Hair dye for naturally black asian hair

Guest shellasaurrus

Guest CitrusFlower

It's impossible to lighten your hair color by dying it, you have to bleach it first. But, if you do it right, it'll probably be less damaging than you think.

Actually it's not. I was able to get a honey brown color just buying using over the counter hair dye and their was no bleach in it either.

Your hair seems pretty long so if you want the color to show buy a shade thats lighter then what you wanted and you need atleast two boxes.

Guest soompier1

that's awesome to hear! Hopefully when I get to doing it, it'll work for me :3

don't quote pics

It's not really a good idea to dye chemically straightened hair anyway though, it's extremely damaging

• 2 years later...
Guest shawolchui

Hey~!!

A couple years ago, I wanted to dye my hair with a box kit thing. The only problem was that I, too, had really black Asian hair that I was told was undyeable. So I tried Garnier, I think. But it only showed up a little in really bright sunlight, like... summertime kinda sunlight. After a few different boxes, I learned that the lighter color you try to dye it, the more easily it'll show in light.

But you're making a good decision not to bleach your hair. I did that about a year ago and it KILLED my shiny, healthy hair. For months, I've had to use a deep, reconstructive conditioner to get my hair back to being thick and healthy; and still, it isn't as nice as it was before I bleached my hair.

I suggest you try Clairol! That always produced the best results for me :)

Archived