▐ POREOTIX Official Picture thread `

Guest __herodreams

Guest __herodreams

ABDC Season 5 winners ★

POREOTIX Official Picture/Info Thread

2131189.png

^ From left to right: Dumbo, Can, Chad, Law, Jet Li, and Charles.

POREOTIX

Poreotics, also known as Poreotix, is an all-male American dance crew from Westminster, California. The crew was formed in 2007 and specializes in popping, choreography and robotics, hence the name Po-reo-tics. They have performed in numerous hip hop dance competitions, most notably coming in 1st place in the USA division of the 2009 Hip-Hop Internationals and in other dance programs and competitions like Vibe 15, FUSION X and World Of Dance. On April 8 2010, they were crowned the champions on the fifth season of America's Best Dance Crew.

Before ABDC

Poreotics is a dance crew formed in Westminster, California by Matt "Dumbo" Nguyen, Can Nguyen, and Charles Nguyen in December 2007. Subsequently the group expanded with new members Lawrence "Law" Devera and Justin "Jet-Li" Valles. In 2009, the team chose Chad Mayate to substitute for Justin Valles in the 2009 Hip Hop International USA competition. The team got first place and their temporary member became permanent.

ABDC Performances

Week 0 / West Regionals -

Week 1 / Chart Topper Challenge -

Week 2 / Music Video Challenge -

Week 3 / Lady Gaga Challenge -

Week 4 / Disco Challenge -

Week 5 / Usher Challenge -

Week 6 / Magic Challenge -

Week 7 / Hip Hop Nation Challenge -

Week 7 / Last Chance Challenge -

Week 8 / Live Finale -

CONGRATS TO ABDC'S SEASON 5 CHAMPIONS, POREOTIX!!!

:D

Other Videos

Poreotix interview at ABDC's Chart Topper Challenge taping

Pictures

LA River Shoot

th_por9jpg_800.jpg th_por7jpg_800.jpg th_por6jpg_800.jpg th_por5jpg_800.jpg th_por4jpg_800.jpg th_por3jpg_800.jpg th_por2jpg_800.jpg th_por1jpg_800.jpg

Shoture Photoshoot

th_SNR_5120jpg_800.jpg th_SNR_5117jpg_800.jpg th_SNR_5096jpg_800.jpg th_SNR_5077jpg_800.jpg th_SNR_5065jpg_800.jpg

Sources/Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poreotics, poreotix.com, youtube,

POREOTIX.png

Guest Malice_Kaiser

It's weird but their first dance, the Taylor Swift one, ended up being my favourite. I don't think any other performance topped that one. Amazing. Me and my boyfriend both freaking love these guys. :D

Guest ketchup?

Finally, a thread for them!

I loved loved loved their 'Yeah' performance. That was my all-time favorite. They always cracked me up week after week with the little hand thingies they would do during elimination. And Justin Valles... such a cutie! :)

Guest happipplrock

i dont really LOVE this group. their to gay for me. when watching them it felt kinda awkward with them all touching eachother and butts all up in eachother's faces.

im glad they won though, since there asian LOL

Guest angelixers

They're very entertaining. Me likes. :)

i dont really LOVE this group. their to gay for me....

... im glad they won though, since there asian LOL

plus they acted too gay for my liking.

epk49f.gif

Guest ` jenn

I thought they werent as strong as blueprint crew.

they werent very strong at all, they just used comedy to gain points.

my friend said before that they were gonna win from the beginning because they were asian, and the asian community is strong, i didnt believe him until now.

plus they acted too gay for my liking.

by the way this is IMO. So no disrespect or anything, but its just how i see it.

Guest isuzu_1

Oh man, these guys are so hilarious. So charismatic, and totally confident to just eff around and make fun of themselves to give us laughs and giggles (ie. "Welll....It's because we are the asian. And we have the small eye...sooo...And we like robot" - Can ROFL) And sometimes I just wanna hug them, cuz they are so cute! And they are from WESTMINSTER! What up!

Thanks OP for starting this thread. I wouldn't have known them otherwise.

Guest nancxy

Their first performance was the best! Congrats! Represent :) Although I think they tried too hard to be funny and stuff...

(I went to middle school with Dumbo and Can is LAzee Luu's brother! <3)

Their Taylor Swift Performance was my favourite.

Personally I think Blueprint Cru should've won.

But congrats to them. It's nice to see that Asians are getting positive media exposure.

Guest __herodreams

^ you know they're not letting anymore all-asian crews on the show after this season? i don't know if it's been confirmed yet, but i read somewhere that the maximum number of asian members per crew is 2 T ^T if you haven't noticed all the asian crews win with the exception of we are heroes.

i dont really LOVE this group. their to gay for me. when watching them it felt kinda awkward with them all touching eachother and butts all up in eachother's faces.

im glad they won though, since there asian LOL

^ aren't a lot asians a little touchy? Lol, for example, super junior + other korean boy bands?

Guest 0oyokisuo0

^ you know they're not letting anymore all-asian crews on the show after this season? i don't know if it's been confirmed yet, but i read somewhere that the maximum number of asian members per crew is 2 T ^T if you haven't noticed all the asian crews win with the exception of we are heroes.

oh what? what kind of discriminative rule is that.

"Let me start off saying, that I wrote that article, not for attention, not for the followers, not for reblogs and likes, but as my own personal experiment. Feel free to think that it was for any other reason and hate, but it’s not true. No, none of that information was true, but a good majority of viewers thought it was absolute truth, not even stopping to think about the authenticity of the words. To clarify, there will be no ban on Asian crews during the next season of America’s Best Dance Crew, provided there is one."

they are entertaining and talented. too gay? HAHAHA. dont even get me started on korean boybands.

Guest kandi

^ i think thats the difference tho - western cultures arent all touchy-feely when it comes to guys. guys are meant to be macho etc. While in asia its much more different. eg when jae beom (korean american) did his first mouth to mouth game on idol army and the love games with 2AM, he looked really awkward and said things that demonstrated he was not used to these things.

ANYWAY! i amend these guys for dancing to taylor swift haha! but still they werent as captivating to a lay person like me to dance compared to quest and jabbawookez.

Archived