Official Seohwa/용서/Yongseo Sweet Potato Couple Thread 1 ♥

hazelnutthursdays

Guest ljphantom

^

고향 [go-hyang] is the right word for 'hometown/native place/home,' but I think the WGM producers were using it in a metaphorical sense, i.e. he's been to Nakwon Instrument Shopping Center so often it's like a home to him (and he knows how to get there without fumbling). :P

ETA: I remember seeing other C.N. Blue members go there in one of Mnet's Bluetory episodes, so it's likely that they're very familiar with the place. And it makes sense, considering that they all play instruments, being in a band and all.

Guest baby_bo

^

고향 [go-hyang] is the right word for 'hometown/native place/home,' but I think the WGM producers were using it in a metaphorical sense, i.e. he's been to Nakwon Instrument Shopping Center so often it's like a home to him.

ah okay.. seems like yonghwa loves to bring seohyun to places he loves the most kekekek

and i love it, im learning little korean words from you kekekke

it maybe sad that we can't watch wgm tomorrow :( but mbc should make up for it next week.. kekeke

waaaaaaaaah gosh i still can't believe we wont be able to watch wgm tom.. hay

Guest hyuksu

ljphantom, you know how in this thread we spazz about every little detail with screencaps, gifs and whatnot, are there any Korean websites/forums that do the same? I check DC married (which I think is the biggest forum dedicated to WGM?) a few times already and it looks like most of the discussion is on the Adam couple? Sorry if my question is confusing, haha.

HAPPY 200th PAGE!

Damn, that was pretty quick. I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 1000+ pages like the other WGM couples!

Guest ljphantom

baby_bo Haha, I'm glad that I was helpful. :)

hyuksu Yup! You can find a lot of boards that spazz over YongSeo Couple, such as the official WGM message board (I don't have access 'cause I -- unlike soonie and silisnoy2 -- didn't register :P, but it seems like the most amount of SeoHwa Couple spazzing occurs at the official website), bestiz (not as much spazzing compared to official WGM message board), WGM-labeled threads at oeker (not as much spazzing compared to official WGM message board and bestiz; plus, they're comparatively slow to update on WGM, even slower than us :P), etc.. I'm sure there are cafes out there that do so as well. Also, I think you'll be happy to know that there seems to a growing number of threads dedicated to spazzing over YongSeo at WGM DC gall. Just give the people at WGM DC gall time... I remember one of the members said that it took a while for them to spazz for Adam Couple, so I'm sure the amount of threads dedicated to both couples there will even out...

ETA: I'm sure soonie and silisnoy2 know more about this than I do, though. You might be better off asking them. :P

Guest nomadzky

^

:blush: Sorry about that. IKR is just one of the few acronyms I find handy; it means 'I know, right?'. Haha, asking what your ideal type is a kind of a cultural thing (for Korea, at least). But I wonder if Yong-hwa knows about Seo-hyun's developing ideal type... maybe Joon called Yong-hwa up after the March 24th radio show to inform him about his wifey, as they're close friends who do keep in touch with each other. :D

I can see Seo-hyun updating the ever-growing qualifications of her ideal type :P after living together in the house.

Agreed on the lady-like and mature, but disagree with the 'reserved' part. Yong-hwa said (before WGM) he preferred someone who wasn't reserved/reticent, i.e someone who is open with her feelings and thoughts. However, I don't think this eliminates Seo-hyun, because currently, we can see how quickly she's opening up to him! I remember in SeoHwa Episode 1 that he said he liked Seo-hyun's eyes because they seemed clear, i.e. open and honest. I think he likes her down-to-earth, unreserved frankness.

ahahaha! so that's what it means, duh! See I was going to ask you about that. Based from what you heard on her radio guesting, do you think she was careful in answering the question knowing Joon is a close friend of Yong? I'm sure Joon teased Yong about that hehehe...Yeah from i gathered Yong is very domesticated :lol: which i find it funny for a rocker and admirable at the same time LOLs.

I'm sure Yong is slowly processing Hyun's personality now which is evident in the last episode judging by how he reacted on her insistence of watching their concert in Thailand. so I hope to see a balance in how we view them separately in the future. We often talked about Hyun growing up and keeping up with Yong but I also want to see if he has other concerns aside from wanting to protect and take care of her. In a good way of course :)

Edit:

ah okay.. seems like yonghwa loves to bring seohyun to places he loves the most kekekek

baby_bo i wonder where he'll bring her next or what he'll teach her. maybe he'll share his secret recipe or teach her how to flip the pan :lol: really excited to watch these two cook and play "husband" and "wife". hey! we're finally going to see them use their couple mugs!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, I've missed spazzing with my fellow SeoHwa Couple fans. :)

To pass another week for SeoHwa Episode 6...

Remember this?

I happened to come across the actual audio recording, rather than a fan's written account of it. Later on, they ask about how her marriage with Yong-hwa is going, although it's pretty much the same answer she's given in the past. Nevertheless, here's the translation:

Transcript of Seo-Hwa relevant Parts on 10.02.24 KBS Cool FM MayBee's Raise the Volume

(...The radio show host asks Seo-hyun about her life at university, encouraging the latter to go out on "meetings" with guys, i.e. dating and the like. With the host, three of the MBLAQ members -- Lee Joon, Mir, and Cheongdoong "Thunder" -- and Jung Kyeong-mi are also present.)

Host: "What's your ideal guy like? If you had to have a meeting, what kind of guy would you like to appear?"

Seo-hyun: "Oh...to tell you the truth, I don't really have a particular one, but if I had to think about it, I'd like a guy who's fun, with whom I can feel comfortable like a friend,(1) and considerate."

Cheongdoong "Thunder:" "That's me, that's me!"

Mir: "Why so suddenly?"

Lee Joon: (mockingly) " 'That's me, that's me!' "

Host: "Cheongdoong-gun(2)'s not really that kind of person, but he said, 'That's me, that's me!'"

Cheongdoong: "I'm sorry."

Host: "What do you think about Cheondoong-gun?"

(Someone in the background, one of the MBLAQ members, I think, pipes up, "Frankly speaking.")

Seo-hyun: (politely, awkwardly) "Um...he's cool."

Host: (laughs) "But he's not fun?"

(Seo-hyun doesn't really have an answer, which is fine because everyone else doesn't really wait for it and starts talking...)

Host: "So how is the fake marriage going? It's a huge buzz."(3)

Seo-hyun: "It was so awkward at first, but after filming two more times, it's been comfortable."(4)

(...MBLAQ members make envious sounds.)

Host: "Does it feel similar or dissimilar to real marriage?"

Seo-hyun: "Actually, we're not married yet."

Host: "In any case, we'll look forward to it."

Seo-hyun: "Thank you."

NOTES

(This is only partially relevant, but Lee Joon and Jung Yong-hwa are close friends.)

(1) This could also be understood as someone who "[makes people and/or me feel] comfortable like a friend." I should mention that in Korean, pronouns are often implied rather than said, so it's up to the listener to judge accurately by the context.

(2) -gun is an honorific used to refer to males formally.

(3) A more literal translation would be "It has been blazing," but I thought translating by meaning would be better in this case. The radio show host is basically talking about how popular and widely talked about her "marriage" with Yong-hwa is.

(4) This took place a day after filming at Insadong and Nakwon Instrument Shopping Center.

cr. ljphantom@soompi

You can listen to the entire Seo-hyun cut

here! Please note that I only translated the SeoHwa-relevant parts.

What I found funny is that she no longer says "I don't really have a particular [ideal guy]" anymore. :lol: Take a look at the timeline:

The "Times in which Seo-hyun Mentions Her Ideal Guy, who Suspiciously Sounds like Yong-hwa" Timeline :P

February 23: WGM filming at Insadong and Nakwon Instrument Shopping Center (YongSeo Couple's third meeting); Hyo-yeon's letter says that thanks to Yong-hwa, Seo-hyun has become more interested in boys and actually started to talk about them.

February 24: On KBS Cool FM MayBee's Raise the Volume radio show, Seo-hyun is asked over the phone who her ideal guy is. Her answer: "Oh...to tell you the truth, I don't really have a particular one, but if I had to think about it, I'd like a guy who's fun, with whom I can feel comfortable like a friend, and considerate."

March 19: When SNSD members are asked about the most looked for qualification in a guy for the annual 'Mister World Contest' to be held at Incheon, Hankook Times reports Seo-hyun answering, "Courtesy is the most important. I'd like a person who can take another [person's] point-of-view into consideration and laughs easily* when communicating. I think my mood would be a lot better when I'm with that kind of person."

March 25: WGM filming at Jeongdongjin Beach. (Thanks to nomadzky for the reminder!)

March 31: On a special Q&A hosted by Melon, SNSD is asked to describe their ideal guys. They all take turns answering; presumably due to time constraints, they have to give brief, short answers that don't overlap with one another. Seo-hyun: "A humorous guy who has goals."

NOTE(S)

*A more literal translation would be someone who "communicates with an easy-to-laugh face," which is awkward. So I went for a more meaning-based translation that would flow more easily in English.

cr. ljphantom@soompi for translated lines

--

hyuksu, ♥♥Powerof9, LaBelle Wow, Yong-hwa and Seo-hyun's fansite swap as an April Fool's prank actually made the news and was formerly the third most searched topic on Naver. But, LOL, I'm sure they definitely heard about it by now since it popped up in the news. I wonder if the journalists will bring it up if they get a chance to interview either of them soon-ish... :lol:

LaBelle When you said that the other person who fits the qualifications (aside from Yong-hwa), were you talking about Min-ho from SHINee?

ljphantom thanks for the translation there ^^

yep remember the interview backthen where she answer JD as the guy she wants to go to party with (if im not wrong) she said :

"that it would be good if her partner is gentle, have deep regards for her,and humorous"

that was like back round mid 2009, after that idk why if being asked bout her ideal type she keeps saying she doesnt have one, maybe since she's too busy so her interest in men just lessen lol XD

i guess she really wants someone who is like that but not yet find them in the industry,not to mention it's hard for her to get close with boys lol and now she probably found one

because now after wgm she become more details bout the kinda guy she likes like you mentioned there

she said :

"Courtesy is the most important. I'd like a person who can take another [person's] point-of-view into consideration and laughs easily* when communicating. I think my mood would be a lot better when I'm with that kind of person."

and lastly this :

"A humorous guy who has goals."

it's like she already set this for someone she knew hmmmm

anyway yeah hahaha it made it to news the april fool thingy

and yeah hahaha i meant HIM rofl XD he does fit the qualification but i dont think he is as bold as Yong i mean there's seems still a line/thin wall between them eventho they so comfie together and they talk in informal way and they keep in touch too, but when i saw the clip of them talking to each other, i just dont feel the vibe (yet) atleast from Hyun, she looks too comfortable till there's no mmmm what's the best way to say it hmmm lol no "electric" hahaha ah well im bad at finding words but yeah smth like that, it's like seeing her with her unnies

but i dont think she meant it him as for now, cause the only guy she's so close with in "romantic" way is Yonghwa (eventho just for a show but still....)

crystal_malfoy Aw, thanks. :) Yeah, the main qualifications for her ideal guy are usually fun/humorous/laughs easily and considerate/courtesy/can take another POV into consideration. The less often mentioned is "with whom I can feel comfortable with like a friend" and "has goals," but I'm they're no less important. :D I'm not sure if Yong-hwa puts much stock into ideal type, as he usually follows it up with something sensible like, "But ideal type is just ideal;" he's a pretty open-minded, level-headed guy, though I remember him saying that he prefers those who are feminine, mature, and not reticent. And, of course, Seo-hyun does match all those traits. B)

idk but maybe by now Yong fitted her "ideal" type maybe not perfectly but atleast close enough

i swear i never saw Hyun so happy like that hahahaha atleast what shown on Tv

even in variety shows with snsd gals she's more the quite type, eventho she can joke around too, but really hahaha i never saw her like when she's with Yong till she blushed rofl

and how considerate Yong to her (and ofcourse also Hyun to Yong)

i think after knowing there's actually this kinda guy makes her more open up saying bout what kinda guy she wants to be with

probably she unconsciously describing Yong hahahaha

Agreed on the lady-like and mature, but disagree with the 'reserved' part. Yong-hwa said (before WGM) he preferred someone who wasn't reserved/reticent, i.e someone who is open with her feelings and thoughts. However, I don't think this eliminates Seo-hyun, because currently, we can see how quickly she's opening up to him! I remember in SeoHwa Episode 1 that he said he liked Seo-hyun's eyes because they seemed clear, i.e. open and honest. I think he likes her down-to-earth, unreserved frankness.

Hyun herself is a neat person hahaha she love her house to be neat and clean

yes i agree with you on that one

she's quite open minded and yes maybe she's just clueless bout the whole dating concept

she def and honest person hahaha just like Yong see through her eyes ^^

hi everyone :)

Like everybody i'm so sad because no wgm this saturday :(

hi there hahaha

hmmm is that Hyun with suju boy in your ava? lol

Guest hasintyas

hey everyone

i've been out for a couple days

and hoping to recharge my energy here

but is the bad news trueee?

oh my god, excuse me for crying... :(

Guest gillian9733

i checked again and iMBC twitter confirmed we got married is canceled ....im so sad now ..music show and variety show are cancled ....so boring ...we will wait more 7 day ....

Guest ljphantom

Based from what you heard on her radio guesting, do you think she was careful in answering the question knowing Joon is a close friend of Yong? I'm sure Joon teased Yong about that hehehe... Yeah from i gathered Yong is very domesticated :lol: which i find it funny for a rocker and admirable at the same time LOLs.

nomadzky Hmm, I don't know if she would know Joon is a close friend of Yong... It was mentioned in SGB wayy before WGM, so I don't know if Tiffany, Sunny, or Hyo-yeon (who were also there with Yong-hwa and Min-hyuk) remembered or even told Seo-hyun even if they did remember. I know, because I'm a C.N. Blue fan :P, and I love the bickering bromantic dynamic between Joon and Yong-hwa (so I remember even more). :P But, oh yeah, I'm SURE Joon teased and made fun of Yong-hwa about it, no doubt, no doubt. :lol:

Haha, I feel the same way, except you need to tack on another word for me: 'adore.' I find it so appealing that Yong-hwa is actually domesticated in that he cooks and does household chores. Hehe. And I know Seo-hyun, who did request that her husband help her with cooking and cleaning, will love it too. Haha, let's hope that Yong-hwa's cooking skills won't disappoint. ;) I can't wait for the house scenes, and yet, they seem so far away... :P

We often talked about Hyun growing up and keeping up with Yong but I also want to see if he has other concerns aside from wanting to protect and take care of her. In a good way of course :)

I agree with you. We've seen one so far: he likes that she's willing to go outside her comfort zone, but yeah, I'd like to see more than big oppa out of him.

remember the interview backthen where she answer JD as the guy she wants to go to party with (if im not wrong) she said :

"that it would be good if her partner is gentle, have deep regards for her,and humorous"

that was like back round mid 2009, after that idk why if being asked bout her ideal type she keeps saying she doesnt have one, maybe since she's too busy so her interest in men just lessen lol XD

LaBelle Hmm, maybe it's because those were the reasons why she liked Johnny Depp as a admiring fangirl (rather than as a lover, for lack of a better word), it didn't occur to her to see Johnny Depp's traits as those belonging to her ideal guy. After all, fangirling someone does not necessarily mean you regard their traits in a romantic light.* For Seo-hyun, I think wanting someone as your party partner doesn't necessarily equate to your ideal guy. Just someone she wanted to have a fun and enjoyable time with at a party.

So, for her, Johnny Depp didn't count (because she thought of him in a fangirly way), but with Yong-hwa, it did (he was her "husband"), because he was real in the sense that "Yo~ng" was someone she actually did interact and build a "romantic" relationship with. Therefore, it made sense to her to model her ideal guy off Yong-hwa rather than Johnny Depp. In the end, I guess it's more of an amusing coincidence that Yong-hwa happens to match the traits Seo-hyun fangirls in Johnny Depp...?

(Oh yeah, just curious, do you know what's "Chiaki-sempai" of Nodame Cantabile like? That's other guy she fangirls, right? :lol: Is he anything like Yong-hwa?)

*ETA: You can also think of it like there'll be some girls who fangirl over "bad boys," but when they become serious about marriage, it's not the "bad boy" they see as their ideal guy, it's the nice guy. Not that I think that means Johnny Depp is a "bad boy," mind you. The situation is a little different for Seo-hyun, but the underlying concept could be sort of similar in that someone you fangirl may not necessarily be your ideal guy...

and yeah hahaha i meant HIM rofl XD he does fit the qualification but i dont think he is as bold as Yong i mean there's seems still a line/thin wall between them eventho they so comfie together and they talk in informal way and they keep in touch too, but when i saw the clip of them talking to each other, i just dont feel the vibe (yet) atleast from Hyun, she looks too comfortable till there's no mmmm what's the best way to say it hmmm lol no "electric" hahaha ah well im bad at finding words but yeah smth like that, it's like seeing her with her unnies

but i dont think she meant it him as for now, cause the only guy she's so close with in "romantic" way is Yonghwa (eventho just for a show but still....)

As for speaking informally to him, I have the benefit of knowing Korean to know this :P, but she uses informal speech with Min-ho because they're the same age (both born 1991, right?). Still, Seo-hyun is pretty formal for a Korean, as she STILL uses formal speech with her SNSD unnies and even her mom. I don't know how Seo-hyun is like with Min-ho, but I'll take your word for it. And what you've said about the only guy she's been seeing in a "romantic" way has been Yong-hwa makes sense to me. :)

i swear i never saw Hyun so happy like that hahahaha atleast what shown on Tv

even in variety shows with snsd gals she's more the quite type, eventho she can joke around too, but really hahaha i never saw her like when she's with Yong till she blushed rofl

Haha, really? I've heard Korean Seo-hyun/SNSD fans mention this a lot too... I'm really curious to hear what her mom would have to say about this, even more so because she didn't get a chance to be formally introduced to Yong-hwa. (Ahahaha, just thinking about that scene still makes me laugh, i.e. when Seo-hyun remembers at the last minute that she has yet to introduce Yong-hwa and then he bows his head respectfully in greeting, but it's too late because Seo-hyun's mom has already hung up. And the look on his face... :P:lol:)

ljphantom and crystal_malfoy - thank you!! that's why it is always fun coming back here - posts are always entertaining. But I'm still confused - but don't mind me because that's what happens when you get old.

and ljphantom, thanks again for keeping us all alive with all the other information and insights!!

Hyun being so innocent and naive would probably feel changes in her life first; this is her first time spending a lot of time with a guy (I think on every filming they are together from morning and sometimes until after midnite) and strange feelings might develop. Yong being the experienced one would probably be able to hold off - for Hyun's sake. But who knows, we might just see something different in one of the episodes as they go on - just like what happened to Hwangbo and Kim Hyun Joong.

The scene at the practice room while discussing the concert - I loved that so much!! Yong was dumbfounded with Hyun's reaction about him not showing up at the concert!! Yong!!! why did you promise to show up and stood her up??!! That's why she was upset!! And you can see the guilt on Yong's face while listening to Hyun's story. Wonder what kind of stare Hyun gave Yong - he said 'you have poison in your eyes'!!

Happy 200th page to all Potatoes... :lol:

My weekend will be so boring without WGM... :(

This pink layout really make me dizzy...

Guest ljphantom

vlyra No problem! I love coming back here to spazz with my fellow SeoHwa fans! <3 And thanks for sharing your insights! :)

I agree with you that the fact that Yong-hwa is the first person she has ever had to have a "romantic" relationship with would make a big impact.

Ooh, what happened with Kim Hyun-joong and Hwang-bo? (I just remember seeing a few episodes of Ssangchu Couple because my sister was pushing me to watch specific scenes -- and KHJ in other variety shows -- because, "Oh my God, you have to watch these scenes, unnie, 'cause Kim Hyun-joong is soooo funny!" My mom thought he was funny too. :D)

I found that scene cute too. I think you pointed how it showed how comfortable she was with him to whine about how he should come to their concert in Thailand (I think Tiffany said Seo-hyun was prone to whining sometimes :lol:). Did Yong-hwa promise to show up at the concert? I thought he didn't come because she didn't tell him about it ahead of time...

--

ETA: I just realized I've been spelling Cheondoong's name as 'Cheongdoong' all this time. Oops. In any case, I went back and fixed it. :P Sorry, folks, for any possible confusion.

LaBelle Hmm, maybe it's because those were the reasons why she liked Johnny Depp as a admiring fangirl (rather than as a lover, for lack of a better word), it didn't occur to her to see Johnny Depp's traits as those belonging to her ideal guy. After all, fangirling someone does not necessarily mean you regard their traits in a romantic light.* For Seo-hyun, I think wanting someone as your party partner doesn't necessarily equate to your ideal guy. Just someone you wanted to have a fun and enjoyable time with at a party.

So, for her, Johnny Depp didn't count (because she thought of him in a fangirly way), but with Yong-hwa, it did (he was her "husband"), because he was real in the sense that "Yo~ng" was someone she actually did interact and build a "romantic" relationship with. Then I guess it's more of an amusing coincidence that Yong-hwa happens to match the traits Seo-hyun fangirls in Johnny Depp...?

*ETA: You can also think of it like there'll be some girls who fangirl over "bad boys," but when they become serious about marriage, it's not the "bad boy" they see as their ideal guy, it's the nice guy. Not that I think that means Johnny Depp is a "bad boy," mind you. The situation is a little different for Seo-hyun, but the underlying concept could be sort of similar in that someone you fangirl may not necessarily be your ideal guy...

(Oh yeah, just curious, do you know what's "Chiaki-sempai" of Nodame Cantabile like? That's other guy she fangirls, right? :lol: Is he anything like Yong-hwa?)

As for speaking informally to him, I have the benefit of knowing Korean to know this :P, but she uses informal speech with Min-ho because they're the same age (both born 1991, right?). Still, Seo-hyun is pretty formal for a Korean, as she STILL uses formal speech with her SNSD unnies and even her mom. I don't know how Seo-hyun is like with Min-ho, but I'll take your word for it. And what you've said about the only guy she's been seeing in a "romantic" way has been Yong-hwa makes sense to me. :)

Haha, really? I've heard Korean Seo-hyun/SNSD fans mention this a lot too... I'm really curious to hear what her mom would have to say about this, even more so because she didn't get a chance to be formally introduced to Yong-hwa. (Ahahaha, just thinking about that scene still makes me laugh, i.e. when Seo-hyun remembers at the last minute that she has yet to introduce Yong-hwa and then he bows his head respectfully in greeting, but it's too late because Seo-hyun's mom has already hung up. :P:lol:)

well eventho the question is bout the guy she wants to go party to? but her answer the same as her ideal guy rofl XD so yeah hahahaha i think she wants that kinda guy either as her friend or boyfriend

i think she knows she's not that flexible that's why she wants someone who can make her comfortable and can make her loosen up, laugh, a guy who can be a bf also can be her friend at the same time

and tbh with Yonghwa she became like that, yes there's still awkwardness but she def look like that

that's why when she described her ideal guy my mind went to Yong right away

bout JD i found him quite a gentleman and wise now compared to her youngest days so i think beside his awesome acting (which im sure this the 1st thing that made hyun likes him) but also his personality and how he is with his family kekeke

since Hyun seems to "follow" JD so maybe she does found the quality she's looking for in him

that's why with that standard maybe it's hard for her to find it around her, esp she's not easy to be close with boys

but now she seems founding that in Yong hahaha

Chiaki Senpai? Tamaki Hiroshi? i dont really know him outside the drama, but he's a singer too, mmm i think Hyun just fangirl him as an actor but not set him as ideal guy

as for minho lol i think he's the only guy in SM Town that she close with

like she said eventho she's same age with key and minho she always talk formal to them, key said even after 4 years knowing each other they still use honorific LOL XD

idk how it happen but seems like Hyun and key stay formal rofl and she became closer with minho, so i guess he's quite a laid back guy who can make her feel comfie round him just like Yong to her

but like i said if you see the way she talks to him it's just like her talking to her unnies or her friends not like when she talks with Yong, coz you can see there's lil aegyo when she talks to Yong hahahaha eventho im sure she doesnt mean it that way

yes Hyun is so different when she's with Yong

i think somehow Yong let her be more active, he just throw the bait and she takes it hahaha

i mean ofcourse in good way to make her not all silent and all but turns out it makes him shock to whatever she said hahaha

hahaha the one with Hyun mom is hilarious

but her mom actually already say hi to Yong hahaha

Guest blancface

Quite disappointed about the cancellation this week, but oh well. :(

Oh Chiaki-senpai...how could you not love him? Sigh. Seriously though, I can see why Seohyun fangirls over him. If you haven't seen the show...Chiaki-senpai is a senior at a music university. He's amazing in all aspects of music and dreams of studying abroad with a conductor he knew when he was younger. He switches from majoring in piano to becoming a conductor. The drama is basically a piano/orchestra drama and how people pursue their dreams dealing with music. Since Seohyun plays the piano...I can see why she was so interested in the drama. For Chiaki-senpai himself...he's a very temperamental person. He's caring but he has his own unique way of showing it, lol. He's kind of mean and raises his voice a lot...particularly to Nodame but you can tell he cares for her. So personality wise, I wouldn't say him and Yonghwa are alike. Sometimes, though, at certain angles and shots he looks similar to Yonghwa. But their view on music is similar. Chiaki-senpai is really dedicated to music and I think this is probably what Seohyun admired a lot about him. Oh he is is similar to Yonghwa in the aspect of popularity. I believe Yonghwa was popular in high school and the dream senior boy, right? Well, Chiaki-senpai is also loved by literally everyone and has that charismatic factor similar to Yonghwa. Not to mention the actor is ridiculously good looking (he kind of looks like Son Ho Young from G.O.D. to me...) I haven't seen the drama in a while so sorry if this was really vague...

Here's a clip from the drama to help you understand. Also, I definitely recommend this drama to everyone. It's seriously one of my favorites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXekf7aWMNs...feature=related

Guest shenibabi

iam so sad that WGM be cancelled

i dont want to waiting anymore

oh my sweet potato couple i miss them

Guest ljphantom

well eventho the question is bout the guy she wants to go party to? but her answer the same as her ideal guy rofl XD so yeah hahahaha i think she wants that kinda guy either as her friend or boyfriend

Hmm, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree in that I think that Johnny Depp actually played a little role in determining her ideal guy (he was just someone she fangirled in an admiring way rather than a romantic way), seeing as how she only formulated such a concept until after she was involved in a "marriage" with Yong-hwa (he was real in that she actually interacted with him and built at least a friendship with). :) But honestly, anything's possible (until she clarifies, that is), so, of course, I could be wrong. This is just my interpretation. I do agree with you that there having a sense of humor, being kind, and being considerate are traits that she values. :)

Chiaki Senpai? Tamaki Hiroshi? i dont really know him outside the drama, but he's a singer too, mmm i think Hyun just fangirl him as an actor but not set him as ideal guy

Oh, she was talking about the actor? I thought she was referring to the character (Nodame Cantabile is also a manga, right?), rather than the actor, since she didn't refer to the actor's name.

like she said eventho she's same age with key and minho she always talk formal to them, key said even after 4 years knowing each other they still use honorific LOL XD

idk how it happen but seems like Hyun and key stay formal rofl and she became closer with minho, so i guess he's quite a laid back guy who can make her feel comfie round him just like Yong to her

I guess I could've clarified this a little better. My point was that she uses informal speech with Min-ho because he's her same age (and by implication of using 'informal speech,' that would mean she felt comfortable enough to speak informal speech with him), contrasting that with her usage of formal speech with her unnies and Yong-hwa (not Key). She wouldn't use formal speech with Key even though they're the same age because she's not close with him. You only use informal speech with someone you're comfortable with, even with close sunbaes. I hope I made more sense!

when she talks with Yong, coz you can see there's lil aegyo when she talks to Yong hahahaha eventho im sure she doesnt mean it that way

Haha, I noticed that too. :D

hahaha the one with Hyun mom is hilarious

but her mom actually already say hi to Yong hahaha

But they haven't been formally introduced to each other by Seo-hyun (as in "Mom, this is my husband", "Nice to meet you", "Nice to meet you, too," questions about fiance/boyfriend are asked, etc.), though... She started to at the last minute, but it didn't really count because it ended before it could even really begin. In any case, it's just Korean custom, and seeing as how Seo-hyun is formal, I'm guessing it's likely that her parents could've been that way too. :)

Guest bombb_

hmmm is that Hyun with suju boy in your ava? lol

it's seohyun and yesung of sj in her icon.

[:

i think it was for the snsd-sj SPAO clothing opening/press conference.

ahh im quite enjoying wgm right now. haha. im glad the seohyun and yonghwa are on it:D

gain+jokwon+seohyun+yonghwa=homework break;D

but this couple inspires me to continue learning the piano..for some..reason.

and seohyun is so..adorable. i want a bit of her personality..haha.

Guest nomadzky

nomadzky Hmm, I don't know if she would know Joon is a close friend of Yong... It was mentioned in SGB wayy before WGM, so I don't know if Tiffany, Sunny, or Hyo-yeon (who were also there with Yong-hwa and Min-hyuk) remembered or even told Seo-hyun even if they did remember. I know, because I'm a C.N. Blue fan :P, and I love the bickering bromantic dynamic between Joon and Yong-hwa (so I remember even more). :P But, oh yeah, I'm SURE Joon teased and made fun of Yong-hwa about it, no doubt, no doubt. :lol:

Haha, I feel the same way, except you need to tack on another word for me: 'adore.' I find it so appealing that Yong-hwa is actually domesticated in that he cooks and does household chores. Hehe. And I know Seo-hyun, who did request that her husband help her with cooking and cleaning, will love it too. Haha, let's hope that Yong-hwa's cooking skills won't disappoint. ;) I can't wait for the house scenes, and yet, they seem so far away... :P

I agree with you. We've seen one so far: he likes that she's willing to go outside her comfort zone, but yeah, I'd like to see more than big oppa out of him.

oh yeah how can i forget adorable :D i watched the joon and yong-hwa sgb episode and that was hilarious! i love how they exposed each other. i'm becoming a C.N. Blue fan myself...i think they're the first ever kgroup that i really admire and adore 'coz they're so talented and grounded. Hyun has been really lucky with Yong so far. and now a husband who will help with house chores too. gosh, what else can a woman want? some skinship maybe? :lol:

(Oh yeah, just curious, do you know what's "Chiaki-sempai" of Nodame Cantabile like? That's other guy she fangirls, right? laugh.gif Is he anything like Yong-hwa?)

I don't get her attraction with Chiaki-sempai. maybe he likes the character and not the actor and that character is so opposite of Yong. he's arrogant, aloof, constantly butting heads with nodame. but maybe she likes the humurous side of the story and when you think about it, although chiaki is as described above, he really is funny when he's with nodame so yeah i guess :lol:

Hyun being so innocent and naive would probably feel changes in her life first; this is her first time spending a lot of time with a guy (I think on every filming they are together from morning and sometimes until after midnite) and strange feelings might develop. Yong being the experienced one would probably be able to hold off - for Hyun's sake. But who knows, we might just see something different in one of the episodes as they go on - just like what happened to Hwangbo and Kim Hyun Joong.

viyra nothing is impossible right? :rolleyes: totally, the joongbo couple's relationship was fun to watch.

i rewatched episode 5 with soshified's sub and now i understand what his mom meant about guys from kyungsang province. i guess the stereotype that guys from there are known for not treating their woman well so she wants him to take good care of her and be a good listener which he's been doing thus far. awww, Yong's mom is so nice Hyun will definitely have a good relationship with her :P

Guest ljphantom

Oh Chiaki-senpai...how could you not love him? Sigh. Seriously though, I can see why Seohyun fangirls over him. If you haven't seen the show...Chiaki-senpai is a senior at a music university. He's amazing in all aspects of music and dreams of studying abroad with a conductor he knew when he was younger. He switches from majoring in piano to becoming a conductor. The drama is basically a piano/orchestra drama and how people pursue their dreams dealing with music. Since Seohyun plays the piano...I can see why she was so interested in the drama. For Chiaki-senpai himself...he's a very temperamental person. He's caring but he has his own unique way of showing it, lol. He's kind of mean and raises his voice a lot...particularly to Nodame but you can tell he cares for her. So personality wise, I wouldn't say him and Yonghwa are alike. Sometimes, though, at certain angles and shots he looks similar to Yonghwa. But their view on music is similar. Chiaki-senpai is really dedicated to music and I think this is probably what Seohyun admired a lot about him. Oh he is is similar to Yonghwa in the aspect of popularity. I believe Yonghwa was popular in high school and the dream senior boy, right? Well, Chiaki-senpai is also loved by literally everyone and has that charismatic factor similar to Yonghwa. Not to mention the actor is ridiculously good looking (he kind of looks like Son Ho Young from G.O.D. to me...) I haven't seen the drama in a while so sorry if this was really vague...

Here's a clip from the drama to help you understand. Also, I definitely recommend this drama to everyone. It's seriously one of my favorites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXekf7aWMNs...feature=related

blancface Wow, thank you for the extensive information! It was extremely helpful! Haha, so Chiaki-sempai is nothing like Yong-hwa in terms of personality, aside from them being dedicated to music. Good point. Hmm, I'm not sure. Yong-hwa denies that he was popular with girls (I don't know about the students in general), saying that he was too loud and mischievous for him to actually be really sought after. :P I can kind of see it, since it did seem like (and if we're to believe Joon) he was a lot more wild (not in a bad way, mind you) with his fun-loving, harmless mischief back then. And Yong-hwa himself said playing Shin-woo had matured and calmed him down, so that now he's a cross between his old self and Shin-woo. :P But at the same time, apparently he first started to date girls since junior high (so he has some experience in the dating scene), (reading between the lines) went far enough in his relationships to have kissed (he seems very tight-lipped about this), and his band mates voted him (along with Min-hyuk) as the one who was most likely to give gifts to a girlfriend, so I'm not sure... I know he was well-liked by his teachers and it seems like he had a lot of friends (mostly guys, but definitely some girls) in school, so I think he was an all-round likeable guy. As *miKi said, I think Yong-hwa "just happens to be both a guy's guy and girl's guy. Guys hang out with him because he's cool and easygoing, while his affectionate and dependable nature makes him an excellent guy friend for girls." :)

Thanks for the link as well! *goes off to watch*

nomadzky Wasn't it? I definitely want to see more Joon/Yong-hwa moments in the future! But yeah, I, too, want a husband will put in equal share of household work. Yes, yes, I'd love to see some skinship between the two. Wouldn't it so cute to see them holding hands? *grins foolishly*

Hmm, personally, I don't understand the attraction to "arrogant, aloof, charismatic, but deep down a big softie" guys either, but it does exist. A lot. But yeah, it does seem like Seo-hyun values a sense of humor.

Guest boajj

just a question

does yong still talk formally to hyun, coz i think koreans can talk to the younger ones without using honorific?

and to add more info about chiaki senpai other than what blancface has mentioned

he's also someone who can cook really well and a tidy and neat guy, always helps notame to clean her house and cook for her=]