Official Seohwa/용서/Yongseo Sweet Potato Couple Thread 1 ♥

hazelnutthursdays

Guest Crystal392

*waves to everyone*

Please don't forget it's against soompi rules to quote pictures (remove img tags) and to post one lines or less than 20 words :)

There is so much people I want to thank: MountainMadMan, Caliope, _d3seohyun, jnj, aisou, Germbaby, etc! Thanks Gogumas for keeping this thread alive ^_^

*Awesome fanmade video teaser:

Yongseo-Like a star Teaser

by Cherryhana88blossom

*To all the ones who want to rewatch the latest ep:

Part 1 || Part 2

by SweetPotatosubs (I ♥ those subs ^^)

Guest lovekin

mountainmadman:  thank you for the translations!

okay, so ready for another analysis?  haha, just kidding.  sort of.  i gathered questions and observations from the last two pages, and i also decided to compile some of my own after watching the NAN segment.  everything is under the cut!

one of the statements i've seen floating around is how yong might be feeling when he's constantly asked the same question, and how that might affect his feelings for/of seo.

first off, it's natural to get annoyed by repeated questions, especially if it's insinuating a celebrity is linked with another person (because it could be more or less detrimental to their career).  this applies to both western and eastern celebrities/idols.  many celebrities are known to get testy with such invasive interviews.  so yes, while yong usually has his heart on his sleeve, he is sometimes difficult to read when he goes quiet, and it's easy to perceive his quick answers as more of a duty to his show.  i touched upon this subject briefly in one of my earlier posts, but i did say that it worried me to some extent that, in his interviews, he was suddenly quick to say that seo was his ideal and showed off his ring quite a bit more than normal.  when you're asked a question you hear so frequently, you become prepared ... sometimes a little too prepared that it comes off rehearsed.  so it's something to keep in mind, but i wouldn't say that it's indicative of his true relationship with seo – again, we'll never know.

does seo think of him as a love interest or friend?

she does have a knack for being mysterious in regard to her feelings.  for me, if anything, i think yong has slowly developed his feelings for her, but i still can't say what she feels for him.  i can say that she likes him to a degree, but it's still hard to tell if it's of a romantic or platonic inclination, so i concluded that she's somewhat in the middle.  she's openly said how she was happy to see him (latest episode), and she does "brag" about him according to hyo.  those are signs that there may be some interest.  but she also has this habit of likening her actions on WGM as a path to her future relationship.  in other words, when she's interviewed, she has this ability to talk of WGM and her relationship with yong as a stepping stone for the real thing as opposed to recognizing her moments with yong as it is in the present.  i don't know if that makes sense.  however, while she is difficult to read, there are still signs that she may be crushing on him, whether or not she recognizes those feelings in herself.  she might even be afraid/nervous to acknowledge them because they're so new, and she knows that people will hassle/tease her for it since she's never had any prior experience.

as much as it may comfort her that her unnies are there to support her and help her answer all the tough questions, i think she'd be much more open about her feelings if she wasn't under constant scrutiny.  i mean, assuming what she and yong have is real, would you want your first relationship dissected and shared with the whole world?  probably not.

my opinions on NAN (this is good).

when yong is asked at 6:50 whether he likes someone, you can see him at a loss for words and evades eye contact by looking down.  he does tend to briefly smile a lot during his inquisition, but it's when he smiles that i find particularly funny.  when the other guy asks him if she goes solo or travels in a pack, yong has this moment before he answers, and it comes off like, i know what you're implying, and it could be true, but i'm not going to tell you.  i think a lot of us have had this happen to us when we're grilled by our friends if we have someone we like but we're not prepared to say anything.

the fact that it's a solo vs. pack is what raises the red flags (for me) because now he obviously knows who they're referring to.  in fact, he might have been prepared for it but, if so, he may as well have gone all-out and just laugh and then shrug it off.  the more open you are and the less you have to hide, you can find amusement in things and still brush it off with ease.  when others know what you might be thinking, you'll have a tendency to do your best to hide it, as obvious as you are.

when yong is asked how many people are in the group, he does laugh out loud (when you're nervous about something, you're going to have to laugh it off eventually because hold it in long enough, and you're going to smile so wide that it'll break your face – and that might even be more telling than just laughing).  but yong also starts fidgeting ... he actually does this earlier on where he touches his nose, and then he moves his legs a little while he's readjusting his grip on the folder or whatever it is he's holding.

when psy says outright if it could be seohyun, he fidgets again with his hair.  the thing is, while yong does it pretty often (and he may also do it out of habit, rather than having any underlying reason for it), you'll always revert back to your natural habits under stress.  tongue.gif  and when the other guy says, "oh, the girl who travels in packs," yong says he's gone too far.  this part is a bit sketchy for me to interpret because it could go both ways, but it could be that he doesn't want them to press on further because then that would just be confirming 100% what they think they know, or it could be because it's untrue.

still, during his interrogation, it was hard for him to maintain eye contact with others.  and generally speaking (because it's not always true), lack of eye contact suggests you're hiding something.  and why hide your smile if it's no one?  wub.gif

in all seriousness, though, as much as i do actually believe he might have had seo in mind, i will say that i don't know for sure.  i mean, it's easy for me to read into his actions, but i'm not going to say that said actions make it 100% identifiable who he's talking about but that it's clear for now.

the last one was fun.  i could watch his NAN segment forever, to be honest, just because i'm about 85-90% sure that if you're that coy while everyone else is sharing who they know the girl to be, and all you can do is try and contain yourself to be as stoic as possible, you have to be hiding something.  i don't think they would have been able to illicit the same reactions from yong if they asked him about some random girl ... but i'm not saying it's impossible either

Guest bezbezbez

Good Day everyone!!!

This will be the last time that I'll ask the following gogumas below to complete their personal info. Please take time to complete yours because it is really heart-breaking for me to trim your reasons just because you have some missing information.

To other gogumas out there who knows the following person, please inform them about this. I really need the info ASAP. Thanks everyone!!!

Jes_see, _____, Australia

Afifah, _____, Ireland

Leslie_lei, _____, _____

Lucy_marie, _____, _____

Blueswim_boo, _____, _____

Mashamishmash, _____, _____

Jielun_Aini, _____, _____

Miel_1301, _____, _____

Cailei, _____, USA

Kevin1320, _____, _____

Ladylia257, _____, _____

Kulaylay, _____, _____

DJHinata, _____, _____

2nd EDIT: Thanks lunasol! I missed it...kekeke

Vina, 19, Indonesia

Imee, 22, Indonesia -Aurevoir

Guest lunasol

NAN show

From what I knew about Psy, I was sure that Psy-Yonghwa interaction was a MUST SEE and I am HAPPY of what transpired during NAN!!!! After feeling depressed this weekend without a Yongseo episode, NAN really made up for it!!!! Now that I have the time I am going to spazz so sorry if it will be long!! biggrin.gif

I think we can now add Psy as an honorary member in our Goguma World!! :-)

Psy's qualities biggrin.gif:

Personal info: Married with twin toddler daughters

Profession: Singer/rapper/songwriter

Side profession:

SNSD hard-core fan/supporter/defender

Love/relationship counselor/therapist

Special achievements: The guy who with his experience, knowledge and sincere talk was able to get Yong to lower his guards and ask a question that is impossible for anyone to not think is Seohyun. (Please, who is the model girl for "upright, clean, honest"?? Even he himself have said comments along those lines in his interviews). In addition, although it was Daesung (Big Bang) who told Yong to sit down on Psy's chair, and everyone was asking questions towards Yong obviously referring to Hyun; Psy was the one who on purpose said her name aloud by reading the screencam (he could have left it as an ambiguous girl without naming someone on air). He was also the one who made the more sharper questions, especially "when do you plan to kiss her?"biggrin.gif

Psy was on attack mode, maybe trying to help Yong to let it out. From Psy's point of view, you shouldn't fear expressing what you feel if you like someone. You have to let it out and be perseverant.

Even if all questions are scripted by the producers, Yong's reactions and comments, as well as the comments of the people at the studio were obviously not scripted. His shy-smiley look, the hand-hair gesture he always do when he feels nervous, his not answering the question if he likes someone but then answering maybe they know her or maybe not (so obviously he liked someone in the question he didn't originally answer), etc... Besides, he could just have said "Its just a general question not related to me, why are you focusing on me", but he didn't. For me, all his expressions were sincere.

Yong was even in awe of Psy's lecture before asking the famous question hahaha. He looked at Psy as if he is "The Man" and a savior hahaha. Also notice that after he stopped the interrogation by ordering Psy to sit down, Yong tried to change the topic 2 or 3 times by saying another question but nobody listened to him!! The rest wanted to continue with Yong and the kiss topic hahaha. But even after he tried to change the topic, Yong froze and listened intently to Psy when he started to talk about difficulties for guys like Yonghwa and gave his advice. Look at Yong's extremely focused expression!! He definitely was taking the question, answers and advice very personally.

Although Yong originally seemed to have a lot of relationship experience, I think from his actions here, as well as his actions with Hyun, it seems he doesn't have that much experience. WGM producer even said something along that line. I think it was said by a school mate that he only had like 2 girlfriends? Obviously from what he said at WGM, whatever girlfriend he had, they were very different compared to Hyun. Maybe as Psy said, guys like Yonghwa can easily find girls attracted to them so they don't have to work much. But when someone appears that they REALLY REALLY like they don't know how to approach her and feel insecure. Which is totally evident in his treatment of Hyun OMG!! I am just spazzing writing this!

Anyways, not only Psy can move Yong into action, but he also move masses while he is performing. Just watch. Its electric! ;-)

PSY's Guerilla Concert in Seoul (HongDae)

EDIT:

MountainMadman: I am really thankful for your translations and welcome to the thread!!

bezbezbez: Hi! I think I saw Vina replying to you guys. I think she is from Indonesia. I read it today and I remember because I liked the sound of the word Vina hahaha. I found it! Her post is on page 1371.

Guest Crystal392

lovekin & lunasol: I enjoyed reading your posts ^_^

I agree, PSY is a honorary member of Goguma Planet :w00t: He can live with MC Jake ^^

bezbezbez: Thanks so much for all the time you are taking to organize everything. A million Gogumas to you! :D

*Pics from dcmarried:

~Their babies will definitely have big eyes

;) and will be so cute :wub:~

baby2yc.jpg

~Ring Ding Dong!~

ringvq.jpg

Who would have thought that this WGM drought would have been filled with such SPAZZ-worthy moments!?!?!

Secret glances, actual fancams of him singing along and closely watching Hyun's performance.

When it comes to NAN, I also think that it kind of slipped out. His reaction and everyone's pause right after he asked the question, IDK I just don't think it's scripted. He looks like he's been put on the spot, and if it were scripted he wouldn't have looked so nervous. I don't quite remember who said that maybe SM has been extra careful around the WGM issue (as seen on both Heechul's show and Happy Together) in order to avoid a scandal. I know that in the past SNSD has been really careful to avoid any rumors. Idols have to keep everything secret; but SNSD in particular isn't ALLOWED to date.

I find it really endearing that he was protecting her. The way he just cuts off the interrogation and tried to carry on with the show, props to him. I can just imagine him calling/texting her an explanation after the recording. Manager probably had to deal with FNC, MBC, and SM, poor soul. 

That said, I like that PSY (I've noticed this about some other entertainers and comedians, as well) looked out for Yonghwa. I think his advice was really well-meant and the way he handled/ended the discussion was really cool of him, because I feel that he realized maybe he went to far and put him on the spot. The guy who was pressing to know about the last kiss, on the other hand, I think I remember him previously being a bit rude to Yonghwa during the episode of Happy Together (incidentally).

I find it really endearing that he was protecting her. The way he just cuts off the interrogation and tried to carry on with the show, props to him. I can just imagine him calling/texting her an explanation after the recording. Manager probably had to deal with FNC, MBC, and SM, poor soul. 

You know, I went to bed, woke up this morning and had a similar train of thought. I'd rewatched NAN cut last night before sleeping so...must have been thinking too much. I said in my previous post that when the teasing was light, Yong didn't seem to mind but I think the point in time when he started to look a bit startled and alarmed was the point at which Psy asked him 'Are you protecting her, by any chance'. Look closely at his expression. To me it went from 'huh' -> 'wait a min' -> 'aw crap! That's right she could get into trouble!'. Then he stopped and stood up after 1 more question....

Not saying that 'That's right she could get into trouble' means that the girl he was asking about is definitely Hyun, but because they are implying it is Hyun it could start a ruckus which her company and fans might not take kindly to? Hence stop. 

Edit: Oh yah I agree some of them were looking out for him. Psy didn't HAVE to ask if he's protecting her did he? Maybe he's reminding Yong not to say TOO much. Someone pointed out pages and pages ago also that Yoo Jaesook kept quiet and changed the topic when Yong let slip that he does have Hyun's number :).

Umm just a first-thing-in-the-morning thought =x.

Guest baby_bo

Hello everyone :)

It's wednesday and 3 more days before Goguma day :)

by the way, we really need help on this one.

Please please if you know some of these villagers, please tell them to post the details we need.

THANK YOU ♥

Good Day everyone!!!

This will be the last time that I'll ask the following gogumas below to complete their personal info. Please take time to complete yours because it is really heart-breaking for me to trim your reasons just because you have some missing information.

To other gogumas out there who knows the following person, please inform them about this. I really need the info ASAP. Thanks everyone!!!

EDIT: Thanks lunasol! I missed it...kekeke

Vina, 19, Indonesia

I blame crystal_malfoy and all this talk of adorable YongSeo children for this idea... more like inadvertently aiding my craziness.

I honestly have nothing better to do at the moment, apparently.

Like a crazy person, I went and morphed Yonghwa and Seohyun pictures to get this:

tumblr-lbo8sjtI4w1qetw8wo1-500-large-jpg--Jung-Yonghwa4-jpg.jpeg

LOL, their child basically grows up to look like Yoona? I always thought Seo looks a bit like Yuri and Yoona, so I guess it makes sense?

Hmmm... the more I look at this, the more I realize their bone structure is suprisingly compatible. Scratch that, it isn't suprising. They're compatible at pretty much everything. These are the same people that failed their drivers test twice.

Ok. I'll stop now. I need to stop spazzing, it's getting late.

EDIT: Hoot Dance MV is out!

Guest SophiaPia

Good day to all :)

credit to Baidu and sweetpotato chat box pls. check the video of lovely wife SeoHyun @kbs2 i think the date says 2010Nov16

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=936118967

forget about other people POV about SeoHyun less fans, less scream this vid says it all

Saturday paliiiiiiii

Enjoy ur day guys

Btw credit again to Baidu look likes 2010Dec02 wife SeoHyun and hubby Yong will meet again @KBS hall check the poster (just scroll it down a bit)

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=935909856

Guest toomuchsmiling

FallenAnjewl omg, THANK UUUUU. FINALLY. FINALLY a fancam comes out of Yong watching his wife perform Hoot!!! and he sang with her (or lipsynched) her beginning part!! AND he was watching the monitor. ^___^ oh, it's just PURE love. :wub:

_d3seohyun- and thank you for expressing my exact spazzy feelings. u articulate ur spazzes so much more better than i do. :lol:

ok now ppl, now i'm not as sad that wgm wasn't aired (i mean of course i am) it's just a little bit better what with Night After Night's obvious confession moment and that fancam of Love Concert.

(yup, lotsa love was in the AIR that night!) wahahaha

Guest lunasol

Mind you, I may not be too coherent right now because I am tired and almost midnight here, but I was thinking that when artists are working at their respective shows, their managers are with them. I am sure someone would have told SBS to cut the recorded questioning part and just leave the first question and phone call part and maybe connect it to the part "handsome guys like Yonghwa have difficulties approaching girls" etc. Hope i am making sense. The point is that they can or would have edited it out if it was required. Sadly, WGM is the vivid example of editing were they record a whole day and we just see 20 minutes. Normally, pre-recorded shows record more footage than what we see, so I am sure they could have edited Yong's 2 minute 'personal question' and teasing . In addition, Yong is not a guest. He is even the host of two shows on SBS, so I think they would do something if it was going to affect him or someone deeply related to him or he asked them to.

Yes, its possible that in NAN he was worried about their companies/fans and I am sure as an artist it must be something on his mind. At the same time I still think that some of the times in the video he was too fidgety, shy, nervous in a way that was not: "My company or Hyun's company are going to be angry and they are going to kill me". It was more in a way like "I don't know what to do! My friends are teasing because they kinda noticed that I like someone, but I don't want to tell them the truth". Besides, the teasing and questions were getting too personal, so anyone would react the way he did by standing up if they really liked someone and he is being teased and pressured about it, not just because of company worries. I also noticed that he was smiling widely while walking off the stage after the advice/counseling ended. He didn't looked worried.

So I think first and foremost he just wanted to keep things private as a normal personal reaction... I don't know...

Maybe the fact that we didn't have an episode last weekend caused me to overanalyze what happened at NAN.  But no matter what is the truth, the feeling I felt watching it is happiness so it must have meant something wub.gif

Now I just really need to go to sleep but first I want to say how cute Yong was nodding his head to the songs rhythm and singing along to her parts and chorus, and watching the monitor intensely, especially on her part. In the fancam video I didn't see Yong doing similar reactions towards other artists. Watch it and you will see. At the same time, Hyun was smiling directly at the camera during her part, which she doesn't usually do. It was like she new he was going to be watching.

We will never know for sure if they looked directly at each other at the concert ending, but what we can be sure is that he really liked Hoot song and her part just by his reactions wink.gif.

Just wanted to get something off my chest about this couple before I go to sleep.

I was not an avid fan of SNSD as I am now, so I was not really familiar with the group and I only knew of them based on what I've read about them on threads and articles. It was WGM that got me so hooked onto them now since I was a bit wary of them because of how the anti-fans described them. I have learned not to judge because of this mistake and will try to get to know people first before jumping to assumptions.

As the show progressed, I found a piece of myself in Hyun. That innocence and naivete that I try so hard to hide from everyone I know personally. I'm scared that someone might take advantage of me because of that innocence. That is why I was so surprised at how Hyun projected herself and did not lie to or about herself. I was scared for her because of her honesty and pureness might make her vulnerable as to what may come; if her "husband" was just in it for the show or just playing her. I admire her for being so brave and her willingness to learn for her future. She deserves to be an inspiration and the aspiration of many young girls out there who so desperately want to grow up.

So I am thankful for the PD-nim for choosing Yong for Hyun. I don't think there would be any other guy who can make her laugh at the corniest puns or actually buy her a goguma field, or make her eyes twinkling like an anime character.

Guest my.yonghwa.baby

Hello, all happy.gif WGM soon biggrin.gif

I watched Yong's Night after Night and really enjoyed it. I just made a quick little...cap? Yong's expression was just too cute to pass upwub.gif

154460_10150321505125114_754960113_15650058_7093428_n.jpg

this song is perfect for yongseo couple

Like A Star - Tae Yeon Ft The One

Where ever you are hiding

I can find you

If there were no you

If there were no you

...Then my heart would stop

Even if you don't say "Love"

I can feel with my heart

If you are here

If you are here

I don't need anything

You're my everything to me

Please shine like a star in the sky

You are my only love

Forever my only love

We love each other

All I need is you

Can it be compared with anything else

Can it be exchanged with anything else

Your love

Your heart

...Who can replace you

You are my only love

Forever my only love

We love each other

All I need is you

We will never part from each other

Anything that will hurt you

Nothing that will cause tear will happen

Let's not change

Even as time goes by

You're my only love

Forever my only love

We love each other

In a place without sadness

Translated by: David Ha @ Soshi9Sone | Soshilogium

Credits: tank3006 @ sonems

well i wish goguma couple do duet to this song :D

Guest Yamapi77

Anyong everyone! :D

d3j1k0 I agree with what you said! I've been thinking lately about how vulnerable and innocent Seohyun is. I sometimes feel that she can easily be taken advantage of! Lately, I realized why Jinwoon is no longer shy. I think he knows how approachable Seohyun is, therefore, he's becoming very bold. :sweatingbullets:

Yong is such a nice guy, its almost unbelievable! He's so courteous and gentlemanly. He doesn't push Seohyun but rather follow her lead instead. I always thought it would be Yong who would initiate the hand-holding but it was Seohyun. She's the one who set the bars which shows how respectful Yong is of Seohyun.

They really are a match made in heaven! This is one reason why I watch Yongseo. Its because they are two wonderful people who are lucky to have found each other! :wub:

Do you guys remember the book that Hyun gave Yong on there double B-days?

Remember the book started with...Once there was a boy name Yong and a girl name Hyun who got alot of love from the villagers => I feel like we all the villagers haha which we are right?..we are goguma villagers haha

I've been a lurker of this thread for the longest time and I like to thank all the kind gogumas out there for your contributions!!

has MC Kim tweet abt this week's epi yet or has he shared it last week?

recalling those juicy bit of news that hongki, jonghyun & simon shared abt yong

being in wgm, i think yong must have shared something with them

u know, a guy to guy talk?

caliope, how do i save a tweetvid video?

oh! just something to share.

hyun recorded Star King with her unnies on 15th Nov, and among the guests is Jungshin chingu.

since i toppped the page..but with nothing new to share...

inki3.jpg

cr dc

Hallo hallo! ^^

Good thing I have another Soompi acct. I can't access my older acct. T.T

@MountainMadman thanks so much for sharing the translations =)

Guest jo_dud10

help! can anybody pls send me the episodes 27-latest with subs? i was so busy with work & now i'm done with my project. i really love goguma couple so much! they remind me of my first love experience! :) Yongseo couple fighting!

Guest Crystal392

Hi my beloved Gogumas! :D

Today Goguma Planet seems a bit quiet. Is it because you all are saving energies to spazz about Saturday's ep? hehehe :)

jnj: Thanks for sharing that info about uri Hyun~. I wonder if she and Jungshin chingoo talked... maybe she asked him how her hubby was ;) hehehe About MC Kim's tweet, I think he tweeted last week saying WGM wouldn't be aired that week but he didn't tweet saying what was the latest ep going to be about. ^^

jo_dud10: You can find links and DL (and lots of info about our YongSeo) on Sweet Potato Days: video :)

Also this is a bit trivial but Goguma Planet will soon reach 10mill views :w00t: *throws confetti*

EDIT:

~Bad timing: I think Yong~ wanted to see what had Hyun~ written but she said 'No' and then she did some aegyo but he had just turned his head!!!

:rolleyes:excl.gif:lol:~

timing.jpg

cr:dcmarried