Gong Hyo Jin 공효진

melusine

Guest Spring Andrew

m so rootin for N O H.. n her male leads r.always.Eyecandy.n.good actors..

Hyunbin Jungwoosung Jo InSung. n she wanted to.cast Won Bin once 。 haha.. she loves good lookin ppl :\"> :x

Spring Andrew said:

@"Spring Andrew"‌ The Hong Sisters are collaborating with the PD from the greatest love for a drama on MBC. Someone commented that GHJ and LJK were most coveted for the lead roles a while back. I personally like the idea of them starring in a drama together.

:)

Nothing is definitive yet so we shall wait and see what happens.

Guest marikolah

ROYOW is on my to-watch list. Glad to hear it's good @readlead‌
@jadecloud Same here. I can only imagine her jokingly complaining about it. I do recall her saying something about calling rsb and telling him about how tired she was while filming though. 

jadecloud said: Spring Andrew said: thanks.. make me remember how much GHJ hated TGL PD.. [-( n hes doing hongsisters.drama.. doubt.ghj will take.it。。 remember her sayin she.cried.cuz.of.the gruelling workin hrs.. n even took pills to fall asleep which.was.like 2 hrs..in her van. .cuz.it was impossible to.go home..she would get no.sleep

updated 2014.Dec.29

Filmography - Movies

2013 고령화가족 Boomerang Family here or here
2012 미호2012: 그녀의 연기 Beautiful 2012: You Are More Than Beautiful - here or here
2012 러브픽션 Love Fiction - here
2010 소와 함께 여행하는 법 Rolling Home with a Bull here or here
2009 지금, 이대로가 좋아요 Sisters on the Road here or here
2008 미쓰 홍당무 Crush & Blush here
2008 다찌마와 리: 악인이여 지옥행 급행열차를 타라! Dachimawa Lee here or here
2007 엠 M go to page 3 of that list.
2007 행복 Happiness go to page 3 of that list.
2007 아들 My Son / A Day with My Son (cameo, voice) here
2006 가족의 탄생 Family Ties RAW subtitle
2005 천군 Heaven's Soldiers here
2002 품행제로 Conduct Zero subtitle

2002 철없는 아내와 파란만장한 남편 그리고 태권소녀 A Bizarre Love Triangle

2002 긴급조치 19호 Emergency Act 19 here
2002 서프라이즈 Surprise Party here or here
2001 화산고 Volcano High here
2001 킬러들의 수다 Guns & Talks here or here
2001 선물 Last Present / A Gift (bit part)
2000 여름 이야기 Summer Story
1999 여고괴담 두번째 이야기 (여고괴담 2: 메멘토 모리) Memento Mori here

if there is no subtitle the link I give, you can search the subtitle in http://subscene.com/ my favorite subtitle site

Filmography - TV Dramas

2014 SBS 괜찮아, 사랑이야 It's Okay, It's Love here
2013 SBS 주군의 태양 Master's Sun here
2011 tvN 꽃미남 라면가게 Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (cameo, episode 9) here
2011 MBC 최고의 사랑 The Greatest Love here
2010 MBC 파스타 Pasta here
2007 MBC 고맙습니다 Thank You here
2005 SBS 건빵선생과 별사탕 Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy here
2004 다섯 개의 별 Five Stars (SK Telecom mobile drama) - only MV n some cuts longer version wanna watch the full vers (7 ep, each ep 10 minutes)
2003 KBS 상두야 학교 가자 Sang-Doo, Let's Go to School! here
2003 MBC 눈사람 Snowman / Snowflakes here new link
2002 MBC 네 멋대로 해라 Ruler of Your Own World here new link subtitle
2001 KBS 드라마시티 Drama City: 사랑하라 희망 없이 Love Without Hope
2001 SBS 화려한 시절 Wonderful Days - I did mistake before, it's not wonderful days but beautiful days this is my most wanted!!!
2000 SBS 좋은친구들 Good Friends: 페퍼민트 Peppermint (sitcom, guest appearance)
2000 MBC 가문의 영광 My Funky Family (sitcom) here

Documentary

2012 577 프로젝트 577 Project - here
2011 MBC 타임: 새드 무비를 아시나요? Time (episode 1): Do You Know Sad Movies? <Narrator> here

@cutie_let_let‌ Yup!!! Popularity of GHJ is a no joke in the Philippines since TGL was shown, then followed by TMS which became a huge hit and got one of the highest rating korean drama ever shown.

Eventhough IOIL hasn't been shown here yet, they already released a copied DVD and its selling well already here.

Being a Gongvelyans, i would love and very eager to see her act again very soon since we haven't had a chance to watch her in Rita and I want it to end soon so she can have time to do dramas or movie.

I believe that GHJ whoever writer it maybe, what matters to her is the quality of the drama she'll be doing, she's one actress that really studied the material first before anything else then consider the people she'll be working with and with every decisions she made, she never failed to succeed and amazed us with her performances.

@cutie_let_let‌ Yup!!! Popularity of GHJ is a no joke in the Philippines since TGL was shown, then followed by TMS which became a huge hit and got one of the highest rating korean drama ever shown.

Eventhough IOIL hasn't been shown here yet, they already released a copied DVD and its selling well already here.

@meilan09‌ I guess you are a Filipino, aren't you?

I'm looking forward for the Philippine premiere of It's Okay, It's Love. Actually, I thought I would never get over from My Love from the Star Syndrome. But after watching The Master's Sun, I totally found Hyojin unni so lovely as in Gongvely. And so I didn't stop there. I watched Pasta and IOIL for like two or three consecutive sleepless nights. And last night, I was able to catch up on her Running Man guesting. Daebak! I just hope that she will be fully recovered the soonest. I so l♡ve her! Gongvelyans, fighting! \m/

Guest marikolah

Here's somewhat of a list of writers/directors she's collaborated more than once with.
Park Chan Wook: 2- A Bizarre Love Triangle- Crush and Blush
Kim Tae Yong (Tang Wei's director hubby): 3- Memento Mori- Family Ties- Her Performance
Jang Jin:- Guns and Talks- My Son (cameo)
Lee Kyung Hee: 2- Sangdoo! Let's Go to School- Thank You
Noh Hee Kyung: 2- Wonderful Days- It's OK, That's Love- ????
Hong Sisters: 2 - Greatest Love- Master's Sun- ????
I'd like her to collaborate with all of them again! :D

Guest Spring Andrew

thx for all ur thoughts..

m hoping melo with Noh .. NOH is just so good with human relationship.. ma fav kind of drama .

hongsisters is mostly rom.com.

i miss sangdoo n thanku styled Hyo Jin

Guest marikolah

I think Gong Hyo Jin really wants to do a melo so you might get lucky @"Spring Andrew"‌
I like melodramas too as long as they're not too angst-y and as long as no one dies at the end.  :P

cutie_let_let said:

@cutie_let_let‌ Yup!!! Popularity of GHJ is a no joke in the Philippines since TGL was shown, then followed by TMS which became a huge hit and got one of the highest rating korean drama ever shown. Eventhough IOIL hasn't been shown here yet, they already released a copied DVD and its selling well already here.

Guest Spring Andrew

I think Gong Hyo Jin really wants to do a melo so you might get lucky @"Spring Andrew"‌

I like melodramas too as long as they're not too angst-y and as long as no one dies at the end. 

:P

yea.. if she chooses melo..

i actually dont care of genre if its Jis or Sjs with her tho..or what happened in seoul (what happened.in bali spin off with these two.boys n ghj this time)

@meilan09 whoa so happy to hear that onnie get so much love from Philippines ^_^

@marikolah I guess the DVD that meilan means is not original DVD :D

ah yap, you should watch ROYOW SOON!!!!! :D
It's really one of BEST WRITTEN KDRAMA!!! The dialog is realistic, the triangle-love is very different that casual. ROYOW is really not your tipical kdrama, TRUST ME!!!

though onnie isnt the lead female there but you wont get disappoint as her performance isnt less amazing than the two leads (lee na young and yang dong gun).

And do you know @mari, that ROYOW is the FIRST KDRAMA being subbed by KDRAMA FANSUBBER! can you believe that??? I'm my self surprise while finding it out a while ago.  

Questions by Thundie, answered by Totuta
Back when you first started, the fansubbing of Korean dramas hadn’t taken off in a big way yet. What made you decide to take a leap into what was (and still is) a tedious, time-consuming and often thankless endeavor? My first fansubbing project was Ruler of Your Own World (2002). The reason why I dived into the job was very simple. I loved ROYOW. And I like the dialogues which I thought were very much modern, great and cool. Many Korean people insisted this kind of Korean language cannot be translated into other languages, not even into Japanese (which is very close to Korean in a grammatical sense). What a pity only Korean people can enjoy this great drama! So I decided to give it a try myself, hoping many people in the world will love this great piece.

Was ROYOW one of the early mania dramas and have you loved others that were similarly underrated but critically acclaimed?
Yes, ROYOW is one of those dramas with fandom. I don’t exactly know how it became one. It just ‘clicked’ with young Korean people back then. I remember everyone was talking about this drama, saying ‘Oh, this one’s different. I loooove this one.’And as for me, I know no drama other than ROYOW which is underrated but great. But it doesn’t mean that there are none. There must be many. It’s just that I’m not watching a lot of dramas.

What was the fansubbing landscape like when you started? As far as I know, there was no one fansubbing Korean dramas back then.

full article http://thundiesprattle.com/2012/04/26/meet-totuta/

if my post above still not convincing enough for you to watch it, then let I quote thundie's comments about ROYOW back in 2004

If you are looking for an atypical Korean drama, I recommend watching RULER OF YOUR OWN WORLD. It will touch your heart and soul. This is the most touching and heartwarming drama I’ve ever seen.
ROYOW is not a complicated drama. Yes, it has the fatal disease and the love triangle, but it is as far removed from the usual K-drama as it can be. There isn’t the roller-coaster ups and downs, the “we love each other but can’t be together” teary scenes. There is no one in the story that you want to clobber. There isn’t a scene where you want to say, “Oh, cut out this stupid crap and get on with it.” The dialogue is the most honest I’ve ever heard. The characters in the story tell each other exactly what they think. The honesty is sometimes brutal, but that’s how ROYOW is. It’s about taking charge of your own life and making sense out of it no matter how difficult the circumstances. It’s about being truthful even if the truth hurts like hell.
full article http://thundiesprattle.com/2009/01/13/remembering-ruler-of-your-own-world/