Opinions on imitation/faux leather jackets

Guest --*pinkberri

Guest FireDragon

Some look really nice, but some are cheap looking, as in similar to shiny, hardened garbage-bag material. Avoid those at all costs! They don't reek of death like real leather does (Wilsons Leather - did they go bankrupt yet?). Go for pleather... there is really no need to wear real animal skin when we have the technology to create synthetics. =]

Guest kinella

As long as you buy one that doesn't smell weird or looks cheap, then obviously it's fine, the only issue is it's pretty rare to find faux leather that looks good

be it cost/ "morality" whatever the reason for buying faux leather, I don't really care, not my business, just make sure it doesn't look cheap or smell bad

you won't feel 'guilty' for that instance but animal by products are everywhere, cosmetics, skin care, food, candy

yeah i know but, you see, my reply is from a veggy person who reads the cosmetics' INCI and such

i even feel guilty when wearing leather shoes, go figure

the only thing that saves me from my guilt by wearing leather shoes is that the process to make faux leather shoes is very scary and damaging for the environment.

what you wear and do is a sign of a personal style of life and 'hygiene' , i choose carefully where to put my money because it is a political act

but i'm going off topic...

Guest o1honey

I tried looking for some @ H&M over the weekend, i found a couple of nice ones but my boyfriend hated all of them : P

Is it a trend this season for cropped leather jackets?

Because either my upper body is lengthier than normal people, or their leather jackets are a tad bit short O_o

Guest rachilde

Faux leather can be just as good and a fake leather jacket and most of the better made ones (100+) aren't distinguishable from the fake ones. I bought a faux leather jacket form Lip Service for 114USD and no one can tell it's not real and I get compliments all the time. Besides, many times, a company doesn't make faux leather products for cheapness' sake. A lot of companies do so for matters if principle. Lip Service, for example, has a lot of clients who are very animal rights conscious and provides faux leather goods on matter of principle and not because they're cheap (and Lip Service isn't really a cheap brand to begin with). Also know that real leather comes in any variety of finishes, from shiny to distressed; so a shiny jacket doesn't necessarily mean faux. Patent leather products are real leather, after all--they are merely finished with a shiny glossy finish.

• 1 month later...
Guest dom44

Forget about faux leather jackets. I know of an online shop where you can get some great deals on leather jackets and much more.

It is Dolyen Leathers. PM me for the website info.

Guest ai.s2

Faux leather can be just as good and a fake leather jacket and most of the better made ones (100+) aren't distinguishable from the fake ones. I bought a faux leather jacket form Lip Service for 114USD and no one can tell it's not real and I get compliments all the time. Besides, many times, a company doesn't make faux leather products for cheapness' sake. A lot of companies do so for matters if principle. Lip Service, for example, has a lot of clients who are very animal rights conscious and provides faux leather goods on matter of principle and not because they're cheap (and Lip Service isn't really a cheap brand to begin with). Also know that real leather comes in any variety of finishes, from shiny to distressed; so a shiny jacket doesn't necessarily mean faux. Patent leather products are real leather, after all--they are merely finished with a shiny glossy finish.

so agree ==, cant believe people think shiny equals cheap,

theres all types of leather with diff finishes people,

today's technology is good enough to produce synthetic leather whose quality and looks are good enough for everday wear

plus as if the majority here can can tell what's real and not? unless you're rich or/& have some kind of background with leather

working in the clothes store,i see so many customers who cannot cannot distinguish the diff & believe whatever it says on the tag,

why buy & kill an animal when you cant even appreciate it in the first place and will probably not end up wearing it after the trend goes away, also dont forget if you do want real leather to last you do have to care for alot

just buy a faux one of a decent quality & that'll last you quite some time too,

and if you compre the prices of course it'll be cheaper than real leather but to get a decent one, it probably wont end up being extra cheap anyway

Guest Lovejam31

I love them! But you have to find one that fits right and I've noticed it looks better on people with skinny arms...

Guest yukinohana

no i think faux leather is great.

i wouldnt want to wear a real leather jacket

i have one from urban outfitters with studs and i get complimented all the time

Archived