[info] The 8th Annual Korea Times Music Festival 2010 (hb)

Guest khype

Here is my experience to the Korean Music Festival last year. It was me and my sister's first time ever, although I've been to california before but without taking the taxi, city bus, and subway, it wouldn't be a very good experience. We felt like real LA locals. ahahhaa. We go to LA,, took a taxi to the Hotel (The wilshire)....couldn't check in right away because we got there at noon and check in was at 3pm. We got lucky and got to check in an hour later because they had available rooms by then. As we were waiting in the lobby for our room, these tall skinny korean guys walk in.. The lobby was pretty empty. Maybe about 3 or 4 girls were wandering the lobby.... So, those korean guys just come and sit down about 3 tables from us.... We had no idea who they were but we kept staring. No girls were running up to them yet so we assume they're just locals. ahahhaa. Anyways.. a few minutes later about 3 girls go up to them and asked for autographs......now my sisters and us are wondering "WHO ARE THEY"....my lil sister goes. "I think they're shinee"...ahhaha. but I'm older and I knew who Shinee were but didn't follow them and know how they looked like. Just knew the name. We were still wondering if they were Shinee but as we were about to go say hi....another guy comes by them, shakes their hand...and they all walk off. AT that moment I'm thinking to myself... "HOLY mini cooper, isn't that the guy from G.O.D?????".... but they leave so quickly I couldn't take another look. The girl that got their autograph is on the phone spazzing away and here we were, so dumbfounded...feeling soo stupid since we had no idea who they were. ahhahahaha.

After we check in, we go to our room and got ready to hit the beach. Then we didn't know how to get to the beach but it didn't take us long to figure it out. The subway station was right across the street so we took the subway to our first stop,,,,KTOWN..... then decided to take the city bus to Venice Beach. That bus ride was foreverrrrrrrrrrr. It took us an hour. That day was quite chilly but the beach was packed... Not much sun and waves. We stayed about an hour then decided to head back to Korean Town to eat. We found this Korean restaurant. It was like an all you can eat. It was our first time ever making our own food in front of us and they had the best KIMCHI I've ever tasted. YUMMMMY!!! Sometimes I wonder why other asians just assume we're korean right away. I mean....not all asians that visit Korean Town are asians. anyways..... after we stuffed ourselves we went back to our room to shower becuz we stunk like bbq smoke....then headed to the downtown mall. we stayed there until it closed then walked around downtown and came back. My sister and I decided to work out at the hotel gym and my other sister decided to stay in and not go explore. BIGmistake.... at this time it was like 10pm already and the lobby was full of people. Literally people were just hanging out waiting around for the celebrities.....about 11pm....we hear girls screaming so we figured somethin was up...my sister and I ran so fast out of the gym...and saw myself 10 feet away from KIM HYUNG JOONG. I became a crazy fan girl at that moment. ahahhahahaha. He was wisked away so quickly though. After that, my sister and I ended up in the lobby with the rest of the people...... Boy was my other sister mad......but that's what she gets for going all the way to CA and staying in the hotel room only. ahahhaa.

The next morning we got up real early, went and toured LA.....got back at around 11am or so...and became crazy fan girls again. We pretty much waited with the rest of the people just to see if we could get a glimpse of celebrities. We sure did. SNSD walked through the lobby, Son Ho Young was walking around and nobody even cared but when I saw Son Ho Young, he didn't even say HI. I guess he had to save his voice for the night because of his MC duties. Then the moment came.... KIM TAE WOO comes through those doors and up the escalator. When I saw him..... I said "HIIIIIIIIIIIII"....he said "HI" back with his smile and dimples popping...awwwwwwww... I had to get an autograph....so I ran up those escalators and spotted him sittin alone.....I went up to him and aske for a picture...and he and his manager allowed it..... I can brag and say that I was the first to talk to him and first to get a picture with him. ahhahaa. That made my whole trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sisters and I took the subway everywhere. It was soo convenient and cheap. Right before we left to the concert, we stopped at Chinatown. It was a 15min train ride from the hotel.....and another 15 min back......then after Chinatown,,we took the subway down to the concert...we ended up stoppin at the wrong stop but we found "PINKBERRY".... there is no Pinkberry in the midwest so we had to try it. I mean it was not all that great like what I expected it to be but it's PINKBERRY... ahahhaa. Then we got on the next train and went on our way. We were like one stop away from our destination only. Finally...we made it and it was only 6pm.. We went around and got stuff from the different booths....and made way to our seats..... The whole night was a blast..... Son Ho Young and Kim Tae Woo brought the house down. It was a night to remember because it was my first time and it was all worth it.

So if it is your first time, take the subway.....it's cheap, easy, and convenient......you'll get to experience LA.......I am soo excited for May 1st now... I can't wait....... I hope this year's experience will be as enjoyable as last years.........

:D!!! Wha! So lucky! My luck is the complete opposite...but I hope I get into the same hotel atleast.....then I can atleast say my luck didn't stop me too much this time. ;D

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest toomuchsmiling

srsly i've heard that the online buying/phone waiting didn't work, and it really sucked. O_O

what's happening to KMF these recent years? .__. how come their service is turning...retarded? DX

I'm lucky to have gotten mine in person, but....=/

the selection of artists have better be good for the stupid seats price raise and the disappointing service today.

It HAS to be! it can't be that bad. Hopefully, they make up for it. o_o

Guest joongieluv

oh the mood is so depressing here. its either ppl are desperate for tickets or ppl having problems.

well im having a problem too

i ordered through phone and my bank account hasnt been charged since then. and they didnt ask for my email either..

hmm.. i wanna call them again but the lines are still busy, dang.

anyways terrace is good! but make sure to bring ur glasses/contacts, etc

a binocular would be good too in case its hard to see at night, but overall its worth it eventho i sat in back terrace

Same here!! After I got off the phone with her, i was just so glad I got my tickets that i hadn't realized that she didn't ask for my e-mail address... :unsure: now i'm freakin out whether or not she even got my info correct and charged it...cuz i could tell she was in a rush too... :( i better have those tickets!

Same here!! After I got off the phone with her, i was just so glad I got my tickets that i hadn't realized that she didn't ask for my e-mail address... :unsure: now i'm freakin out whether or not she even got my info correct and charged it...cuz i could tell she was in a rush too... :( i better have those tickets!

I wouldn't worry too much. They got part of my info wrong last year & when my tickets didn't come on time I called them & found out the girl had written the information down wrong. They corrected it & sent the tickets to me straight away. But if you're really worried, you should call back and ask them to repeat your info back to you to make sure it's right.

Guest didibabez1

Hey, don't worry guys.... even if you don't get the seats you wanted,,, seeing the celebrities up close and personal at the hotel and maybe if you are lucky, you'll run in to them somewhere in LA...it'll all be worth it. Last year, a bunch of people got pissed because I guess non of their favorites came so they sold their tickets.... but you know what, KMF 2009 was a blast and I'm glad I went.......

oh the mood is so depressing here. its either ppl are desperate for tickets or ppl having problems.

well im having a problem too

i ordered through phone and my bank account hasnt been charged since then. and they didnt ask for my email either..

hmm.. i wanna call them again but the lines are still busy, dang.

anyways terrace is good! but make sure to bring ur glasses/contacts, etc

a binocular would be good too in case its hard to see at night, but overall its worth it eventho i sat in back terrace

same thing happened to me..... they didn't ask for my info and my account hasn't been charged yet!! is anyone else having this problem??? i hope they got the right card number...... >.<

Guest Tinateukbum

Does anyone have an experience from last year? One that was either eventful or bad? Also, I'm worried about parking...how is that handled? Is it a parking area someplace else, and you go by taxi? ;o Thanks! <3
Mine was eventful & bad/stressful.

Saturday - We kinda got lost finding the Wilshire from Hollywood Blvd. but after a couple hours of being in LA, we found the Wilshire, checked in, went up to the room then went downstairs to wait for my friend/ride, like around noon-1. She actually took like a while to get there lol. But yeah, so me, my younger sister, & 2 younger brothers [ those 2 came along because I couldnt sell off my 2 extra GB seats], we just hung out in the lobby. Around 2:30, I got up to stretch & I see this tall Korean guy in flannel & I thought, 'omgosh, why does he look so familiar ?...OMG SHINee's Manager !!' I look around to find SHINee haha but no sign, until after a few minutes after I sat back down, I see 2 guys come down the stairs, the sun was shining from the doors so I couldn't see them clearly but as they got to the bottom of the stairs, I could see that it was Minho & Taemin. I totally freaked saying 'omg it's Taemin & Minho !' then my sister screamed, Taemin I love you ! I was kinda ehh so i turned my head lol. I didnt follow them because my legs didnt wanna work atm. but my brothers went to the bathroom where they were, and after they went outside, my sister went, i can't believe i didnt go. she didnt bother them to ask for anything she just stared outside haha. Other than SHINee around that time, we saw the older generation band...& I'm pretty sure I saw a G.O.D dude, also Taoji..? and some other famous dude, idk the names but that was all before the concert.

After the concert - so many people waited in the lobby waiting for artists to come back. it was around midnight-ish that SHINee & SNSD came back, and we ran to the elevators to see them. My sis got major eye contact with Jonghyun. Me, her & my friend totally squealed/screamed & jumped up & down next to the elevators. The older band got back & I said good job to them, they smiled. A couple hrs later, it was kinda dead...but I saw Jungmin at the top floor looking down, I just stared & wondered if it was him haha & it was. then around 2 or 3, the hotel staff said the front doors were gonna get locked so we went to the entrance downstairs but wow, right when we're downstairs, Hyunjoong comes in from the front doors upstairs ! >l so we went upstairs to our room.

I didnt sleep, my sibs did. Around 6am, me & my sis came downstairs thinking the stars would come out that early lol. it was toooo early, people didnt start coming down until like 8am. SNSD members came down for breakfast, older artists leaving. KimBum's dad in Boys Over Flower said hello to me & he was giving out autographs and taking pics. We didnt get one tho cuz his manager said he had to go. I kept seeing SNSD members one by one or in groups of 2/3, Yuri walked right in front of me like she wasnt looking where she was going hehe. Then the girls left around 10...shortly after SHINee came down & I died with my cam. I was inches away & yeah <3

I wrote too much but hey you asked for an experience lol, had to be a story xP

I'm so excited for this years :Dfront row Garden omgosh <3

Guest didibabez1

same thing happened to me..... they didn't ask for my info and my account hasn't been charged yet!! is anyone else having this problem??? i hope they got the right card number...... >.<

hmm,, but why wouldn't they ask for your info. They would need to send you your tickets. I got the same lady that I talked to yesterday. She was soo nice. First she asked for my phone # to pull up my account info since I used ordered online last year and all my info was still stored in the system. She pulled up my info with my phone#... read my name and address back to me...then she asked what seats i wanted.... ...took my acct info....and I made sure she read my acct info and everything back to me. She also gave me my confirmation #.... my acct has been charged and my order shows up in my KMF account order site already. hmmm.......did you get a confirmation #???

Guest didibabez1

^i got a confirmation number but they didn't ask for my email

what is KMF account order site???

I meant the ordering site. If you tried to order tickets through the Korean music festival website, you would have had to register first. Did you do that before?

Guest didibabez1

The site won't let me buy Super Seat tickets... o_O

Am I only the person with this problem?

Yep I had a major problem with that website. I tried ordering my tickets just an hour again but in the website when I tried to choose my seats, it kept sayin to find new seats or something so I got fed up with it and called and got thru. That site is a pain in the richard simmons!!!!!

Guest JackEee

The system is seriously frustrating argh i order online and got this? did anyone else get this message?

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Guest superstar`kiss

^ I think they meant that's when their official website will be launching.

The artist list may be coming even before that. We'll just have to wait for Khype's announcement on when the 1st batch will be out.

Mine was eventful & bad/stressful.

Saturday - We kinda got lost finding the Wilshire from Hollywood Blvd. but after a couple hours of being in LA, we found the Wilshire, checked in, went up to the room then went downstairs to wait for my friend/ride, like around noon-1. She actually took like a while to get there lol. But yeah, so me, my younger sister, & 2 younger brothers [ those 2 came along because I couldnt sell off my 2 extra GB seats], we just hung out in the lobby. Around 2:30, I got up to stretch & I see this tall Korean guy in flannel & I thought, 'omgosh, why does he look so familiar ?...OMG SHINee's Manager !!' I look around to find SHINee haha but no sign, until after a few minutes after I sat back down, I see 2 guys come down the stairs, the sun was shining from the doors so I couldn't see them clearly but as they got to the bottom of the stairs, I could see that it was Minho & Taemin. I totally freaked saying 'omg it's Taemin & Minho !' then my sister screamed, Taemin I love you ! I was kinda ehh so i turned my head lol. I didnt follow them because my legs didnt wanna work atm. but my brothers went to the bathroom where they were, and after they went outside, my sister went, i can't believe i didnt go. she didnt bother them to ask for anything she just stared outside haha. Other than SHINee around that time, we saw the older generation band...& I'm pretty sure I saw a G.O.D dude, also Taoji..? and some other famous dude, idk the names but that was all before the concert.

After the concert - so many people waited in the lobby waiting for artists to come back. it was around midnight-ish that SHINee & SNSD came back, and we ran to the elevators to see them. My sis got major eye contact with Jonghyun. Me, her & my friend totally squealed/screamed & jumped up & down next to the elevators. The older band got back & I said good job to them, they smiled. A couple hrs later, it was kinda dead...but I saw Jungmin at the top floor looking down, I just stared & wondered if it was him haha & it was. then around 2 or 3, the hotel staff said the front doors were gonna get locked so we went to the entrance downstairs but wow, right when we're downstairs, Hyunjoong comes in from the front doors upstairs ! >l so we went upstairs to our room.

I didnt sleep, my sibs did. Around 6am, me & my sis came downstairs thinking the stars would come out that early lol. it was toooo early, people didnt start coming down until like 8am. SNSD members came down for breakfast, older artists leaving. KimBum's dad in Boys Over Flower said hello to me & he was giving out autographs and taking pics. We didnt get one tho cuz his manager said he had to go. I kept seeing SNSD members one by one or in groups of 2/3, Yuri walked right in front of me like she wasnt looking where she was going hehe. Then the girls left around 10...shortly after SHINee came down & I died with my cam. I was inches away & yeah <3

I wrote too much but hey you asked for an experience lol, had to be a story xP

I'm so excited for this years :Dfront row Garden omgosh <3

Nonono that was fantastic! :D Oya! So this hotel seems to be the palce to go!

http://www.fourseasons.com/beverlywilshire...servations.html

It's this one yes? :D

Archived