Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

Our SIG is sooo charming on the set ^^
Thank you for the video on LYE!
@euhana gosh!!! the range in his voice is soooooo awesome! He not only has many faces, he also has many voices! Did he also take part in a radio show? Are these clips from radio star?
My favorite part in that clip is 4:00 when he covered Rain's love song and then we get a bonus wave dance! Hah! Seriously SIG. And the red hair :))

• Like 1

@kimnabong: Thanks for your help! Don't know if you or anyone posted this clip yet but it sure is SO ADORABLE AND CUTE. Lol He has such an AWESOME personality!!! :) So cute and SO MESSY person..hahaha

Credit to the uploaders of these clips!

• Like 1

The Marie Claire interview is quite interesting...as it was done only a few days after he finished KOHS, i think it should be read more as a reflection of the effects the drama has had on him rather than what he's really thinking at the momentThe recurrent theme i felt when reading the interview was that KOHS seems to have really drained him physically and mentallynot in a bad way but he just sounds REALLY tiredAs he mentioned at the cinema screening with his fans, he also said here, that towards the end of the drama, having to play MS and HS was hard on him physically, but also because he had to cry and cry and cry, as MS and also as HS, it really put stress on him emotionally toohe said some days he would get into his van and just say, I feel like i'm going to dieThe other thing he talked about was that because lives as his character while he's filming, it drains him even moreHe said this was a habit he developed while filming No Breathing and Master's Sun at the same timebecause the 2 characters were so different and he was filming them at the same time, on the set he would live as that personSo on the No breathing set, he would just really energetic and do things that Won il would do, like lying around on the groundWhere as on the set of Master's Sun, since Kang Woo's character was a bodyguard who guarded people without words, he stayed quite on the set alot of the times. So during the filming of KOHS, he would live as HS (note: the interview said HS and not MS, i'm not sure if it was meant to be MS) and he found that with the conclusion of the drama, that he has become quiet and gentle. But he says in real life, he's not usually like that, he likes to play and joke around and usually for a photo shoot like he was doing now, he would have a lot of energy, but here he was just being quiet. Perhaps it's because he hasnt returned to being Seo In Guk yet but he says it feels a bit weird.
He also talks about how when he did Reply 1997, he went into it without much plan and thinking. But after KOHS, he feels that his thinking about acting has deepened and changed. He says it's quite amazing, he feels like he's changed within a few days.
He talks about how nowadays there are certain things that he used to do that he cant do anymore. Before he became a singer, he would go drinking and hanging out with friends, might swear with friends and just be a normal 20 sth year old guy. But for example, nowadays, if there was something he was frustrated about, he wouldnt be able to just shout in the middle of the street in frustration. He says that acting has helped him alot in this way though because he can express and release emotioons through acting. But he says there are things he wont stop doing, like drinkign and hanging with friends, becayse if he doesnt even do that, then it would be pretty sad. 
He talked about youth. He says his most glorious period of youth was the time he was in high school up til the time he became a singer. He hung onto his dream of becoming a singer and never gave up despite people around him saying things to him. And now he says he's experiencing his 2nd period of youth. Playing MS, he gave his all. He says if it's something that he likes, he will give it his all. In the future, whether it's acting or singing or something else, those chances will come again where he will give his all and that he's looking forward to it.
I didnt translate word for word and skipped alot of stuff but this is the general gist of it all.

• Like 1

Guest dramacf

@cecilia Thanks for being so awesome! Always appreciate all the SIG goodies you share with us!
OMG! That first snapshot just makes me feel like he's staring back! Can't help but be mesmerized by that stare! And the shot with his back profile sideways with him touching his head is one of the best shots I've seen like you're kept wondering what he's looking at to be posing like that..Hope he gets more mag photo shoots for us! And here's to wishing that he'll accept the sageuk drama coz that will totally be a new challenge for him and prove how awesome an actor he is...plus the thought that he just might sing another OST for the drama just makes me so happy all around...

Thank you so much again and again, @cecilia! I can understand how tired he was. He's always being a hardworker. I hope he got that much-needed rest. Even during the filming, he went back and forth to Japan for fanmeeting, fan signing, or promoting his Hug mini album. He is indeed a superman. No wonder that everytime he goes home after work, he got straight to sleeping. Rest well, Ingukkie!

• Like 1

@cecilia thank you so much for writing down the interview. I really respect his passion for his job. He is really so cool that way. I remember that part in the KOHS special when Duk Hwan and Tae Suk interviewed him with handcams and they said they wanted to talk to him as Seo In Guk and he kept saying that he was Lee Min Suk (that time he was reading the script intently). Wow. He is really dedicated when acting. In a way, I'm also worried about him getting another drama for 2014. The guy sounds so tired. Character actors who really love acting tend to do this way of living. I remember Heath Ledger who became so depressed when he played The Joker that he actually committed suicide in the middle of filming. That sort of stuff is scary. I hope Mr. Seo In Guk can get some rest and go back to being Seo In Guk---or any self that makes him feel happy. Anyway, as a fan I am happy to watch him on screen even just as Seo In Guk. Even if he returns to I Live Alone, I'll be happy. I'll keep watching out for his projects.

@lovesikara - I thought I was only imagining that he looked rather serious in the superstarK 6 all-star concert. He was brooding and cool there, right? 

EDIT: Did you guys also notice that his father wore a ring in the MNET dedication video for Superstar K? The one where his father cried? It looks like Seo In Guk got his interest in wearing rings from Mr. Seo. 

• Like 1

His latest photo shoot totally protrays Lee Hyung Suk's mannerism!Thanks @Cecilia for the translation! Now that you guys mentioned that he wasn't as bubbly in the concert performance, it made sense to me too!His singing was really smooth but like you guys mentioned, he did sound quite distant. Nonetheless, I think he's "finding myself" at this point of time... Can't wait to see him on some variety shows! His epic appearance was Mama Mia and i love how he interacts with his mum. It's really sweet! I must say, his mum is one cool woman! Way to go! 

• Like 1

I think right now, he was already back as Seo In Guk himself. In that interview he has with Park Min Young, his charms and his adorable self is back. When was that interview happened, was it before or after SSK concert? It's definitely Seo In Guk, with all his answers, saying something about sexy and those adorable things like how he wrongly put his answers. As for his performance in SSK, I think it's because he was singing KOHS song, and he's just finished his newest drama, he was back as his character, Lee Hyung Suk, or something? (Or because he was tired and nervous like he said). Because when he performed in SSK concert back then in 2012, it was during the height of Reply 1997, he acted like he was Yoon Yoonjae (his character's name in R97), even in the middle of his singing he asked this to the fans "Should I not date her?" in Busan dialect. So I think, after 2012 in every SSK concert, he's back to his drama self, somehow. Well, just my assumption, though, I don't really know. :D

• Like 1

@Popscreen7 Good thinking. Yeah, that was definitely SIG on the vid with PMY. I wonder which one came first? Also, do you have any news about the saeguk drama he was considering? Has Jellyfish made any announcement about it lately? 

• Like 1

@kimnabong
Yeahhh, awesome right, hee :) i dont know much, but before he acting, he appeared as regular guest in many radio programs such as on MBC FM's Park Kyung Lim's Starry Night and SBS Power FM's Sweet Sorrow's Ten Ten Club. while about radio star, i'm not sure. because i only saw the video of him with huh gak and the other one with rascal sons' cast.

• Like 1

yeah he's been on radio star twicethe episode with huh gak and the 2 guys from mbc star audition was more interesting than the one with rascal sonsfeel like he got a bit more air time and he scored the highest for the singing part at the end too!But the one with lee sung jae, he was overpowered by the other 2 guys or they really edited alot of the stuff he saidBut anyhow both of the eps for radio star were not the best for In GukI think this style of variety program actually doesnt really suit himHe's not the type of guy to try to do things out of his way to catch other ppl's attentionhe's a really down to earth and laid back type of guy, so he's disadvantaged in shows where u really need to fight for air time and do stuff to stand out thats why come to think of it, the most interesting variety shows he's been on are either ones where there arent alot of ppl, or ones where everyone takes turns to talk and he doesnt need to fight over othersHappy together was kind of like that too, so compared to some others, he also didnt get as much air time (better than radio star though)One of my faves is still the GO show ep he appeared on with EunjiI think the hosts did a real good job to give everyone a fair share of air time
Anyway Lee Hana did a new interview where she talked alot about working with In Gukmight come back with some brief translations tmrbut everything she had to say about him was good :)

• Like 1

@kimnabong, yes, he was looking rather cool in that concert, but more usual cheerful Seo In Guk in the PMY interview. I don't know about you guys, he seems more matured than during post Reply 1997 interviews. I need more videos of his to confirm this! (just another excuse to drool on him haha).
Anyway, SIG has released my inner fangirl. I haven't actually spend money on CDs anymore since 2003, haha, I just bought his CDs and got them yesterday! yaay.. I wish he has cds on his concert, I love hearing him live.

• Like 1

Havent had a chance to write abot lee hana's interview yet but in guk has a schedule in ulsan today

Its a bit of a weird event...its like a special celebration/festival for newlyweds or ppl who are about to get married. The other criteria is that these couples either had their wedding at the ulsan mbc convention centre or are going to have it there (thats where the event is). So normal fans cant get through (unless u fit the criteria). Theres been one person who left a msg on dc saying that she fits the criteria and is goig, so hopefully will get some photos or sth...

The other thing that was in the news today..last year inguk was made an honorary policeman of ulsan and helped to promote a campaign to tackle 4 big crimes. This yr he continues to do this but hes been promoted to being an inspector. Apparently on the radio in ulsan, they called it "homecoming day"

• Like 1