Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

cecilia said:there's lots of talk about king's face in the interviews as wellone of them he mentioned what i had thought also about the ending that it is an OPEN ENDINGhe said although gwanghae says he wont go find ga hee, he thinks it's an open ending that that it's possible in the future, ga hee might help gwanghae again when the situation arisesSEE EVEN INGUK THINKS THAT!!! @seungshinl

sometimes i do that (fanschant) too when i heard his song. my tongue do it automatically , kekeke... SEO.. IN ... GUK!!!!

don't care yaaa what other people thinking about his look, his voice or whatever. To me, HE IS THE BEST. Maybe he is not the most favourable in other eyes, and maybe some people judge him by his first look. But to me, the more you look at him, the more you will mesmerized by him. He's a magnet.
I do agree with all the comments by you chingus. The international fans need to recognize him more and there are not much media informed him properly.

@seungshinl wow... daebak!!!! thank you very much for your efforts, giving us the translated which long long enough to read but insightful and interesting. I don't know how to express what i'm feeling when i read your post. Grateful is not enough to describe it, hehe...

yes, i tought that too, SIG turning point was the Love Rain. If he didn't participate in that drama, i think we could lost one of the most talented person in Korea. I just hope he never get tired to fullfill our greeds. Coz as fans, we always want more, more, and more :D

Guest asmaraseo

awww... @seungshinl and @cecilia, many many hugs from here to you and others for all the wonderful and heartwarming posts, i can't help but to love this man more! :x >:D<

just, pleaseee...don't let us take you away from your beautiful life with all your gorgeous friends and families sharing endearing moments hehe we'd be forever thankful for all the tiniest bits you do to translate or post or share info about this particular man we love so much!  :x again, many hugs >:D<

@ilynnsg  for last few weeks i read about stars came to singapore for photo shoot, even Baek Ji young and K.will will come in april for OST concert ... so Ingukie, when will you come to our sunny island?  :(( you can come for any reasons .. shooping? sun bathing? eating? :\">
@seungshinl ... thanks a lot again for your hard work :-bd  just take your time but please not too long ...(hahaha...sorry for mimicking inguk here >:D<)

서인국 "이성재, 종방연 때 나와 커플 코트·동반 입장 위해 40분 대기"

"Lee Sung Jae waited for 40 minutes to wear the 'couple coat' together to the Wrap Up Party"출처 티브이데일리 | 작성 강지애 기자 | 입력 2015.02.23 07:01

The singer and actor Seo In Guk (28) has shown a unique friendship with Lee Sung Jae who played the role of his father in ‘the King’s Face.’

In the Wed/Thurs drama ‘the King’s Face (KBS2) he played a challenging role of an unlucky prince.  He received a positive review in his detailed portrayal of a concubine’s son who becomes a Crown Prince then the King.  

Furthermore his acting showed he was able to hold his own against the veteran actor Lee Sung Jae who played his father and the 14th King of Joseon.  Previously in the MBC Variety program ‘I live alone’ and the drama ‘Rascal Sons’ he showed a ‘sticky rice (inseperable) connection’ with Lee Sung and it was no different in ‘the King’s Face.’

81PNrUH.jpg

Seo In Guk Interview ‘the King’s Face’)

In his interview Seo In Guk showed his particular affection for Lee Sung Jae by bringing up his name saying, ‘even before the drama started I was very close to Sung Jae hyungnim so we were able to have a unique connection. He is my closest hyungnim who is like an older brother.’ 

He brought out smiles by explaining how it was that he and Lee Sung Jae showed up at the Wrap Up party for ‘the King’s Face’ in a ‘couple coat’ (both wearing the same coat).

'The ‘couple coat’ was Sung Jae hyungnim’s idea. He gave me a coat as a gift and said to me ‘let’s wear this together to the Wrap Up party.’  I kept asking him ‘are you sure really?’ and he would say to me ‘yes for real, let’s wear them together.’  Seo In Guk continued on 'but on that day I had another appointment’ so I told Sung Jae hyung "I am going to be late getting to the Wrap Up party" but he said to me "it is important that you and I go in together."  He told me "I must go in there with you" and he waited for me for 40 minutes and that’s how we were able to appear at the party together wearing the same coat' in the secret shared for this interview. 

Then Seo In Guk ‘lashed out’ at Lee Sung Jae over his jealousy toward him. ‘He was so jealous of me’ because from the beginning until his ascendancy to the throne Gwanghwe was clothed in a variety of nice costume.'  'He wore a Crown Prince robe, a suit of armour and the Royal Robe and that’s why Sung Jae hyungnim was so jealous of me’ breaking out into a smile. :)

On other news Seo In Guk will be releasing the best album (Last Song) in Japan on the 25th and hold mini concerts, autograph sessions and fan meetings to meet his fans.

TVDaily Reporter: Kang Ji Ae news@tvdaily.co.kr

Photos provided by Jellyfish

Translation by @seungshinl (first draft 15.02.24)  

~O)
YTxTWr7.jpg

o1W5yzt.jpg

• Like 1

@ituaku oh! i din know k.will coming for the OST concert.  Are you going to the concert?  I have yet to check who are the performing artists.  I did saw the advert on tv and i was having the same qn.  When will SIG come to our country?!  His fav food is chicken right?  He needs to try our Hainanese Chicken Rice!   :D

• Like 1

Chingus:
I have not and I don't know if I will  translate the audio from SIG's Japanese concerts I've heard so far (I might wait for @cecilia to spy out a video).  I might just summarize if I get the time...  
One thing that really jumped out at me is when SIG said in one of those audios that he did 30 interviews after the King's Face before coming to Japan.  
To which I said (screamed):
EngGuk ah...........!Did you have to do all 30 interviews at once?  How about one a week?  Did you not think someone might be translating your interviews?
[-X [-X [-X

That is all, Guk Night...           

• Like 1

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Seo In Guk Says He Is Satisfied with “The King’s Face” Ratingsddangha February 24, 20150Seo In Guk Says He Is Satisfied with “The King’s Face” Ratings

Singer/actor Seo In Guk recently revealed in an interview that he was not disappointed with the ratings for his latest drama, “The King’s Face.”

The drama, which concluded on February 5, was his first attempt at sageuk (a historical drama). During the interview, he said, “I was worried because it was my first sageuk. Now that it’s done, I can say that it really was difficult.” He further continued, “But I thought, ‘this is why so many people want to do sageuk.’ It was a great experience and I would like to try again. You get to feel these emotions you normally can’t through a trendy drama.”

“The King’s Face” had a one-digit rating throughout its run. Its highest rating was during the finale, when it scored a 9.1% rating, nationally. The drama’s low ratings were in line with the general decrease in network TV ratings across the board.

Despite the drama’s less-than-stellar ratings, Seo In Guk said that he was satisfied with the numbers. “Of course, it would have been nice if they were higher. But I am still happy with the ratings of ‘The King’s Face.’ Because it didn’t fall from the first episode. In fact, the last episode’s ratings were much higher than the beginning.”

During the interview, the talented singer-turned-actor said that he did not have any concrete plans for the immediate future, yet.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/02/24/seo-in-guk-says-he-is-satisfied-with-the-kings-face-ratings/

• Like 1

‘왕의 얼굴’ 서인국 “도희 이상형 고백? 귀엽고 사랑스러운 분”(인터뷰)

“The ideal type confession from Do Hee?  She is a cute and loveable person” (Interview)

기사입력 2015-02-26 00:00

WvI2A2Q.jpg 

Seo In Guk responds to Dohee’s ideal image confession.

The actor Seo In Guk who recently starred in the drama ‘the King’s Face (PD Yoon Sung Shik)’ revealed his marriage philosophy by saying ‘when I get married I want to be a family man.  Of course when I am working I will be focused on it no matter what but I want to be someone who would make up for all the things I am unable to do while I am working.’

He further added ‘I want to be able to discuss with my wife-to-be about my work.  For example if I were to go into a 3 months production of a movie I will be sensitive during that time but if she can appreciate and understand that I want to be able to pay back with plenty of love after the movie ends.’ 

Previously the ‘Reply 1994’ star (Tiny G) Dohee pointed out Seo In Guk as her ideal type in numerous broadcasts and interviews.  Seo In Guk responded by saying ‘at the time I was busy with ‘the Master’s Sun’ and the movie ‘No Breathing’ so I was unable to watch ‘Reply 1994.’  I saw it briefly on TV and I thought she has a cute and loveable charisma.’  He further added ‘I am grateful to her for liking me as a fan’ (That’s my boy!) :) :) :)

Seo In Guk received much love through the original drama of the ‘reply’ series, ‘Reply 1997.’ In response to the continuing love for the series shown by the success of ‘Reply 1994’ which contribted to a talk of ‘Reply 1998,’ Seo In Guk added ‘I am so proud of Shin Won Ho PD-nim for the success of the reply series.’  Even though the project has ended do get together with the PD-nim for beer.

On a related matter Seo In Guk’s project ‘the King’s Face’ ended on February 5th.

Reporter Han Ji Myung:  star5424@

Translation by @seungshinl (2015.02.25)
  • Like 1

Here is the translation for the lyrics of what the koreans now call the 'Fan song' - the song that In guk wrote for his fans, who stand by him and give him strength through thick and thin!
This is a translation from the korean translation, i just love this song!!! his voice is so smooth Inguk ah TTTTT

Translation for 'Light of my life'
Only your warmth has not changedThe end of today which was warmI want to keep seeing your eyes which are filled with stars from the sky
You ask how important you are? my baby could you feel it?For sure, I love you more than you think I do
You mean everything in my lifeWhatever it is, it is filled with a melody of hopeEven in the midst of a storm, you who shone for me, my loveJust everything and only love for me
Whatever suffering or sadness there was, only you were my lightYour scent which envelopes me is the reason I continue to live like this
The memories are still inside my heart, my baby, they havent changed a bitFor sure, I love you more than you think I do

You mean everything in my lifeWhatever it is, it is filled with a melody of hopeEven in the midst of a storm, you who shone for me, my loveJust everything and only love for me
I want to keep lighting up the path you're walking onSo I want to meet you once againI want to meet you right nowI am always by your side
You mean everything in my lifeWhatever it is, it is filled with a melody of hopeYou didn't disappear with tears but shone for me, my loveJust everything and only love for me

• Like 1

cecilia said: Here is the translation for the lyrics of what the koreans now call the 'Fan song' - the song that In guk wrote for his fans, who stand by him and give him strength through thick and thin!
This is a translation from the korean translation, i just love this song!!! his voice is so smooth Inguk ah TTTTT

Translation for 'Light of my life'
Only your warmth has not changedThe end of today which was warmI want to keep seeing your eyes which are filled with stars from the sky
You ask how important you are? my baby could you feel it?For sure, I love you more than you think I do
Whatever suffering or sadness there was, only you were my lightYour scent which envelopes me is the reason I continue to live like this
The memories are still inside my heart, my baby, they havent changed a bitFor sure, I love you more than you think I do

I want to keep lighting up the path you're walking onSo I want to meet you once againI want to meet you right nowI am always by your side
You mean everything in my lifeWhatever it is, it is filled with a melody of hopeYou didn't disappear with tears but shone for me, my loveJust everything and only love for me

• Like 1