separate eyeliner for her.

Guest MiiCKYO0CHUNx3

I know that everyone has different skin types, but has anyone tried the Bare Minerals foundation? How did you like it compared to other foundations? If you weren't satisfied with it, what else would you recommend?

Guest xvi3txl0v1ngx

Hiii, I have a question, it's not really make-up related but it's skin care. What is a toner and what does it to? and what's an emulsion too? I got some Laneige samples and some of them were emulsions and the packaging wasn't very helpful.

Now make-up question, I don't like wearing foundation and I don't feel like I need to but I do want to cover-up my bags but I was wondering if I can just wear the concealer alone or would it too obvious that the colours don't match. I've never tried it yet since I haven't actually bought the concealer lol.

Guest deeism

primer.

foundation primer helps foundation last longer even in a hot weather.

i suggest you also use a foundation that 'hugs" your skin tightly (ex. revlon colorstay)

or BB creams.

for primer i recommend mac prep+prime face visage.

do not use moisturizer anymore after putting on your primer

and its a must to have a foundation w/ spf.

actually, i've tried a few different primers like too faced (primed and poreless), make up forever (microperfecting), smashbox (photofinish), etc but none have kept my foundation stable during the summer with the humidity and sweat (though, i actually don't sweat THAT much) in asia..

Guest ThiNgiE

ok so I have no idea what to do and it's so frustrating!

so far, I have not been able to find any foundation that matches my skin tone. Indoor lightings, my foundation matches perfect with my skin tone and it looks nice, but when I'm outside in natural lighting, it's a whole different story. My face is pale/slightly pink-ish while my neck is yellow/gold in tones. So when I wear foundation under natural lighting, my face is freakishly white/pink and you can tell it's a different color than my neck.

I don't know what to do to remedy this problem. Do I match the foundation to my neck instead or what? Ugghhh...so frustrating.

Guest meringue

so far, I have not been able to find any foundation that matches my skin tone. Indoor lightings, my foundation matches perfect with my skin tone and it looks nice, but when I'm outside in natural lighting, it's a whole different story. My face is pale/slightly pink-ish while my neck is yellow/gold in tones. So when I wear foundation under natural lighting, my face is freakishly white/pink and you can tell it's a different color than my neck.

I don't know what to do to remedy this problem. Do I match the foundation to my neck instead or what? Ugghhh...so frustrating.

You can apply some foundation to your neck.

Guest Irrationallyrational

This looks so usefull!

Question: I'm not big on foundation, but I use a little smashbox concealer. However I was looking for something that I can put on like a cream? or something that can give me an overall glowy look. Is that possible? Or am I crossing into dewy foundation territory? T_____________T n00b in the house

Guest YukiPuu

Hiii, I have a question, it's not really make-up related but it's skin care. What is a toner and what does it to? and what's an emulsion too? I got some Laneige samples and some of them were emulsions and the packaging wasn't very helpful.

Now make-up question, I don't like wearing foundation and I don't feel like I need to but I do want to cover-up my bags but I was wondering if I can just wear the concealer alone or would it too obvious that the colours don't match. I've never tried it yet since I haven't actually bought the concealer lol.

As long as your concealer matches your skin color, it should look fine. Don't use color corrector concealers (green to cover redness, yellow to cover purple, etc) because you need foundation to go over that. Always set your face with powder if you use liquid/cream concealers and foundations. This helps your entire face look finished :]

Guest eyeheartyou

I have the exact same problem. My neck is naturally more yellow than my face is, when I don't wear any makeup at all you can tell that my face is just more white and has way less yellow tones. I don't want to match my foundation to my neck (because I find my neck to be an unflattering yellow) so what I do is I get a powder foundation (I have Clinique Superbalance Powder Makeup) that's a shade darker than I am and after I apply my liquid foundation I buff the powder on so my face sort of matches my neck... it makes my face a tad bit darker than it would normally be so this way my face doesn't look so off from my stupid neck.

This looks so usefull!

Question: I'm not big on foundation, but I use a little smashbox concealer. However I was looking for something that I can put on like a cream? or something that can give me an overall glowy look. Is that possible? Or am I crossing into dewy foundation territory? T_____________T n00b in the house

Are you looking for a foundation or just a product that gives you a dewy look? Try Benefit High Beam or Benefit That Gal those will both give a dewy glowy look. Though I'd suggest That Gal over High Beam if you aren't looking to use foundation with it.

Guest greeenkiwi

This looks so usefull!

You can use a highlighter, like the Benefit High Beam the user above me suggested. Or Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick? I think though that if you want something sheer with the dewy glow then try using a tinted moisturizer. One of the best ones (and most popular) is Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer. It is a bit pricey though at around $42. It gives light, buildable coverage and gives me a nice glow. They also have the original version, oil-free, and illuminator version. It's very quick and easy to put on, you can just use your fingers. Just go to the counter (like Macy's, Sephora) and try it out. If you need something cheaper, drugstores also sell some tinted moisturizers, but I've never really tried them except Neutrogena, which makes my face oily and rubs off faster. Good luck and hope I helped a bit! [:

Guest nhii

If your neck is yellow/gold toned then I'm assuming that the skin on your arms/legs etc are also yellowed toned? If this is the case, you should opt for a yellow based foundation. Most Asians have a yellow undertone while pink undertones are for caucasians (although there is a minority that are otherwise). Look for a light coloured foundation with warm/yellow undertones. Revlon Colourstay has a wide range of yellow undertone foundations whereas for mid-high end; MAC, Bobbi Brown, MUFE, Armani and Chanel have heaps.

Guest blissfulmoments.

Q: i want to experiment with contouring but im not sure what product im meant to use and what colour would suit my skin tone :mellow: i have pink undertones and my skin is fair, i was unsure if i should use a blush or bronzer? could you guys help out :P

Guest huzzahmuch

uhmmm i need help.. :(

just tried using a lipstick instead of a lip balm, but when I apply it, my lips would look chapped and dry eventhough the lipstick is not on the "matte" side.. I have a sort of plump lips so I dont want to put gloss anymore..

any recommendations? thank you!

Guest YukiPuu

uhmmm i need help.. :(

just tried using a lipstick instead of a lip balm, but when I apply it, my lips would look chapped and dry eventhough the lipstick is not on the "matte" side.. I have a sort of plump lips so I dont want to put gloss anymore..

any recommendations? thank you!

Exfoliate your lips! Brush your lips softly with an old toothbrush to get rid of all the dead skin flaps. Apply a good lip balm underneath your lipstick. Drink lots of water to make sure your body's hydrated!

Guest xiangmiyu

How do you get your foundation to match your skin perfectly? :x

Whenever I go to the drugstore, I always end up buying a shade lighter than I am.

Archived