Official Seohwa/용서/Yongseo Sweet Potato Couple Thread 1 ♥

hazelnutthursdays

today is wgm ,but dunno the right time ?

because of baseball things isnt wgm still running at 5.15 (korean time)

wew a bit too serious here ,mother in law to be

as i remembered only hwangbo parents did give a call

also solbi parents who visited andy

Guest ljphantom

soonie Nice catch! Thanks for sharing. :)

I wonder if Seohyun understands what Yonghwa's mother was talking about because I heard that Busan language is quite difficult to pick up and understand.

jastubee Busan satoori is just a variation of Gyeongsang dialect (a.k.a. satoori in general). There are many other variations, such as Daegu satoori. Those who speak satoori as their native dialect can generally pinpoint what kind of satoori is being spoken, which normally is unrecognizable to other Koreans. (In case you're wondering, no, I can't tell since I don't know how to speak in satoori. :P)

As to whether or not Gyeongsang dialect is understandable, it depends on who is speaking, i.e. how strong their dialect is. But even then, I think the difficult part comes from the sometimes varying words/slang/phrases/etc. -- not so much that it feels like hearing a different language, IMHO. It's like the U.S. Southern accent, of which some slang/words/phrases are different than those of standard American accent, but not so different to the point that it doesn't sound like American English.

The dialect that is most difficult for Korean mainlanders to understand is Jeju dialect. Now that's a dialect that's difficult to understand to the point where it almost feels like Jeju Islanders are speaking in a different language even to the ears of mainlanders.

In any case, here's the English subbed video clip of Yong-hwa speaking in Busan satoori on Radio Star that I subbed and uploaded on YouTube (on a different account, just to be safe):

Yong-hwa's Busan Satoori [ENG] - 10.01.27 Radio Star

As someone who understands Korean, I can tell you that at least in Yong-hwa's case, it's not difficult to understand what he is saying (of course, it helps that he's not using any unrecognizable words/slangs/phrases/etc.). In Shin-woo's case (for those of you who watched YB), it's because Shin-woo used a phrase that was unfamiliar to those in Seoul but particular to Busan satoori (slang).

NOTE: To turn on English subtitles, click on the triangle/arrow on the righthand corner and then on the CC button. This subbing is a one-time thing, so please don't expect to see more on a regular basis in the future. Thank you!

ETA:

Hopefully helpful tip to differentiate Gyeongsang dialect/satoori from Standard Korean via tones and intonations

By no means am I a professional linguist, but if you listen closely, the tones of satoori speakers tend to go up and down differently than those of Standard Korean speakers. In professional lingo: Gyeongsang dialect/satoori has lexical tones that standard Korean lacks. Also, standard Korean has a flat intonation while satoori has a more pronounced intonation. I hope this helps! (There are other differences, but these are the ones you may be able to tell even without knowing Korean but just by studying the tones and intonations.)

Guest hasintyas

dreamerr your story is the best!!!!

hope you'll post the next part soon, and i hope it will has a happy ending

i'm already tearing, :)

ljphantom thanks for sharing that ^^

hahaha since i dont speak korean so i dont really know the different XD

but i hope Hyun wont be oh so confused when she get to talk to mother in-law hahaha

dreamerr thanks for the fic ^^

that's cute ^^ cant wait for the next part

Guest mesonice

I just left this thread for a few hours....now its jump to 3-4 pages already..Seohwa Shippers rules!!!! :P

mesonice Yeah! Love is in the air~~~ :P I feel like it is a totally lie if someone said you don't have any feeling when you wear couple ring.. Because somehow you will feel something strange about it.. A connection between the other person that wear the same ring.. At least there will be some feeling about it.. Right Right? :D I think if they didn't have to wear all the time their couple ring, maybe we are more calming here.. LoL~~

So true...of course u will feel something...a little connection maybe...or at least its keep reminds them 'bout each other rite?

LOL this is so cute ^^

140209 Seungri -Seohyun in Star Golden Bell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssPpLmLtE4k

He wants to hear Seohyun calling him Seungri Oppa ROFL XD

and wants a chocolate for Vday from her hahahaha

Key and Seohyun's awkwardness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqFcFvOJ0Qo

LOL the MC asked her bout she wants to get closer to Minho XD

it's from SGB last year tho but still funny hahahaha XD

atleast Hyun and Yong can get closer faster hahaha

Yong knows how to treat her hehehe

Yepp..Yong is really know how to treat Hyun...In 2nd meeting it looks like Hyun is more talktive then b4....

Owh i really admire Yong's character....!! My Seobaby is so lucky!!

Okay, quick update on what we can expect to see for SeoHwa in 3/27 WGM episode, aside from seeing their house:

Translation:

Also, the two were able to talk to each other's parents over the phone. Yong-hwa's mother, Seo-hyun's mother-in-law-to-be, was delighted, speaking to her daughter-in-law-to-be with polite warmth in her pleasant Busan Satoori.

cr. ljphantom@soompi

via PD Journal

I didn't translate the other info about SeoHwa because we already know about it.

What a great news!! I really can't wait...just +/- 3 hours yet!!! Yaiyy!!

phone calls with parents-in law? WOWOWWWWW!

they're not getting too serious right? but honestly, idk if other couples done something like this, but seriously i thought are the PD really try to pairing them up for REAL?

but pwahahahaha i'm really happy for it!

on baeksang today, aish i was frustrated a lot cuz i hope that if soshi performed, one camera should focus on the audience esp on Yong~ don't you know Yong is Hyun husband so think bout it PD-nim! besides JGS were also beside him and totally close with some of the members. arghhhh i want fancams!

Haha...yup i had same thought too... the PD really loves this couple..as we can see..they fullfill almost of Seobaby wishes.....the amusement park..the house..and maybe because of the sweetness of Seohwa couple the PD just like us..really hope that they could be the real couple!!! :rolleyes:

..and i was frustrated too in Baeksang award..at least..at least the should focus the camera on Yong...2-3 second is enuff....just to satisfied Seo hwa fan....but maybe because Baeksang Award is not under MBC...so they don't want to contribute the 'free promo' for WGM.....

Okay, quick update on what we can expect to see for SeoHwa in 3/27 WGM episode, aside from seeing their house:

Translation:

Also, the two were able to talk to each other's parents over the phone. Yong-hwa's mother, Seo-hyun's mother-in-law-to-be, was delighted, speaking to her daughter-in-law-to-be with polite warmth in her pleasant Busan Satoori.

cr. ljphantom@soompi

via PD Journal

I didn't translate the other info about SeoHwa because we already know about it.

Thanks ljphantom for always bringing us good news. When I am saying always, I really mean it! Hehe.

Hoho so cute talking to the in-laws. I tink yong’s mum will be so funny. Speaking to her absolutely gorgeous daughter in law. Hehe. I tink seohyun will look cute if she’s confused over her accent. But there’s always her hubby beside her to help her. Hehe. Maybe they are using videocalls. lol.

I am wondering what seohyun mom told yong. I have seen seohyun’s mom on I tink KJE choc show or smth and she is also so gentle like seohyun. Both parents will prob say out some secrets about their child. :lol:

Thanks crystal_malfoy for the vids. I LOVE the perhaps love MV so much(I love that song umtil now when goong was out).

Its kind of interesting to see yong n hyun’s MV. I mean when I am watchin MVs, its normally couples acting in a drama. But when yong n hyun is in the MV, it seems so real that they are telling us their love story as a real couple. (Although they are acting as a couple, but they are acting as themselves and not some scripted roles in a drama). Ok sounds complicated and I myself donnoe wat I am saying. I love yong when he bit his nails when seohyun was reading the letter. And when he stare at hyun, awww its really sweet. :D

^^ thanks for sharing!! i can't wait for newwwwwwwwwww ep!! how many hours left?

read a story: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=334079

=]

Dreamer Gosh yr story make my day!! There aint really seohwa fanfics around,. How I wish the 2nd part is out too. And maybe you can write a full story with lots and lots of chapters for our couple if you have time? Haha.

Its less than 3 hours to WGM!! I look like some desperate kid sitting in front of the com waiting for seohwa. Hope the streaming later wont lag. :)

Guest ljphantom

ljphantom thanks for sharing that ^^

hahaha since i dont speak korean so i dont really know the different XD

LaBelle By no means am I a professional linguist, but if you listen closely, the tones of satoori speakers tends to go up and down differently than those of Standard Korean speakers. In professional lingo: Gyeongsang dialect/satoori has lexical tones that standard Korean lacks. Also, standard Korean has a flat intonation while satoori has a more pronounced intonation. I hope this helps! (There are other differences, but these are the ones you may be able to tell even without knowing Korean but just by studying the tones and intonations.) I'm sorry if I couldn't help you more or explain it better. :P

Thanks ljphantom for always bringing us good news. When I am saying always, I really mean it! Hehe.

Hoho so cute talking to the in-laws. I tink yong’s mum will be so funny. Speaking to her absolutely gorgeous daughter in law. Hehe. I tink seohyun will look cute if she’s confused over her accent. But there’s always her hubby beside her to help her. Hehe. Maybe they are using videocalls. lol.

I am wondering what seohyun mom told yong. I have seen seohyun’s mom on I tink KJE choc show or smth and she is also so gentle like seohyun. Both parents will prob say out some secrets about their child.

wilduno988 Aw, thanks. I hope I can bring good news all the time in the future, but that may not necessarily be the case.

Yeah, Yong-hwa will be there to help her if Seo-hyun is confused, but I don't think Yong-hwa's mom will use any words/slang/phrases that Seo-hyun would be unfamiliar with (unless the former was trying to be playful or something).

Ooh, do you have the video link to Seo-hyun's mom on KJE Chocolate show? Did she actually appear in person?

And yes, I hope the parents spill some embarrassing stories about when they're little! :lol:

ETA: I need to go to bed, but I'll be back, I promise! (Because I can't stay away from this thread for long, no matter how hard I try. :P) Have fun watching it live, everyone! :)

LaBelle By no means am I a professional linguist, but if you listen closely, the tones of satoori speakers tends to go up and down differently than those of Standard Korean speakers. In professional lingo: Gyeongsang dialect/satoori has lexical tones that standard Korean lacks. Also, standard Korean has a flat intonation while satoori has a more pronounced intonation. I hope this helps! (There are other differences, but these are the ones you may be able to tell even without knowing Korean but just by studying the tones and intonations.) I'm sorry if I couldn't help you more or explain it better. :P

Ooh, do you have the video link to Seo-hyun's mom on KJE Chocolate show? Did she actually appear in person?

And yes, I hope the parents spill some embarrassing stories about when they're little! :lol:

aaaah i see i will try to listen again the different lol

it does sounds lil diff but yeah since it's not my native language so it's hard for me to know the exact diff lol

anyway here the KJE Chocolate with Seohyun's mom

1st part Funny

2nd part Sad T_T

Guest ♥♥PowerOf9

To those who want to watch WGM live later, you can use TVants or stream links like

http://kpopflash.net/stream/ (hopefully they will steam wgm too)

http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.c...nnels/b3320.htm

Old posts with live stream links for those who want to catch it live ^^

im waiting for it too! im like.. going thru this thread now, trying to find something i havent watched about this couple yet! gahh.. cuteness overload. i hope there are interviews where he talks more about her and stuff! =]

and thanks everyone for liking the story!

Guest mesonice

When is the baseball game will be end....huhu even they said they will not postponed WGM but ..i'm a bit worried rite now!!!!! Geee..... :(:(

it's less than one hour....but the game is still on....huhu!!!

hey! I wanna share something with you guys~

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p264/yi...12_25670970.jpg

tq!tq! :P:P:P:D:D:D So..they really went to the beach by the train??? yaiyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone translate what they has written at the above their signature???

Guest nomadzky

thanks for the subbed YongHwa radio guesting ljpanthom. after multiple times of rewinding i finally got the intonation. at first i didn't really get it because i don't speak korean but it's kinda noticeable since he spoke slowly.

LaBelle omg! that was a moving Chocolate episode. SeoHyun's mom talks with warmth, she seems like a nice lady. now i understand more why SH likes reading self-help improvement books. anticipating to watch Yong's phone conversation with SH's mom and vice versa :D i wish they'll have an episode where both parents are present, that would be something hehehe...

can someone please tell me what time WGM airs? It's now 12:45 PST. I want to try watching live this time if i'm still awake by that time :lol:

Edit:

moon887 where is this place? and is that their autograph? gosh! it's like we're being fed with morsels and leave us wanting more...we're newsbits hungry :lol:

thanks mesonice! :)

Guest mesonice

thanks for the subbed YongHwa radio guesting ljpanthom. after multiple times of rewinding i finally got the intonation. at first i didn't really get it because i don't speak korean but it's kinda noticeable since he spoke slowly.

LaBelle omg! that was a moving Chocolate episode. SeoHyun's mom talks with warmth, she seems like a nice lady. now i understand more why SH likes reading self-help improvement books. anticipating to watch Yong's phone conversation with SH's mom and vice versa :D i wish they'll have an episode where both parents are present, that would be something hehehe...

can someone please tell me what time WGM airs? It's now 12:45 PST here in US. I want to try watching live this time if i'm still awake by that time :lol:

korean air time is 5.15 pm...it's just half an hour!! so pls stay tunned, k!!!!!!

When is the baseball game will be end....huhu even they said they will not postponed WGM but ..i'm a bit worried rite now!!!!! Geee..... :(:(

it's less than one hour....but the game is still on....huhu!!!

tq!tq! :P:P:P:D:D:D So..they really went to the beach by the train??? yaiyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone translate what they has written at the above their signature???

they wrote that " jong dong jin , hwaiting"

im not sure jong dong jin is the word or name

Guest farakellys

waaa...i also want their autograph...

so cute...

both added star at the end of the signature...

oh just about 15 minutes more....

Guest mesonice

they wrote that " jong dong jin , hwaiting"

im not sure jong dong jin is the word or name

may be it's the name of that place..may be...

Arghhhhh.....the baseball game makes me feel so tense.....