what is your country's famous food??

Guest RikoHea

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jellie_kookie

Filipino side:

ADOBO and Sinigang. :) Fo'sho.

Currently living in middle east so I guess Baklava, the sweet thingies. They are so sweet, seriously. T_T

Guest Sonnenschein

Spätzle ( special kind of Noodles) and I would say the variety of german bread ............  do you think beer counts as food as well  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

from the philippines: i guess it would be the famous adobo, it can either be chicken or pork adobo. its kinda like the equivalent of the steak in the US. the other famous food in our country would be the sinigang. it could be chicken, pork, seafoods (shrimp or fish), or beef (its called nilaga). its the equivalent of shabu shabu of the japanese.

Guest toomuchkimchi

Australia: BBQ & Beer (Australia doesn't have it's own special food, we took it from everybody else)

Vietnam: Pho &  Fish Sauce

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clairene

Kimchi??? ==;; Even though that's barely a food just a side dish but it's the first thing people think of.

I think the other would be bulgogi.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest blueaugustsky

In Canada:

-Poutine... I've tried it when I was younger, it's pretty good once you forget all about the cheese curds and the thick gravy. Haven't tried it in awhile though. :P

Philippines:

-Adobo(I can tolerate it, but it is definately NOT my favorite dish)

-Sinigang( OH GAWD, I WANT SOME NAOW)

yup agree with that /\ its funny because they used to sell poutine at school and considering how unhealthy it is its pretty weird... oh and of course can't forget about canadian bacon mmm LOL with pancake and maple syrup...

and for the filipino side yup adobo is the most popular but I dont really enjoy it that much sinigang on the other hand is awesome... :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived