Computer Can't Detect Video Files

xSUNGMiiNx

Sony DSC-H20 ?
Kayso, I used to be able to get videos from my camera onto my computer

But after I started connecting it to my TOSHIBA NB305 netbook it won't detect the video files anymore

I can't remember exactly, but I think that the camera used to be detected as a F: file thing

but now it's a Memory Stick

And there used to be the DSC and stuff folders

but now it goes straight to the photos

there used to be a MSC folder, or something along those lines, that had the videos in it.

but it doesn't appear anymore. D:

help ?

In the menu settings there might be an option for setting like mass storage or PTP picture transfers. If that got changed it would explain why it looks different.

Sounds very silly, but have you looked in the folder with the pictures to see if the video files are there? My sony camera stores the pictures and video in the same folder. A lot of times its hard to tell because the thumbnails look just like picture thumbnails.

Also, have you tried to plug the card directly into the laptop?

I've checked the menu settings, and nothing about mass storage / PTP picture transfers

I'm confident the videos aren't in the picture folder.

my card doesn't fit into the laptop, or it's just my laptop's not detecting it.

it's a Sony Magicgate 4GB, and I'm pretty sure my laptop only takes SD or something ? D:

I tried to put the videos onto my desktop computer, and the same problem as my laptop happens ! D:

• 2 months later...

Archived