[Drama 2010] Even Mom is Pretty / Pretty Mom 엄마도 예쁘다

dramaluv3r101

Folks I learned a new expression today from the diner woman who was replying to mrs white query abt soonjin's repeated running away: SHE'S THE CHAMPION OF KEEPING THINGS TO HERSELF.

Didn't we love today's end scene when Ditzy heard something she shouldn't hear and she so happens to be EXACTLY at the right place at the wrong time - THE right place being a shady tree for which she had to lean on for support after hearing THE SECRET ...man I tell you every other female in this drama except the evil woman, who hears THE SECRET always starts to SWAY from side to side. The sight of Ditzy walking in her jeans and T-shirt also made me sway from side to side, and that was the high point for me. Hehe!

Earlier, acccompanied by piano music, we got another dose of Philosophy 101 from (who else) Wujin who told Ditzy: NOBODY IS PERFECT. Even though I was absolutely transfixed on our lovely Ditzy for exactly 4.4 seconds, dang I swear I've heard that NIP statement from somewhere. Then again I've also learned that everybody strives for perfection in work, in relationships, in studies and in committing crime and some people are MORE PERFECT than others, as k dramas including this one always endeavors very hard to remind us.

Soonjin dear, you better hurry back home quickly or else there won't be anyone left alive waiting for you - Jeong Hee has just issued the order to her househusband - THE KITCHEN IS OFF LIMITS TO YOU FROM TODAY. To be fair, this time Minhyuk did make his protestations but we shall have to wait and see if he's brave enough to challenge his old lady. Evidently JeongHee is very unhappy and unsettled working at the hotel bcos as predicted, there're a zillion more customers & more work compared to the backwater gallery.

No doubt this current mess was all bcos Soonjin didn't think smart enough - instead of announcing that she'll move to the countryside and follow the priest, she should have quietly looked for a new residence at the countryside, and then pretend everything is hunky-dory and wait until the priest moves to the countrydie...wait for about a week or so....then spring the surprise that Jeongu needs the priest and so, she's moving to the countryside the following day. Yes of course that would still make her leechers freak out and go ballistic but the after effects would be shortened considerably, and by the time those leechers start figuring out why and what, Soonjin & Jeongu would already be breathing fresh country air, and the priest gets his one hot meal a day.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news...miss ditzy finally quits working at the gallery, something that many of us have been wanting her to do since both jenny and the evil woman started terrorising her daily previously. The BAD news is ditzy quit while being temporarily insane due to the fact that I suspect she's NOT HOT on the idea of the priest as her half-brother.

Just when you thought this drama couldn't get any more ridiculous, today that lunacy factor went up by 1 notch. The good thing was ditzy was given a lot of airtime and more dialogue lines by our writer to show her ultra rapid slide into temporary insanity....ohh, my lucky day at seeing actress Kim Bin Woo emote overloads of anguish, self-pity and irrationality, and with her long hair undone.

For all you experts in moralogy, this k drama now tells us that committing adultery is NOT as bad as abandoning your baby at an orphanage. Soonjin can sleep with the chairman while still married to mr white (she's trapped in a loveless marriage, you see) but when she 'abandons' a baby at the orphanage, no sirree, that's a greater crime and a heinous sin punishable by having your hussy actions made into a morning daily korean drama for all Koreans to watch. Soonjin thinks by hiding in an orphanage and doing the orphans' laundry is atoning for her 'sins'? What about 'abandoning' her mentally challenged Jeongu at home?

Wasn't it some time ago when we saw Jeonghui feeling extremely happy awaiting DNA results that might prove she's the chairman's daughter? If the DNA results were positive, nobody would even dare criticize Soonjin for bed-hopping. But once Soonjin or any other woman in a k drama is found to have left a baby at an orphanage, that causes a tsunami wave of immorality.

For armchair experts in moronology (definitely morons would find this word intimidating), today we have gyutak to thank for bcos he laughed off the evil woman's vain attempts at securing her future cash cows. SO YOU SHOULD LAY OFF MY BACK & MY WEALTH. I think mr kim has just about given up all attempts at stopping that short evil woman from gliding into gyutak's inner sanctum. The last time mr kim manhandled her, he couldn't even move her out of the office and I think she positively enjoyed having a man's hands touching ALL OVER her body. Or the 2 single fogies could start dancing to MC Hammer's Can't Touch This.

Talking about touching, the writer should touch on the stigma he created: explain what's so wrong in the abandoned baby turning out to be a priest? Looking at his half-siblings, (except for Jeongsu who has risen up to directorship and then promptly firing herself), most would agree his job is not half as bad. He has a shiny SUV (black of course) as his church car, he gets free meals, his office is even bigger than Soonjin's living room and he's even got his own posse in Yunju & Jeongu. His jokes are as flat as they come but hey, the Bible isn't exactly a manual for training comedians.

But today's remark he made to ditzy when he saw her hurrying away carrying a box - in k dramas, when one quits one's job, it's mandatory to pack some office stationery into a box and then with a thousand pairs of eyes watching, the JOBLESS ONE has to slowly walk out of the office - the priest joked to JS: RUNNING AWAY FROM YOUR DUTIES? This priest is indeed becoming better at black humor - when the going gets tough, both Jeongsu & mum Soonjin escape by simply running away. You can already imagine the priest's next sermon for these two: You can run but you cannot hide.

Methinks this priest is reading too much into kpop group SNSD (Girls Generation) hit song, Run Devil Run.

Daunte...I had to watch this morning's episode to get the gist of what you so vividly described. Jeongsu's disgust at her mother is so offbase, I don't know how to explain this. Has it ever occurred to her to ask the Mom for an explanation? This is so typical of the Kdramas...go off the deep end before requesting a logical answer to a dilemna. Her angst was just too contrived and overboard for me to believe. Then again it has been bottled up for 140 episodes and better than exploding that pretty little head of hers.

Mrs Kim stands way to damn close to people. She infringes big time on everybody's personal space. Hopefully she has good mouthwash so as not to offend. Bad breath would be the least of her problems. It just frustrates me to see the characters clam up and let her spew her vile remarks and plans without even a quick WTF. If I was JS, I would have bitten her hand when she brushed my face. I'd change her butt into a football and field goal her out of the office.

People make mistakes...live with it and move on or move away.

To err is human, to forgive is divine but this k drama has given this saying a fresh spin. Today's episode totally belonged to dogface Wujin who travelled the neighborhood to sniff things out and put them in their places - first he talked with a still-crying Jeongsu under a tree; then he bounded over to Youngju to keep him up to speed; then he waggled over to the evil mrs kim to make her 2 offers b4 finally ending up in gyutak's inner sanctum.

Did you know other than his ambassadorial skills, dogface has actually achieved divine status? Let me explain: He told Jeongsu (who's now parroting one of k-drama's must-haves - I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HER) that he had already forgiven his deceased mother for giving him away altho he never had the chance to tell her personally that HE understood her painful decision. He also told her he was wrong to have boinked her many times even b4 his divorce was legal. His opening remarks were that everyone makes mistakes and that EVEN HE HIMSELF is NOT perfect.

Now before you start thinking he's become such a sweet puppydog, look closer at the logic the writer is throwing at us - when wujin says even he's not perfect, but then he also says he's already forgiven his mum who gave him away. "To forgive is divine" and that's why I say he's elevated himself to divine status. Like I said in my previous post, in k dramaland, some people are MORE PERFECT than others.

In keeping with the Top Ten Unwritten Rules in k drama, whenever a character is in distress, feeling self-pitiful, lost a job, finds out your parent has done something more despicable than despicable, that character must therefore replenish her supply of tears by wallowing in korea's favorite juice for sadder than sad people - soju. You'd notice I'm sure that when koreans drink soju in k dramas, they NEVER end up sober and they never stop at one bottle bcos the primary goal is to get drunk...that's why rookie korean actors/actresses in acting schools all must undergo compulsory and rigorous training in acting drunk. A k drama without a drunken scene or two is not a k drama.

No second guessing needed as to why imported beer or hard liquor can never penetrate the korean market significantly; except for imported wines.

Drunk women in k dramas invariably always get piggybacked home, either by their boyfrens, or soon-to-be boyfrens (including the boss) and occasionally the neighborhood lecher. I'm sure our writer must have paused to think - who will piggyback our dear Jeongsu who isn't exactly petite and lightweight - tada!...brother Jeongchul got that 'privilege'!! Yes, we know that he only carried her from front door to bedroom in the studio set, a very short distance, but the pain on his face wasn't acting - I have a feeling he was actually huffing and struggling to keep himself and actress Kim Bin Woo from falling over. Hmm, I myself wouldn't mind giving JS a piggyback ride, no matter how short or long the distance **Evil Grinz**

To say that a truckful of cow excrement has hit the proverbial fan would still be a tiny stain in the sky-high levels of moronology this drama has achieved. Nobody except the writer will understand that Soonjin is willing to abandon her family of leechers (and Jeongsu), make all of them unhappy, angry and confused, just so she can be near the baby she abandoned so many years ago?? She believes that staying near him would atone for THAT sin of giving him away? To think that KBS moronic higher-ups would pay and finance this sort of cow dung drama, time and time again...**eyes rolling**

Yes, the writer has now made Soonjin one extremely irritating-very annoying person to watch, and those of you wanting to shake her, please go ahead...when you're done, I'll terminate this sorry-excuse-for-a-writer by suctioning his brains out from his ears and nostrils. I've nothing against country women who live simple humble lives but even a woman who has never attended school would never do what Soonjin is doing....causing pain and disharmony among her own family members for the sake of one, a priest no less, whom she still hasn't publicly acknowledged as her own bloodline. She 'abandoned' him once so she won't ever do it again? Err...did anyone tell Soonjin to take a good look at the abandoned one...he's twice as tall as her and his job is even more respectable than her current kids (except for silly Jeongsu who fired herself).

Her 'great sin' is NOT that she abandoned the baby so many eyars ago - that act of leaving him at the orphanage for whatever reason, has resulted in a good outcome, don't you think? Furthermore, isn't a priest supposed to represent the link between sinners like herself and the Almighty, a tangible link to ask for forgiveness? But NOO...OO..in order to prolong this drama series by 10 more episodes, the writer wants Soonjin to continue to act like a hardcore weeping moron, based on the simple premise...if she doesn't tell, and Soonjin today also wants JS to NOT TELL, everybody will live they were. IGNORANCE IS MORE & MOSTLY BLISS in k dramas. Make that 'PISSed".

In a nutshell created by our writer, Soonjin's 'original' sin is no longer a single sin but has multiplied several times bcos in spite of the fact her pussycat has been let out of her bag by the evil woman, by Youngju & Wujin, and by her own daughter JS - she's still NOW is lying to ALL her 5 family members (4 offspring + minhyuk) plus even the man who provided the sperm to create the priest, and her circus act for the past few weeks has been hiding, crying and saying sorry, and to emphasize that ONLY she's suffering, in every episode she cries and says sorry.

Luckily for me, Yunju was given one short scene today, politely stalling for time bcos once again the sexually-awakening Jeongu wants her to join him and mum live in the countryside. A few episodes ago, Yunju did tell Jeongu that it would be better if he stayed put and continue his origami classes at the church and certainly Yunju would be there by his side, helping him fold papers for the rest of their lives.

So an alternate story arc might be that Jeongu's intensive testosterone buildup propels him to suddenly tell Soonjin: Mum, I want to stay here and I don't want to follow you and the priest to the countryside. The reason is I want to mate with Yunju. Wouldn't that statement give another chance for soonjin to gape and open her eyes as big and wide as saucers?

From the very first time when Soonjin ran away from home, it was also widely publicized that Jeongu cannot sleep if mommy isn't around...well, she's run away twice now and in the latest escapade, she even spent a longer time being away, happily scrubbing orphans' backs and doing laundry instead of caring for her dear Jeongu. That to me is a sin way bigger than her history of sins bcos it's just downright irresponsible. Unfit to be a mother - check! Unfit to be a human - double check!

Somehow k dramas love showing characters who are guilt-ridden but no matter how messed up they are, they are still very able to do the following very well:

1. Cry; 2. Say Sorry 3. Do not explain yourself 4. Then cry some more 5. Continue saying sorry, sorry, sorry, 6. Most important of all, maintain that pitiful look and when harangued by others, just expand your eyeballs (when the camera zooms in for full face closeups), look horrendously surprised for a few seconds, then emote one single teardrop to roll down one cheek (just one teardrop will do to show your acting prowess) b4 running away to hide in your room. Oh yes, make sure you slump heavily to the floor, and then you can release the reservoir of tears and let them flow down both cheeks until the director yells CUT.

I do not like Jeongsu's reaction to this predicament. Her facial expressions are just not convincing to me after 150 episodes watching her blank expressions. I finally like YJ but hopes he finally does the right thing about the secret.Too many irritating things to see in this drama.

Daunte ...as you stated the writer is trying to sell us load of crap. I guess that is the charm...

Today's revelations again reminded me that morning k dramas exist bcos only to make us laugh. The funniest moment was when JS was 'forced' to tell JH that the discarded baby is the priest...and then JH acted like she's just been injected with H1N1 virus. I wonder if her reaction would have really killed her if she was told the poor baby was someone else instead, say, the neighborhood mobster or the town doctor.

Most k dramas who use this abandoned baby story usually centers around the fact the baby grew up, left the orphanage and disappeared into thin air. The 'DRAMATIC discovery' is made only halfway or late into the drama. Not knowing what became of that 'poor' child left at in a 20th century orphanage with caregivers and warm beds and nutritious food provided by welfare services is always more than enough for ALL k dramas to condemn and sentence the mother to eternal damnation. Normal folks like us will never see the logic and one-sided biasness that k drama scriptwriters have about orphanages or of women who give up their infants. Doesn't it occur to them that the woman will most probably have a good reason/s for doing it? Would abortion be a more 'acceptable' solution?

This witer seems to enjoy using the snowballing effect - first JS found out about THE SECRET and went mad, so mad she fired herself out of a director's job, then it was JH's turn to know THE SECRET and she too went bonkers, and next is Jeongchul who already showed us in the end shot that he's capable of expanding his eyeballs. Care to wager who's next on the list to learn of THE SECRET - Gyutak, Minhyuk, Yunju, diner woman, mr & mrs white, the priest? That should give enough dingbats for the writer to stretch this drama to 174 eps.

Now that JS has stopped crying and started giving the I-won't-ever-forgive look, she had a telling encounter with her sinful mother by asking her 3 questions b4 saying what all the grannies already know: THIS ISN"T SOMETHING YOU CAN COVER UP.:

1. How long are you going to hide this? 2. Do you think runnig away will solve the problem? 3. If you disappear again, what do you think will happen?

Now in typical k drama fashion, Soonjin didn't answer those questions and the only thing she said is : JEONGSU AH.

Actually this is a very economic method used in ALL K DRamas for saying NO or I DON"T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT - you just utter the name of the person bombarding you with all this sensitive and unwanted questions. Works like a charm. Soonjin is also showing us why she's the mother of miss ditzy - nowadays soonjin wears only 2 expressions, the main one being the scared puppydog downward look (please don't torture me with your questions) and the other one is expanding her eyeballs while looking at the source of that irritant.

Since Soonjin didn't answer our lovely JS's questions, I'll do it for her:

1. How long are you going to hide this? For as long as the PD and scriptwriter wants me to, so that we can prolong this drama as much as possible.

2. Do you think runnig away will solve the problem? I don't solve problems. MIddle aged women like me know only how to react to problems.

3. If you disappear again, what do you think will happen? Actually I have no more places to disappear to since you already know abt the orphanage. Unless the scriptwriter teleports me to another drama like Secret Garden or My Princess, then nobody from this drama can find me. HEHE!

Talking about disappearing, this is actually the best time for soonjin to vanish bcos as you can see, THE SEcret is becoming more and more exposed. But I think the writer will make her FACE THE MUSIC so as to give evryone a chance to spew saliva at her face but the person who won;t condemn her will be the man in BLACK. I'm just guessing here.

And if you fast forward, here's why this drama was meant to be a comedy - Soonjin is going to end up marrying Gyutak who provided the sperm to create the priest (the priest will officiate at their wedding even) but now Soonjin is being condemned by her own family members for throwing away the baby bcos if she had kept the baby, that baby would now be living with them and might end up as the third leg of Dumb & Dumber. How's that for an alternate scenario!

FIX THIS...that's what JeongHee being the eldest, essentially told her stewpit mum today.

Finally JH lived up to her role as being the eldest bcos the writer gave her sensible things to say, especially the part where she told her adulterous mum that the priest should be told abt his DNA (God created him and it took an adulterous act to make him but it was a drama scriptwriter who gave him life, and a church SUV and lousy jokes).. We might also learn from JH 3 important words to utter to househusbands who have loose lips - YOU BE QUIET!

JH pressed the silly mum to reveal everything: THE PRIEST'S EMOTIONALLY STRONGER THAN ANY OF US. Dang right!! If a priest cannot handle his own shortcomings, apart from helping others' with their problems, then he shouldn't be wearing the black tunic.

I'll spare all of us the (over-acted) emotional riff-raff in 2day's episode by avoiding them entirely. And I won't even begin to deal with the major black-hole of a plot-hole concerning how an adult woman can be locked up by her own grandparents. In another drama shown 2 years ago, there was also a similar 'situation' where the adult woman claimed to have been locked up by her grandmother who objected to her relationship with a married man. Methinks our k drama scriptwriters have been reading one too many fairy tales about princesses locked up behind thick castle walls bcos they make it sound so easy to prevent and stop an adult woman from going out of the house. Indefinitely. Unless of course they happen to be living remotely in the mountains. Or it can only be made believable in k dramas.

Certainly they want us to believe that those old folks who lock up their adult family members are built like ex-Olympics heavyweight wrestlers or weightlifters, strong enough to immobilize an adult female should she try to do a prison break from home, eh?

So you've disgraced our family name and committed adultery and therefore I'm going to lock you up in your room and throw away the key, including the spare one. As for your boyfren gyutak, I'll just offer him enough money for him to go to the US where he'll hibernate until the scriptwriter brings him back to Korea.

Up until yesterday the adulterous mum wanted everyone to keep the secret from the priest at all costs. Actually her logic (and the writer's of course) is flawed. Soonjin got pregnant by Gyutak while she was married to mr white. Now how do you think mr white'll react when he hears the news (after the whole country has already known abt it)? Even if he didn't love her, and suspected erstwhile that she was sleeping with that punk, and so shouldn't feel too betrayed, the confirmation that another man planting his seed in his wife is NOT something his manhood can easily accept. Or maybe in revenge, mr white made Soonjin bear Jeongsu, Jeongchul & Jeongu in quick succession.

Then of course the priest can NOW actually think of retiring from godly service bcos he'll be the rightful heir to gyutak's wealth, ahead of the evil woman's grandson, especially since dogface will also legally remove himself from gyutak's family register. That makes the grandson for all eternity legally NOT related to gyutak anymore and of course the boy was never even carrying gyutak's bloodline. So all that the evil woman has been scheming for comes to nothing -- from zero to zero. After 174 episodes, she'll spend the rest of her life wondering why her twisted facial contortions didn't achieve any tangible longterm retirement benefits.

The trials and tribulations created simply by those unwilling to find out the truth is always mind boggling to me. Everyone is condemning Sunjin to Hell because of "throwing" a baby away. Dramatic decription if you ask me. Wasn't sure if this was covered but is the Priest older or younger than JH?

As mentioned the Domino effect of discovery of the deep, dark secret is calculable but still entertaining. Step by step we get closer to the end....

The trials and tribulations created simply by those unwilling to find out the truth is always mind boggling to me. Everyone is condemning Sunjin to Hell because of "throwing" a baby away. Dramatic decription if you ask me. Wasn't sure if this was covered but is the Priest older or younger than JH?

IN her sob story yesterday, she mentioned she had the priest while Jeonghee was still very young, and the rest had not yet been born. She added she didn't commit suicide (after discovering her grandparents had lied to her abt the baby's supposed death at birth) bcos of JH's young age. From the writer's perspective, JH & the baby 'priest' would have grown up together and maybe ended up smart & smarter.

IN her sob story yesterday, she mentioned she had the priest while Jeonghee was still very young, and the rest had not yet been born. She added she didn't commit suicide (after discovering her grandparents had lied to her abt the baby's supposed death at birth) bcos of JH's young age. From the writer's perspective, JH & the baby 'priest' would have grown up together and maybe ended up smart & smarter.

I see...I'm already smarter for asking. Smarter and Smarter is not that far fetched but however not realized. I just came home from work and will catch the episode on my DVR. See there has to be a reasonable explanation from Sunjin that makes some sense to all that has happened. Then again maybe not....

Now that the pussycat has been left out of the bag, the writer begins his FAF mode - Forgive & Forget.

As unbelievably silly as it sounds, Soonjin only tells gyutak half the story abt getting pregnant and giving away the baby to grow up in an orphange but stopped short of identifying the child. Man, she sure is the Queen Of Keeping Secrets but actually this is a common feature in 99% of k dramas, where the illusion of spilling the beans is so awfully perfect, just when you thought all has been emptied away, there actually remains one bean left unspilled. The last drop as it were.

So in 2day's end shot, it was gyutak's turn to expand his eyeballs when Youngju and Wujin told him - we know you're thrilled to find out you're now a father and drum roll please....your son is the Father.

Get it? What a hoot!! This writer could be from the team that writes jokes for KBS GAG Concert.

Speaking of eyeballs, today was the 2nd time (or maybe 3rd) we heard that gyutak actually has become infertile due to an accident he suffered in America which permanently damaged his reproductive system - so this news of him being a father of a Father is a godsend (pun intended).

Of course more fun signs ahead as we now wait for the Oh siblings to start calling the priest Brudder in addition to Father. To add even more noise and action today, Jenny threw her desk nameplate onto the floor in anger; a few episodes ago, her evil mum smashed Jeongsu's desk nameplate in the same way...geez it sure seems the lifespan of those transparent somewhat thick glass nameplates are way too short and both mother and daughter are so fond of breaking things.

Speaking of breaking, the evil woman still do not realise that her chances of destroying people's lives are dwindling by the moment. Yup, she's the embodiment of the cliche that says, They just don't know when to stop. Her game is up bcos Gyutak & Soonjin have cemented their bonds even stronger now that the secret is no more, doigface is going to remove himself from gyutak's family register and of course she hasn't realised the priest is the only legal heir to gyutak's wealth. However we didn't see much of dear jeongsu today except meeting Youngju under that TREE and that shady tree has been used time and again and will be used in the finale episode as well. Even a tree got more airtime than the diner woman today.

And still nobody has yet to anticipate mr white's possible violent reaction when he finds out that soonjin had a baby with gyutak....methinks gyutak should hire a few men in black suits and blacker glasses- the type that has body tattoos and uses korean baseball bats to pulverize other people's skulls - and protect his future wife from mr white.

Wise men say only fools rush in. But wiser men like gyutak just slam bam and thank you ma'am, and that's how this their-son-is-the-Father mess was born. How will mr white greet the news? You slept with my wife so I went ahead and married another woman - your son now helps people to meet God while my son might meet God sooner than later bcos he needs bone marrow. Thank you scritpwriter!

Thank heavens for despicable characters in k dramas...I'm sure some of you are also wondering why jenny's twisted mum have so much time on her hands (isn't she supposed to be a director of a nat'l museum or something?) walking around town and saying things that should never be said?

But this pain-giving woman did everyone a huge favor today by being the only thick-hide person to tell the good news to the priest - the diner food you've been freeloading off all this time was cooked by your biological mum - and thank goodness for once this priest didn't expand his eyeballs on hearing the sur-prize. In fact his goofy looks suited the situation quite well, bcos now that he knows who his mum is, he surely will discover who provided the sperm and then heavens have mercy, he'll realize he was the result of an adulterous affair.

Was her loveless marriage to mr white justifiable? Mr Priest, we will eagerly await how you handle this issue of adultery by your own mum. And then 'throwing him away' at the orphanage to hide that act of marital infidelity will surely jar his priestly instincts and test his own anger management. Practise What You Preach. For sure, the theme of 'forgive & forget' will still prevail at the end, and today gyutak led by example by going down on bended knees in front of the 3 Oh siblings. That close-up of Miss Ditzy (who previously yelled I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HER) was way enough to soothe my injured senses at watching this plodding story.

Speaking of 'forget', you'd notice the writer hasn't included any scenes of mr and mrs white for the past 2-3 episodes now. How mr white will react when all the dominos have fallen should be interesting. Will he go ballistic or will he just feel proud that all his past suspicions of his two-timing soonjin have indeed been proven true? Another sucker punch for gyutak or will he ask gyutak monetary compensation for banging his wife? Will we see gyutak go down on bended knees to ask mr white to forgive him?

Whoa, so many questions already so let me add one more...why izzit everytime (and I do mean everytime) we see scenes of the priest interacting with members of his flock, the members are all women? Izzit so difficult for the casting director to find one or two male extras or is the PD indeed emphasizing the point that our priest is a 'ladies man' like his dad gyutak? Like father, like son or should it be, Like father, like Father....**Cute grinz**

In yesterday's episode, it warmed my heart to see JH stand up for her Mom. t gave me hope for her character. Jeongchol is still a wonderment to me. I like the actor but this is the most stupid character I have ever seen him play. I hoep he can redeem himslf before the end of this drama.

I'm also curious to see Mr. White's reaction to the secret. I can imagine his disgust but am more curious of how he and the wife cn turn it into profit for them. Another thing to look froward to.

Gotta get JS out of the funk she is in...really not attractive. Gotta watch the DVR today when I get home from work.

Ep 161 today again promoted korea's No. 1 beverage choice for healing and soothing wounded and pained egos - SOJU. It's really freaky to know that in 100% of all k dramas, there MUST be a drunk scene and in 99% of the time the beverage of choice is soju.

When Koreans drink, they do so to get drunk, or else there's really no reason for them to drink.

Anyways I bet there were some of you who like me enjoyed the predicted fall from grace (but I think it's only a temporary dramatic device for some folks to sympathise with his 'pain') bcos if the priest doesn't get drunk, then viewers won't be convinced that he's been emotionally affected, get it? Altho I'm not religious, I somehow think this writer as usual cannot resist stereotyping even this priest as having only wafer-thin commitment to God - too convenient as it were. Think about it - this orphan-priest grew up for most of his life without the need for parental love AND after devoting himself to serving God as a priest, I should think that as a priest doing God's work day in day out, he would tell everyone in and out of this fictional drama that God's love is more powerful and the ONLY love he'll ever need.

I really don't think a REAL priest will so easily crumble to pieces especially since a REAL priest would already have helped scores of his followers manage even worse predicaments. There'd be no rapid corrosion of faith.

Indeed another different priest may well receive this news with sheer joy and happiness...that God has given him back his long-lost parents. It is something to treaaure and celebrate - not dive into self-pity and resort to accusations and passing judgement. Hey Changhui, were you ever a priest for real?

From a priestly view, how can parental love or even the thought of having parents drive our priest to embrace bottles of soju? This is just too contrived. No, I'm not saying the priest shouldn't be emotionally affected - another writer could have given him some crying scenes, bowed in deep prayers and then as all trained priests would do, seek the counsel of a senior priest.

Speaking of counselling, Jeongsu as expected is now regretting she ever said I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HER. In front of Dumb & Dumber, she still puts on a valiant front (I'm a hypocrite, she confesses to Youngju) but in front of Youngju, she turns to putty (I'M A BAD DAUGHTER) and for added effect, the director tells her to emote some tears while being hugged by her loser future hubby. Mister Hands-On Youngju should have taken advantage of JS vulnerable state then and there undert hat tree - So you're a bad dauighter, huh, now I'm going to bend you over my knees and give you a spanking...now tell me do you prefer bare hands or paddle? Oh darn, I left my paddle at home, no worries I'll use my long-fingered hands, ok my lovely Jeongsu? oops sorry, this is family drama.

Speaking of family, I like Jenny today - her hair and makeup was fabulous and she did the thing we've been waiting for - she gave her pain-inflicting mum an expiry date: I DON"T WANT YOU AS MY MUM ANYMORE. Other than the obvious parallelism to Jeongsu's declaration agst soonjin, there was stark contrast to the way Jenny delivered her message of intent: she was icy-cool and deliciously sexy when she faced her bad-bad mum.

That's The Way...Aha Aha....I Like It.....Aha Aha.

No kidding. Soju is the way of life in Korea. The recent episodes have tried my patience by having my more favorite characters flexing their dramatic wares. JS and the Priest just do not look natural showing the anguish. It is just too sudden for me.

Agree with you that it was a welcome sight seeing Jenny tell her Mom off. What took so long?

richard simmons character award goes to Minhyeok for spurting out the secret to Mr. and Mrs. White. He does belong with the Diner lady.

All I can say is it is well time that the secret comes...let's weather the storm and move on.

Ep 162 today - To the townfolks of this drama - please be advised that sunday mass and other regular church activites will be on deep freeze indefinitely bcos our priest has run away. He has also turned off his GPS locator which makes it imporssible for our covert spy team from Athena Goddess of War to track him down.

We are fully aware the scriptwriter is responsible for making our priest behave just like his shameless biological mother i.e. when the going gets tough, the tough disappears. Our friendly town police has told us they're too busy chasing real criminals thus they cannot spare anyone to find runaway crybaby priests.

Until such time when the scriptwriter allows the priest to return, we will likewise take our time in locating a substitute priest from another KBS drama. In the meantime please take advantage of the priest's absence and attend our origami classes conducted by our priest's half-brother and the hot girl Yunju. END OF ANNOUNCEMENT.

Speaking of hot girl, I think we can now officially remove the title of Miss Ditzy from Jeongsu. Never mind that JS eye makeup was done by the same woman who did jenny's eye makeup, JS looked babelicious as usual. What's more the scriptwriter gave her permission to shout back at mr white and wrote her this one line: BEING A BAD HUSBAND DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BE A BAD FATHER. Put another way: A man can be a good husband but that doesn't guarantee he'll be a good father. Wah...even Jedi master Yoda would be impressed by this profound er..whatever.

A DEEP ONE SHE'S BECOME THIS WOMAN CALLED JEONGSU - Not to mention her baby smooth skin would make all of us quite lame bcos sadly THE FORCE is powerless at improving facial complexions.

Speaking of facial complexions, did you notice jenny's mum facial twitches when gyutak threatened to send her to a mental hospital? Strangely enough, she didn't deny gyutak's diagnosis after 162 episodes of her soon-to-be-lame dastardly acts. Indeed going to a mental institution might be good for her since she's running out of people (and reasons) to terrorise on a daily basis. The only thing is her expertise at snarling, making facial contortions and her other evil looks will be put to shame when compared to the really crazy citizens in a mental institution, the likes of Jack Nicholson.

Ep 163 - Soonjin & JS finally make peace with each other after JS stumbles upon Soonjin's entry in her diary:- THINGS TO DO B4 I DIE. Aww...shucks...don't the title itself make your heart bleed?

And do you know how Jeongsu stumbled across her mom's diary? It conveniently fell out of the kitchen cupboard, as if begging JS - PLEASE READ ME, IT"LL MAKE YOU CRY.

So in typical k drama fashion involving mothers and daughters crying together and sharing the blame game, JS says I AM A BAD DAUGHTER, and Soonjin replies, I AM A TERRIBLE MOM. I think the scriptwriter is really telling us THIS IS A MESSED UP FAMILY SO DON"T TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY. Just look at the drama title - cryptic isn't it? And why is there not a single kleenex tissue in the kitchen to soak up those tears?

Speaking of cryptic, Soonjin was even debating in her diary entry whether a white wedding dress would be fitting for a sinful woman like her and when JS read that, more tears rolled down her baby soft cheeks. In case you didn't see the 'hidden power' of suggestion, both mother and daughter are going to their future weddings NOT as virgins but I'm sure korean bridal studios have more than one color available exactly for such contingencies. Chastity not required, only vanity and lots of $$$.

But there was a creepy scene showing both gyutak & soonjin dreaming about the son, and that brief nightmare made both fogies from a sleeping position to sit up straight 90 degress upright. What bugs me was why was the priest shown walking, er...make that stumbling, around in that eerie forest and then as expected lost his footing and rolled down some ways slamming against a tree.

So was he acting out a one-man version of Jack & Jill going up the hill, playing dual roles of Jack breaking his crown and Jill tumbling down, or was the priest looking for the spot where he buried his childhood collection of barbie dolls? Perhaps it's better to make him stumble around and fall down in the forest instead of stumbling around the crowded streets of downtown seoul and then getting knocked down by a car with faulty brakes driven by a one-eyed drunk driver. Stairway to heaven?

Thanks for the previews Daunte...it makes the anticipation that much greater. The touching moment between the Priest and the Chairman was very good. In m many years of watching Kdramas, I have never seen anything quote like this between two male characters.

It was just a matter of time before Mr. White exploded. He is a joke and it made my heart feel good to see JS ripping him a new one. His other half is no better with her damn belief that whatever is Mrs. Lee's is also hers. In what universe does any of this make sense. I do hope and pray that retribution for the rest of us humans will eventually be played out.

The Curator sure made some classic grimaces for the camera in this one. However I need to see more than that. I would like to see destruction to some degree.

I am liking the way Jenny has evolved. She is looking fine too.

Archived