Californians HELP!

Guest Jeffversion2

Guest Jeffversion2

Locations and such
If there are any Key Clubbers here...then you all must know that next year's DCON is in Long Beach.

I'm planning to go, but being "Hawaiian" and all (ahaha yeaaaaahhh gotta correct you guys about that later) I was wondering what there is to do at Long Beach. My advisors and I are already talking about the trip and idk any places to go in Long Beach.

Furthermore, what cities are within like a hours distance of Long Beach? For some reason I'm thinking Long Beach is around San Diego side...but I think I'm seriously wrong

Much Mahalos (thanks)

Guest CIRee

Long beach is like a 20 min drive north to get to down town los angeles. And there tons of things to do at long beach, but you got to becareful because certain parts of the city is not that safe. I would recommend you call like the Long beach community center. But there is heap to do in long beach along the beach of course.

Guest Jeffversion2

Hmm yeah I heard that the year before some Hawaii-ans got lost in the ghettos over there. Pretty spooky

Guest dancing_pickle

you can always visit Disneyland, Universal Studios, & Knott's Berry Farm. they're all less than an hour away from Long Beach. L.A. is also pretty closeby so you can eat & shop to your heart's content there :]

theres a good side to long beach and a bad side. its a nice city with a lot of residents attending CSULB. you should visit the beach and maybe some shopping centers. nothing really spectacular.

long beach isnt anywhere near san diego though.

Guest ♡ Mrs Jung Ji Hoon ♡

Well if you're gonna be in Long Beach, you might as well visit an attraction in the city itself, right? I would recommend the Aquarium of the Pacific.

Guest babossagaji

If there are any Key Clubbers here...then you all must know that next year's DCON is in Long Beach.

I'm planning to go, but being "Hawaiian" and all (ahaha yeaaaaahhh gotta correct you guys about that later) I was wondering what there is to do at Long Beach. My advisors and I are already talking about the trip and idk any places to go in Long Beach.

Furthermore, what cities are within like a hours distance of Long Beach? For some reason I'm thinking Long Beach is around San Diego side...but I think I'm seriously wrong

Much Mahalos (thanks)

really now? I can't wait for the fall rally!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Jeffversion2

^ It's a waste for us to go to that since it costs like $500 to fly to Cali alone for DCON, then another like $200 for hotel for like 4 days.

I mean I'd love to go to that from what I heard and everything since I'm Mr. Go-crazy-with-banners-and-flags over here but next year I'll guarantee you'll see two Hawaii flags and one of them will be held by me :)

Thanks for the input too. I heard that Disneyland was around there but yeah idk how I got San Diego. Maybe I was thinking LA.

YEAH BOYYY KEY CLUB D16!!!

haha anyway. yeah, disneyland if you've got time and money to waste; with the convention schedule, though, i doubt you'll be able to ride even, like, three rides if you go there haha. and it costs around.. like.. $50.

knotts is the way to go :D

but uh long beach, yeah haha. i can't say there's much to do there in particular. just go to la and do nrb or something puahah

Guest DragonXero

D12!!! lol. Actually, I wasn't actually part of Key Club. I just hung out there a lot. I was in another community service club. x] DCON is supposedly really fun... If you have loads of money... Hahaha. But anyways, I heard that Knotts isn't much fun... >.<;;

Guest Jeffversion2

haha anyway. yeah, disneyland if you've got time and money to waste; with the convention schedule, though, i doubt you'll be able to ride even, like, three rides if you go there haha. and it costs around.. like.. $50.

but uh long beach, yeah haha. i can't say there's much to do there in particular. just go to la and do nrb or something puahah

D16...you guys were crazy lol. I'm gonna be around your division alot next year since my like bestest "cousin" is in it XD

Hmm I've been to Knotts before and it was ok. I'm not a REALLY big fan of big rides and stuff and idk if I'd want to go crazy and ride stuff. Then again I got sick at Disneyland and hated it there (yeah omfg).

Wasn't Seaworld around there? or Universal Studios

Guest Kazen88

Disneyland is like $60-70 right now. Freaking expensive and the lines are crazy. The Pike in LB is supposed to be good?

Guest alwayzujustme

whoa...key clubbers here too?....lolz...D12EAST!!!

anyways...long beach...hm....well of course like they said Disney Land, if you guyz are up for the drive it's pretty close to downtown LA and Orange County...you might find something to do there...

Guest watcher

there's also shopping in fashion island or south coast mall, which is like a 10~15 minute drive from long beach. there's balboa island, which is a small little community with unique stores. you can take ur car on a ferry and get boated over.

if you want korean areas just to eat korean and go 노래방, ur better off heading to garden grove or cerritos area. it's much closer.

Guest lil0vi3tpryd3r

oh yea DCONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN aww im not a key clubber ne more..im a Circle K-er now? o_O lolz i miss key club. good years and good memories

Guest havoc11

well next to the convention center is CPK (california pizza kitchen) and the Pier. so its pretty nice.

the C center is actually in a nice part of LB so yeah...

CSULB is alittle farther from the C center but its drivable (about 20 minutes)

disneyland is about 45-50minutes from the center

knotts is about 20-25 minutes away

LA depending on the traffic is anywhere from 20minutes-4 hours away...hahahaha

hope to see you at convention

sea world and universal studios is a good longs way from the convention center...

sea world is like 4-6 hour drive...away...-_-

Guest babossagaji

^ It's a waste for us to go to that since it costs like $500 to fly to Cali alone for DCON, then another like $200 for hotel for like 4 days.

I mean I'd love to go to that from what I heard and everything since I'm Mr. Go-crazy-with-banners-and-flags over here but next year I'll guarantee you'll see two Hawaii flags and one of them will be held by me :)

Thanks for the input too. I heard that Disneyland was around there but yeah idk how I got San Diego. Maybe I was thinking LA.

I'm guessing the convention's over alreadY? I was gonna go but too bad I didn't make it for Key Club Pres. I wanted it so bad!!! TT__TT Hawaii won 2 years ago because they were so close to the people. But..wow, I can't believe Hawaii would spend that much for 4 days? I'm glad I only live an hour or two away. I'll be looking for you then!!!!! Hawaii's purple, right?

Guest babossagaji

^ We are supposedly Yellow and Blue I think

What? Really?! We're blue and yellow also..but I think we're a different division. I'm pretty sure..Oh well, I should stop getting off topic.

Archived